TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FrontBurnr']Of course you pick the two deals that got me in serious trouble lol :) I agree, those were hot and that would be a really cool repeat.[/QUOTE]

Glad to see you back. I earn a lot of TRU rewards and not being able to use them on video game stuff sucks.

You may have got in trouble but there are probably a lot of people like me that bought the above games at launch and would not have without those deals.

[quote name='FrontBurnr']Great feedback, exactly what I'm looking for. Really appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

Shoprunner exclusion is why I shop elsewhere for Skylanders, otherwise TRU would be far superior if shipping wasn't an issue.

As far as other video games go, I haven't been able to find a good deal @ TRU since Mortal Kombat came out and I got a couple copies for like $20 soon after release.

I'll second the request for reasonable shipping prices. And the old gamer coupons at Kmart were great! I always had a coupon so I always had to buy from Kmart, but everytime I bought a new game it came with a new coupon. I believe people called it a coupon parade. . . or coupon locomotive or something:)

[quote name='Scorch']That's not tru (sorry) at all. I picked up Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE at $9.99, down from $99.99[/QUOTE]
Sure a year and a half ago. But overall, there is little movement in TRU clearance. PSP Gos are still $169.98 for gods sake, same as they were 3 years ago. Not at all like regular $5 kmart clearance.

Hi Josh welcome back. I was a huge subscriber to your program back in the Kmart-Era. Before that I believe it was the Circuit City-era and we are currently cycling through the Best Buy era :p.

But quite honestly; Best Buy has been a let down lately with extremely disappointing coupons and the only thing keeping it alive is the pre-order program on new games. I look forward to seeing what you can do with TRU. I haven't stepped foot in one since the original Batman AA was released.

Is there anyway you can share some insight into the culture of Kmart? Like what was it like to run the program? What were the main obstacles? Did you accomplish what your team set out to accomplish? Why did the program end so abruptly?

I honestly don't think your program had any long-term loyalty effect. I haven't been in a Kmart since they pulled the plug. The best thing about your program ending was the fact that I don't ever have to shop at Kmart again.

I would also shop there more if I were able to get better shipping, with Best Buy and Newegg doing free shipping its more or less the reason I go there for my deals.

[quote name='atlantis']Hi Josh welcome back. I was a huge subscriber to your program back in the Kmart-Era. Before that I believe it was the Circuit City-era and we are currently cycling through the Best Buy era :p.

But quite honestly; Best Buy has been a let down lately with extremely disappointing coupons and the only thing keeping it alive is the pre-order program on new games. I look forward to seeing what you can do with TRU. I haven't stepped foot in one since the original Batman AA was released.

Is there anyway you can share some insight into the culture of Kmart? Like what was it like to run the program? What were the main obstacles? Did you accomplish what your team set out to accomplish? Why did the program end so abruptly?

I honestly don't think your program had any long-term loyalty effect. I haven't been in a Kmart since they pulled the plug. The best thing about your program ending was the fact that I don't ever have to shop at Kmart again.[/QUOTE]
I can't provide too much insight into the Kmart deal except that it was a very challenging environment. I'm grateful for my time there and my last year that I worked on the social media team was probably the best time of my short career.

The thing about loyalty programs like the one I was running is that you have to keep it up and invest in it whether it is through customer service, inventory support and markdowns. It may not have been the best fit but we had a great run there when we were doing our thing.

Maybe after a couple of beers and off the record I'll dish it out one day lol.

Josh, I remember going to TRU a lot back when they were doing "Buy Arkham Asylum get a free 20 gift card that activates 6 hours later" or similar deals. If they did this again I would be more inclined to shop there again. It just seems that most of their deals as of late have been lacking.

Good luck on the new gig, I wish you the best

I didn't read everything, and you may or may not be able to intervene with this, but alot of people I know (and not just on CAG) avoid online shopping from TRU because the returns are not integrated with the stores. Something gets shipped incorrectly, and the store is unable to "correct" it, for example. And I believe returns must still be done thru the site also (and cannot be handled in store).

[quote name='soonersfan60']I didn't read everything, and you may or may not be able to intervene with this, but alot of people I know (and not just on CAG) avoid online shopping from TRU because the returns are not integrated with the stores. Something gets shipped incorrectly, and the store is unable to "correct" it, for example. And I believe returns must still be done thru the site also (and cannot be handled in store).[/QUOTE]
I didn't know that, interesting.

