TRU has Wiis! (12/21)

My TRU put theirs out today, but were sold out by the time I got there at 4:30 (L.A. area). I must say I am extremely annoyed at Nintendo and these retail stores. On a logical level I understand the reasons behind the shortages, but emotionally it really pisses me off. I should not have to work this hard to give a company $250 of my money. I have never tried to get a console at launch before, and based on this experience I don't think I ever will again.

Gosh darn it, I wish I had seen this sooner. I called mine and they did sell them today.

But my Circuit City is selling 12 tomorrow. I'm toying with the idea of going right now.

[quote name='FFBlitzace']Gosh darn it, I wish I had seen this sooner. I called mine and they did sell them today.

But my Circuit City is selling 12 tomorrow. I'm toying with the idea of going right now.[/QUOTE]
Circuit city u say? @_@

[quote name='FFBlitzace']Gosh darn it, I wish I had seen this sooner. I called mine and they did sell them today.

But my Circuit City is selling 12 tomorrow. I'm toying with the idea of going right now.[/quote]

How did you find out about your CC selling 12 Wii's tomorrow?

My toys r us did not sell any today they didn't even confirm they would have them tomorrow but they did tell me to come back tomorrow morning Hmmm !

[quote name='Limegreen']My toys r us did not sell any today they didn't even confirm they would have them tomorrow but they did tell me to come back tomorrow morning Hmmm ![/quote]

I got the same thing. I called my TRU and they said they did not receive any Wii systems today. I told them that the rumor was they were to have the systems on Friday. The lady I spoke with then said she could not confirm or deny the rumor but that I should check back in the morning when they open.

Hmm indeed!

Gah! I called my TRU about 20 times easily and they never answered. I'm gonna be pissed if they did indeed sell them today.

And aha first post:D

I live in Stroudsburg, PA. I made a call to Walmart, Toys R Us in Whitehall, PA Rockaway, NJ and Philipsburg, NJ. Nobody had them in. And of course i asked the whiehall and philipsburg one and they were just jerks about it. "Well we dont Really Freaking know when were getting wii's in" Exact words from one of the associates. BUT i did ask the one in Rockaway,NJ and they said there shipment is coming in Saturday. So im not sure if they will sell them before then or what. But i can tell you that TRU is gonna be getting a call every hour almost on the hour.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']... But i can tell you that TRU is gonna be getting a call every hour almost on the hour.[/QUOTE]
Be careful, though; my TRU (pleasant hill, CA) is not confirming on the phone. A buddy of mine in the South Bay (CA) had the same experience--the TRU rep outright lied, saying there weren't any. He went anyway, and they had been selling them for the past hour.

Will some of them get the Wiis today? My mom is going to King of Prussia TRU at 12:00 to check. Will they tell me on the phone?

[quote name='FallMoon']Will some of them get the Wiis today? My mom is going to King of Prussia TRU at 12:00 to check. Will they tell me on the phone?[/quote]

TRU are a bunch of fuck ing morons! I called yesterday during the flood of Wii's posted in these threads. My store told me that they did not get any in and to check back this morning. I got up early and waited in line form them to open. (there was about 10 or so people that caught wind of the 22nd rumor waiting with me). At about 7:30AM the manager finally comes to the door and says "what are you guys waiting for?" We told him the Wii shipment and then he tells us "Sorry we're sold out. We recieved 10 PS3's and 15 Wii units yesterday." I confirmed with another lady in line that she was told the same thing. That they didn't receive any on Thursday and to check back today. If they would've just given me the correct information the day before I could've saved a trip!! What a bunch of ass clowns!

I was up anyways so I hit Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target, and Circuit City. No luck at any of them.

I feel so bad for you, I'm annoyed that I can't get one, but I'm sure it's 10 times more annoying being told they have none after waiting in line. I have called 4 TRUs in my area, and none of their phones work or something. All I hear is an annoying tone. I agree, the people at Toys R Us are pretty stupid. They always call me "ma'm" on the phone, when I'm a guy.

I wouldn't bother calling. At best it's a waste of time, at worst it'll just make someone already in the store aware that they're there.

I'm so glad they just sold them instead of having these stupid "hold them for a particular day" things. Less of a pain for most customers and the employees.

