TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

Ghostrain

CAGiversary!
[quote name='shrike4242']Stop with all of the trade/sell/buy requests in here, effective immediately.

Put all of those requests in here, please:[/QUOTE]
[quote name='shrike4242']
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329477
[/QUOTE]

Just went into my local TRU and spotted their PC section looking barren, and cheap too!

Found Batman Arkham City, The Sims 3 (Pets and Ambitions too), Battlefield 3, Call of Duty MW3, Starcraft II, Assassin's Creed Revelations, and RAGE all on PC for $9.98 each.

I know there's a TRU Clearance thread, but this seemed big enough to post about on its own.

I know this pic is blurry, but it's the best I could do:

m0rTC.jpg

Can get a pic of my Starcraft II receipt if you'd like too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='prmtyme']And another asshole comes through ...no one is helping me idiot plus I already found out how to do it again and to anyone wondering. Go to TRU online and Print out the diablo 3 or skyrim page from online then go to best buy in person and PM. Your welcome ....yeah i am a douche bag smh LOL[/QUOTE]

Wait, so I need a printer? And how do you print the low price? Is there a button for that? Or App?

Augh. Called bb and they said they would price match D3 When I got there the same guy said no dice as they got an email from corp saying it was a screw up on TRU's website. Not happy I went and found a manager, he also said he would price match if he checks their webpage. 30 seconds later he returns and says sorry we called TRU and they no longer have it instock. I just cannot win, can anyone help me out?

O wow. These prices are ridiculously mindblowing o_O Anyone who has such a shop nearby and already got the games needed for him willing to help me out with a few titles? :| I will be perfectly fine with the serial key and paypal money in return! I have perfect Steam reputation on my profile too, if anyone would be scared of doing such an exchange.

Fingers crossed on that one, if someone is willing to do this, just PM me! Thank you :)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Wait, so I need a printer? And how do you print the low price? Is there a button for that? Or App?[/QUOTE]

Sweet, tomorrow morning I find a BB with some copies of Skyrim in stock and I find one that price matches... Thanks!

I also got BB to price match. They're supposed to check to make sure its in stock nearby before granting the price match, but with like 13 stores within 25 miles of BB, it would be totally impractical for them to do so. If you only have one or two TRUs nearby YMMV.

Just got turned down by two BB, a Walmart and a Target. One BB told me that since there were no local stores that had it in stock they couldnt PM, the other said there was no proof this wasnt a deal of the day or online only. Walmart were plain idiots, said they need a circular and Target the same. Was worth a shot i guess.

[quote name='Shimrra']Just stopped by the TRU in Times Square, they had only 2 copies of BF3 left and a bunch of Batman AC, Sims 3 & AC Revelations.[/QUOTE]

Did they have any Diablo 3 or Starcraft 2?

[quote name='Aerc']So I tried again at Wal-mart and Target. Again denied. I've been dying to play Skyrim :([/QUOTE]

I can tell you from experience it is hell to get Walmart to price match anything. They both do not PM online ads online printed ads that are still valid. I tried PMing at Walmart during the Best buy big video game sale and even though the ad was legit it took them 30 minutes to give me my game. Why you ask?! They said that since the game was being sold for 5 dollars (Metroid other M) and they sell it for 49.99 they had to make sure it was legit. SMH I had the ad and everything I think they just didn't want me to have it

Turned down at BB for d3. I did get the borderlands 2 claptrap standee though! They were going to trash it and the cool kid that knows me told me I could have it.

Just picked up Rage, MW3, AC: Revelations for $10 each. As a side note, my TRU had copies of Dishonored out to purchase for both 360 and PS3 0_0

I tried a PM at Wal Mart tonight. I had $95 worth of other shit I needed to buy and figured that was my best chance. The cashier didn't have an issue, entered it in, and it required some sort of override. The guy who came over was like "well this is an online price only." And I noted that it showed the price was also in the store. He called his manager and she denied the PM. Ah well. I'll maybe shoot a polite email off to corporate and see if there's anything they can do. If not, it's not the end of the world.

Got a copy of Skyrim for $10. Thanks a bunch for the headsup. They had one copy of AC Revelations and Rage left as well. The guy working in the department was shocked at the low price.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Best Buy price-match.
I went right in with a printout from the ToysRUs website with the $10 price (thanks for the link, too) then Best Buy went online and saw that the price was legit, and I walked off with Skyrim and Diablo 3 five minutes after I came in.
(Best Buy in Kennewick, WA)

I already bought Skyrim from a fellow CAG earlier in the week (with a markup) so of course I'll return the favor myself - the big draw for me was getting Diablo 3! Thanks!!

