TRU ad 3/16-3-22 *UPDATE W. 2 DAY EASTER SALE*

MidnightMetal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Well here goes, I'm going to include movie deals here also, don't see the point in creating new thread for the couple of DVD deals

*UPDATED WITH 2 DAY EASTER SALE FOR FRI. AND SAT. ONLY*
List of Easter Sale is at Bottom of post

VIDEO GAME DEALS

Buy 1 Get 1 $10 off on ALL Nintendo DS Games*
*Excludes NDS titles $9.99 or less

Buy 1 Get 1 $20 off on ALL Nintendo Wii Games**
**Excludes Wii titles $19.99 or less

Save $40 off Nintendo DS Value Pack
Package includes for $149.97
  • Choice of NDS System (Cobalt Blue, Onyx, Polar White, Crimson, Coral Pink)
  • DS Fashion Tote (Item #975343)
  • Choice of either Petz Bunnyz or Petz Tigerz
Come in and Demo Sony's HOT NEW games! (In-store only)
Buzz Hollywood, Buzz RoboJam & Singstar '90s

PLUS...$10 off when you demo these games***

***Coupon distributed Sarturday March 22nd, Noon-4pm only. Limit 1 per demo participant. Coupon is used only for Singstar/Buzz games only.

DVD DEALS

Buy 1 Get 1 HALF PRICE on ENTIRE Stock of Movies****
****In-store only. Discounted DVD must be equal or lesser value

Titles Shown:
  • Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium
  • Bratz Kidz Fairy Tales
  • The Backyardigans Tale of the Mighty Knight
  • Bee Movie
  • Barbie Mariposa and the Butterfly Fairy Friends
  • Spiderman 3
  • Ratatouille
  • The Simpsons Movie
  • Pirates of the Caribbean At World's End
In-Store Tuesday
  • Enchanted (Free Enchanted Coin Purse with Purchase of Enchanted on DVD)
  • I Am Legend
  • The Seeker
  • Go Diego Go Moonlight Rescue
  • A Pup Named Scooby Doo Complete 1st Season
2 DAY EASTER SALE FRI. AND SAT. ONLY

25% off Soft Sports Kit for Wii Reg. $19.99
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2911571

50% off Select Software Titles (Applies in various platforms, Titles may vary by store)
Reg. $14.99- $39.99
  • Cars
  • Nicktoons Battle for Volcano Island
  • Spongebob Squarepants Creature from the Krusty Krab
  • Spiderman Friend or Foe
  • Bee Movie Game
  • The Incredibles
50% off Nintendo DS Easter Egg Kit Reg. $9.99
Comes in different styles http://www.toysrus.com/search/index...98&origkw=968998&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1
50% off Nintendo DS Lunch Box Style DS Starter Kit Reg. $29.99
Comes in different styles
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index...87&origkw=188487&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1

Save $40 on PS2 Value Pack Sale for $139.97
Package includes
  • PS2 System (either Charcoal Black or Satin Silver)
  • Transformers Game
  • Wireless Controller 2-pack
Well There Ya go, Happy Easter!

[quote name='mrodger']Thanks for pointing out that the deal is working for $20 games online. I finally picked up Zack & Wiki and also got Dewy's Adventure. $26.93 shipped for both after using a $10 gift card I had been hanging onto for a long time.[/QUOTE]

Is it possible that this will work in-store for the few games listed on the site at $19.99?

I'm thinking of picking up Mario Kart Wii & effectively making Z/W $10. Does anyone know if TRU charges you for pre-orders now or when the item ships?

[quote name='gsrjedi']I'm thinking of picking up Mario Kart Wii & effectively making Z/W $10. Does anyone know if TRU charges you for pre-orders now or when the item ships?[/QUOTE]

When the item ships. In addition to Word Coach and Dewey's Adventure, I picked up Mario Kart Wii and HotD 2/3. The shipping was only $6.xx for all 4 games so it wasn't bad at all. It sees that they charge the shipping on the first package.

Damn, I caved last night and took the Smash Bros deal they had going last week for Smash Bros and Zak & Wiki. If I had just waited like 10 hours I could of saved myself $5...

I tried to cancel and reorder, but I guess I missed the deadline or something... damn you TRU, damn you!!!

Thinking about preordering Mario Kart and Okami for the Wii with my $25 gift card, but I'm thinking it might be better to buy in store to avoid shipping. Has anyone used this deal on preorders in store?

