TRU: B1G1 40% off all 360 and PS3 games 4/16-4/24 - Updated

redphage

CAG Veteran
Updated: This sale is active until the 24th, confirmed by an TRU employee.

Found out about this deal at Toys R Us today: Buy ANY one Xbox 360 or PS3 game and get a second one 40% off. I believe its this Friday and Saturday only.

This also stacks with this week's Splinter Cell: Conviction deal and the $5 off $25 coupons for April. I ended up getting SC:C and BFBC2 for $72.42 out the door.

Receipt looks like this:

SC:C = $55.82
59.99 - 4.17 (part of the $5.00 off $25 coupon)
BFBC2 = $11.17
59.99 - 39.99 (SC:C promo)
20.00 - 8.00 (40% off)
12.00 - 0.83 (part of the $5.00 off $25 coupon)

Subtotal 66.99 + tax = 72.42

Last edited by a moderator:
i went to 2 tru after work today to try to confirm this deal and to use my reward certificates which expire soon.

i did see 1 lone sign of b1g1 40% off at a single tru. i didn't see any price limitation for the games, but it did say fri and sat only and good on ps3, xbox, (and wii? not sure) games

it is odd since i didn't see or hear any mention of this on tru website or email. i did get an email this morning advertising b1g1 50% off for 19.99 and under games and buy xbox get a 1month live card free (both offers fri/sat only), but the sign was posted out there.

anyways, it appears that games have to be a minimum price and i think its $59.99 at least. this is because i tried to buy an xbox capcom platinum hits triple pack and wii mario and sonic at the olympics (both $39.99 games) and it didn't work, so i passed. I did however, pick up splinter cell and mlb 2k10 (both $59.99 games, but splinter cell + another listed game is $20). so i thought it's probably $49.99 games and up, since most wii games are $49.99 and xbox/ps3 are 59.99

that store had only 1 dj hero for xbox and it was pretty poor condition (tape not sticking and dented corners of box), so i passed and went to another tru. i was able to find the last 2 xbox dj heroes and had them rung up together hoping to activate b1g1 40% off, but the cashier said it was 99.99 before tax. since the dj hero is on sale for 49.99 and didn't work, it must mean this only applies to 59.99 and up games, which leads me to question if i really saw the sign say "b1g1 40% off all xbox,ps3,WII! games"

Some notes:

The $5 coupon books were to be distributed at all TRU, and were to have been destroyed April 3rd if they were not all handed out by then. Finding one is not likely at this point.

The buy one get one 40% off promotion is valid on any XBox 360 or PS3 game 19.99 and up. Wii is not included. Saturday is the last day for the buy one get one 50% off 19.99 or less games. You can stack these two promotions on 19.99 Xbox 360 and PS3 games, meaning you pay 19.99 for one game and 5.99 for the second.

DJ Hero does not work on the 40% deal if you try to buy two of them; it says both promotions are connected to it if you bring up "item info" on a register, so it's a bit confusing as to why it doesn't work.

The Splinter Cell deal where you buy another select game for $20 along with it also stacks with the 40% deal, so the second game becomes only $12.

[quote name='tyler3599']I find it annoying because who cares? I had pizza rolls tonight do you care honestly I think not.[/QUOTE]

I find "pizza rolls" annoying. It forces me to make a mental picture of pizza in roll form, like a fruit roll-up, that I just can't handle. Very frustrating.

Gas prices & tax have relivancy to the deal moron ... As to abuncha morons using the word "backlog" And they make it seems as if OMG I can't fit one more game on my shelf , my shelf will collapse the world will turn into Fallen Earth. How about you just move onto the next deal and have a nice cup of stfu.

[quote name='theflicker']Yeah, good point. I'm more interested in how much you pay in sales tax and how much gas costs in your area.

Whoa, you're way ahead of me, THANKS.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']I find "pizza rolls" annoying. It forces me to make a mental picture of pizza in roll form, like a fruit roll-up, that I just can't handle. Very frustrating.[/QUOTE]

My mistake Pizza pouches. A Virgin from Virgina probably wouldn't be able to handle much , my mistake almost lead to your demise.

