TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome back!! We missed YOU and appreciate all you did for us, and look forward to the future! CAG is a better place with ya. How's the family?

[quote name='murphyspub']So glad you're back Josh. You wouldn't happen to be heading to PAX this year are? Maybe we could get a beer...[/QUOTE]
Potentially! Would love that.

[quote name='thundarr']Welcome back!! We missed YOU and appreciate all you did for us, and look forward to the future! CAG is a better place with ya. How's the family?[/QUOTE]

Family is doing great! Thanks for asking. Been a tough couple of years but better for it.

[quote name='cheeky']Please don't kill tru clearance.[/QUOTE]

I cannot kill TRU clearance (I am an ambassador/consultant - I do not control the team or P&L). Nor did I kill Kmart clearance (Finance and Inventory control that piece: or at least that was how it used to be.)

[quote name='E-104 Epsilon']I can't believe no one has asked about those prices yet. Are they online or in store? Are they YMMV? If I ring it up at my local TRU and it doesn't come up at that price, what do I tell them?[/QUOTE]

The buyer confirmed with me that these are national. However, I will ask how they will ring up or if they need to be activated in-store.

[quote name='Invicta 61']So if I go into TRU and see one of the games you have on the clearance list it should ring up as priced here regardless of shelf tag?[/QUOTE]

Same as above. Will email them this morning.

[quote name='thegame85']There's been a lot of great suggestions on how to revamp Toys R Us' gaming department. Some things that would get me in store (and away from Best Buy) are:

Aggressive preordering incentives. Im talking gift cards and/or reduced price.

More robust clearance. Some of the prices of clearance games at my local TRU are higher than regular sale prices other places.

I also used to trade in my games at Toys R Us before BBY started doing it, what happened to that?[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much! I will definitely ask these questions and provide the suggestions.

Great to see you again, Josh. I have to echo everyone's sentiments on Kmart, there's been little reason for me to return since your promotions ended there.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with for TRU, and can't wait to see what the Pokémon promotion will be for this year. They always manage to do something neat, and if they offered a special deal for buying both editions of the game, I'd greatly appreciate it.

[quote name='FatherChesz']Great to see you again, Josh. I have to echo everyone's sentiments on Kmart, there's been little reason for me to return since your promotions ended there.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with for TRU, and can't wait to see what the Pokémon promotion will be for this year. They always manage to do something neat, and if they offered a special deal for buying both editions of the game, I'd greatly appreciate it.[/QUOTE]
Kmart biz was tough. Some good people over there and I know they are trying to figure it out, hopefully it can get back on track.

TRU has a great foundation and a really dedicated buyer that listens and wants to expand the category. I think we can help them do that.

And nice to see you as well :) I am sure Pokemon will be nailed.

The good thing about TRU is that they don't have good or bad customer service they just have customer service. When I go in there during the day or early afternoon its generally not hard to find an associate to get a game out of the case and if something is on sale it rings up properly. I don't have to spar with an associate or argue with a manager to get the promotion. To be honest I have never had to speak with a store manager at TRU. Plus for the most part the associates seem to be knowledgeable about the sales. When I bought my Skylanders Giants starter pack the girl at the counter mentioned about the figures being on sale as well.

The stores seem to always been clean and well lit.

There is a bit of a different mindset between the Kmart and TRU consumer. When I go to kmart, I am there to save money by buying something specific. Even as a CAG when I go with my son, I walk through the door uncertain as to how much I'll spend. I accept that I'm there to purchase frivlous things. I open my wallet more willingly at TRU for items that are wanted (toys/games) as opposed to items that are needed (laundry detergent, etc.).

[quote name='LordVila']Starcraft 2 has been $10 for a long time at TRU.[/QUOTE]

I don't even see the product on their website. :cry:

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome back. It really feels great to start catching up with everyone and start a new chapter.

Josh, nice to see you back.

I'm a silver member at Best Buy, so if you want someone like me to switch to TRU from BB, you'll have to do one or more of the following:

1. Beat (not match) BB's preorder incentives. Typically the $20 in RZ points, free shipping, etc.
2. Bring back into TRU the giant video game wall that had the slips of paper you had to tear off, and then bring to the little video game kiosk. That'll make me feel like a kid again. :)
3. Make the rewards program more accessible.
0V53yzH.jpg
I'm not sure why the hell I haven't been earning points.

[quote name='ubdu']Josh, nice to see you back.

