TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

Ghostrain

CAGiversary!
[quote name='shrike4242']Stop with all of the trade/sell/buy requests in here, effective immediately.

Put all of those requests in here, please:[/QUOTE]
[quote name='shrike4242']
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329477
[/QUOTE]

Just went into my local TRU and spotted their PC section looking barren, and cheap too!

Found Batman Arkham City, The Sims 3 (Pets and Ambitions too), Battlefield 3, Call of Duty MW3, Starcraft II, Assassin's Creed Revelations, and RAGE all on PC for $9.98 each.

I know there's a TRU Clearance thread, but this seemed big enough to post about on its own.

I know this pic is blurry, but it's the best I could do:

m0rTC.jpg

Can get a pic of my Starcraft II receipt if you'd like too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='V878']Went to Best Buy to get Diablo 3 PM'd as well. The guy at Customer Service checked TRU.com and then took a good 10 minutes to confirm with a bunch of other employees in the vicinity whether they could PM it (understandable considering how much cheaper it was). Anyways, they eventually gave the OK so I was happy with the results. :)[/QUOTE]

See!!! That's BS. If you don't know check with your manager. I had a couple folks want to tell it to nobodies. Look get authorization or don't. We don't need a audience.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Wow, why is star craft 2 and D3 being hoarded the most? Hey I am happy I got B:AC and Sims 3 Pets for ten :p.[/QUOTE]

They're not, it's probably Skyrim and D3 that are. SC2 & MW3 are actually pretty scarce since they're not on the website, while the rest of the games are still somewhat attainable at TRU (AC:R, Batman, BF3) and weren't that great of deals to begin with.

Got skyrim and diablo pm at bestbuy and ended up finding a battlefield 3 at tru. Still have not found starcraft 2 and thats the one I want the most.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Wow, why is star craft 2 and D3 being hoarded the most?[/QUOTE]

C'mon...when do you ever see Blizzard games that cheap at $10?

Off topic, but anyone have any work arounds for the Diablo 3 installation problem? I've been installing for nearly an hour and it's only at 0.8%. I am searching for fixes but all I get are solutions that are dated back to May and none of them work. I kind of regret D3 for $10 now, I thought they fixed this a long time ago...

Edit: and now I'm suddenly at 54%. Great.
Edit2: Played through the first few quests, everything looks good.

[quote name='ic dedpeeps']Damn you! You lucky little..... I am set on StarcraftII for $10.[/QUOTE]

Is this still on the website? It doesn't exist with a search.

What a ride

Got denied for PM at first best buy I went to because they called both TRU stores and they were of course out of stock, the second best buy was closed because of power outage, then I headed over to my Best Buy near my house on the way home....

I just tried Diablo 3 first to see if they would do it with just one game and I thought I was screwed when they said they had to call to see if it was in stock, but for whatever reason TRu told them it was in stock so she price matched it...:)

After she did that I asked them if they had skyrim in stock as it was on sale too and they said yes so I went over and grabbwed a copy and the PMed that without calling

So third times the charm I guess, got Both Skyrim and Diablo 3 for 10 and some change each, downloading both now...

Very Nice deal, If I had any suggestions it would be keep trying as its a dice game of luck

the second TRU I went to in national city, ca has 2 MW3, 2 BF3, 1 AC:R, 2 WoW chests, 2 Starcraft 1 chests and some Sim stuff.

Guy at the gaming area didn't know they were $10 and took a mw3 for himself. I figured the best buy nearby wouldnt pm diablo 3 since it wasnt in stock, and they didnt. Got my bf3 atleast so I'm still happy

Thanks OP

[quote name='MC Kage']Wow I got unlucky as fuck. Pissed as hell. Went to Best Buy and asked if they price match, they were like yeah. So I showed them D3 & Skyrim on my phone for $10 on the website and the dude was like alright let me check myself on the computer. Sure enough it said $9.98 and he called over THREE guys to look at it and they couldn't believe it, preceded to call over the store manager, then they all got together and apparently called the head of Best Buy for GA and they were like "No-go, they're buying straight from the manufacturer" some bullshit like that. They made a huge deal of it. I didn't even bother arguing after they said no-go I was mad disappointed. Went to Wal-mart and they were just like no PM online at all.

