TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
$44.99 online only. Still completely understand about the online shipping / shoprunner issue, definitely working to get more info traction.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Wondering the same thing, is it online only or in store? Taking the kid mini-golfing over by TRU tomorrow so maybe we'll stop in and see.

If I do though I hope they'll do another exchange on my Giants starter set. First one the included giant didn't work and this time round the portal's being wonky and while the giant works he's got all sorts of stray paint on him. They didn't want to exchange it the first time I was there but it's not too much to expect that such a thing works right and isn't damaged out of the box is it?[/QUOTE]
You can find the offers on the online video game header. I have been told that these crossover into the store as well.

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.j...Homepage_aspot:leftnav:Video-Games#fragment-4

[quote name='SumPro']How I miss the Toys R Us store and commercials of the 80's. I remember the store was so huge and organized they carried everything or so it seemed. The game wall was so cool with game slips two long aisles of NES games. I wanted to be at that store every weekend. My godfather would take me and and ask me to get whatever I wanted every weekend at one point I had the whole collection of He-Man, Thundercats, Transformers, Micro Machines, GI Joes and my Darth Vadar Helmet filled with Star Wars toys. The good old times.

Well I still shop there for all my video games and I'm about to have my own son at 34 in a few months cant wait to take him to Toys R Us to bad it isn't what it use to be. Looking forward to some deals though.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I always looked forward to going to Toys R Us. I remember they sent out that toy catalog and I would pick out what I wanted (just like I did for the Sears and JCPenny's catalogs...) The frustrating thing about the game wall was sometimes you would find the game slip, take it to the register only to realize they did not have any more or could not find it in that little office with the windows in it. Remember that little office / storage area at the exit door where you could see the actually games, etc. My toys have been shattered buy I still have my Darth Vader Storage Helmet somewhere along with some G.I. Joes and Star Wars characters. Kids have got it made these days where there favorite toys, games, etc. is just a click away.

Anyway, Glad to see you back Josh. You brought me back to Kmart for the deals you gave us so I look forward to bringing me back to Toys R Us.

[quote name='Kuma']Can I ask what happened? I was going to preorder there myself, I have some RZ cards that have to be burned.[/QUOTE]

They canceled my online preorder without explanation. Two non-game orders since then have gone through.

Then I attempt a phone order, and it gets canceled without even notifying me.

[quote name='Midnight Express']The frustrating thing about the game wall was sometimes you would find the game slip, take it to the register only to realize they did not have any more or could not find it in that little office with the windows in it. [/QUOTE]
I think the opposite has happened to me before.

[quote name='ubdu']They canceled my online preorder without explanation. Two non-game orders since then have gone through.

Then I attempt a phone order, and it gets canceled without even notifying me.[/QUOTE]

In my experience, Best Buy does a check every 3 or 4 days on pre-orders to see if funds to cover the whole purchase are available in the account. If they aren't there, the order gets cancelled.

Happened to me when i ordered my WiiU and games from them and they happened to hit my checking account Thursday night before pay day. Since I don't always keep $400+ cash in that account, it failed the ping and was cancelled.

[quote name='FrontBurnr']$44.99 online only. Still completely understand about the online shipping / shoprunner issue, definitely working to get more info traction.[/QUOTE]

With shipping, it's $50.29 to central Illinois. Amazon has it for $50.26 with free 2-day Prime shipping (or free 5+ day super saver shipping).

They wouldn't honor the buy 1 get 1 for $2 on Skylanders figures with the logic that it must be online only since you can't store pickup any figures. Never mind that you can't instore pickup the figures ever anyway and only a handful are actually available for shipping or that it didn't sat anywhere online only.

hey frontburnr, will there ever be a sale on the Pokemon games, friend had her Pokemon game stolen.

I can definitely put that in for a request. Just a general bogo or direct sale in particular.