Hey I just went and the discounts only worked when I got Conviction along with another 360 game. I wanted to get BFBC2 for the PS3 though as the $12+ game. Would there be a way for me to exchange the BFBC2 360 for the BFBC2 PS3 version later on? Oh and can I do returns / exchanges at different stores?

The deal isn't so hot on any games over $40 and the only title I wanted in that range was GTA EfLC for PS3. Had to pass, maybe they'll have something else soon, a B2G1 would be nice for those $60 titles.

[quote name='tyler3599']You missed the point Toys R Us charges between 20-40% more , so naturally if you pay Full price for something , and then they give you 40% off , there still owning you by atleast 20-40%... The only exception is when they have a game that they feel is going to drop like a sinking ship.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Can you actually quote any examples of TrU charging "20-40% more"?

Yes, every game there is full retail, but not any more than any other store. According to your calculations (40% more) a $59.99 game would cost 83.98. I don't know about you, but I have never seen a retail game at TrU marked a penny over MSRP, unless of course you count the Time's Square TrU, which I've heard charges $64.99 for a brand new 59.99 game, which is about a 9% increase over MSRP, not 20-40. So yeah, I'm pretty sure you're talking out your ass. :rofl:

[quote name='unopepito06']Wow. Can you actually quote any examples of TrU charging "20-40% more"?

Yes, every game there is full retail, but not any more than any other store. According to your calculations (40% more) a $59.99 game would cost 83.98. I don't know about you, but I have never seen a retail game at TrU marked a penny over MSRP, unless of course you count the Time's Square TrU, which I've heard charges $64.99 for a brand new 59.99 game, which is about a 9% increase over MSRP, not 20-40. So yeah, I'm pretty sure you're talking out your ass. :rofl:[/QUOTE]
Here in HI the TRU charges $68.99 for Darksiders. Still not 20%, but it is still quite a bit more.

Either way tyler is still talking out his ass.:dunce:

[quote name='bigant262']Just to let everyone know that this sale is actually going on until the 24th.[/QUOTE]

Really? Then why are some fellow CAGs reporting Fri/Sat only? Would you care to share your source with us? :D

this sale and splinter cell combo work till the 24th? that would be great as I thought I missed it tonite... I would love to get Yakuza 3 for cheap :) I can try it out tomorrow and tell them to cancel it if i doesn't go well, thanx! n 5 off 25...that's supposed to be instore flier? cool thnx!

[quote name='htown01']Really? Then why are some fellow CAGs reporting Fri/Sat only? Would you care to share your source with us? :D[/QUOTE]

I can also confirm this runs until the 24th.

oops i thought it was any game that cheap but upon looking I think it's only these games -
Left 4 Dead 2
Assassin's Creed II
Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2
Battlefield Bad Company 2
2KSports Major League Baseball 2K10
Bioshock 2
- thanx tho!

[quote name='Velo214']this sale and splinter cell combo work till the 24th? that would be great as I thought I missed it tonite... I would love to get Yakuza 3 for cheap :) I can try it out tomorrow and tell them to cancel it if i doesn't go well, thanx! n 5 off 25...that's supposed to be instore flier? cool thnx![/QUOTE]

pretty sure splinter cell + another game on list for $20 and dj hero/tony hawk ride for $50 were sales from 4/11 - 4/17. just saw the 4/18-4/24 newspaper ad and nothing worthwhile for sale in terms of video games.

not sure if the b1g1 40% off is still going on.

[quote name='Erathaol']If anyone would like to know, California has a 8.25% Sales Tax. We get hit really hard here so any money saved is a good thing for us.[/QUOTE]I'd like to know where in California are you only getting charged 8.25% sales tax. I thought the lowest was 8.75% in this state.

I'm praying stores have some good deals in May for the releases of Lost Planet 2 and Red Dead Redemption. B1G1 50% off would suffice, but I'm looking for something extraordinary. Here's to hoping...:whistle2:\"

[quote name='robodaddyo']I'd like to know where in California are you only getting charged 8.25% sales tax. I thought the lowest was 8.75% in this state.[/QUOTE]I know in the Monterey area it's 8.25%.