Got a PM from a BB in Tucson for Skyrim and D3 with no issue. I was trembling as I brought that to the counter though wondering if they would bite.

Since everyone said they pulled it up on their computer to check anyway I didn't bother to pull it up on my phone. Asked game counter clerk if they price matched TRU, said yes, what do you have? I showed him the games and told him 9.98 each. He was like uh...That's a good deal, let me double check. Super walked over and he asked if he confirmed the price and if it wasn't online only, go for it. Paid, talked to them about rigs for a minute, and they both thanked me for letting them know about the sweet deals so they could buy stuff for themselves, hah, and left totally juiced up. Think I'll go back before they close for another D3 and Diablo battlechest actually.

Went today to get Batman AC. So in total this brings me to StarCraft II, Diablo III, Call of Duty MW3, Battlefield 3 and Batman AC all for $50. Not too bad.

[quote name='Shimrra']None :cry::cry::cry:[/QUOTE]

Aww. I went in the other day looking for Skyrim (of course sold out) but they still had Diablo 3 I think. So they sold out of that too in the meantime huh. Wanted to grab em for some friends.

My TRU was pretty much cleaned out. Grabbed the last BF3 and Batman AC. There was an AC Revelations and a few Sims 3 expansion packs, like 3 SC battle chests, and some Star Wars game with bounty hunters (Boba Fett look alikes) on it in jewel cases. The TRU I went to was the Downers Grove, IL one. A little off topic, but I picked up a Claptrap figure which I was looking for a while, lol.

[quote name='silico']Got a PM from a BB in Tucson for Skyrim and D3 with no issue. I was trembling as I brought that to the counter though wondering if they would bite.

Since everyone said they pulled it up on their computer to check anyway I didn't bother to pull it up on my phone. Asked game counter clerk if they price matched TRU, said yes, what do you have? I showed him the games and told him 9.98 each. He was like uh...That's a good deal, let me double check. Super walked over and he asked if he confirmed the price and if it wasn't online only, go for it. Paid, talked to them about rigs for a minute, and they both thanked me for letting them know about the sweet deals so they could buy stuff for themselves, hah, and left totally juiced up. Think I'll go back before they close for another D3 and Diablo battlechest actually.[/QUOTE]

Which one in Tucson?

Broadway one gave me flack about checking stock, Wetmore was closed because of power outage and Oro valley finally did it for me because TRU on Oracle said they had stock in(Dont know why, they didnt)

Got Best Buy to PM Diablo 3 and the Battlechest, so now I don't have to open that LE I picked up if I just want to play the game. Has anyone had any luck at all price-matching Starcraft 2? I have a copy, but it used to be my brother's so his name is tied to the account. Would like to pick one up for myself if at all possible.

Also, not related at all to the PC clearance, but my Toys R Us had the white Classic Controller Pro's for the Wii on clearance for $10.98. Not the greatest savings in the world, but it's the cheapest I've seen for one other than when the Goldeneye bundle was clearanced. Since I'm guessing my Gamecube controllers won't work with the Wii-U whenever I get one, it's a cheaper alternative if you want to wait for the Wii-U Pro controllers to go on sale.

Picked up Skyrim and Diablo 3 (last one, they had to look in the back, all they had out were digital copies) PM with no problems; would've picked up StarCraft II, but didn't have a way to prove the price.

[quote name='Xerxes']Bummer dude.

What kind of brand new ass store manager says he needs to call the regional manager about a price matching? That's some shit to lose your position too. That not reading your emails your damn self. :p

BB system does not have TRU in it when it comes to. I don't know why when it has a bunch of other lesser brand stores in there. But to me this is the proper way to stop a pricematch. Not "let me call they store." They have to have it in stock in really annoying. I think nexrt time I'll play the "shit, let me go rain check bitch with them, later." Maybe I'll catch a real salesmen.[/QUOTE]

Lol yeah I was heated.

[quote name='mknlb50']Try the other stores. The first one I went to, the manager said the same thing. The second one was smooth sailing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I'd try that but this was the closest BB near me. I might go out of my way to try another since I've be at this for a few days. Apparently the BB that denied me has horrible reviews anyways. Assholes aha...I'm just gonna bring the games with me and then PM. Going back to the one I got denied at would be weird tho I might make a scene lol.

To those getting fucked over at Best Buy & Wal-Mart I feel your pain. I want to try Target but I highly doubt it. Sigh.