I'm a silver member at Best Buy, so if you want someone like me to switch to TRU from BB, you'll have to do one or more of the following:

1. Beat (not match) BB's preorder incentives. Typically the $20 in RZ points, free shipping, etc.
2. Bring back into TRU the giant video game wall that had the slips of paper you had to tear off, and then bring to the little video game kiosk. That'll make me feel like a kid again. :)
0V53yzH.jpg
I'm not sure why the hell I haven't been earning points.[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression Best Buy had essentially phased out that program. I think there are 4 qualifying titles left in all of 2013.

Oh I forgot to mention bring back the TRU trade in website so we know what values are without having to lug things into the store. Love that program.

I saw league of one and went that's. . . Josh. Awesome.
1. Stop them from making rewards dollars end so soon after receiving. I always miss them.
2. Make coupons good for game.
3. I hate the way they display games. Behind the glass they are so far away I can't touch them and look at them. This is why I buy most games at BB, plus the $20 preorder credit.
4. Make clearance easier to find and peruse. It's usually on racks all over the place.
5. Have a better selection of Skylanders.
6. Big deals on Swap Force and the PS 4 in the fall.
7. I dislike the buy game get a $10 dollar tru card. I'd rather it be activated immediately, then I can use it while I'm still there.
8. Maybe a special video gamers club with bonuses, special deals.
Great to have you back. Hope that tru gives you a lot of freedom. Besides skylanders figures I haven't bought a game at tru since the buy 2 for $50 awhile ago when I got spiderman and darksiders 2. As Bart Scott said Can't wait.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I was under the impression Best Buy had essentially phased out that program. I think there are 4 qualifying titles left in all of 2013.[/QUOTE]

It may come back. I went to one store and the rep that used to do gaming full time said Best Buy will be giving more attention to gaming with the next gen announcements coming.

The main things I hate about TRU are:

Their stock sucks. It's like they order 3 copies of new games and run out of stock by noon.

Their sales aren't very good for the most part, and when they are good, it doesn't matter, because of their stocking issues.

They don't carry niche games in store like Soul Hackers and Etrian Odyssey 4.

I don't like how you can't even look at M rated game covers because they're all locked up behind the counter. It's really annoying when wondering if the game has coop, but I have to ask an employee just to look at the back of a game.

The problem I have with TRU at least here is that they charge more than MSRP for things, for example a Wii Nunchuck is 21.99 when it is 19.99 MSRP elsewhere. This is just price gouging plain and simple and it needs to stop. I have not been shopping there for a long time out of the principle that I do not want to support a store that charges more than MSRP on things. They also charge 15.99 for skylanders giants, 14.99 is MSRP.

In the past they have charged more than MSRP on Pokemon games, when Colloseum came out they were charging $70 when MSRP was 49.99. Though I don't think they do that anymore or they haven't in a long time.

I know a lot of kids and parents shop here but that is no reason to price gouge or inflate prices to take advantage of kids who are going into a toy store or parents who are buying a gift for kids and they don't have anywhere else to get the gift. Especially raising the prices just a little so they barely notice. Believe me I know what TRU is up to and I know when a store is charging too much. All other stores here do not charge more than MSRP on even the most popular items.

I would shop there if the prices were normal and the deals were good enough. This is really the only problem I have with TRU though and is in no way a reflection of Josh, he is an awesome guy!

It has been a long time since TRU discounted gaming cards. It would be nice to see them on sale again in the future.

Yes, I know Best Buy has PSN cards on sale right now.

[quote name='SaraAB']The problem I have with TRU at least here is that they charge more than MSRP for things, for example a Wii Nunchuck is 21.99 when it is 19.99 MSRP elsewhere. This is just price gouging plain and simple and it needs to stop. I have not been shopping there for a long time out of the principle that I do not want to support a store that charges more than MSRP on things. They also charge 15.99 for skylanders giants, 14.99 is MSRP.[/QUOTE]

I concur with this statement. I haven't noticed it in a while, but I have seen $64.99 prices on normal $59.99 PS3 games.

I know it's been said, but free shipping would help.

Welcome back Josh:)

Really want Fast & Furious: Showdown but after shipping and sales tax game is almost $33 so will just hold off....wish there was free shipping then I would bite in a second.

[quote name='SaraAB']The problem I have with TRU at least here is that they charge more than MSRP for things, for example a Wii Nunchuck is 21.99 when it is 19.99 MSRP elsewhere. This is just price gouging plain and simple and it needs to stop. I have not been shopping there for a long time out of the principle that I do not want to support a store that charges more than MSRP on things. They also charge 15.99 for skylanders giants, 14.99 is MSRP.