FrontBurnr said:
Nothing in the hopper yet though we discussed the potential of a community offer. On the radar, I want to update the June offers as soon as possible similar to how I did with KG. Just working out the slate.
Anything to look forward to, re: Animal Crossing?
I believe it has an offer but I do not think it is very aggressive. I will check.

They wouldn't honor the buy 1 get 1 for $2 on Skylanders figures with the logic that it must be online only since you can't store pickup any figures. Never mind that you can't instore pickup the figures ever anyway and only a handful are actually available for shipping or that it didn't sat anywhere online only.
I have a call with the buyer today, I'll let him know right away.

Well, the good news is that with the coupon it rang up just fine and didn't have to haggle with the clerk.  The bad news is that I had to make a second trip.  The worse news is that someone snagged that lone copy of Castlevania I was banking on grabbing. :(

Just noticed it didn't transfer any of my edits from pre-"update" to now.  Here's the link to the coupons that you have to use and they have the codes you have to put in online as well: http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/media/trus/OI060213A_cpns.pdf

Just a very frustrating TRU experience after having several pleasing ones and made even more so by the fact that the deal's on the site and in the ad but they wouldn't honor it and finding those coupons was a pure fluke on my part.  Though I'm also bitter that I had to make two trips and missed out on one of the reasons I went back the next day.

FrontBurnr said:
Nothing in the hopper yet though we discussed the potential of a community offer. On the radar, I want to update the June offers as soon as possible similar to how I did with KG. Just working out the slate.
Anything to look forward to, re: Animal Crossing?
$5 gift card with purchase

Just noticed it didn't transfer any of my edits from pre-"update" to now. Here's the link to the coupons that you have to use and they have the codes you have to put in online as well: http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/media/trus/OI060213A_cpns.pdf

Just a very frustrating TRU experience after having several pleasing ones and made even more so by the fact that the deal's on the site and in the ad but they wouldn't honor it and finding those coupons was a pure fluke on my part. Though I'm also bitter that I had to make two trips and missed out on one of the reasons I went back the next day.

For the weeks where there is no physical ad, all stores should have copies of the printed online ad along with any coupons included at each register. It's a shame the employees you dealt with were so uninformed.

For the weeks where there is no physical ad, all stores should have copies of the printed online ad along with any coupons included at each register. It's a shame the employees you dealt with were so uninformed.
Sadly, that's about what I expect when dealing with a middle aged woman working the electronics area. No, that's not fair. That's what I expect from most retail employees.

I think the opposite has happened to me before.
Same thing happened to me last wee at best buy it was sooo frustrating.
wink.gif

Bring back the aisle of paper tags and the little room at the front of the store where you had to deliver said tag and wait for someone to locate your game ... or not?

Thread updated with next week's offers!

RU Ad 6/9-6/15 (Online Insert): 

• 3DS Animal Crossing: New Leaf $5 Gift card w/purchase
  • 80% Off DS Universal Transporter Kit, Super Mario Start Kit when you buy 3DS or 3DS XL Hardware
    Includes Animal Crossing 3DS bundle

[*]BOGO 40% Value games $19.99 and below
[*]BOGO 40% Xbox 360 Video Games
6-7 Email

• 2 for $18 on $12.00 Skylanders Giants Lightcore Figures

Unadvertised deals 6/7 through 6/15: 

• Metro Last Light save $10 ($49.99)
  • Dead Island Riptide save $20 ($29.99)

Note: Last of Us details forthcoming

Does TRU pricematch? Animal Crossing PM'ed to K-Mart's $29.99 w/ $5 giftcard would be nice.
They do pricematch only physical ads shown complete in-store, so showing online is ymmv according to policy below. Also bundle deals can't be PM, $29.99 is best you could do for the K-mart deal.

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=11949070&camp=ppc:432703266&affcode=2703266&searchdef=2194806&k_clickid=1292ec5b-cfe1-b248-42e7-00002367afd1&002=2194806&006=19403379406&007=Search&008=&009=e&012=toys%20r%20us%20price%20match&021=24127457158

• 80% Off DS Universal Transporter Kit, Super Mario Start Kit when you buy 3DS or 3DS XL Hardware

6-7 Email

Note: Last of Us details forthcoming
Boo! Still no Remember Me deal!

j/k I know you're probably still working on something!

