TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

Ghostrain

CAGiversary!
[quote name='shrike4242']Stop with all of the trade/sell/buy requests in here, effective immediately.

Put all of those requests in here, please:[/QUOTE]
[quote name='shrike4242']
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329477
[/QUOTE]

Just went into my local TRU and spotted their PC section looking barren, and cheap too!

Found Batman Arkham City, The Sims 3 (Pets and Ambitions too), Battlefield 3, Call of Duty MW3, Starcraft II, Assassin's Creed Revelations, and RAGE all on PC for $9.98 each.

I know there's a TRU Clearance thread, but this seemed big enough to post about on its own.

I know this pic is blurry, but it's the best I could do:

m0rTC.jpg

Can get a pic of my Starcraft II receipt if you'd like too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bwrobins']Well, good and bad news... I drove 60+ miles for what a Toys R Us clerk said was "many" copies of Diablo 3 and Skyrim for you guys (I have them both already). Unfortunately, she only had Diablo Battlechest (3 games she said), and a few copies of Skyrim. So I have listed the games along with my prior copy of Starcraft 2 and Mists of the Pandaria on my Trading Thread.

I did have to increase the price of Skyrim to cover gas, but I have kept the price of Starcraft the same because I bought it at a different store.

PM me to setup a trade. Paypal (gift) only.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7134486#post7134486[/QUOTE]

Everything but World of Warcraft - Mists of Pandaria sold within 20 mins. I am happy to make 4 people happy today!

A toysrus a little out of my way says that it has Starcraft 2 in stock. I'm thinking I might make the drive and go pick up the ones they have. Everything else has been gone at the other ones I've checked.

No idea how this hasn't leaked to SD yet.

Anyways.

Manchester, CT TRU still had
3+ MW3
3+ Batman AC
3+ Sims 3 Ambitions
No copies of Starcraft 2. I bought the last copy of Diablo 3, and they had a few other games but I was on lunch so kinda had to rush.

Thanks OP and your a savior to all CAG kind.

I wouldn't have noticed where the PC games were if I hadn't asked a store rep.

Confirmed at TRU - Buckhead, GA:
-Sims 3 "Ambitions" Expansion
-Batman: Arkham City
-Rage
-Assassin's Creed Revelations
-MW3
-BF3
-Starcraft 1 Bundle
-WoW Bundle

Picked up the last few copies of MW3 for some friends & a copy of ACR for myself, all $10 each.
Multiple copies left of BF3 there if any y'all are really interested, but its a long commute there for me.
Anyways good luck all, gonna check another TRU this weekend.

I think this deal just gets around thru persona word, the store rep there said some dude stopped by earlier cuz his friend told him about it, none of the games are marked on-sale but just bring them up to the register and they ring up as $9.99...is the StarCraft 1 Bundle really a deal for $10?...

[quote name='Mikocouch']lol love how the price people are willing to pay is slowly rising from the $15.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're right.

I noticed several people bought Skyrim for $20 on the Steam trade forum (myself included). I offered to sell my MW3 for $15 and had multiple offers.

Considering its scarcity, I cannot even imagine what Diablo 3 is up to....

[quote name='Bizzquik']Yeah, you're right.

I noticed several people bought Skyrim for $20 on the Steam trade forum (myself included). I offered to sell my MW3 for $15 and had multiple offers.

Considering its scarcity, I cannot even imagine what Diablo 3 is up to....[/QUOTE]

Amazing deal is still amazing even if its not $10, $15, or even $20.

[quote name='dudejeff22']My store didn't have a single PC game. Like they didn't even carry them.[/QUOTE]

This! Mine said they got rid of them months ago.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']This! Mine said they got rid of them months ago.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you scout out the entire store. I've seen the games in the Disney movie case, with the DS games, and on random racks throughout the stores, that really don't make any sense to why they are there.

[quote name='MC Kage']I wouldn't have noticed where the PC games were if I hadn't asked a store rep.

Confirmed at TRU - Buckhead, GA:
-Sims 3 "Ambitions" Expansion
-Batman: Arkham City
-Rage
-Assassin's Creed Revelations
-MW3
-BF3
-Starcraft 1 Bundle
-WoW Bundle

Picked up the last few copies of MW3 for some friends & a copy of ACR for myself, all $10 each.
Multiple copies left of BF3 there if any y'all are really interested, but its a long commute there for me.
Anyways good luck all, gonna check another TRU this weekend.

