TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

Ghostrain

CAGiversary!
[quote name='shrike4242']Stop with all of the trade/sell/buy requests in here, effective immediately.

Put all of those requests in here, please:[/QUOTE]
[quote name='shrike4242']
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329477
[/QUOTE]

Just went into my local TRU and spotted their PC section looking barren, and cheap too!

Found Batman Arkham City, The Sims 3 (Pets and Ambitions too), Battlefield 3, Call of Duty MW3, Starcraft II, Assassin's Creed Revelations, and RAGE all on PC for $9.98 each.

I know there's a TRU Clearance thread, but this seemed big enough to post about on its own.

I know this pic is blurry, but it's the best I could do:

m0rTC.jpg

Can get a pic of my Starcraft II receipt if you'd like too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, he did well.
The question is - what is he going to do with them?

eBay? Or sell them to fellow CAGs at a (smaller) mark-up...?

Whatever it is, dude, keep a lid on it. Lots of people - myself included - have been trying to find those games all day and still hold out hope for getting the extremely rare Diablo 3 at a decent price.

Good luck to you tomorrow. I genuinely hope you beat the unruly SD mob. :applause:

[quote name='Bizzquik']Yes, he did well.
The question is - what is he going to do with them?

eBay? Or sell them to fellow CAGs at a (smaller) mark-up...?

Whatever it is, dude, keep a lid on it. Lots of people - myself included - have been trying to find those games all day and still hold out hope for getting the extremely rare Diablo 3 at a decent price.

Good luck to you tomorrow. I genuinely hope you beat the unruly SD mob. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Looks like from the photo of his monitor, he is selling them on Amazon!

[quote name='Bioterror']Has anyone been to the bellevue WA store?[/QUOTE]

I was considering it but that toll bridge is too expensive and going around it takes too long. Gas is too damn high...lol

[quote name='shurija']Anybody check out what they have at any NYC TRU at either Times Square or Whitestone/College Point? I've been too busy with exams this week so I can't even go check them out until Friday.[/QUOTE]

Nothing at Times Square is what a friend told me.

[quote name='Mikocouch']Looks like from the photo of his monitor, he is selling them on Amazon![/QUOTE]

Yeah, this guy was already on here earlier before Shrike moved the trade discussion to the other forum. He was bragging about hoarding and flipping on Amazon.

Congratulations prmtyme. 3 whole months since you've joined and you still haven't managed to figure out why CAG is different from SD or FW. Welcome to the community, tool.

Wow! Thanks OP for this amazing find! got myself a copy of CODMW3, Battlefield 3, Assassin Creed, Batman, and SC2.

willing to trade these but got no idea what to trade for....

The asking price for D3 seems to going too high for my broke college student self. Oh well. I'm really happy with my MW3, SC2, Skyrim for $30 total.

Thanks a lot OP. Really great find.

EDIT: And thanks, Idiotekque!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KingofGames']As a college student, you probably want to avoid Diablo. Massive time sink.[/QUOTE]
Unlike Skyrim? ;) Ha ha.

[quote name='CountingBodies']Yeah, this guy was already on here earlier before Shrike moved the trade discussion to the other forum. He was bragging about hoarding and flipping on Amazon.

Congratulations prmtyme. 3 whole months since you've joined and you still haven't managed to figure out why CAG is different from SD or FW. Welcome to the community, tool.[/QUOTE]

respect knuckles, but it's not like he's the only one.

[quote name='CountingBodies']Yeah, this guy was already on here earlier before Shrike moved the trade discussion to the other forum. He was bragging about hoarding and flipping on Amazon.

Congratulations prmtyme. 3 whole months since you've joined and you still haven't managed to figure out why CAG is different from SD or FW. Welcome to the community, tool.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering where the conversation went where prmtyme was bragging about how he made an instant profit on Amazon from these sales. It's bad enough the guy went and called out people here for sharing games with other CAG members for only $15 but now I see him posting pictures of his "loot" with "more to come LOL" and its just sad really.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']
And on his caption "Toys r us and in person not ONLINE i am making my money back tenfold by selling them on Amazon"[/QUOTE]
This made me chuckle. What is wrong with these people, it's like they never made any amount of money in their lives.
I have nothing against hoarders and flippers, do what you have to do to feed the family, but bragging about this (pathetic amount of) profit margin is hilarious.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Tenfold? LOL.