In the past they have charged more than MSRP on Pokemon games, when Colloseum came out they were charging $70 when MSRP was 49.99. Though I don't think they do that anymore or they haven't in a long time.

I know a lot of kids and parents shop here but that is no reason to price gouge or inflate prices to take advantage of kids who are going into a toy store or parents who are buying a gift for kids and they don't have anywhere else to get the gift. Especially raising the prices just a little so they barely notice. Believe me I know what TRU is up to and I know when a store is charging too much. All other stores here do not charge more than MSRP on even the most popular items.

I would shop there if the prices were normal and the deals were good enough. This is really the only problem I have with TRU though and is in no way a reflection of Josh, he is an awesome guy![/QUOTE]

GS charged $15.99 for Scarlet Ninjini while the other giants were $14.99.

The biggest thing they price gouge on now is their TCG cards, charging way over MSRP on individual packs and the starter decks/tins. Anyone who plays TCG's should buy their stuff from where they play or an independent dealer b/c it's going to be cheaper and you support the places you play at.

Oh wow. I clicked on this thread before, but I never realized that that was Josh! I remember when KMart had all my purchases...

A buy one get one half off promotion on 3DS and DS games would be a very nice promo for the new Animal Crossing or a free strategy guide for it.

[quote name='Donut2922']It may come back. I went to one store and the rep that used to do gaming full time said Best Buy will be giving more attention to gaming with the next gen announcements coming.[/QUOTE]

You might want to check out some of the BB threads. Apparently BB is downsizing their video game departments, eliminating the preorder kiosks and closing those little register areas in video games. Doesn't sound like they are going to continue pushing video games in the near future.

[quote name='MSUHitman']GS charged $15.99 for Scarlet Ninjini while the other giants were $14.99.

The biggest thing they price gouge on now is their TCG cards, charging way over MSRP on individual packs and the starter decks/tins. Anyone who plays TCG's should buy their stuff from where they play or an independent dealer b/c it's going to be cheaper and you support the places you play at.[/QUOTE]

Yeah seriously. I use to play Pokemon a long time ago...like 8-10 years ago, and I never bought them from TRU because of then being overpriced. I was always a target/books a million buyer when it came too tgc.

[quote name='bojay1997']You might want to check out some of the BB threads. Apparently BB is downsizing their video game departments, eliminating the preorder kiosks and closing those little register areas in video games. Doesn't sound like they are going to continue pushing video games in the near future.[/QUOTE]

Yeah - the rep I was talking with is actually from a store that already took its gaming register down. I haven't talked to the folks at my main store so I'm hopeful that what i heard may be true.

[quote name='SaraAB']In the past they have charged more than MSRP on Pokemon games, when Colloseum came out they were charging $70 when MSRP was 49.99. Though I don't think they do that anymore or they haven't in a long time.[/QUOTE]

And I remember seeing the old Pokemon GBA games for $35 instead of $30. It wasn't even like how there is a little variance in DS game pricing. GBA games were $30, plain and simple.

0V53yzH.jpg

My Toys R us still does this it is awesome! :lol:

Loving this thread, picked up an XL finally with DKCR, kind of sad to retire the launch 3DS but it was long over due, hope to see more awesome deals from TRU

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Picked up fast and furious showdown for the wiiU. On sale for 24 buckeroos.[/QUOTE]
WHY

It's been deemed the worst game ever made.

[quote name='Autosaver']WHY

It's been deemed the worst game ever made.[/QUOTE]

Of the year not ever. You must be a young whippersnapper if you think that is the worst game ever.

[quote name='Autosaver']WHY

It's been deemed the worst game ever made.[/QUOTE]

I love this quote from the IGN review:

"Showdown is at a “budget” price of $40, which is borderline-unethical for a product of such low quality and minimal content. I found absolutely zero enjoyment while playing this game, and I struggle to imagine how anybody could. It’s unintentionally poignant that an actual “hint” in the instruction booklet reads, “To remove disc, touch the eject button after quitting the game.” At least the manual seems self-aware."

Thanks for this post. Got my niece a Pink 3DSXL with NSMB2. Shes loving it. that $40 off deal came in handy.. granted i could have saved another $10 on the game if i got it elsewhere..

She had an original DS and also a DSLite that was in really bad shape... and i gave her a modded PSP with games...but PSP has such a crappy collection of kid games.. felt i just get her a nice present just because. :)

Now i am using my mario kart 7 game that came bundled with my blue 3DSXL this past xmas (160 deal) and using that download play. Amazing!
Next is Download play with Luigis Mansion.

