TRU B1G1 40% off, G1 free PH (360) - Glitch!

Gertle627

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
TRU has sales of B1G1 40% off on PS3/360 games, as well as a B2G1 free sale on PH/Family games. And in true TRU fashion, these sales stack.

I rang up 3 $19.99 PH games and it looked like this.

Ninja Gaiden 2 - $19.99
Fable 2 - $11.99
Halo Wars - $0.00

I believe this is my first time actually making a thread. Nothing for me, but figure it's pretty good for those who like buying new games instead of used.

edit: No additional discount is taken if 6 games are purchased at a time. They show up 2 for $20, 2 for $12 & 2 free.

edit 2: This is in store only on 360 games only. Reported to still be active as of Tuesday 6/8.

Last edited by a moderator:
No luck at my store.

They set up a cardboard stand with all of their PH/Family games. I thought I lucked out when they set Indy2 on that display, including its price tag/label, just like all the other games on that display..

Took Indy2. Star Wars complete and Sonics ultimate collection up to pay but nothing was discounted. No b2g1 (or even 40% discount). Clerk blamed it on Indy 2 not being eligible.

Probably for the best as I was really stretching just to find two games I somewhat interested in buying.

[quote name='sattlerjm']Anything worth flipping in here? Really wish it was PS3.[/QUOTE]

You do the homework this time and tell us.

[quote name='J7.']Any expiration date on the PH B2G1?[/QUOTE]

I believe it's good through Saturday. Sunday morning it should be dead. The B1G1 40% is more recent, no idea on it's timetable.

[quote name='rbarba4']No luck at my store.

They set up a cardboard stand with all of their PH/Family games. I thought I lucked out when they set Indy2 on that display, including its price tag/label, just like all the other games on that display..

Took Indy2. Star Wars complete and Sonics ultimate collection up to pay but nothing was discounted. No b2g1 (or even 40% discount). Clerk blamed it on Indy 2 not being eligible.

Probably for the best as I was really stretching just to find two games I somewhat interested in buying.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. You should have at least gotten the 40% off, it's supposed to be good on ALL games and not linked directly to the B2G1Free on PH. I'm not sure, I think the first Lego Indy may have been good for it. I think it has to be listed as a Platinum Hit title and not just at the $20 price point.

I went back yesterday and snagged two copies of Halo Wars and a Mass Effect. The B2G1 has been going for awhile (thread here is dated from mid-May for it's start), so that's why pickings may be slim.

Assassin's creed - 13.73
Gears of War - 8.25
Fable 2 - 0.00
Total/tax - 23.74

Picked mine up at the Arlington, TX TRU, which receipt printed out showing 3 promo deals, Platinum/Hit Promo, Video Game Promo, BOGO $10 Off promo.

I know the Video Game Promo = 40% with B1G, but wasn't aware of the $10 off promo till she rang it up.

Thinking of testing my luck with the same deals at some of the North Dallas TRU since they seem to have a larger selection.

I didn't know of any B1G1 $10 off either. Triple stacking promos would be awesome. I will try to stop by before closing and report back. But if anyone else has any info, please share.

So lego indy 2 doesn't qualify? That sucks. If you bought three and trade them into gazelle, you'd make about $20-$25 in profit with the glitch. oh well.

Just worked for me, but no triple stack...

Gears of War- 19.99
Halo Wars- 11.99
Ninja Gaiden II- 0.00

Plus, TRU just sent me a $20 gift card for an "inconvenience" with my last order. Don't remember there being an inconvenience, but I'll take those 3 games for 14.46 after tax!

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Are we talking about games or hamburgers now?[/QUOTE]

Haha I was just about to respond to him to see if he was at Wendys.

At least that's what it said at my local TRU. (orange county, ca)

went there after work today and picked up ninja gaiden 2, mass effect, and fable 2. double stacked, so my total was around $34. not too shabby...almost picked up bionic commando for 9.99 but thought against it for now, there were quite a few copies left.

i'm a little bummed that ninja gaiden 2 is going for 9.99 at gamestop used, but hey...for these prices, i guess it's not too bad...

looks like i have something to do until transformers:wfc comes out!

thanks op! :applause:

Weird, Lego Indy 2 has a "family games" stamp on its cover, so I thought it would qualify and in fact it's one of the games I intend to pick up at TRU with this promo tomorrow or Friday. Oh well...

[quote name='CheepGamez']TRU really needs to fire whoever is programming their cash registers. They're giving the damn store away![/QUOTE]

they could also be getting rid of a lot of filler games that generally don't sell...but I'm certainly not complaining. Full of win today. Thanks OP.

Sonic's UGC
Fable 2 (w/the DLC)
Halo Wars
----------
$33.10

[quote name='estofan']Weird, Lego Indy 2 has a "family games" stamp on its cover, so I thought it would qualify and in fact it's one of the games I intend to pick up at TRU with this promo tomorrow or Friday. Oh well...[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought as well and since they placed a bunch of copies right next to the other Lego games (Star Wars, Indy1) with a big b2g1 sales sign over the entire display, I expected it to work.

The worker tried telling me that only "Platinum Hits" games and "Family Hits" games qualified, not "Family Game" titles.

I didn't really argue much as I wasn't exactly picking up games I really wanted.

deal is not dead just got back from TRU 5 minutes ago with 3 xbox games
ninja Gaiden 2
halo wars
mass effect

total was $32 + tax for all 3

I haven't read through this thread but I saw in the title there was a glitch.

What happened to me today was I got this (this was about 10:30 this morning in Columbia, MO):

Fable 2 $19.99
Lego Star Wars Complete Saga $11.99
Lego Indy Jones 2 $.01
Mass Effect $.00
Sonic Genesis Collection $19.99
Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs $11.99

Total with tax was $68.99

Im assuming something didn't work correctly and he manually adjusted things but screwed it up? There was a sign for B2G1 on the Platinum Hits and Family Games, and also a sign for buy1get1 40% off

So I basically got both promos I guess.

From the receipt it looks like he manually changed Indy 2. It says immediate markdown $19.99-$19.98

the rest of the discounts have the video game promo for the discounts.

If you are in Columbia MO they have a really big selection of the Platinum Hits and Family Games.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lolwut?']Did the B1G1 40% end today?[/QUOTE]
I was wondering the same thing, though I'm assuming the layered promos ended yesterday. I tried to work TRU into my schedule, but was never able to make it out there.

I'm pretty sure the B1G140 ended today & Gertle says
[quote name='Gertle627']Yes, the B1G1 40% off is for ps3 & 360 games and lasts until Sat iirc.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back