[quote name='FallMoon']I feel so bad for you, I'm annoyed that I can't get one, but I'm sure it's 10 times more annoying being told they have none after waiting in line. I have called 4 TRUs in my area, and none of their phones work or something. All I hear is an annoying tone. I agree, the people at Toys R Us are pretty stupid. They always call me "ma'm" on the phone, when I'm a guy.[/quote]

Exactly. I'm not mad at the fact that they didn't have any Wii systems left, it was that the employees lead me to believe they would so I wasted my morning waiting for nothing.

A little while ago TRU.com had more bundles for sale so I ordered one. This is the 4th time I've attempted an on-line Wii order so hopefully this one does not get canceled. I've seen stock go up on several sites this morning (CC, Amazon, TRU) so keep an eye out. If my bundle order is successful I really hope I can return the games I don't want for a refund.

EDIT: As of just a few moments ago the TRU bundles were still up on-line for order:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2585649&cp=2255956.2273442.2255974.2290625.2290630&parentPage=family

This is either an error that they've lasted so long or people just don't want the system all bundled up.

Ahh!! Still available, thank you! I might buy one and sell off the rest of the games.

Crap my mom is not answering the phone, I need her permission to order it.

I think that most of the TRU got them in yesterday. I got lied to, I called several times up to 11 P.M. last night and even talked to a supervisor and they said they didnt get any wii's in Thursday. So I was there today (Fri)
and I talked to the one guy that I trust, and he said " they came in yesterday (Thur.) at around 1 P.M. and were gone by 2 P.M. " I was there Thursday at around noon and 4 P.M. and they all lied to my face ! What is with these people !

It sucks that they're telling you they don't have any over the phone, but from what I hear, that's the policy with hot-selling items for a lot of stores. What's a bigger headache? Telling 30 people over the phone that you have two Wii in stock and dealing with them fifteen minutes later while they're screaming at you because those two systems sold before you were off the phone? Or simply saying, "We don't have any at the moment," and having to deal with the few people who find out you were lying?
Hell, if I were working retail right now, I'd say, "We don't have them, we never have, and I don't think we ever will. You're wasting your time at this store."

[quote name='FallMoon']Ahh!! Still available, thank you! I might buy one and sell off the rest of the games.

Crap my mom is not answering the phone, I need her permission to order it.[/quote]

Any luck ordering one of the TRU bundles? I received a confirmation e-mail stating my item is in stock so I think that might be a good sign. I guess I'll probably see it delivered towards the end of next week.

Oh my gosh, my mom was just waiting in line for a Wii at TRU, and the truck was supposed to arrive by one but she left so she could get back to work. I'm so annoyed.

[quote name='defiance_17']It sucks that they're telling you they don't have any over the phone, but from what I hear, that's the policy with hot-selling items for a lot of stores. What's a bigger headache? Telling 30 people over the phone that you have two Wii in stock and dealing with them fifteen minutes later while they're screaming at you because those two systems sold before you were off the phone? Or simply saying, "We don't have any at the moment," and having to deal with the few people who find out you were lying?
Hell, if I were working retail right now, I'd say, "We don't have them, we never have, and I don't think we ever will. You're wasting your time at this store."[/quote]

I can understand if they say we don't have them (as a matter of fact almost anytime I would ask a clerk at BB, TRU, or any other retailer they would always tell me they weren't expecting more until after Christmas) but my issue is the fact that I was specifically told they did not receive any on Thursday. I then told the woman about the rumored shipment that was to arrive on 12/22. She responded by saying "I cannot confirm or deny that rumor. I suggest checking back with us tomorrow when we open".

To me that sounded like a "wink-wink I can't flat out tell you we will have them tomorrow but I suggest you come back in the morning". IF she would've just said "We got some in today but we're sold out" then BOOM I'm done end of story no wasted trip.

Chitown, I had a similar experience at the TRU Alpharetta GA. I went by yesterday, when everyone said they were selling Wii. They said they didn't have any Wii but some PS3. Possibly they'll have some tomarrow. I came on Friday at 8:01, there was a four person line in the Rzone. As I walked in I overheard a sales associate saying to the 3rd lady in the line, "I pick you." I didn't know what she meant by that but my eye caught a small sign posted in the Rzone stating: We don't have any Wii's or PS3s and we don't know when we'll get more so don't ask.

