Sphinx PS2 - 6.98
Siren PS2 - 7.98
Silent Hill 4 - 39.00
Mafia XB - 9.98
Manhunt XB - 11.98
Max Payne 2 - 9.98
Showdown - 23.98
SSX Tricky GC - 6.98

There were more than this there, just all I can remember. Anyone else who finds these deals post here so we can get a master list going.

Happy Hunting

wow I'd jack off in my tea and make you drink it for a $12 copy of La Pucelle

even better I'd probably trade someone for a sealed copy, mario party 4 or something like that no doubt

That's not really true since I work at TRU. La Pucelle Tactics is different prices at different TRUs for various reasons. The only stores in SoCal that will close are the real small stores that do not do atleast a $1 million in profit a year.

[quote name='lurknomore'][quote name='camoor']Just picked up sphinx, XIII, and Beyond Good and Evil at the Gaithersburg TRU for $6 a piece. Thx CAG!![/quote]

Hey that's in my neck of the woods. I guess that I missed those games. I'lll have to go back.[/quote]

There were plenty of sphinx and BG&E, but only 2 left of XIII when I left. And the two that were left were hiding.

I only got one apiece of each, death to hoarders!

Yesterday and today I got the following at the Framingham, MA Shopper's World TRU (All prices AC):

La Pucelle (PS2): $16
Perfect Dark (N64): $3
Black & Bruised (GCN): $9
Romance of 7 Kingdoms VIII (PS2): $9
Sega Tennis 2k2 (DC): $3
Siren (PS2): $13
Chaos Legion (PS2): $9
Mafia (XB): $10
Gameshark (DC): $4

I got the last La Pucelle, but they had more of everything else I got.

[quote name='"evilmax17"']Yesterday and today I got the following at the Framingham, MA Shopper's World TRU (All prices AC):quote]

AC= After coupon? What coupon?

Sorry, After GreenTag, which were the following:

Perfect Dark (N64): $3
Black & Bruised (GCN): $9
Romance of 7 Kingdoms VIII (PS2): $9
Sega Tennis 2k2 (DC): $3

Is TRU selling any of the Jam Packs for cheap? If so they could be used on the EB Games trade in deal where you trade in 3 games for $10 credit deal. I also wondered if CC was still selling some of the Jam Packs for 1 penny. My EB Games took some 2001 Jam Packs and a Rainbow Six Demo and I got $10.75 credit. Thanks for any info!!

[quote name='vgc']I also wondered if CC was still selling some of the Jam Packs for 1 penny. My EB Games took some 2001 Jam Packs and a Rainbow Six Demo and I got $10.75 credit.[/quote]

Yes, there are still $0.01 jampacks to be found at CC. When I had them scan them, only the 2003 ones were ringing up at that price. Bought 14 and traded 12 of them in to EB for $43 in credit.

(I then spent $20 of that to buy 10 older sports games that I'll trade in along with the remaining 2 jampacks for another ~$40 in credit for a total of ~$60 from my initial "investment" of $0.14)

Mine had the Jampacks green tagged.
They had three or four different ones.

Don't remember the price tho, sorry.
If I get in there next week, I'll let you know.
(They had tons)

[quote name='TimTucker'][quote name='vgc']I also wondered if CC was still selling some of the Jam Packs for 1 penny. My EB Games took some 2001 Jam Packs and a Rainbow Six Demo and I got $10.75 credit.[/quote]

Yes, there are still $0.01 jampacks to be found at CC. When I had them scan them, only the 2003 ones were ringing up at that price. Bought 14 and traded 12 of them in to EB for $43 in credit.

(I then spent $20 of that to buy 10 older sports games that I'll trade in along with the remaining 2 jampacks for another ~$40 in credit for a total of ~$60 from my initial "investment" of $0.14)[/quote]
Hmm, sounds like a project for a saturday afternoon.

The jam packs that we have at my store are 2004 I think and they are $7.99 green tagged, I believe. Store should be dead again tomorrow so I should be able to check.

[quote name='TimTucker'][quote name='vgc']I also wondered if CC was still selling some of the Jam Packs for 1 penny. My EB Games took some 2001 Jam Packs and a Rainbow Six Demo and I got $10.75 credit.[/quote]

(I then spent $20 of that to buy 10 older sports games that I'll trade in along with the remaining 2 jampacks for another ~$40 in credit for a total of ~$60 from my initial "investment" of $0.14)[/quote]

I could have sworn the exclusion list included jampacks, but if it worked for you, then meh..