I went to get sega bass fishing, HOTD, Zak and Wiki, and cooking mama. All that they had was zak and wiki. They said HOTD was not even released :cry:. Damn TRU.

[quote name='tito1183']I went to get sega bass fishing, HOTD, Zak and Wiki, and cooking mama. All that they had was zak and wiki. They said HOTD was not even released :cry:. Damn TRU.[/quote]

HOTD comes out on Tuesday (according to the TRU web site), but it is unknown if it will be in store before the end of the week :whistle2:(

Hmm I really don't know if I should keep Zack and Wiki. Is it really that good?

price matched CC and got HOtD and MLB Power Pros (best game ever!), plus used 10% off gamersclub membership. Like 38$ after tax, great deal, thanks OP.

[quote name='seanr1221']I also PM'd at Best Buy.

Picked up HotD and Ghost Squad.[/quote]

Same, but got HotD and Z&W. Like others said, TRU said HotD comes out on Tuesday, so Best Buy gets my money this time.

haha, cc needs to hire better managers.

had this young and cute female manager do the pm for me, but she looked at the tru ad and thought it's $20 off EACH games, so I got RE4 and EO for $20+ tax

nice

The only reason why I am doing this at bb is because I have a few gift cards that would cover it. It was that or dump whatever I had to gamestop and swallow my loss to get SSBB.

[quote name='supaet']haha, cc needs to hire better managers.

had this young and cute female manager do the pm for me, but she looked at the tru ad and thought it's $20 off EACH games, so I got RE4 and EO for $20+ tax

nice[/quote]

my bb took off 10 dollars off EACH Autobot DS and Decepticon DS, so basically I got both a total of 20 bucks instead of a total of 30 bucks :).

price matched at BB for HoTD and Ghost Squad..

the way they rung it up on the receipt, 1st game was full price, 2nd game was $10. i know some frown upon this stuff,.. but if one were so inclined it looks like you could repeat and return to end up with 2 games for $20.

Use your rewards card when you price match at bb. Not only did I get 20 dollars off but the rewards program is running a special. If you buy 2 wii games over 39.99 you get a free ten dollar gift card.

[quote name='cag1138']Use your rewards card when you price match at bb. Not only did I get 20 dollars off but the rewards program is running a special. If you buy 2 wii games over 39.99 you get a free ten dollar gift card.[/quote]

argh :bomb:

oh well it would have been one or the other....

so I walked out with SSBB for 39.99 and Z&W for 19.99.

Not bad considering the other best buy I went to shot me down.

[quote name='mrodger']Thanks for pointing out that the deal is working for $20 games online. I finally picked up Zack & Wiki and also got Dewy's Adventure. $26.93 shipped for both after using a $10 gift card I had been hanging onto for a long time.[/quote]

It seems that the $20 Wii game or less exclusion doesn't apply. So if you get two $20 Wii games, it will take off the second Wii game, so it would come out to buy one get one free (if second title is $20 or less) This also applies to the DS game sale with the $10 off. Also this might be YMMV, worked in system in-store today.

[quote name='msdmoney']Thinking about preordering Mario Kart and Okami for the Wii with my $25 gift card, but I'm thinking it might be better to buy in store to avoid shipping. Has anyone used this deal on preorders in store?[/quote]I'm wondering about that as well. I was going to buy Mario Kart anyway, so I might as well pick up another game with it to get $20 off.

Went to TRU today and found Zack and Wiki but they didnt have House of the Dead so I didnt get anything. :cry: I hope when I go back on tuesday they have HoTD. Today they only had 4 copies left for Zack and Wiki, I hope it wont sell out before TRU gets HoTD.

Coupon Alert!
Your TRU cashiers should be handing out a couple of coupons now. They come in a red mini-booklet about 2" w x 3" h called "Passport to Savings." The coupons are as follows:

- $5 off ANY purchase of $25 or more (valid 3/30-4/5)
- 15% off ANY one item (valid 4/6-4/12)

I know these won't help for the deals this week, but be sure to pick up a few of these while your taking advantage of the Wii/Ds promos while you're at the store.

seems like a good deal for the B&M stores only. with shipping and tax, the deal sucks online. i guess i'll need to take a drive to the closest TRU in my state this week.

i went to bestbuy and they would not pricematch :bomb: bundles the games. They said they only pricematch but not for bundles. I was so upset!!! Anyone know where in NYC i might be able to pricematch cuz TRU does not have the games i want.