[quote name='exopuppy']I just got back from Walmart where I did exactly that and picked up both. Asked if they price match TRU, sales clerk said yes, was shocked at the prices (he was cool though, seemed interested in D3 himself), got the manager to come override. She was not amused. Looked at the screen for a few seconds, sighed, asked if this was online or in-store. I pointed out that it was either, as noted on the website. She sighed again and rang it up. Male clerk who started the transaction was obviously super excited and we chatted about it a little more after the manager left.[/QUOTE]

Alright I need to specifically say "Do y'all price match Toys'r'us" cuz at Wal-Mart they was jus like "No online PM!!" lol

[quote name='MC Kage']Alright I need to specifically say "Do y'all price match Toys'r'us" cuz at Wal-Mart they was jus like "No online PM!!" lol[/QUOTE]

Same. I tried customer service and the guy was very serious about not price matching things without an advertisement. He even called the manager. I had gone in the night before and tried to PM and it was the same manager the second time. I tried doing it at the electronics register and was told no again. He then said he would call the manager and I said never mind since she already said no to me twice.

Target was a no go twice. I was thinking of trying Best Buy, but I can't make it out there till Tuesday and I doubt I'll be able to PM by then.

[quote name='Aerc']Same. I tried customer service and the guy was very serious about not price matching things without an advertisement. He even called the manager. I had gone in the night before and tried to PM and it was the same manager the second time. I tried doing it at the electronics register and was told no again. He then said he would call the manager and I said never mind since she already said no to me twice.

Target was a no go twice. I was thinking of trying Best Buy, but I can't make it out there till Tuesday and I doubt I'll be able to PM by then.[/QUOTE]

TY at least someone feels my frustration haha. If only we was runnin' into more lenient folks. Hope it works out for you at BB man that's prolly your best bet, at least they consider it (even tho it can be BS). Wal-Mart/Target seem to be more stringent.

Im so unlucky that i am out station now..

Missed this TRU deal as i will only return after 2 weeks. If anyone can help me to grab few games that i want i have no problem to pay a little bit more for your help and time.
Pls Pm me.

Need:
Diablo 3
Starcraft 2
Skyrim
COD Modern Warfare 3

No go with walmart, the manager/supervisor did not honor it because the price difference is too much.

So, I went to BB and they PM it without problems.

[quote name='jw430']No go with walmart, the manager/supervisor did not honor it because the price difference is too much.

So, I went to BB and they PM it without problems.[/QUOTE]

Specifics? You just show them the online page?...

God I hate my BB lol.

Checked out the Amherst, Ny location with my girl. Slim pickings indeed. They only had a few copies of Batman, Wow: Cataclysm, and some Sims 3 expansion. I'm never checking the other location on Transit. Too damn far for me... Enjoy the hunt while you can!

By the way. I asked the cashier it they had any other PC games in the back or anything. She informed that Target has more PC games down the street, lol.

[quote name='MC Kage']Specifics? You just show them the online page?...

God I hate my BB lol.[/QUOTE]

For walmart, i didn't have print out with me. They called TRU, but they didn't honor the price.

For bestbuy, I showed them the online AD.

My TRU had a few games in stock, but I didn't pick any up - already own them on PC and PS3:

Modern Warfare 3
Battlefield 3
AC:R
Batman: AC

[quote name='mrwogs2']My TRU had a few games in stock, but I didn't pick any up - already own them on PC and PS3:

Modern Warfare 3
Battlefield 3
AC:R
Batman: AC[/QUOTE]

Don't suppose you could write down which TRU is yours.? So other CAGers know which one still has games.

[quote name='ferris182']Is Starcraft II sold out?

It doesn't appear on the website. (I was going to try to PM at Best Buy)[/QUOTE]
You have to look it up as Starcraft ii, not numerical but two ii, I just checked and the game is back on stock on toysrus.com

Success. Went to my toy r us and got BF3 for 10 and went to BB next door and got Diablo 3 price matched for 10 bucks. Salinas,CA

On a Side note. The employee I talked to at Toys r us was putting out Dishonored for PS3 early ( since it comes out Oct 9th), so if anyone wants that it fair game.

[quote name='mrwogs2']South Bend, IN[/QUOTE]
Wait, do you mean Mishawaka? Cause I was just there an hour ago and there was nothing.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']You have to look it up as Starcraft ii, not numerical but two ii, I just checked and the game is back on stock on toysrus.com[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I tried 17 different ways last night, even just 'starcraft' and nothing worked. Went to BB and got Diablo 3, they refused to do Starcraft 2 because it didn't exist online. They even google'd "toys r us starcraft 2" and it has a page that doesn't load.

I'm looking for MW3 and Skyrim, if you can pick up extra copies at your local store (or PM Best Buy) please send me a PM and we can work something out.. Spoiler alert, I'm a broke college student.. But if there's anyone out there willing to help out a fellow CAG, drop me a PM! :)

bread's done
Back