Because buying something for $10 and selling it for $30-40 is "tenfold". ;)[/QUOTE]
Don't get me started on his mathematical inaccuracy...

If I happen to run across Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 tomorrow morning when they open... There goes my life.

Anyone in Daytona Beach to know if they have any stock?

[quote name='TooPoor']Don't get me started on his mathematical inaccuracy...[/QUOTE]

Let's play a quick math game. Mr. Delvalle posted his Amazon listing for the lowest price of $43 each.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...=&shipPromoFilter=0&sort=sip&sr=&startIndex=0

Im assuming it's him as it ships from PA and he's from Lancaster, PA. After fees his net earnings will be $38.20. Total profits -$10 originally invested and tax will be around ~$27.

His "tenfold" profits will be around $100. So unless I'm missing something, he may be exagerating a little.

Why have all but 1 of my post in this thread been deleted? Drabelincoln's was too. Mod's care to explian. We didn't break any rules, and weren't the one's trying to sell copies. So Mod's can freely delete post now? What rule did I break? I'd also like CheapyD's input on how other CAG's are knowingly pillaging TRU stores and then selling those copies to other CAG's (some of them openly stating that they check their local store only to be told by a sales associate that 1 guy had just cleaned them out of all copies) for a profit, most asking 200% of the original price. Is this practice not frowned upon here? So this site is to become like every other dark corner of the internet now?

I wouldn't suggest deleting this one, I've screened capped it, and I can get a message directly to CheapyD through other channels. Just want answers.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Why have all but 1 of my post in this thread been deleted? Drabelincoln's was too. Mod's care to explian. We didn't break any rules, and weren't the one's trying to sell copies. So Mod's can freely delete post now? What rule did I break?[/QUOTE]

Mine got deleted to from what it looks like i might have ruffled someones feathers LOL but i was honest at least

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Let's play a quick math game. Mr. Delvalle posted his Amazon listing for the lowest price of $43 each.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...=&shipPromoFilter=0&sort=sip&sr=&startIndex=0

Im assuming it's him as it ships from PA and he's from Lancaster, PA. After fees his net earnings will be $38.20. Total profits -$10 originally invested and tax will be around ~$27.

His "tenfold" profits will be around $100. So unless I'm missing something, he may be exagerating a little.[/QUOTE]

Yes a hundred and four dollars for all 3 games sold after amazon takes there cut so i make 70 bucks basically.... not tenfold.....I am trying to supply my gaming fund so is it wrong to sell to other people (NOT CAG members mind you) for a profit?! and yes i will be hitting up another TRU sorry but i must do what I must do

[quote name='prmtyme']Yes a hundred and four dollars for all 3 games sold after amazon takes there cut so i make 70 bucks basically.... not tenfold.....I am trying to supply my gaming fund so is it wrong to sell to other people (NOT CAG members mind you) for a profit?! and yes i will be hitting up another TRU sorry but i must do what I must do[/QUOTE]
No, not at all. It's a major achievement, you should be ecstatic and brag about it.

[quote name='TooPoor']No, not at all. It's a major achievement, you should be ecstatic and brag about it.[/QUOTE]

nobody is bragging; i think you guys are mad because i am not selling them for dirt cheap to you guys...mind you my GF had to waste time getting these (an hour) and gas and i am hardly making a profit so yeah

[quote name='prmtyme']i am making my money back tenfold[/QUOTE]
[quote name='prmtyme']i am hardly making a profit so yeah[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:k

[quote name='prmtyme']nobody is bragging; i think you guys are mad because i am not selling them for dirt cheap to you guys...mind you my GF had to waste time getting these (an hour) and gas and i am hardly making a profit so yeah[/QUOTE]
Nobody is mad that you are not selling to CAGs. And nobody is mad at you for any reason.

You spent an entire hour driving around, with your loved one, hoarding all the games, selling for mere $70 profit, claiming a 10x margin and posting the hoarding results here and state that you are doing it again tomorrow. We find it amusing.

[quote name='prmtyme']I hit the motherload!!![/QUOTE]
This is not bragging you say. So math AND English is not really your strong suit?

[quote name='TooPoor']Nobody is mad that you are not selling to CAGs. And nobody is mad at you for any reason.

