Try to predict events that will occur in 2008

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
It's that time of year .. time to try to predict what will happen next year. The previous threads can be found below:

Try to predict events that will occur in 2007

Try to predict events that will occur in 2006

So have it .. make many predictions (if you throw enough shit at a wall, some of it is bound to stick).

Suggested prediction categories:

Sports - who will win various national championships

Natural disasters - where and when will they occur

Politics - who will be elected, thrown out of office, be part of a scandal, etc

Celebrities/notable figures - marriages, deaths, etc

Randomness - odd trends or news story (i.e. water on mars)

My predictions are as follows:

XM and Sirius merger will finally be approved.

Colored/customizable Wiis will be available or announced. (keeping hope alive on this)

George Clooney will announce his intentions to run for a political office. (and this)

The main presidential candidates will be Hillary Clinton and Rudy Giuliani. Giuliani however will lose some steam when it's revealed he was part of financially immoral activities (embezzlement?). This revelation however wont do enough damage to keep the race from being close.

Crackdown 2 will be announced/revealed.

A Heroes movies or new series chronicling the original heroes will be annouced. Also, Hayden Panettiere will quit the show. Shortly after she will be in two fairly notable but largely unsuccessful movies.

The Watchmen movie comes out in December and is a huge hit.

Tiger Woods is injured in a major car accident, jeapordizing his career at least temporarily.

Vladimir Putin is linked to numerous murders but despite attempts, is not ousted from power.

A security threat/scare will take place at Chicago O'Hare airport as well as Heathrow (London) and Charles de Gaulle International (France).

I will reach 10,000 posts and Wubb will overtake me in gamer points.

Jamie Lynn Spears will have a baby (oh wait)

I 2nd the Heroes movie

Writers strike will last until April/May, shows will be back for Fall 08 season

EA will buy the moon

At least 2 new SKU for the PS3 will come out

Guns N Roses's "Chinese Democracy" will not come out

Neither will Duke Nuke Em forever

Nintendo will announce Wii with HD capabilities/Wii 2

First game for NEXT gen systems will be shown

New ipods will come out, Ipod touch will come in 16 GB/32 GB

In 12/08, Toshiba will give into the BDA and stop producing HD DVDs

[quote name='TimPV3']Oh come on[/QUOTE]
It's been 2 years since 360 came out, it will be 3 by the end of 08. The xbox had a 4 year life span.

What's so far fetched?

The US will be victums of a major terrorist attack in August or Sept. Bush will suspend the constitution, and cancel the Nov election.

[quote name='anomynous']It's been 2 years since 360 came out, it will be 3 by the end of 08. The xbox had a 4 year life span.

What's so far fetched?[/quote]
It had a 4 year life span because it got spanked marketshare wise and was out billions with no end in sight.

The 360 is in a much more favorable position on both those counts, so you can expect a longer lifespan. Starting over means its back in the hole again, and I dont think anyone wants that.

And now my prediction:

- Everyone holds their current standing as far as console marketshare.

- Analysts will continue to trumpet a comeback by the PS3, despite there being absolutely no sign of this for the duration of the year. "Wait till 2008" becomes "wait till 2009"

One prediction and one prediction only: Jeff Hardy will win one of the three world titles in WWE. That's all that needs to happen :)

[quote name='horrido']The US will be victums of a major terrorist attack in August or Sept. Bush will suspend the constitution, and cancel the Nov election.[/QUOTE]

You do realize that real life isn't like the movies, correct? The president can't just up and decide to cancel the constitution on a whim.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You do realize that real life isn't like the movies, correct? The president can't just up and decide to cancel the constitution on a whim.[/quote]

You do realise that he can suspend the elections within the provisions of legislation that was passed this summer.

[quote name='horrido']You do realise that he can suspend the elections within the provisions of legislation that was passed this summer.[/QUOTE]

Riiiggghht.

Cite?

Predictions:

Clinton will square off against Romney for the Presidency. And Romney will win.

Significant troop reductions in Iraq by end of 2008.

Ayman Al-Zawahiri will be killed/captured, but Bin Laden will remain at large.

Your 2008 Super Bowl winners: The New England Patriots.

Your 2008 NBA Champions: The Phoenix Suns.

Your 2008 MLB Champions: The Boston Red Sox (again).

My predictions....

Im gonna get some pussy.

Im gonna masterbate to pr0n.

Im gonna spend more money on games than I rightfully should.

Someone on CAG will post something about the following-
*circuit city sucks
*GS/EB games suck
*ask for gf advice

Ill think of more later.

[quote name='Will']My predictions....

