TRU - Buy 2 Games for $60 (Includes Gears 3 Epic Edition)

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
I know there is a TRU thread for this weeks deals but I wanted to point out before it goes out of stock (which I imagine will happen sooon) that Gears 3 Epic Ed. is part of the Buy 2 games for $60 deal.

There is no free shipping and you can only pick one copy of Gears 3 Epic Edition so I paired it with MW3.

Total for me was $73.xx after taxes and shipping

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index...HP:HotDeals:3:042912:2-for-60these-Xbox-360-P

Last edited by a moderator:
This couldnt have worked out any better I hope. Got my shipment confirmation for the EE and another email saying they couldnt locate stock for MW3 for my instore pick up. Wonder what happens now?

[quote name='coopscohen']This couldnt have worked out any better I hope. Got my shipment confirmation for the EE and another email saying they couldnt locate stock for MW3 for my instore pick up. Wonder what happens now?[/QUOTE]

sounds like you get the EE for $30+shipping+tax and don't have to deal with the headache of selling MW3 like most of us.

[quote name='confoosious']sounds like you get the EE for $30+shipping+tax and don't have to deal with the headache of selling MW3 like most of us.[/QUOTE]

My total for the EE is $45

[quote name='coopscohen']This couldnt have worked out any better I hope. Got my shipment confirmation for the EE and another email saying they couldnt locate stock for MW3 for my instore pick up. Wonder what happens now?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']sounds like you get the EE for $30+shipping+tax and don't have to deal with the headache of selling MW3 like most of us.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was hoping for since I already own MW3.

lol with their shipping prices I'll continue to never shop at toysrus.com, super fail. No wonder they're getting out of gaming. They're putting themselves out of it with these fail sales.

[quote name='pwnthee']lol with their shipping prices I'll continue to never shop at toysrus.com, super fail. No wonder they're getting out of gaming. They're putting themselves out of it with these fail sales.[/QUOTE]

Unless there is a super deal like this! :D

[quote name='gamingdroid']Five? One for each room? Who needs five? They aren't worth anything reselling... I know, cause I was looking to buy one on ebay.[/QUOTE]

Don't feed the trolls. I just laugh that he thinks he'll make a mint or something. :)

[quote name='delta75229']Does any one know if I can exchange 360 version of MW3 from this deal for a PS3 version of MW3 at the retail store?[/QUOTE]
I wanna know to.

I'm hoping to exchange my BF3 for something else, but I feel like it's gonna be a PITA.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Obviously YMMV but I did get Best Buy to price match this. The guy said it would be no problem, when checking out he called over the manager for an override. Manager looked at the website that was pulled up and then told me it was an incredible deal. I was like, "Yeah"

They couldn't get my $10 store closing coupon to work off my phone but I didn't really care at that point.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting the receipt! With that and the TRU screen cap printouts from Sunday I got BBY to PM it. Best part is the manager did it exactly like yours, charged me $.01 for it.:D

I tried on Monday to get the only copy at Culver City TRU (an open box copy at that), but the manager refused to honor their ad as "the computer has been updated, and it's no longer part of the deal". But she offered it to me at the sale price of $79.99 :roll:.

The statue goes great with the Halo Reach one.

Thank you OP. I have wanted a EE Gow3 but could not justify the price tag. I was too late to get one online but I was near a TRU yesterday and stopped in and they had one left. They denied me the price on it and I was in a hurry so I bought it anyway coupled with MW3 to the tune of $170. I was on the phone with the customer support manager while I was driving and she confirmed that it was indeed part of the sale. I went back to a local TRU today and after a few phone calls they confirmed that even though it is not on the site anymore that it was included in the sale. They refunded my card $105.99. It did take two calls to get this done but I could not be happier! I just opened it up and have to say I am impressed with the statue and even more so with the presentation of the medal and game. The flag is kinda cheesy though.

Hey, maybe this was answered already but i don't feel like going through every single post. Has anyone gotten this to work in store? My store has some epic editions left( or at least had a week or two ago)

[quote name='JP73']Hey, maybe this was answered already but i don't feel like going through every single post. Has anyone gotten this to work in store? My store has some epic editions left( or at least had a week or two ago)[/QUOTE]
Ymmv but yes it has worked in store for some.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Ymmv but yes it has worked in store for some.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Did it need an override/adjustment or did it ring up accordingly?

[quote name='MyPaper']I wanna know to.

I'm hoping to exchange my BF3 for something else, but I feel like it's gonna be a PITA.[/QUOTE]
It's really easy to exchange, you give them the game and packing slip. The only bad part is you can only get a toysrus gift card for any returns and there is no return on the shipping costs.

[quote name='JP73']Hey, maybe this was answered already but i don't feel like going through every single post. Has anyone gotten this to work in store? My store has some epic editions left( or at least had a week or two ago)[/QUOTE]

Well you could have looked at the previous post which explains what happened to me. Wow thats fucking lazy. If everyone was like this that no one would have read your post and just ignored you. /end rant

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Don't feed the trolls. I just laugh that he thinks he'll make a mint or something. :)[/QUOTE]

They seem to be selling for a decent amount on eBay brand new (around $100)

You can get it in store. There was a sign at mine.

The problem was getting the Gears EE, which isn't available anymore anyway so it's a non-issue.

Finally got my EE. Damn this is a really nice statue. Cant wait until we sell this house and buy a bigger one (once we have another kid), I have aquired a bunch of CE items since being on CAG. I really want to display them all but dont have the room so everything is stored in the crawl space for now. I will have my man cave!!

I found two Epic Editions in the Whitestone store by me, but it rang up regular price. I called up customer service, but they said it wasn't even showing up in their systems and that I would have to speak to the people in the store. The card on the glass just says Gears of War no edition or even 3.
And now the worthless site isn't even showing any Gears of War as part of the deal.
I hate when stores have different prices than their online stores to make it more difficult for us to get our CAG deals.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Finally got my EE. Damn this is a really nice statue. Cant wait until we sell this house and buy a bigger one (once we have another kid), I have aquired a bunch of CE items since being on CAG. I really want to display them all but dont have the room so everything is stored in the crawl space for now. I will have my man cave!![/QUOTE]
This is my main concern, I already have too much crap in my closet (currently living in an apartment with my gf until I graduate from College.) One of the problems is I have junk like the Rock Band 1 & Guitar Hero boxes from way back when I was like 16.. so that's taking a whole buttload of space, I gotta throw that junk either out or sell it on craigslist since its not only bulky but cheap now unfortunately.

Couldn't afford having another big ass box, especially since I don't even own a 360 anymore, pity, but I had to skip on this one.

Hoping to do the exact same thing someday, as well :D.

bread's done
Back