• BOGO 40% Xbox 360 Video Games
6-7 Email

360 games only? Boourns. Not that I need more Skylanders or that you'll even know but any chance that they'll be getting stock of Lightcore Pop Fizz to coincide with the Lightcore sale?

hqdefault.jpg

Even though price matching kills the $5 gift card deal, knowing my $10 gift card expires in August I think I will still price match Animal Crossing @TRU Sunday morning and use some shopkicks as well.

Even though price matching kills the $5 gift card deal, knowing my $10 gift card expires in August I think I will still price match Animal Crossing @TRU Sunday morning and use some shopkicks as well.
You never know, could have some employee who just gives you the gift card too or something.

Just a heads up, anyone who wants the Animal Crossing 3DSXL bundle better be at TRU first thing Sunday, because it looks like it'll be every bit as limited as the Pikachu edition was (only got 2 where I'm at).

Just a heads up, anyone who wants the Animal Crossing 3DSXL bundle better be at TRU first thing Sunday, because it looks like it'll be every bit as limited as the Pikachu edition was (only got 2 where I'm at).
While that's good to know, I wouldn't worry about it since the Pikachu one was a special case.

Why you ask?

• The Pikachu 3DS released during a sale, so it would appear to be $60 dollars cheaper (lets ignore the fact you get a game not everyone cares about) to buy a Pikachu 3DS XL then, the Animal Crossing one now.
  • The Pikachu 3DS released on the same day as a XL promotion, where a lot of people picked up Luigi's Mansion the same day to get a free game via club nintendo. That was also worth close to 300 coins, which is instant gold status.
  • Pokemon has a stronger fanbase (thus more resellers) than Animal Crossing and I would say the design is a little more distinct. Not everyone will care for it, but you can be confused by what the AC one is, but probably not by the Pikachu one.
Not saying it will be common or anything, but I wouldn't be shocked if you could walk in on Thursday and find one.

6-7 Email

Note: Last of Us details forthcoming
Thanks for the Metro Last Light deal but its still more than I am willing to pay.

SOrry if someone already asked this but are the games on clearance online only or are they in store as well. When do they go off clearance?

While that's good to know, I wouldn't worry about it since the Pikachu one was a special case.

Why you ask?

• The Pikachu 3DS released during a sale, so it would appear to be $60 dollars cheaper (lets ignore the fact you get a game not everyone cares about) to buy a Pikachu 3DS XL then, the Animal Crossing one now.
  • The Pikachu 3DS released on the same day as a XL promotion, where a lot of people picked up Luigi's Mansion the same day to get a free game via club nintendo. That was also worth close to 300 coins, which is instant gold status.
  • Pokemon has a stronger fanbase (thus more resellers) than Animal Crossing and I would say the design is a little more distinct. Not everyone will care for it, but you can be confused by what the AC one is, but probably not by the Pikachu one.
Not saying it will be common or anything, but I wouldn't be shocked if you could walk in on Thursday and find one.
The thing is, it looks like they had a very limited production run and no store seemed to have gotten more than two- once these are gone it looks like they're not coming back.

Why you ask?
The thing is, it looks like they had a very limited production run and no store seemed to have gotten more than two- once these are gone it looks like they're not coming back.
Thought that is why it is called "Limited Edition"...? Just saying.

See, you missed my point. You were saying you "better be at -insert retail store here- first thing Sunday", where as I was pointing out WHY Pikachu was such a huge seller. If you expect this 3DS to match the Pikachu 3DS, then you're in for a shock, cause it won't happen. Yes it will be limited, thats what you expect with a limited edition (as StryderOmega said), but it just will not be as popular. Hell, considering the Pikachu 3DS XL was only averaging $250 off eBay (now appears to only be $300), it won't be worth most peoples time to resell them. Assuming AC sells for as much, you're looking at a mere $80 dollars profit and that's before taxes / paypal fees / ebay fees / shipping.