Im gonna get some pussy.

Im gonna masterbate to pr0n.

Im gonna spend more money on games than I rightfully should.

[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^I predict #2 will overtake the others. ^^^^^^

My other predictions:
Stock market drops 12%...mass hysteria.

Real estate continues to drop another 15%.

Household credit card debt increases 3%.

Gas will finally reach $4 per gallon.

conan_in_the_year_2000.png

* Al Gore will make a surprise entry into the presidential race... and win!
* Sega will shock the gaming world with the all-new Dreamcast 2!
* Fox will bring back a previously cancelled TV series... possibly, Firefly.
* Rejuvenated by the return of Mike Bibby and Kevin Martin, the Sacramento Kings will go on a tremendous run in the NBA Playoffs.

I predict that Vs Forum stuff will end up in the prediction thread (oh shit, already happened)

Your celebrity/sports deaths:
Mel Brooks
John Wooden
Billy Graham
Fidel Castro
The remaining US WWI vets
Margaret Thatcher
Kirk Douglas
Richard Attenborough
Donald Sutherland

Your sports champions:
NBA-Boston
NFL-Green Bay
MLB-Cubs
NHL-no one will care

[quote name='Maklershed']It's that time of year .. time to try to predict what will happen next year. The previous threads can be found below:

Try to predict events that will occur in 2007

Try to predict events that will occur in 2006

So have it .. make many predictions (if you throw enough shit at a wall, some of it is bound to stick).

Suggested prediction categories:

Sports - who will win various national championships

Natural disasters - where and when will they occur

Politics - who will be elected, thrown out of office, be part of a scandal, etc

Celebrities/notable figures - marriages, deaths, etc

Randomness - odd trends or news story (i.e. water on mars)

My predictions are as follows:

XM and Sirius merger will finally be approved.

Colored/customizable Wiis will be available or announced. (keeping hope alive on this)

George Clooney will announce his intentions to run for a political office. (and this)

The main presidential candidates will be Hillary Clinton and Rudy Giuliani. Giuliani however will lose some steam when it's revealed he was part of financially immoral activities (embezzlement?). This revelation however wont do enough damage to keep the race from being close.

Crackdown 2 will be announced/revealed.

A Heroes movies or new series chronicling the original heroes will be annouced. Also, Hayden Panettiere will quit the show. Shortly after she will be in two fairly notable but largely unsuccessful movies.

The Watchmen movie comes out in December and is a huge hit.

Tiger Woods is injured in a major car accident, jeapordizing his career at least temporarily.

Vladimir Putin is linked to numerous murders but despite attempts, is not ousted from power.

A security threat/scare will take place at Chicago O'Hare airport as well as Heathrow (London) and Charles de Gaulle International (France).

I will reach 10,000 posts and Wubb will overtake me in gamer points.[/quote]
I predict I will kill you...better start running.

I'm fucked now. Raptor Jesus is after me. Hey, RJ, I met you at a town hall meeting a year or two ago. It impacted my life greatly so I depicted it in this painting:

I predict that our confrontation will play out much like the ending of Jurassic Park 1...except this time I have the power of the Holy SPIRIT on my side. Basically ur fuckED

Ooooohhh, my favorite topic.

The New England Patriots will be undefeated but will lose in the one and only game that matters: the Super Bowl.

EDIT 2/3/2008: I called it! I fuckING CALLED IT. They did NOT win the Super Bowl! HaHA!

A game on the portables will win Game of the Year.

Despite the releases of Final Fantasy XIII and Guns of the Patriots, the PS3 will slip even deeper further into third place.

Boston Red Sox will be the main (only?) "superpower" in baseball.

Even more, bigger celebrities will star in video games (possible due to the writer's strike perhaps).

If Barack Obama does get the Democratic nomination, his choice for Vice President will be......Oprah Winfrey.

There will be a mass shooting- on the set of a major production (TV show, movie, etc).

Cloverfield will be nowhere near as successful as everyone thinks it'll be.

Similar to radio, and thanks to websites like Youtube, Liveleak, Peekvid, Dailymotion, etc, 70% of all TV stations will be broadcast online, giving even more reason to quit your cable box and satellite dish. (Internet television FTW!)