[quote name='"oper00"'][quote name='"TimTucker"'][quote name='"vgc"']I also wondered if CC was still selling some of the Jam Packs for 1 penny. My EB Games took some 2001 Jam Packs and a Rainbow Six Demo and I got $10.75 credit.[/quote]

I could have sworn the exclusion list included jampacks, but if it worked for you, then meh..[/quote]

The $10 credit bonus for trading in 3 games at EBgames has no exclusions as listed on the coupon in the Winter Sale flyer at the store. However I guess the store manager could decide to exclude them. The store manager at my Ebgames tried them and was surprised the system took them, but it did. Then he started to think about what disks he might have at home. The Jam Packs were from Winter 2001 and Summer 2002 I believe.

If I remember correctly doesn't Best Buy clear out old Xbox Exhibition disks for 1 cent?

Thanks, and could everyone specify what store they are talking about since this discussion now involves BB,CC, TRU, and EBgames. Great information everyone!!

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet (or if it's even more than a very YMMV deal), but my local Toys R Us had about seven copies of Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA) for $20.98.

Emphasis on the "had." I waited a few days to get a copy, and the number left at last check (after I got mine) was three.

Considering how hard it can be to find the Castlevania games and the fact that the game stores in my area sell it for $25 used, it's probably not a bad deal. :D

Just checked out the TRU in Woburn, MA. Nothing special. Picked up PS2 Bloodrayne for $4.48, but I don't think that's anything special. Siren was $19.95. Is it worth that much, or what? I've never heard of this game.

Just got back from the Peabody, MA TRU at the Northshore Mall. They had all of their clearence/greentag games on a table and in bins. I got the following (all after greentag if applicable):

Star Wars: Obi Wan (XB PH): $3
Morrowind (XB PH): $3
Unreal 2 (XB): $9
Bomberman Generations (GCN): $9
Turok Evolution (XB): $2

I saw:
Siren (PS2): $12
Xenosaga (PS2): $4 (tons of copies)

Checked out the Slidell LA TRU today while I was out and saw the following
MTV Clubworld 2.99
Mafia 12.99
La Pucelle 9.99
XIII 7.99
Many various DC games such as Kiss PC, Shadowman, Carrier... etc for 6.00
PSone LCD's for 20.99 I believe

Numerous crappy PS games for around 4.50

Numerous old game guides and game mags... GAME MAGAZINES... most store throw theirs out... of course TRU has a habit of selling game demos...

bout all I can remember right now... :roll:

I was out today and I hit a couple different TRU and got:

North Attleboro, MA
Primal (PS2) $4.49
Kung Fu Chaos (Xbox) $4.49

There were a few copies of each one left on a table that listed the games as 70% off green tagged price.

Franklin, MA I got the last copies of
Devil May Cry $4.48
La Pucelle $13.98

I checked out some other games at my TRU and the prices were pretty decent:

PS2:
Siren $5.48 (This goes for $39.99 NEW at my BB, but my TRU is OOS)
Devil May Cry $7.98 (OOS)
XIII $4.48 (1 left)
Turok: Evolution $4.48 (OOS)
Hitman 2 $5.98 (1 left)
Red Faction $6.48 (OOS)
Xenosaga $8.98 (OOS)
Resident Evil: CVX $5.48 (4 left)
Parappatherappa 2 $9.98 (5 left)
Arc the Lad $4.48 (OOS)

GBA:
Wing Commander: Prophacy $4.98 (3 left)
Sword of Mana $7.98 (OOS)

The PS2 Intec 3D Surround Sound System speakers were also marked as $79.99 (green tagged) to make the price $24 after the 70% off.

3D ? but today i saw intec 2d somethin sound sistem 29.99 + 70% greentak so 9.xx + tax ..but i didnt buy it..

Today I picked up Twisted Metal Black (with bonus TMB: Online disc) and Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution for $6 each. I also saw that GBA e-Readers were had 70% off stickers on them, so they were $12 each - don't know if anyone has mentioned that yet or not.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']I don't know if it's been mentioned yet (or if it's even more than a very YMMV deal), but my local Toys R Us had about seven copies of Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA) for $20.98.

