TRU - Buy 2 Games for $60 (Includes Gears 3 Epic Edition)

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
I know there is a TRU thread for this weeks deals but I wanted to point out before it goes out of stock (which I imagine will happen sooon) that Gears 3 Epic Ed. is part of the Buy 2 games for $60 deal.

There is no free shipping and you can only pick one copy of Gears 3 Epic Edition so I paired it with MW3.

Total for me was $73.xx after taxes and shipping

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index...HP:HotDeals:3:042912:2-for-60these-Xbox-360-P

Last edited by a moderator:
Great deal. Would've jumped on this for SCV and Arkham City. But knowing Arkham City is releasing its GOTY edition next month, I'll just have to decline.

[quote name='def PD']Is this deal good for in-store also? There's an EE GoW3 sitting right in fromt of me[/QUOTE]
Well if you're already in the store you can ask a worker?

Finally found an associate. It was a no-go for me even showing them the online ad. Said in-store price rang up differently and wouldn't price match for me.

[quote name='def PD']Finally found an associate. It was a no-go for me even showing them the online ad. Said in-store price rang up differently and wouldn't price match for me.[/QUOTE]

I bought it in-store it took them a while but they were able to price match it for me. That sucks

[quote name='def PD']Finally found an associate. It was a no-go for me even showing them the online ad. Said in-store price rang up differently and wouldn't price match for me.[/QUOTE]
Well, I'm glad I made my order online then. Thank you for the confirmation.

I told them it was available online - so after they reviewed it for like 15 minutes they decided to give it to me -

the corporate bastards apparently are annoying them to get everyone signed up with rewards card and want you to buy the extra warranty so make sure to get the card and leave a good review of the associate if they do give it to you in store.

My local store here, didn't give it to me... I argued with them for 15 mins and the lady just made up reasons. I got tired of it and left.

Hopefully my online order won't get cancelled.

Same here gamingdroid. I argued with the employee but decided it was not worth it, as you can just tell when you get "that" employee who you will just not make progress with.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']I feel like if you pull the 'I want to talk to your manager.' card, you might get it.[/QUOTE]

eh, chances are you won't. And it's not worth the hassle to a lot of people.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']I feel like if you pull the 'I want to talk to your manager.' card, you might get it.[/QUOTE]

I did push it hard, even looked at the terms on TRU's intranet. The person I spoke to was the manager supposedly.

Anyhow, it was a lot of hassle to argue and technically the manager wasn't completely wrong. The actual price match policy only states to match prices, not deals such as "buy two for $60". I think it was one of the grey areas so it all depended on how customer friendly your manager was.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Any chance this is something Best Buy would match?[/QUOTE]

Obviously YMMV but I did get Best Buy to price match this. The guy said it would be no problem, when checking out he called over the manager for an override. Manager looked at the website that was pulled up and then told me it was an incredible deal. I was like, "Yeah"

They couldn't get my $10 store closing coupon to work off my phone but I didn't really care at that point.

124dnio.jpg

Since I missed out online, I went to my store and got the last Epic Edition. I had to get a manager override on the price. Thanks for posting OP!

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Yeah - I had decided if I ever saw it for $60, I'd bite to get the statue... So I figure I only paid $13 for MW3. I'll just sell MW3 new and my used GoW3, since I think this one comes with the limited edition case and it won't be in a regular game case (or shrink wrapped)...[/QUOTE]

Just a FYI, but the EE does come with a wrapped Limited Edition inside. At least mine did.

Was specifically told by one of the managers that it was for online only because the warehouse needed to clear out inventory and that was the only way I could it. Even though it doesn't say that online but whatever. I'm sure it's a grey area but if it's online and doesn't state online only why not match it in store as well? ugh.

Thank you so much for posting. I picked up the Gears Epic Edition I wanted since Fall, and got MW3 to trade in to Amazon. Now what to do with the standard copy of Gears I already have...

Wow this is an amazing deal for the epic edition. I'd totally bite but there have been too many great deals this week with target, gamefly, BB upgrade and save, and gamestops $250 uncharted 3 console bundle upgrade deal. I've spent waaaay too much lately, but congrats to those who got in on this deal.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Any chance this is something Best Buy would match?[/QUOTE]

I just called 1-800BEST-BUY asked for a sales person who could pricematch. Had them call the Culver City, CA toy's r us who had it in stock and had it pricematched. Still can't believe it worked. Especially since I live in NC.

Gears of War 3: Epic Edition - Xbox 360 SKU: 2467183

Order in process of being fulfilled. Estimated arrival date: 05/07/2012 -05/10/2012

1 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - PlayStation 3

Order in process of being fulfilled. Estimated arrival date: 05/07/2012 -05/10/2012

Order Total: $64.05

[quote name='fortunado']Bummer, missed out on this one. That's a great deal on GoW:EE.[/QUOTE]

Same here, really wish I saw this sooner. :(

My BB doesn't have those in stock local (can ship to store though)
so I'm not sure how I'd go about price matching this.
Hmmmm.

[quote name='SeanTM22']BB doesnt match offers like this. only same item price differences[/QUOTE]

They sure did pricematch it for me last night on the phone.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']cool gonna check instore tommorrow. I remember seeing a gow 3 ee a couple of weeks of ago. I hope its still there[/QUOTE]

The price does not work for the store version. And it's extremely (as in don't bother unless you know the manager really well) YMMV as to you getting the online deal.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Just got shipping confirmation on my epic edition. Nothing for my mw3 yet. Looks like it'll be split up into two shipments.[/QUOTE]

I hope they cancel my mw3.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Just got shipping confirmation on my epic edition. Nothing for my mw3 yet. Looks like it'll be split up into two shipments.[/QUOTE]

Same here.:lol:

I also got my shipping confirmation, but had picked Battlefield 3 as my seconde game and it was included in the same shipment. Wishing I had picked MW3 since Battlefield 3 is now $20 at BB.

Looks like we're all in the same boat. Epic ships and MW3 still processing (although it does show that the item was located in-stock). Probably won't be too far behind...

bread's done
Back