I think this deal just gets around thru persona word, the store rep there said some dude stopped by earlier cuz his friend told him about it, none of the games are marked on-sale but just bring them up to the register and they ring up as $9.99...is the StarCraft 1 Bundle really a deal for $10?...[/QUOTE]That was me getting MW3 for my bro. CAG is my best friend in the whole wide world. Seriuosly, I usually drop that line when the cashier is shocked at a price and is wondering how I knew and they didn't. Checked another ATL area store in Duluth on Pleasant Hill which had been picked over. Had:
Rage x2 (8.98)
ACR x1
Wow Lich King x2
Wow Cataclysm

I figured TRU was getting out of PC games, but that store had the Wow Panda expansion and some Sims expansion still at full price.

I was at the Philadelphia Premium Outlet and went to the Toys R Us Outlet and got BF3 for $9.98 which came out to $11 something due to tax. I hope my PC can run it.. Can You Run It said its just above minimal.

Just hit the store at Christiana, DE. Plenty of Old Republic, couple Batmans and one Rage. Handful of WoW stuff as well.

Was hoping for some D3 but I saw no copies or even a tag. Went home empty handed.

I don't even especially want any of the games (or I own them already) but looked anyway. Nothing at the Joliet/Plainfield one (Chicago suburbs) except WoW Battlechests. They were in a bin, not on a shelf. Didn't buy any.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I don't even especially want any of the games (or I own them already) but looked anyway. Nothing at the Joliet/Plainfield one (Chicago suburbs) except WoW Battlechests. They were in a bin, not on a shelf. Didn't buy any.[/QUOTE]

Hey I already own BF3 on PS3 but I'm hoping to experience 64 players again!!!

[quote name='Syntax Error']I don't even especially want any of the games (or I own them already) but looked anyway. Nothing at the Joliet/Plainfield one (Chicago suburbs) except WoW Battlechests. They were in a bin, not on a shelf. Didn't buy any.[/QUOTE]

Actually they had some of the SIMs, and AC

They were kind of hard to find. They were laying by the door to the storage room.

Update on the TRU in Killeen, Texas:
All of their PC games are gone. So I asked the clerk if they moved them and she had no clue so I ask at the register and she said they did not have PC games even though I bought two yesterday.

[quote name='gepet0']How is WOW cataclysm? Is it worth it?[/QUOTE]
worst wow expansion (excluding pands bull$hit)
but u need it in order to get mop

[quote name='Bug42']Actually they had some of the SIMs, and AC

They were kind of hard to find. They were laying by the door to the storage room.[/QUOTE]
I was there at 5pm and didn't see but I'm willing to say I could have missed them. I already own AC and have no use for Sims so it's all good.

[quote name='headpiece747']Update on the TRU in Killeen, Texas:
All of their PC games are gone. So I asked the clerk if they moved them and she had no clue so I ask at the register and she said they did not have PC games even though I bought two yesterday.GRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAA! [/QUOTE]

image.php

Jack squat in Madison Heights, MI. I walked the area twice before noticing the utterly empty rack area. Judging from the price tags, they may never have had this deal because there was no sign of some of the more desirable titles and the few slots that were there had regular prices.

Oh well. If anyone happened to pick up an extra copy of SC2, throw a PM my way and we'll work something out.

Got it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blade3D']Looking to trade Battlefield 3, Starcraft 2, or Modern Warfare 3 for Diablo 3 or Skyrim. PM me if interested.[/QUOTE]

I would also gladly trade any other game for Diablo 3 or Skyrim + $1! Thats right your very own fresh and crispy $1. Dont flood my inbox all at once.

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']La Mesa, CA Toys R Us was bone dry. Dang.[/QUOTE]

Could have told you that, actually. Morena one has nothing good, National City had BF3 and nothing else good.

Anybody know if I can return BF3(pc version) that I just got today for a refund or credit? My pc cannot play it that well so I figured maybe I'd get Assassin's Creed Revelations instead if they have it at my local store.

bread's done
Back