Emphasis on the "had." I waited a few days to get a copy, and the number left at last check (after I got mine) was three.

Considering how hard it can be to find the Castlevania games and the fact that the game stores in my area sell it for $25 used, it's probably not a bad deal. :D[/quote]

Hmm - one of my TRU had a shitload (12 or so) for 8.68 ea.

Already had it so passed on it, but I may go back and grab a few for trades or whatever

I went today and got:

Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance (PS2) - $5.98
Turok Evolution (PS2) - $2.50

I have heard how bad Turok is, but I couldn't care less. I buy any game for $2.50.

I wish my TRU had BG&E.
I got Eternal Darkness for 10.50 green tagged, and Devil May Cry for 6.98 marked. They also had XIII for 4.98 and Hitman 2 for 6.98.

So, if your TRU is filled with clearances, is it going out of business? This TRU (N Freeway, Houston TX) looked like a ghost town with old merch everywhere and lots of green tags. I also scored some really old Simpsons figures here that are like four years old.

[quote name='aloneagainor']I wish my TRU had BG&E.
I got Eternal Darkness for 10.50 green tagged, and Devil May Cry for 6.98 marked. They also had XIII for 4.98 and Hitman 2 for 6.98.

So, if your TRU is filled with clearances, is it going out of business? This TRU (N Freeway, Houston TX) looked like a ghost town with old merch everywhere and lots of green tags. I also scored some really old Simpsons figures here that are like four years old.[/quote]

the clearances/green tags aren't a sign of TRU stores going out of business. to me it seems like most of the stores that have a lot of games that are green tag/clearance are getting rid of old stock. there just isn't enough room on the shelves and so on to keep all old games. I could be wrong.

I got primal and some R racing game, both ps2 games for 4.75 each :)

but kinda mad since thats all they had

they did have a ton of ps2 and xbox game cases

I think they took 10 or so and tapped them together and were selling them for 1.50. I was going to get one pack to trade because I knew people wanted them but some of the cases tapped on top had rips and couldn't see the others so I didn't

I took a look today and just got:
Carrier (DC) $5.99
Illbleed (DC) $6.74
Manhunt guide $ .01
PS2 Aluminum case $5.98

I'm wondering if those dreamcast games (which are new and sealed) are worth it...I may have to checkout that Siren and Twisted Metal Black online if they have it cheap....

I just recently picked up a copy of Turok Evolution (XBox) for $1.48. I now own both the GC and XBox versions. Not one, but two versions of Turok. I think I have a problem...

[quote name='evilmax17']Perfect Dark (N64): $3[/quote]

Dammit! looks like I bought PD about 2 weeks too early, and overpaid by $2

crazytalkx if you bought your Siren at TRU you can bring in your reciept and get it cheaper, almost like a price match, so long as you do it within 45 days.

I haven't been to TRU since Dec 31 for some last minute coupon usage so I guess its time to take a look to see how they've restocked. Last time I was there it was the racks were mostly empty and everything was a mess. I hope I can find a Twisted Metal Black.

Also if anyone is interested, I have a few sealed copies of XIII, a couple BG&E, and one Maximo AOZ still up for trade/sale. I'm open to anything since I'm not particularly looking for anything right now.

Wonder how much I could get PD for since last time I was there they had litteraly at least 25 new unopened copies, I nearly fell over when I saw them. Think I have to get the girlfriend a new wireless adapter for her laptop, so maybe I'll go out to Compusa and that'll give me a second TRU to pick through.

Don't know about anyone else's TRU, but mine had a lot of sealed "value" games sitting around. They were marked $19.99. Thank god my TRU has a scanner near the games, because I picked one up out of chance just to check it.

Rang up $2.99.

I ended up getting 3 copies of Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland, Parappa the Rappa 2, and Mojo/Unreal Tournament for Xbox for about $18. The games were actually there (not just tickets) and inside these strange cheap plastic things...not the usual kind that require that bizarre key, but these things you actually took home and have to cut off with a pair of scissors.

Also, my C:AOS was only $10, so I picked up two copies of those. LCD screens are running $26, but I'll give them about a week to see if they fall.

Might make a second run there in a few days or so...

The TRU near my house had a few games marked 70% off, I got Kung Fu Fighters for xbox and Primal for a laughable total of $7.39. I knew Primal would drop quickly, but that cheap is just awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back