Trine (PC) Downloadable Version Now $20

[quote name='pram12']Waiting for PSN version.[/QUOTE]

at the rate its going the xblive version should be out by then

[quote name='Gspoon']at the rate its going the xblive version should be out by then[/QUOTE]

it was released last thursday in Europe so hopefully that means it should come to the US store soon

I've been hearing good things about this game but I'm going to wait for the XBLA version.

The retail copy is the only version without activation (ie you actually own it). So if it's something you care about playing down the line, or giving away or anything...

Bought the only copy my OpenBoxGamestop had :roll:

I want it on psn, it's surprising how not amazing the game looks on my computer (7900 GS is really that old now? Come back 2007, come back =/ )

[quote name='Vortextk']I want it on psn, it's surprising how not amazing the game looks on my computer (7900 GS is really that old now? Come back 2007, come back =/ )[/QUOTE]

Eh, that's not much different than the current gen console's GPUs. Actually better in some ways. I think the game is just ugly. At least it looks it in screen shots. But still, sounds interesting and it's 2D gameplay and I have credit to burn at OpenboxGamestop, so...

Wow I have put this game off since they said it would come to PSN for only 20 and its still not here in America. I still would prefer the game on PSN probably but at this rate, it'll be on sale for 15 or 10 by the time it hits PSN.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Eh, that's not much different than the current gen console's GPUs. Actually better in some ways. I think the game is just ugly. At least it looks it in screen shots. But still, sounds interesting and it's 2D gameplay and I have credit to burn at OpenboxGamestop, so...[/QUOTE]

That might be so, but a console is usually better at running games if you compare a pc at the exact same specs(close as you can get atleast). And It wasn't the game's problems, I tried it on my pc and I had to have a lot of options off or lower than I expected for a good framerate. Well, technically that COULD be a problem with the game, but not on how good it looks, just on the beefiness it requires to look good.

Yeah, I mean that's a good point about how consoles can be optimized heavily and stuff, while not all PC games are (although as I was writing that I've remembered some over the years that have run as well or better...like basically given the same results on lower end or similar PC hardware, so I guess it's not really a hard and fast rule).

I bought this a while back when it was $20 on Steam for a weekend deal. Haven't been able to give it the proper play time because I'd really rather play it multiplayer.

Is it local only? This is one of those rare games that I have to admit sounds interesting multiplayer :) (At least with friends... :whistle2:/ )

[quote name='Wolfpup']Is it local only? This is one of those rare games that I have to admit sounds interesting multiplayer :) (At least with friends... :whistle2:/ )[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unfortunately it's local only so that's why I never really play. Sure I could probably use my 360 controllers, but mouse/keyboard is so much better.

[quote name='TobalRox']I bought this a while back when it was $20 on Steam for a weekend deal. Haven't been able to give it the proper play time because I'd really rather play it multiplayer.[/QUOTE]
No you payed $22.50.

Hehe but I was going to buy it then but I didn't have the money for it.

This might be one of the few games where single player is superior to multiplayer. Tried the demo with a friend, and it was more fun playing by myself. Maybe if we had some more experience, it'd be different.

Last edited by a moderator:
The game sounds awesome. Do you guys think it is worth 20? I see it more as a value at 10 bucks from reading various reviews.

I did enjoy the demo, but when it originally came out, Frozenbyte was asking $40! for the game, though Steam had a pre-order deal for $30. When I was playing the demo, I was thinking it was worth a purchase at $30, or definitely at $20. What stopped me from buying the Steam pre-order? I forget, it might have been my disappointment with the multiplayer or maybe it was just some other real-life factors.

trine was never for sale at $40, the steam preorder was $30 and included shadowgrounds.

I think it is worth $20 and if you can play the local co-op, it changes the dynamics significantly for getting both players through the levels.

[quote name='vherub']trine was never for sale at $40[/QUOTE]

If you checked out the Frozenbyte site via the demo, the price was $40. I do assume it quickly dropped to $30.

Will have to give the co-op another try, though.

bread's done
Back