Got a backlog I'm currently working on. Hmm...

Has anyone bought SC:C and another game for $20 or $12, then been able to return SC at full price? I'm a moron and bought both the regular and CE of SCC so I'll be returning the standard edition of it tomorrow.

[quote name='htown01']Really? Then why are some fellow CAGs reporting Fri/Sat only? Would you care to share your source with us? :D[/QUOTE]
I work at Toys R Us. lol. :p

shit i went and bought the CE of SC:C and was fucked when i found out that 19.99 MW2 did not apply to the CE but i still ended up getting a deal with this B1G1 40% off, thanks OP !

Me and my friend went in othe last 2 copies of DJ hero for the ps3 that the wilkes-barre tru had. Already being on sale for $49.99 and also using the 40% off the second game, we got the 2 copies for $84.78 including tax.

[quote name='GaMeReVX']I know in the Monterey area it's 8.25%.

Got a backlog I'm currently working on. Hmm...[/QUOTE]

In LA, we have the privilege of paying 9.75%.

[quote name='bigant262']Just to let everyone know that this sale is actually going on until the 24th.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

I have updated the original post.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Has anyone bought SC:C and another game for $20 or $12, then been able to return SC at full price? I'm a moron and bought both the regular and CE of SCC so I'll be returning the standard edition of it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I bought my SC:C & BC2 and returned SC within 10 min and got the full 59.99 plus tax back no questions asked.:D:bouncy:

[quote name='ceck3969']Yep, I bought my SC:C & BC2 and returned SC within 10 min and got the full 59.99 plus tax back no questions asked.:D:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Shoulda kept SC:C, its awesome.

[quote name='jiggawhat']In LA, we have the privilege of paying 9.75%.[/QUOTE]Be glad you're not paying 11.25% like in some areas up in the northern part. I wouldn't put up with that.

[quote name='ceck3969']Yep, I bought my SC:C & BC2 and returned SC within 10 min and got the full 59.99 plus tax back no questions asked.:D:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Sweet. Thanks.

[quote name='jr8rulz']i take it this is in store only? the title of thread should be updated then[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I second that. Doesn't seem to work online.

Surprisingly, Gamestop actually has a potentially better deal right now, what with 25% off any order over $100-that's just 2 full priced games, or a few cheaper ones.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yeah, I second that. Doesn't seem to work online.

Surprisingly, Gamestop actually has a potentially better deal right now, what with 25% off any order over $100-that's just 2 full priced games, or a few cheaper ones.[/QUOTE]

I think that one is dead. If this still works I'm picking up a copy of SC:C today after work!

[quote name='daruler022']I bought DJ Hero last week but haven't opened it yet. Could I return it and still get a second game for 40% off?[/QUOTE]

Call your local Toys R Us and ask them if they can price match the price on the Toys R Us website because in store it went back to 99.99 and if you would try to get an adjustment they would have to charge you full price because the game isn't on sale in stores anymore. And this sale is only on PS3 and 360 games that are 19.99 and higher.

What's the $5 coupon you're all talking about? I'm planning on using this to pick up copies of SC:C for myself and my girlfriend.

[quote name='robodaddyo']Be glad you're not paying 11.25% like in some areas up in the northern part. I wouldn't put up with that.[/QUOTE]

Damn that would suck. Ours is only 6% in PA.

[quote name='Velo214']it's only instores and some of these deals are dead. the stacking and cheap game w return died 17th.[/QUOTE]

So are you saying what this guy said doesn't apply anymore?:

Because I would totally do that. Hell, I'd even do what the OP did if that still works (Buy Splinter Cell and Battlefield for ~$73).

I just returned my Splinter Cell today for $63.59 credit; I got it with the whole buy Splinter Cell, get Left 4 Dead 2 "Free" fiasco.

Edit: Oh, I guess the buy Splinter Cell get a game for $20 died; that must've been what you were talking about on the 17th.

Oh well.

bread's done
Back