[quote name='soonersfan60']I didn't read everything, and you may or may not be able to intervene with this, but alot of people I know (and not just on CAG) avoid online shopping from TRU because the returns are not integrated with the stores. Something gets shipped incorrectly, and the store is unable to "correct" it, for example. And I believe returns must still be done thru the site also (and cannot be handled in store).[/QUOTE]

This AND ^^ My God I have had the WORST experiences in my internet ordering life at TRU.com and I highly doubt I would ever order from them online again. Google them, it is not just me. Short story - ordered a BOGO set of games, one apparently was not in stock despite showing it was in stock - and rather than place me back to the cart they just put the order through for the one game at full price (very not CAG) AND would not let me cancel. I had to make multiple phone calls, hold for hours and eventually dispute the transaction with my payment company to get it resolved. And that resolution was the game arrived and i had to ship it back.

There are tons of stories like this if you search. I liked your prior deals a lot but for me and a lot of others TRU is borderline criminal with some of their tactics and you have your work cut out for you. That said, welcome back!

[quote name='sadboy']Holy shit. When I saw the stickied thread, I was like, "Is Josh back?"[/QUOTE]
And glad to be back :)

I'd like to not only take this TRU relationship forward but we have a lot in the works to really impact the industry the way we did on a smaller scale with Kmart. Or at least we'll give it our best go.

That's weird. I've never had any problem returning online purchases in store.

[quote name='theflicker']That's weird. I've never had any problem returning online purchases in store.[/QUOTE]

I know they won't give you credit back to your credit card. I had a return for damage around Christmas time and they would only give me a gift card for the amount I paid and wouldn't reimburse shipping.

We have a LOT of great stuff planned at FrontBurnr -- We've all been hard at work trying to get content together, but Josh specifically has been busting his hump. You guys don't see the work behind the scenes, but you'd be impressed!

We're also constantly evolving our channels and unique content. I hope to have my podcast moved over as the "Official" FrontBurnr podcast shortly. It won't be on par with what you hear from CheapyD and the gang, but we love what we do and hope to inform.

Stay tuned, but above all keep the suggestions coming!

[quote name='FrontBurnr']And glad to be back :)

I'd like to not only take this TRU relationship forward but we have a lot in the works to really impact the industry the way we did on a smaller scale with Kmart. Or at least we'll give it our best go.[/QUOTE]
All I know is, your company FrontBurnr will succeed
, while (a hypothetical company) Backburnr will not.

Good luck.

[quote name='Sm1ttySm1t']We have a LOT of great stuff planned at FrontBurnr -- We've all been hard at work trying to get content together, but Josh specifically has been busting his hump. You guys don't see the work behind the scenes, but you'd be impressed!

We're also constantly evolving our channels and unique content. I hope to have my podcast moved over as the "Official" FrontBurnr podcast shortly. It won't be on par with what you hear from CheapyD and the gang, but we love what we do and hope to inform.

Stay tuned, but above all keep the suggestions coming![/QUOTE]
Please do not unfollow this thread because I am working with Sm1ttySm1t. We only let him out on Thursdays when the Sun isn't shining.

[quote name='crax']This AND ^^ My God I have had the WORST experiences in my internet ordering life at TRU.com and I highly doubt I would ever order from them online again. Google them, it is not just me. Short story - ordered a BOGO set of games, one apparently was not in stock despite showing it was in stock - and rather than place me back to the cart they just put the order through for the one game at full price (very not CAG) AND would not let me cancel. [/QUOTE]

I had a similar where I bought 6 games during B2G1 Free deal and was charged full price for everything. Was informed that because I was double dipping the system voided the deal. On top of that I had to pay to have everything ship back to TRU.com because the error was on me and not them.

Other issue I have is their rewards program doesn't allow the certificates used on anything video games.

[quote name='FrontBurnr']Please do not unfollow this thread because I am working with Sm1ttySm1t. We only let him out on Thursdays when the Sun isn't shining.[/QUOTE]

Words can hurt, you know. You're the reason I cut myself.

Sadboy, I've been rallying to do something with that idea for awhile. Tell Josh how much awesome potential that has!