[quote name='d3p0']Mario Kart Wii + Okami = Pre-ordered[/QUOTE]

Did the same. Thought about Boom Blox, Blast Works, Baroque, but went with these two.

Yep, definitely working online, even for Wii games less than $20. Which is just Puppy Luv ($16.99), but that puppy is soooo cute. So if you want that cute puppy, you could get Dewy's Adventure and Puppy Luv for around $20 shipped, even if you have sales tax.

NYC Times Square raised the price of Zak & Wiki to $39.99. I was in a rush, so I thought something was wrong but had to leave.

Have to go back after work and see if they will adjust the price. If not I'll just return it.

I went to about 3 or 4 CC and BB in Manhattan, NYC and no one would pricematch the games!!!! What the hell? Anyone have luck pricematching in NYC? Please tell me where!!!

Bought Zack & Wiki along with Godfather Blackhand. Don't know how I feel about Godfather, but it looked fun for $10 and I'm not big on shooters. Anything I should have gotten other than Godfather?

Took back SSBB and Zack & Wiki from last week (B1G1 50%OFF) and rebought them to get the extra $5 off.

SSBB $50
Z&W $10 (from $30)

Well, it's a no go on pre-ordering Mario Kart in store. My TRU said they weren't taking pre-orders on it yet. Meh, I think I'll skip this deal and see if they run a Mario Kart promotion when the game comes out.

[quote name='JJSP']Bought Zack & Wiki along with Godfather Blackhand. Don't know how I feel about Godfather, but it looked fun for $10 and I'm not big on shooters. Anything I should have gotten other than Godfather?[/QUOTE]

Godfather is great.

Got Zack and Wiki, and Ghost Squad for just over $40. Wanted to get RE4 instead of Ghost Squad, but the bastards had bumped the price to $35 for some stupid reason. Then I forgot to look for House of the Dead. Oh well.

For some reason, in my localish store, the little signs they have around the DS games says the deal excludes $20 DS games, even though everything else says $10 games.

I'm half tempted to head back in on Wednesday and nab a couple more games.

[quote name='MidnightMetal']It seems that the $20 Wii game or less exclusion doesn't apply. So if you get two $20 Wii games, it will take off the second Wii game, so it would come out to buy one get one free (if second title is $20 or less) This also applies to the DS game sale with the $10 off. Also this might be YMMV, worked in system in-store today.[/quote]

Sooooo,

This should mean 2 clearance 9.90 DS games should cost 9.90 total?

This worked for me as well in store. I snagged Zack & Wiki (29.99) and Elebits (19.99) and still got the $20 off.

[quote name='MidnightMetal']It seems that the $20 Wii game or less exclusion doesn't apply. So if you get two $20 Wii games, it will take off the second Wii game, so it would come out to buy one get one free (if second title is $20 or less) This also applies to the DS game sale with the $10 off. Also this might be YMMV, worked in system in-store today.[/quote]

[quote name='tito1183']I went to about 3 or 4 CC and BB in Manhattan, NYC and no one would pricematch the games!!!! What the hell? Anyone have luck pricematching in NYC? Please tell me where!!![/quote]

This isn't a price match, it's a deal match. PM they will do (but they love to find an excuse not to do it), but a deal match is really a YMMV. Like I mentioned before, one bb would NOT deal match it(the one store that had house of the dead), yet the other bb near me (which didn't have house of the dead) was totally cool with it.

My TRU had a sign saying DS games 19.99 or less are excluded from the offer, yet it went thru anyways (one was Sims 2:pets and Sonic). Sonic was dropped from 19.99 to 10 with the deal.

Got Zack and Wiki, and Ghost Squad for just over $40. Wanted to get RE4 instead of Ghost Squad, but the bastards had bumped the price to $35 for some stupid reason. Then I forgot to look for House of the Dead. Oh well.

yeah I was like, why did they bump it up $5 more? that's odd, but picked it up anyway(last copy) cause nothing else looked good along with Z+W, and it's still a great deal.

The only thing I saw that piqued my interest was Rayman Raving Rabbits. Has anyone played this? How is it?

[quote name='JJSP']Bought Zack & Wiki along with Godfather Blackhand. Don't know how I feel about Godfather, but it looked fun for $10 and I'm not big on shooters. Anything I should have gotten other than Godfather?[/quote]
The Godfather is a good game. The controls are really cool and it makes a fun game.

bread's done
Back