You spent an entire hour driving around, with your loved one, hoarding all the games, selling for mere $70 profit, claiming a 10x margin and posting the hoarding results here and state that you are doing it again tomorrow. We find it amusing.

This is not bragging you say. So math AND English is not really your strong suit?[/QUOTE]

English actually isn't my first language but i speak it well. As for the math yeah I am not good at math and I just figured out what tenfold is and NO I won't be making 100 dollars of each one only an idiot would pay that much. Also when did you become my personal teacher.....:cool:

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Wow this kid can afford personal violinists with all the money he made...[/QUOTE]

Your name speak volumes of your character...cheap yeah I bet you are mad at me since I am not selling them cheap right ...OH no the world is going to end! I don't know why you people attacking are me for........internet bullies .....and I am done:whistle2:#

I wish you weren't done because I wanted to add that your wife/girlfriend/sister(hey I'm not judging) is fat. That is all.

[quote name='prmtyme']Your name speak volumes of your character...cheap yeah I bet you are mad at me since I am not selling them cheap right ...OH no the world is going to end! I don't know why you people attacking are me for........internet bullies .....and I am done:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I've never considered being cheap a character flaw. I'm only angry the glass won't go away no matter how much I lick.

Also, has anyone found a copy of Land of the Dead PC in any of their TRU?

[quote name='Umair56']I wish you weren't done because I wanted to add that your wife/girlfriend/sister(hey I'm not judging) is fat. That is all.[/QUOTE]

wtf, grow the fuck up. His lady doesn't have anything to do with him being a retard and bragging about stupid shit.

[quote name='Mikocouch']wtf, grow the fuck up. His lady doesn't have anything to do with him being a retard and bragging about stupid shit.[/QUOTE]
Yes, because he was totally serious about that "insult". :roll:

Yeah this doesn't belong here, talking shit about him won't really do much.

I'm sure many people are doing exactly what he's doing, from this site or elsewhere.
regardless he shouldn't be posting pics or bragging here either, there's a forum just for that, you can post your pickups and prices and everything there, or go elsewhere. just not the right place. end of discussion:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19

[quote name='CountingBodies']

QFE.

I graduated college, had to move home, have no job and do not have money to go to Grad school right now.

Yet I picked up multiple extra copies of SC2 after driving around for a couple hours with time to spare today and am asking $16 each on CAG to basically cover tax and gas and so I end with like a $3 profit on each one.

We all have hard times with money yet this is a community that helps each other, if you want to hoard and try to make massive profits go somewhere else and DO NOT bother telling us about it.

[quote name='BrolyB593']QFE.

I graduated college, had to move home, have no job and do not have money to go to Grad school right now.

Yet I picked up multiple extra copies of SC2 after driving around for a couple hours with time to spare today and am asking $16 each on CAG to basically cover tax and gas and so I end with like a $3 profit on each one.

We all have hard times with money yet this is a community that helps each other, if you want to hoard and try to make massive profits go somewhere else and DO NOT bother telling us about it.[/QUOTE]

I was only going to be a buyer for $15 but thought what the hell, a dollar won't kill me, he got back to me within 5 minutes with my key. Activated and ready to go

[quote name='Meeza']I was only going to be a buyer for $15 but thought what the hell, a dollar won't kill me, he got back to me within 5 minutes with my key. Activated and ready to go

Wow, things got out of hand quickly. I might have seen a trident thrown around somewhere actually.

@prmtyme really if you are gonna hoard and flip a bunch of copies of a game its probably wiser to keep it to yourself. Most of the people who actively post on here are generally willing to help each other out when possible, this may not be the case with you, but you should realize you'll get no support for your flipping stories around here. Telling your flip story will just piss off the people who cant get in on the deal because of other hoarders. And seriously, you been a member here since July, why are you making enemies already?

@Broly and Meeza as for the job search issue, Im also going through the same thing. I graduate from an HVAC/R program this week and ts freakin hard as hell to find jobs (I currently have one I hate, and have been searching for over a month for a new one), everyone wants field experience, but how am I gonna get field experience without a job in the field?

I wonder if I should return Sims 3 Ambitions and or MW3? The only reason why I would keep MW3 is because I read there is a star wars mod out there for it. Does Batman AC PC even allow you to play as catwoman ?

bread's done
Back