[quote name='bojay1997']I know they won't give you credit back to your credit card. I had a return for damage around Christmas time and they would only give me a gift card for the amount I paid and wouldn't reimburse shipping.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Never had a problem returning .com items in store when I brought my packing slip with me. Shipping not reimbursed is understandable.

Good to see you again Josh! TRU is much more accessible than Kmart. Best Buy and Amazon seem to be in a holding pattern with gaming deals so I can see TRU coming to the forefront.

Observations: The online store is really out of date. it is not good at showing store inventory availability which makes for .com in store pickup options a big inconvenience. Over half of my Best Buy purchases are through their website for in store pickup. Its a pretty smooth process they have there regarding their .com options.

JOSH! :applause: Long time, no see! I (very eagerly) anticipate whatever you might have planned for TRU deals, as BBY has been lacking as of late and I've missed the type of deals you brought to Kmart.

As an aside, did you catch the "reveal conference" for the Xbox One (that name... :puke:)?

[quote name='FrontBurnr']Please do not unfollow this thread because I am working with Sm1ttySm1t. We only let him out on Thursdays when the Sun isn't shining.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sm1ttySm1t']Words can hurt, you know. You're the reason I cut myself.[/QUOTE]I swear this same dynamic was around for a while during the Kmart coupon train days...What was that other guy's name...? :whistle2:k

[quote name='Vigilante']JOSH! :applause: Long time, no see! I (very eagerly) anticipate whatever you might have planned for TRU deals, as BBY has been lacking as of late and I've missed the type of deals you brought to Kmart.

As an aside, did you catch the "reveal conference" for the Xbox One (that name... :puke:)?

I swear this same dynamic was around for a while during the Kmart coupon train days...What was that other guy's name...? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Well I, and a lot of the others here at FrontBurnr, were also part of KmartGamer. Josh knows talent when he sees it.

(Also, I have dirt on him...blackmail works brilliantly.)

Today is a good day.

If you're reading comments I just wanted to let you know that toysrus.com is NOT gamer friendly and that is my biggest gripe with TRU in general.

They do some good preorder sales (usually 25% off) but their shipping takes forever and they typically don't dispatch games until 1-2 days after release.

Also it isn't uncommon to get several games thrown into one bubble mailer.

Other then that my store experiences have been fantastic. If someone is supposed to be on sale it always is and the promotions always work.

Again nice to see you back.

[quote name='Sm1ttySm1t']Well I, and a lot of the others here at FrontBurnr, were also part of KmartGamer. Josh knows talent when he sees it.

(Also, I have dirt on him...blackmail works brilliantly.)[/QUOTE]Yeah, I had a feeling you might be the same guy. :p

[quote name='GBAstar']Today is a good day.

If you're reading comments I just wanted to let you know that toysrus.com is NOT gamer friendly and that is my biggest gripe with TRU in general.

They do some good preorder sales (usually 25% off) but their shipping takes forever and they typically don't dispatch games until 1-2 days after release.

Other then that my store experiences have been fantastic. If someone is supposed to be on sale it always is and the promotions always work.

Again nice to see you back.[/QUOTE]Breaking news: TRU supports slavery! :whee: /grammarnazi

Welcome back Josh!

Kinda knew you had a hand in some TRU stuff...

A few things I'd like to see:

-More games at TRU! Whenever there has been a good deal, there is never enough stock to keep a deal going past the first day.
-Coupons/Giftcard/Points deals all day everyday and I'll name my firstborn after you!
-Combo deals for a coupon and $ off a game from the same company
-Work out that bs online store stuff so we can return in store or order instore when a game is out of stock.
-RewardsRus exclusions on redemption and coupons
-Get that shipping cost online down to something reasonable.

I remember creating a CAG account specifically to thank Josh and his team for the kmartgamer deals before he had to discontinue the program. Nice to have you back especially with the start of a new generation of consoles.

I don't have any ToysRus in my area so I'm hoping some of the awesome deals you come up with can be taken advantage of online.
icon10.gif

[quote name='GBAstar']Today is a good day.

Again nice to see you back.[/QUOTE]
I think that is definitely fair criticism. I'm glad they are really looking to get behind the category and make it more friendly, hopefully this will all help. I know it will.

[quote name='bzchanboy']Welcome back Josh!