Dodgers Make it to the world series

Chargers Make it to the Superbowl

Mavs win the NBA championship

Led Zeppelin will tour North America, not just festivals

A politician will be assassinated.
A CAG will get killed.
A major company will lose a powerful leader in their company.
The American Dollar will drop.
The American Dollar will rise.
The Canadian Dollar will drop.
The Canadian Dollar will rise.
Quebec will secede from Canada.
A G8 country will be victims of a terrorist attack.
Ron Paul will decide to run as an independent.
Casey Aldridge isn't the father of Jamie Lynn Spears' baby.
Jamie Lynn Spears will have an abortion.
Jamie Lynn Spears will have a miscarraige.
An underaged actress will have a sex tape released.
New England Patriots win the Super Bowl.
LSU wins the BCS title game.
Phoenix Suns win the NBA title.

Robin Williams will become president after a late entry.
Kelsey Grammer will win Times Man of the Year.
Howie Mandel's soul patch will be a sketch on Late Night w/ Conan O'Brian
Atlanta Falcons will win a game.
Hugh Hefner will die, leaving Larry King to fill his place.
A kid will mail his aunt an envelope full of buggers after receiving another supid throw pillow for Chirstmas.

Okay here's my predictions:

- New England Patriots will win the Super Bowl.
- Bret Farve retires.
- The war between Bluray and HD-DVD will continue past 2008.
- Pink Floyd will do an "unexpected" reunion tour.
- Some internet radio show will return.
- Bono will die.
- John Cena will return then reinjure himself all in the same night.
- The writers strike will end sometime in 2008.
- Cavemen will get the axe finally.
- Super Smash Bros Melee will finally be released.
- The Nintendo Wii will still remain a pain in the ass to find even during Christmas 2008.
- Obama will become President.

Yay my turn!

Sports:
- the Patriots will lose by the AFC championships followed by Moss going in a tantrum
- Miami will win at least 4 games
- The Chargers will win their first playoff game since 1994
- Marty Schottenheimer will return as the head coach of an NFL team (perhaps Atlanta?)
- Greenbay will reach the Superbowl
- Bret Farve will at least start the football season
- A big name QB will have season ending surgery (i'm thinking shoulder)
- The Mitchel Report will do little to nothing and will cause more harm to baseball than it will help
- Cam Cameron will still have his job in Miami (my sports stretch)

Entertainment/Technology:
- A new game system will be announced (possibly by a company with no system ever before)
- Gamestop will be involved in some large scandle
- At least one heavily hyped game and movie will be a major dissapointment to almost everyone
- By the end of the year, the HD format war will be completely decided (either one winning or a permenant stalemate)
- A current/former teen star/idol will be found dead
- Earthworm Jim will make an appearance as either a cameo or his own game (announced at least)
- Facebook will sell addtional portions to a large company
- Wombat will become a permenant blogger for UGO
- Manaknight will be banned and then reinstated (again)
- A new ipod and macbook will come out
- Some band that hasn't had a hit for at least 10 years will have a top 10 single (i'm thinking Presidents of the United States of America)
- A major comic-based movie will be announced at Comic-Con
- E for all Expo will happen again, but never after that
- Another Actor/Comedian will go on a racial tirade (possibly while drunk). I'm thinking it will be a black dude talking about mexicans
- The writers' strike will continue through at least April putting the Fall lineup into question

Politics/News:
- Bush will make another ill-advised move that will be argued by both fools and schollars alike
- Gas will hit a $4.25/Gallon with little to no explanation of why
- 2 international leaders will be killed in one action (be it a crash or assination)
- A Democrat will win the whitehouse
- Ron Paul will not get a single electorial vote
- Hillary will not be the Democratic nominee (hopeful thinking)
- An amendment will be removed/added to the Constitution
- The US will be involved in an international conflict (thinking Iran or N. Korea)
- A major Credit company will go under
- There will be little to no progress in Iraq (hoping i'm wrong)

gotta love my shit on the wall method of predictions ;)

--Maklershed makes a "Try and predict events that will occur in 2009" thread
--Tigerthecat gets banned
--Mega_Noobzor gets banned
--Pepsiman returns another two or three times and gets banned each and everytime

Duke Nukem Forever will be released (!)
Rock Band 2 will be released.
New England Patriots will win the Super Bowl
I will hopefully get laid.
Some people in the world will die
Some will be born
I will spend money I don't really have.

I am running out of good predictions.

Here's my reach- There will be a 6/8 core CPU released, or a PPU (Physics Processor Unit)...lawl

--The Large Hadron Collider at CERN finally enters operation and confirms the existence of the Higgs Boson, and is then put to use testing String Theory
--Adamska2020 gets banned

[quote name='joe2187']^
l
l
l

Will have a better understanding of STD's:booty:[/quote]Rofl... by the same girl I've been banging for 3 years, and prolly the rest of my life.

Brian Westbrook wins NFC MVP (if Favre has two inconsistant games to finish out the season.)

bread's done
Back