Anyone have any valid square trade code for the 3 year accidental warranty? Cant find any. I got her a invis shield screen protector.but just want the coverage if she breaks the screen.. 3 years on their site is like 45-50. well worth it i think.. shes 5 going to 6.

0V53yzH.jpg

I remember the video game wall too, thought I was the only one that loved that :) That is interesting on your points, did they provide any background on why they might now have been applied? I'll ask as well just in general on what could cause this.

[quote name='killercane']Oh I forgot to mention bring back the TRU trade in website so we know what values are without having to lug things into the store. Love that program.[/QUOTE]

I've seen a few requests for this even via email. I'll definitely ping them on when/why it went down and if there is an alternative.

[quote name='Vap']The main things I hate about TRU are:

Their stock sucks. It's like they order 3 copies of new games and run out of stock by noon.

Their sales aren't very good for the most part, and when they are good, it doesn't matter, because of their stocking issues.

I don't like how you can't even look at M rated game covers because they're all locked up behind the counter. It's really annoying when wondering if the game has coop, but I have to ask an employee just to look at the back of a game.[/QUOTE]

The dreaded glass case. I struggled with the same thing back in the day. I am not sure if we can expect a lot of changes on the display front though I'm keeping my fingers crossed the next gen will have some type of register activation that would diminish the return for any theft.

[quote name='SaraAB']The problem I have with TRU at least here is that they charge more than MSRP for things, for example a Wii Nunchuck is 21.99 when it is 19.99 MSRP elsewhere. This is just price gouging plain and simple and it needs to stop. I have not been shopping there for a long time out of the principle that I do not want to support a store that charges more than MSRP on things. They also charge 15.99 for skylanders giants, 14.99 is MSRP.

I would shop there if the prices were normal and the deals were good enough. This is really the only problem I have with TRU though and is in no way a reflection of Josh, he is an awesome guy![/QUOTE]

I'll definitely pulse them on this.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Whoa I go away for a little while and Josh returns!

Welcome back and see you on twitter![/QUOTE]

See you there as well!

[quote name='Sindroam']I concur with this statement. I haven't noticed it in a while, but I have seen $64.99 prices on normal $59.99 PS3 games.

I know it's been said, but free shipping would help.[/QUOTE] Very interesting, I wonder if that was only specific locations, I have not seen this before in my area.

[quote name='Josh5890']Dude, it is great pleasure to see you in a CAG thread. Here's hoping for the best![/QUOTE] Nice to see you too!

[quote name='anthonyd46']Didnt see it listed here but the udraw slip case is clearanced down to 7.48 in both colors[/QUOTE] Thank you! I will add.

[quote name='LordVila']I love this quote from the IGN review:

"Showdown is at a “budget” price of $40, which is borderline-unethical for a product of such low quality and minimal content. I found absolutely zero enjoyment while playing this game, and I struggle to imagine how anybody could. It’s unintentionally poignant that an actual “hint” in the instruction booklet reads, “To remove disc, touch the eject button after quitting the game.” At least the manual seems self-aware."[/QUOTE] Yeah, definitely not a fan of it. It's a value game ($20 or less sku). $40 is just capitalizing on the name. $24.99 was the top end of what its worth.

[quote name='buffalo']Welcome back Josh:)

Really want Fast & Furious: Showdown but after shipping and sales tax game is almost $33 so will just hold off....wish there was free shipping then I would bite in a second.[/QUOTE]
Totally get that on FF: Showdown. The shipping costs for a single game purchase are definitely a deal breaker IMO as well.

[quote name='Vap']The main things I hate about TRU are:

I don't like how you can't even look at M rated game covers because they're all locked up behind the counter. It's really annoying when wondering if the game has coop, but I have to ask an employee just to look at the back of a game.[/QUOTE]
I think it is really important on niche titles to attack them on .com. If you do bring them in store it has to be with a news worth promotion or you will get killed with MD's for sure.

[quote name='Carlanga']Of the year not ever. You must be a young whippersnapper if you think that is the worst game ever.[/QUOTE]
This. I've played better shittier games back in the day.
Just kidding.

$20 Gift Card for FUSE email heading out on 5/31 through 6/1. 40% off all Skylanders Accessories (same dates) coupon as well.

Nice to have you back, Josh.

Hopefully i can use this Fuse deal to get some of my friends to pick it up. Supposedly it's only fun with 4 people.

i picked fuse up earlier, its pretty decent. nice graphics, the creative weaponry we expect from insomniac is there, story is so so, but should be a great coop experience. i had about 25 worth of sywr from kmart, add in the 10 dollars in point, pretty good deal

bread's done
Back