Maybe someone could help me out... :cry: just wanted Skyrim & D3 honestly.[/QUOTE]

I just got back from Walmart where I did exactly that and picked up both. Asked if they price match TRU, sales clerk said yes, was shocked at the prices (he was cool though, seemed interested in D3 himself), got the manager to come override. She was not amused. Looked at the screen for a few seconds, sighed, asked if this was online or in-store. I pointed out that it was either, as noted on the website. She sighed again and rang it up. Male clerk who started the transaction was obviously super excited and we chatted about it a little more after the manager left.

Would anyone be interested in trading for a copy of BF3 or Assassin's Creed? All I had in my area. They were marked full price but I'm sure clearanced. They had some other stuff marked at $10 too so maybe they forgot to update prices or something. I'm interested in MW3 and Skyrim.

for those that were able to PM... did BB say anything about the game being out of stock for shipping? does that matter for a price match?

im asking coz im bringing print outs of the website to BB since i dont have a smart phone to show it. (yeah i know... im years late with the smart phone craziness... i will finally jump in the bandwagon next week)

Any word on if Starcraft is still viewable on tru.com? I'm going to my local BB in a few to PM Diablo 3, would love SC2 as well.

Well, no dice on Skyrim. I stopped at a different Walmart on my way home from taking my daughter to her grandparents and chose incorrectly with cashiers. The line I picked had a girl working that looked pretty green and would have mostly called over a CSM, and right when I was next in line, she got pulled and replaced with Patty Mc Hardass, who quickly put the kibosh on that, saying that a printed ad is needed (despite Walmart policy stating otherwise). I didn't bother countering her and said, "nevermind" and left.

I then stopped at BB and was going to take the game to the gaming register, but some new manager (who I had never seen before) was working it and he just oozed rejection. There were other managers working that I knew, so I headed to the front checkout and got to newer guys, and they started putting it through, but needed a manager override. And, of all of the people to come over, of all the people there that know me, who do you think was the first to respond? Yeah, the new guy, and I was right about how I read him. A total dipshit that didn't even check into it. He saw the price and turned me down.

So, that's my tale. I would go back to the Walmart right across the street, but I doubt they got anymore Skyrim in stock since last night's victory.

I still may send the fiance over to BB tomorrow and work her magic. And no, I'm not sharing pictures. ;)

[quote name='thebert']These are the CAG moments I live for! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Seconded! The amazing digital download deals we've been getting lately are certainly terrific, but there's definitely something to be said about the thrill of the hunt. I know it can be a downer to try a bunch of locations in vain, whether for the original deal or the PM, but that just makes the successes that much more worth it.

For my own part, I was able to get MW3 & BF3 at TRU, trade BF3 & $15 to another CAG for SC2 & D3, and today I was able to PM Skyrim at the BB in Cambridgeside Galleria. All told, $45+tax for 4 major titles and I couldn't be happier.

At BB, the TRU Skyrim page worked in my favor because just as the manager started to grumble and ask if it was an online-only deal, he saw that it was listed as not available online and available in store only. Done deal. For anyone that wants to take a stab at it, they had several copies of Skyrim and Diablo 3 still available at lunch.

Great thread, great deals, and good luck to everyone.

Scored Diablo III at Best Buy earlier. :D The lady didn't even question PM it, I think she was just in a hurry because the line was backing up.
DSCN279488888888888888.jpg

[quote name='sp00ge']And no, I'm not sharing pictures. ;)[/QUOTE]

It's the least you could do for all the hapless souls who have missed out on this deal. Come on, it would be like the girls painted on the WWII bombers. Do your part, pick up the spirits of these downtrodden CAG's.

Walmart: Used my receipt for the Skyrim purchase at TRU to price match. Gave the copy of the one I picked up at TRU to a fellow friend who recently built his rig/upcoming bday. This place is so YMMV.