Even so, these four people diligently stayed in a line in Rzone.
So I figured they were buying something else but as I turned to walk out, the lady (the one the RZone Sales person talked to) rather smugly told her daughter "I'm going to get you a Wii." Curious, I decided to stay to see how this situation would unfold. Within moments, a manager comes from the back with one Wii (not a bundle) and gives it to the third lady in the line. She proudly paid for the Wii as if she enjoyed rubbing it in the other customers faces. The second person in the line was on the verge of tears, the first person (the brother of the second person in the line) was outraged and asked the manager "Why did she get the Wii when we were here first?" The manager stomped out of the Rzone screaming "I hate the Wii! I'm sick of it! I'm not answering any more questions!"

Looks like I'm no longer a TRU kid.

[quote name='funjoe']My TRU put theirs out today, but were sold out by the time I got there at 4:30 (L.A. area). I must say I am extremely annoyed at Nintendo and these retail stores. On a logical level I understand the reasons behind the shortages, but emotionally it really pisses me off. I should not have to work this hard to give a company $250 of my money. I have never tried to get a console at launch before, and based on this experience I don't think I ever will again.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I have been trying all stores that sell consoles and missed on Wii by 10 minutes. I tried getting up early on the 17th only to find that everybody and their brothers were in line before me by up to 6 hours. The only ray of hope I've had is getting a Wiimote and Nunchuk from the very limited supply out there. So, I've got some games, an extra controller and the money in hand... but no Wii. I might just wait for the colored Wiis in the spring (if that rumor is true.)

I did see some poor sucker buy a 60gb PS3 last night from the local TRU. He must've given up on the Wii as well.

So I have been to four different TRUs in my area yesterday and this morning and no Wii. I know that this is off topic, but I heard people say that the Nintendo Store in NYC gets shipments every morning, does that include Saturdays?

I am seriously thinking about heading out to the city tonight and spending the night right outside the Nintendo store as long as someone can confirm that they do infact have Wiis on Saturdays. My sister is all set with about five Wii games as Christmas presents, but no actual Wii.

[quote name='FallMoon']That's so sad. Why do you think he gave it to that lady? Because she's female?[/quote]

I have no idea. I am a female too. The lady was older than me, though. All I know is the TRU zone lady told her "I pick you." And the manager just blantly refused to answer why. Maybe she nagged to the right person, had connections, paid the rzone associate off, or told the manager a snob story. She did have a little girl with her. Who knows? It all seemed quite odd and severly damped my ambition to get the Wii for Christmas. I could try in vain for the next 2 days, but I'm just going to wait next Spring. I've got a lot of DS games to catch up on. Anyhow, I wish good luck to everyone else on the Wii hunt.

[quote name='Chitown021']Anyone that's still looking fro a Wii keep an eye out on-line today. Several sites have had stock available for a short time.[/quote]

They are all bundles so fuck that, however WalMarts around me have been getting 3 or 4 per store and I think TRU got a shipment of about 10

Thanks to the folks here on CAG who pointed us in the direction of the TRU press release that was posted on-line, we managed to secure a Wii yesterday (12/21).

My wife went out to the Bloomington, MN store and was there by 8:30am, and the R Zone manager told her that they expected some in a shipment that day. He further offered that they usually received shipments between 10am and 2pm. So, she went off to do some other shopping, and when it got to be 10:10am, she realized what time it was and placed a call back to that same TRU. Sure enough, the shipment had just come in, but the contents had not yet been unpacked and scanned into the store's sales system. So, she made a hasty return to the store, and managed to snag one before they ran out.

Considering that I've personally been a victim of "shill bidding" incidents on eBay in my recent efforts to get a Wii console this past week (I really wanted to have one as a Christmas gift for my niece and nephew), I really appreciate the fact that CAGers keep the CAG community so well-informed of the goings-on out in the marketplace.

CAG RULEZ!! :applause:

There's been a few stores offering non-bundled systems today. Circuit City & COmp USA have listed systems only. For myself after today's TRU fiasco and many prior missed opportunities I ordered the action bundle from TRU.com. Once I get it I'm going to see if I can return the extra stuff I don't need back to the B&M store.

