TRU Slimline Playstation 2 System 99.99 B&M Only

Yes, this is true. My store has the same sale as well. Hopefully, this will lead to a permanent price point of $99.99 for the PS2.

I'll confirm this. Saw it at the Concord Mills TRU. Was gonna post the deal, but after using the search function, found this thread.

The only advertisement for it should be with the PS2s itself, wherever they keep it at your local TRU. At ours, we have a sign pole stating it's on sale, and the sign cards in our glass case with the PS2s

[quote name='eau']Ceramic white is only available in the Singstar bundle for $150 full price.[/quote]

The best buy near my house (Pleasant Hill Road, Gwinnett County, GA) has the ceramic white singstar bundle set for $129.99.

Hmm...I plan on picking up some spares since Playstation 3 isn't completely backwards compatible. Not sure if I should do it at this price or keep wait for a regular price drop to this price (along with the probable slight redesign)...

There is a redeisgn coming. It will have no power brick. Power will all be internal, keeping it the same size still. Maybe at E3 time.

[quote name='spiderdog']There is a redeisgn coming. It will have no power brick. Power will all be internal, keeping it the same size still. Maybe at E3 time.[/quote]
A redesign of the PS2? Wow, that thing's almost as old as, well... It's like Blizzard updating Diablo II, but Sony might actually still make money off of these things; mostly because they don't own WoW in some way. (Good to know by the way, thanks.)

The redesign is already out in Japan. Head over to Play-asia if you want to see it. It's the one I'm waiting for in order to safely play stuff like Persona 3:FES.

Safely? Has the slim PS2 had Xbox-like flaming power brick problems or something? Hadn't heard about that.

[quote name='Halo05']The redesign is already out in Japan. Head over to Play-asia if you want to see it. It's the one I'm waiting for in order to safely play stuff like Persona 3:FES.[/quote]

[quote name='Halo05']The redesign is already out in Japan. Head over to Play-asia if you want to see it. It's the one I'm waiting for in order to safely play stuff like Persona 3:FES.[/quote]Is that the SCH-90000 series PS2?

Sorry, should've clarified. Some people are having game-saving issues when running P3 FES on their Playstation 3s. I have a 20gb PS3 but don't want to lose my save games. As such, I've been waiting for the newer slim PS2s to hit the US.

Yes Shrike, that's the model number.

[quote name='ScubaCat']The best buy near my house (Pleasant Hill Road, Gwinnett County, GA) has the ceramic white singstar bundle set for $129.99.[/quote]
dude that's pretty good, I was just there a few days ago. how come we don't see you over at the ATL thread? We could use you over there.

Too bad the lower end ps3 models weren't designed to have a flat surface on top to place the ps2. All these systems start to add up to space I dont have.

2007110714113723989st1.jpg

even the complete phased out gc isn't too dirt cheap (still have that 100) price tag, why would sony want to make the ps2 any cheaper-it's not likely that having a cheaper price will get more business (relatively speaking) for them-but it sure would be nice to have a 80 buck ps2, I'd buy a few.

well wihle i disagree on the $100 for a cube being dirt cheap.

I will disagree that dropping the PS2 price wouldn't affect them moneywise. Unlike the :gc: if they dropped the price on the :ps2: it would sell. The PS2 sells pretty high even now unlike the cube. the loss of backcompat with the high price of the PS3 all work towards giving hte PS2 a lot of legs retail wise.

Damn it I got to take my mom somewhere for Mother's Day. Oh well it is till May 31. Also i want the white version and I honestly have no problem paying $150 for a console considering I paid more for my PSP :)

[quote name='Halo05']The redesign is already out in Japan. Head over to Play-asia if you want to see it. It's the one I'm waiting for in order to safely play stuff like Persona 3:FES.[/QUOTE]

Can you give us a link. Play asia isn't indicating it on their web pages clearly that I was able to spot it.

i would be all over this deal if i hadn't ordered the ceramic white ps2 bundle from Amazon last week for $110. initially i really liked the white ps2, but now that i've ordered it i'm strangely regretting it.

I work at TRU and I haven't seen this markdown yet.

Maybe we just haven't marked it down yet?

[quote name='Halo05']The redesign is already out in Japan. Head over to Play-asia if you want to see it. It's the one I'm waiting for in order to safely play stuff like Persona 3:FES.[/quote]

Link?

[quote name='jaide']i would be all over this deal if i hadn't ordered the ceramic white ps2 bundle from Amazon last week for $110. initially i really liked the white ps2, but now that i've ordered it i'm strangely regretting it.[/quote]

I couldn't get out to TRU to get the silver one, so I got the white bundle off Amazon for $130, only to have them drop the price to $110 a week later, and I just saw it for $100 somewhere else. NOT HAPPY.

[quote name='Zaxby']I work at TRU and I haven't seen this markdown yet. Maybe we just haven't marked it down yet?[/quote]

It was supposed to be all month. I have a feeling it might be a little bit YMMV. I called the TRU closest to me 2 weeks ago, and they told me no. I called the one across town and they said yes.

saw this in store today as well... I really want one of the silver ones but I purchased my black slim from my brother like a month before the silver ones came out and his was new anyways so it would be dumb...

I just went to the TRU in Madison Heights, MI and the guy behind the counter said it ended last week. HMM! To another store. Maybe I'll even find the Sing Star bundle. But that's $104 on TRU's site so I may just get that in the end.

Now I can take my $100 WM GC i getting on the PS3 40GB this weekend and buy the PS2 (thats if it goes to 99) then its all good with the BC issue.

bread's done
Back