Bestbuy: Pricematch for D3 since I could not find any at TRU using website.

Thanks for the heads up on the price matching works wonder.

I was turned down at two Best Buys and a Wal-Mart when trying to price match Diablo III. Oh well. Congrats to everyone who was able to get it!

Just a quick first impression on Skyrim running on my computer. It actually seems to run pretty well in case anyone was wondering if they would be able to run it. I'm actually playing it on my Mid 2010 Macbook Pro (Bootcamp Partition) and the thing only took up 6GB. I have a Nvidia 330M Graphics Card and a Dual Core i7 2.66gHz processor. Was actually expecting it to run A LOT worse. I'm having no problems at medium-high graphic settings.

[quote name='garrett007']Got skyrim and diablo pm at bestbuy and ended up finding a battlefield 3 at tru. Still have not found starcraft 2 and thats the one I want the most.[/QUOTE]

Really how did you manage that I am going to call right now and ask if they will price match if so i am buying all the diablo 3's at best buy

[quote name='Finishoff']Walmart: Used my receipt for the Skyrim purchase at TRU to price match. Gave the copy of the one I picked up at TRU to a fellow friend who recently built his rig/upcoming bday. This place is so YMMV.

Bestbuy: Pricematch for D3 since I could not find any at TRU using website.

Thanks for the heads up on the price matching works wonder.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing! I actually got my copy from an awesome CAG who only had me pay what he paid. I love this community (at times more than others) ^_^

[quote name='prmtyme']Really how did you manage that I am going to call right now and ask if they will price match if so i am buying all the diablo 3's at best buy[/QUOTE]

Don't bother calling. Your best bet is just to in the store and bring up the TRU page on your smart phone. If you call and they say they will price match, you run the risk of driving down there and getting another employee to ring you up who won't price match you. If you call and they say they won't price match, you won't leave the house when in actuality if you did go down to the store, the employee who would have rang you up would have price matched you.

[quote name='Gaming Is Life']Scored Diablo III at Best Buy earlier. :D The lady didn't even question PM it, I think she was just in a hurry because the line was backing up.
DSCN279488888888888888.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I'm really hoping for this deal to last atleast until next week, my aunt is going to the US on Tuesday so she may be able to get a pricematch with this. Thank you so much for this pic.

[quote name='Link2999']Don't bother calling. Your best bet is just to in the store and bring up the TRU page on your smart phone. If you call and they say they will price match, you run the risk of driving down there and getting another employee to ring you up who won't price match you. If you call and they say they won't price match, you won't leave the house when in actuality if you did go down to the store, the employee who would have rang you up would have price matched you.[/QUOTE]

But how would they price match Diablo 3 if I can't find my receipt (searching for it as we speak) would showing them the other PC games on TRU suffice?!

[quote name='prmtyme']But how would they price match Diablo 3 if I can't find my receipt (searching for it as we speak) would showing them the other PC games on TRU suffice?![/QUOTE]

I would be very surprised if anyone is going to let you PM multiple copies of it. At best they will let you PM 1 copy. So make sure you take your GF and her family and yours so you each go in and PM separately.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I would be very surprised if anyone is going to let you PM multiple copies of it. At best they will let you PM 1 copy. So make sure you take your GF and her family and yours so you each go in and PM separately.[/QUOTE]

I get two copies that is enough they might let me get 4 thats all i want i wasn't going to buy their whole inventory I am broke right now

[quote name='darkjedi187']What are you guy using to price match at bb?[/QUOTE]

I just told them and they looked it up on TRUs site themselves

[quote name='prmtyme']But how would they price match Diablo 3 if I can't find my receipt (searching for it as we speak) would showing them the other PC games on TRU suffice?![/QUOTE]

If you get a ton of copies PLEASE POST A PICK...

I would love to see that shit storm

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I would be very surprised if anyone is going to let you PM multiple copies of it. At best they will let you PM 1 copy. So make sure you take your GF and her family and yours so you each go in and PM separately.[/QUOTE]

Don't help prmtyme.