Has anyone out there run into a TRU that actually held their stock of Wii systems until today? Seems like they're all saying they were supposed to hold them but they didn't get the memo in time.

fuckin fuck!

the guy i talked to earlier said they had 3 Wii's left. once i got there, i asked the guy at the register if they had any left and he said they had em yesterday and sold out. he said the guy i talked to "looked at the wrong thing". awesome.

Hey fellow CAGs. Just came back from Rockaway, NJ Toys R US from waiting outside all night long for a WII. What i dont understand is why people need one so bad they have to scam for it. One guy cuts in front of everybody and says he never got a ticket. So me and this nice guy i met in line were like "Well where's your ticket? Funny we have been waiting here since 11:30 pm and didnt see u come here at all." But all in all i still got one. Also it has been true that alot of the TRU employee's were either lying or just didnt know about the Wii's.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Hey fellow CAGs. Just came back from Rockaway, NJ Toys R US from waiting outside all night long for a WII. What i dont understand is why people need one so bad they have to scam for it. One guy cuts in front of everybody and says he never got a ticket. So me and this nice guy i met in line were like "Well where's your ticket? Funny we have been waiting here since 11:30 pm and didnt see u come here at all." But all in all i still got one. Also it has been true that alot of the TRU employee's were either lying or just didnt know about the Wii's.[/quote]

So your store actually got some Wii's in today? (or held them to sell today I should say).

Yah. They acually held the Wii's unlike some other TRU's around us that just sold them once they got them. Good to see such a well organized TRU

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Yah. They acually held the Wii's unlike some other TRU's around us that just sold them once they got them. Good to see such a well organized TRU[/QUOTE]

Well organized? There was no email to keep the systems for roto hold, so most TRU's sold them as soon as they got them. The systems were in an Ad that started December 17th (earlier this week) and runs until today, so they would have to sell the system because of that. The Wii's were sent to all TRU's to fufill the Ad/last week of Xmas season sales, not to be held for one day.

Nowhere in the press release does it mention that the Wii's would come into TRU's on Friday the 22nd, nor be available only on that day.

Sorry for ranting, and congrats on scoring a Wii.

yeah, the toys r us i went to lied about their Wiis too. i went in line for 20 min. and asked if they had any, the manager said no but come back tomorrow. it turned out that my brother's friend worked there that night. my brother asked her if they had any and she said that they had 5 in the back but is reserved for the employees. WTF? i can't file a complaint because i don't want my brother's friend to get in trouble.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Hey fellow CAGs. Just came back from Rockaway, NJ Toys R US from waiting outside all night long for a WII. What i dont understand is why people need one so bad they have to scam for it. One guy cuts in front of everybody and says he never got a ticket. So me and this nice guy i met in line were like "Well where's your ticket? Funny we have been waiting here since 11:30 pm and didnt see u come here at all." But all in all i still got one. Also it has been true that alot of the TRU employee's were either lying or just didnt know about the Wii's.[/quote]

I personally think the associates working there are asses. I ended up getting mine from the EB in the mall there. They didn't do a ticket thing when I was there. We simply made a makeshift list and went apeshit nuts everytime someone tried getting on line in order to make sure no one screwed us over. At 6AM, they let us in early into the vestibule so no one could rip us off. I was number one in line. Was there for almost 24 hours.

BTW, the employees lie.

Yah i hear ya. I left at 11:30 PM That night (thursday night) and waitied till around 7. The crappy thing is that it was pouring but the people in the line with me were great and the one guy that was waiting for a wii called his friend and his friend came with a tarp and some donuts and coffe. But it truly is amazing how people say oh well i was here in line for hours and im number 6. But yet nobody really says anything. Thats how it was at walmart when me and the wife went. But the people i stayed in line with this time were just great. A lady went around with a piece of paper and wrote down every ones names once there were 20 people. One guy tried getting a wii without a ticket. The TRU employee almost gave them one but i believe everybody in the line threw a fit about it and he walked away with a sour puss. Oh well he should have been waiting like everybody else. Im really sorry for the other people that TRU lied to and CC's and what not. Very sorry to hear. But everybody have a Merry Christmas and be safe!

bread's done
Back