Eh, Animal Crossing is a HUGE franchise and other sites I've been to had a ton of people interested in this one. The supply is low so while it may not be as rare as the Pikachu one, I do feel it will become hard to find.

Eh, Animal Crossing is a HUGE franchise and other sites I've been to had a ton of people interested in this one. The supply is low so while it may not be as rare as the Pikachu one, I do feel it will become hard to find.
Pokemon's a huge franchise too. Maybe too huge. (gulp)

• BOGO 40% Xbox 360 Video Games
6-7 Email

360 games only? Boourns. Not that I need more Skylanders or that you'll even know but any chance that they'll be getting stock of Lightcore Pop Fizz to coincide with the Lightcore sale?
Guess you could try your luck in-store.

Was browsing on Friday and TRU had 1 Lightcore Pop Fizz and 1 Lightcore Chill. Since I always wanted Chill (liked her design) and Pop Fizz (already have a punch/red variant; but liked the blue one); it was a nice way to get both, with the "extra light" and save some money too. :bouncy:

Can anyone explain to me why the B1G1 40% off does not work for Dead Island Riptide?  It seems to be the only game it does not work for.

Can confirm that price matching doesn't net you the $5 gift card, it looks like the computer cancels it out completely. Still happy with my purchase. After price matching down to $29.99 and using $10 shopkick gift card and $10 promo gift card only $12.81 after tax for day 1 Animal Crossing :D.

Can confirm that price matching doesn't net you the $5 gift card, it looks like the computer cancels it out completely. Still happy with my purchase. After price matching down to $29.99 and using $10 shopkick gift card and $10 promo gift card only $12.81 after tax for day 1 Animal Crossing :D.
Well done sir. :applause:

surprised to see it work for xbox preorders.

picking up 2 copies of NCAA 14 at 20% off. Was going to hold off for the hope Best Buy steps up, but all quiet on that front.

Isn't Metro Last Light supposed to be $10 off?  Website shows full price.  Also, buy 1 get one 40% works on some not all 360 preorders.  Have Watch Dogs and Destiny in my cart to test it but not going to preorder games with release date of December.  Too bad ps3 games not included. Would love to get Last of Us cheaper.

does anyone know where i can get the ultimate marvel vs capcom 3? I looked on their website and i couldn't find it. Im a supa noob to this site, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Boo! Still no Remember Me deal!

j/k I know you're probably still working on something!
It's looking like a small gift card offer, I know they are trying to go deeper. I'll update as soon as I can confirm with them. The BOGO is pretty solid though if you prefer 360.

SOrry if someone already asked this but are the games on clearance online only or are they in store as well. When do they go off clearance?
For the most part, the clearance prices should only be in store. I do not believe items are removed from clearance once entering close out mode.

Hey josh when can we expect to know the full details on The Last Of Us deal?
Today, another hour or so.

Can anyone explain to me why the B1G1 40% off does not work for Dead Island Riptide? It seems to be the only game it does not work for.
New to TRU bogo's, my immediate response would be to it being already on sale but I'm not entirely sure. If anybody knows from experience please let me know as well. I'm shooting them an email but I know since they are at E3 they may not see everything quickly this week.

Isn't Metro Last Light supposed to be $10 off? Website shows full price. Also, buy 1 get one 40% works on some not all 360 preorders. Have Watch Dogs and Destiny in my cart to test it but not going to preorder games with release date of December. Too bad ps3 games not included. Would love to get Last of Us cheaper.
I'm on the website now and it does show MLL as $10 off. Have you checked again by chance? Regarding BOGO not applying to all 360 pre orders I'm not exactly sure and will have to ask. I'll shoot them an email. Posting LOU deal shortly.

bread's done
Back