Kinda knew you had a hand in some TRU stuff...

A few things I'd like to see:

-More games at TRU! Whenever there has been a good deal, there is never enough stock to keep a deal going past the first day.
-Coupons/Giftcard/Points deals all day everyday and I'll name my firstborn after you!
-Combo deals for a coupon and $ off a game from the same company
-Work out that bs online store stuff so we can return in store or order instore when a game is out of stock.
-RewardsRus exclusions on redemption and coupons
-Get that shipping cost online down to something reasonable.[/QUOTE]
Good stuff as always and thanks! I'm going to have a lot to cover with TRU on our next call!

[quote name='Marauder7']Other issue I have is their rewards program doesn't allow the certificates used on anything video games.[/QUOTE]

You probably mean their coupons. Rewards don't have that restriction:

Rewards"R"Us Members who are not "R"Us Credit Cardholders - "R"Us Reward Dollars can be used towards the one-time purchase of qualifying products in-store or online at Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us. Excludes gift cards, diapers, formula, photo studios, Thyme Maternity, Buyer Protection Plan, assembly fee, breast-pump rental fee, delivery fee, and shipping & handling. Value is forfeited if item is returned. If used in-store, certificates must be surrendered at the time of purchase. Only one "R"Us Reward Dollar certificate can be redeemed per item for online purchases. Certificate prorated among eligible items purchased. See additional Terms and Conditions.

[quote name='atc250es']Hey Josh, welcome back, looks like you're back in MI :)[/QUOTE]
I am! Main reason I decided to leave SHC was to be with the fam again. Love MI.

[quote name='Vigilante']Yeah, I had a feeling you might be the same guy. :p

Breaking news: TRU supports slavery! :whee: /grammarnazi[/QUOTE]

He's not that guy, that guy was much cooler. Smitty sucks and I've been begging Josh to get rid of him for literally months.

I was wondering why this thread got so big all of a sudden! Welcome back brother! Like most everyone here I look forward to whatever positive influence you may have in our gaming lives.

[quote name='xilly']He's not that guy, that guy was much cooler. Smitty sucks and I've been begging Josh to get rid of him for literally months.[/QUOTE]

TRU story, I am cooler than the both of ya. :cool:

I have some cool (not-really-a-deal-stuff-unless-free-is-a-deal) community things planned too. Once Josh and I hash it out, I'll be sure to go nuts about it.

[quote name='theflicker']You probably mean their coupons. Rewards don't have that restriction:

Rewards"R"Us Members who are not "R"Us Credit Cardholders - "R"Us Reward Dollars can be used towards the one-time purchase of qualifying products in-store or online at Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us. Excludes gift cards, diapers, formula, photo studios, Thyme Maternity, Buyer Protection Plan, assembly fee, breast-pump rental fee, delivery fee, and shipping & handling. Value is forfeited if item is returned. If used in-store, certificates must be surrendered at the time of purchase. Only one "R"Us Reward Dollar certificate can be redeemed per item for online purchases. Certificate prorated among eligible items purchased. See additional Terms and Conditions.[/QUOTE]

It's whatever they send out when I purchase X dollars. Last 2 x $5 I received was told that the rewards certs cannot be used on video games.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I was wondering why this thread got so big all of a sudden! Welcome back brother! Like most everyone here I look forward to whatever positive influence you may have in our gaming lives.[/QUOTE]
It needs 2 million more views. Just kidding!
[quote name='bzchanboy']-More games at TRU! Whenever there has been a good deal, there is never enough stock to keep a deal going past the first day.[/QUOTE]
Honestly, when I shop at TRU, I either go there for clearance titles or occasional deals; it's a little farther out for me than Kmart. Based on my observation, there have also been times when they didn't stock games I thought they should have (i.e., the games were either too obscure or too generic).

Welcome back Josh! :applause: You are the reason I stepped into Kmart gaming arena and maybe you can do the same for Toys R Us. I haven't stepped in one in ages so here's hoping you can work your wonders on them. Look forward to what you may have in store for us in near future. :)

[quote name='Marauder7']It's whatever they send out when I purchase X dollars. Last 2 x $5 I received was told that the rewards certs cannot be used on video games.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you were told wrong. The terms of the rewards are exactly what I pasted above. And doesn't this sound like the KMart thread, or what?

bread's done
Back