He is a dbag hoarder. He already cleaned out all the TRUs in his area and bragged about selling em on Amazon. There was a facebook link at the start of him bragging.

He will just take games away from CAGs.

[quote name='georgebot84']Don't help prmtyme.

He is a dbag hoarder. He already cleaned out all the TRUs in his area and bragged about selling em on Amazon. There was a facebook link at the start of him bragging.

He will just take games away from CAGs.[/QUOTE]

I know. I was being sarcastic.

Cleaning out?! I got two diablo 3's and one skyrim lol how is that cleaning out?! I will get my way nonetheless and anyone hating on my .....can go to hell

[quote name='Lord Hamm']I just told them and they looked it up on TRUs site themselves

If you get a ton of copies PLEASE POST A PICK...

I would love to see that shit storm[/QUOTE]

I will post a picture LOL All the CAG haters will come in full force ....I might as well say i am from slick deals = )

No duh; It was there or fat wallet. It clearly shows. You'd make a great CAG lurker though.

At best your in training tag should stick for a while.

[quote name='Xerxes']No duh; It was there or fat wallet. It clearly shows. You'd make a great CAG lurker though.

At best your in training tag should stick for a while.[/QUOTE]

It should then I can get Assholes like you off my back......

[quote name='Romeo']Any word on if Starcraft is still viewable on tru.com? I'm going to my local BB in a few to PM Diablo 3, would love SC2 as well.[/QUOTE]

I ordered the SC Warchest and SC2. Price was $49.?? enough to get free shipping. The order is confirmed and it says instock but it's not shipped yet. So... I wait.

I was just thinking it would be funny in B&M TRU says nope, price is $39.99 in our system come next when the game hopefully arrives. But this seems more like a clearance than a one week madness sales. More TRU stores are bone dry on PC games, and this is making them dryer.

Either they gave me $30 back or take the game back. Someone said it'll be in the form of a gift card but hopefully the week after next, TRU's traditional B2G1 sale starts.

Just stopped by the TRU in Times Square, they had only 2 copies of BF3 left and a bunch of Batman AC, Sims 3 & AC Revelations.

[quote name='Gaming Is Life']Scored Diablo III at Best Buy earlier. :D The lady didn't even question PM it, I think she was just in a hurry because the line was backing up.

GIANT PIC BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE SPOILER TAGS!!

[/QUOTE]

Dude, you do know your RZ ID, store ticket information is clearly shown right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaming Is Life
Scored Diablo III at Best Buy earlier. :D The lady didn't even question PM it, I think she was just in a hurry because the line was backing up.

GIANT PIC BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE SPOILER TAGS!!

Dude, you do know your RZ ID, store ticket information is clearly shown right?

yes, but you would still need a password to get into my accounts

[quote name='ITDEFX']Dude, you do know your RZ ID, store ticket information is clearly shown right?[/QUOTE]

And what can be done with that? Always imagined that to be pretty harmless. o_O

[quote name='prmtyme']It should then I can get Assholes like you off my back......[/QUOTE]
why is anyone helping this douche bag?

No issue price matching at BB. The guy at the gaming kiosk looked up the TRU website and matched it instantly. He was shocked at the low price.

So I picked up a total of 12 copies of Diablo 3 for me and my bro. Thanks OP!

Actually it was 2 copies :lol:

And another asshole comes through ...no one is helping me idiot plus I already found out how to do it again and to anyone wondering. Go to TRU online and Print out the diablo 3 or skyrim page from online then go to best buy in person and PM. Your welcome ....yeah i am a douche bag smh LOL

[quote name='Gixxer']No issue price matching at BB. The guy at the gaming kiosk looked up the TRU website and matched it instantly. He was shocked at the low price.

So I picked up a total of 12 copies of Diablo 3 for me and my bro. Thanks OP!

Actually it was 2 copies :lol:
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clarifying I will be heading there tomorrow I already printed out the online low price

bread's done
Back