tsilon.ca - $99 Nintendo 3DS

[quote name='smallsharkbigbite']with such limited quantities, I'm glad I didn't waste my time chasing my tail on their site.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know the codes were in limited quantities, fuck I might as well just buy a 3DS straight out rather than waste my time playing games up to 200% or whatever.

Looks like there's 250 free games being given out next week, and more free game opportunities later in the year. Seems like thisAI is still figuring out the best way to reward the community members. At least there's 60 more $99 3DS codes to give away, I missed the last two days. :(

[quote name='TOLeafs']I joined on Thursday. I leveled up to 18 by Saturday with trivia and daily questions. I got my challenge completed the next day by beating Monkey Island.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's pretty quick. I'm stuck at Level 18 at the moment, need to beat the Tiny Tower or Wii Sports challenge to advance. These challenges are getting me to play a wide range of games, some of which I wouldn't normally consider investing too much time in.

[quote name='paulhunter']Sorry, not my intent. I just wanted people to be aware of the deal, check it out if you want (or not). I first heard about the site over on RedFlagDeals (long thread here) and just wanted people to know about the $99 3DS deal. If you're not interested, that's fine.[/QUOTE]

Hey everyone,

Let me start off by quickly introducing myself, I'm Paul Hunter, the founder of the Canadian video game website www.nextgenplayer.com. I was approached by the owners of this website and they gave me the lowdown on the G-List:

http://www.nextgenplayer.com/2012/01...snolistca.html

They've anointed me as the sole media outlet whom they will speak to. If anybody has questions they'd like me to ask them please let me know and I'll post a follow-up.

The owner of this website pointed out some perks members of the G-List have already received, and a hot deal that's in the works. Check the post for full details.

Thanks!
Paul

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/sony-playstation-3d-display-bundle-95-g-list-1117360/34/#post14093898

Site looks decent though, can't be bothered with figuring out the puzzles.

[quote name='Jokerkun890']http://forums.redflagdeals.com/sony-playstation-3d-display-bundle-95-g-list-1117360/34/#post14093898

Site looks decent though, can't be bothered with figuring out the puzzles.[/QUOTE]

Definitely not hiding the fact that I am a video game journalist, the very first post on this thread links to articles clearly stating me as the author. The guys who run this Tsilon.ca website emailed in mid-December with a mysterious message and a link to that RFD post. I initially was skeptic and dismissed the site. Three weeks later the owners of the site asked if I wanted to meet them and get an overview of the website, which I did, and ended up thinking it was pretty cool, especially since it was Canadian-exclusive. I didn't bother going into detail about the connection here because I didn't think it's important (I have no stake in this website whatsoever). Just want people to know there are some good deals to be found on Tsilon.ca, check out the site if you want (or not).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'VE DONE IT

I must have died well over 1000 times on Mirror Mode alone. I almost gave up during some of the K levels. I spent hundreds and hundreds of banana coins on extra lives.

BUT I DID IT

FINALLY

[quote name='paulhunter']Dude, you're an animal! haha. Don't you have to beat the entire game, 100%, and then you have to do the same thing in Mirror Mode? If you do this I'll be pretty impressed. I'm taking the easy route, doing the Tiny Tower challenge with a little Wii Sports Tennis on the side, lol.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Derfel']I'VE DONE IT

I must have died well over 1000 times on Mirror Mode alone. I almost gave up during some of the K levels. I spent hundreds and hundreds of banana coins on extra lives.

BUT I DID IT

FINALLY[/QUOTE]

Wow, good job man!! That's 1900 Exp + a 1up for you. That's sure to put you up a level and hopefully set you up for future perks. I completed the Tiny Tower challenge today, but that's only 800 Exp, which means I'm still stuck at Level 18. I tried for the $99 3DS but didn't get one. Still 40 left...*fingers crossed*

[quote name='paulhunter']Definitely not hiding the fact that I am a video game journalist, the very first post on this thread links to articles clearly stating me as the author. The guys who run this Tsilon.ca website emailed in mid-December with a mysterious message and a link to that RFD post. I initially was skeptic and dismissed the site. Three weeks later the owners of the site asked if I wanted to meet them and get an overview of the website, which I did, and ended up thinking it was pretty cool, especially since it was Canadian-exclusive. I didn't bother going into detail about the connection here because I didn't think it's important (I have no stake in this website whatsoever). Just want people to know there are some good deals to be found on Tsilon.ca, check out the site if you want (or not).[/QUOTE]

You write for one of Futureshop's blogs and all of tsilon's prizes have also been redeemable through Futureshop (clearly there's some sort of partnership). I dunno, seems like you're just being coy about the whole thing ;)

[quote name='Eoyote']You write for one of Futureshop's blogs and all of tsilon's prizes have also been redeemable through Futureshop (clearly there's some sort of partnership). I dunno, seems like you're just being coy about the whole thing ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm in no way connected to the operation of this Tsilon website, also not an employee of Future Shop. I'm a contributor to their Tech Blog. I've sent emails to the Tsilon founders, Future Shop and Sony asking who's running this and nobody is coming forward with information. I would love to know what's going on with this.

My hunch is that this is a product of Greedy Productions, Victor Lucas's company, with Future Shop as a sponsor, but even still I'm guessing.

I really don't have more insights to add to that, unfortunately.

With only 250 free games to go around I wonder what happened to them stating something along the lines of "if 1000 members qualify then we'll give away 1000 games". Nice little bait and switch by them to increase traffic, I guess :roll:

[quote name='Eoyote']With only 250 free games to go around I wonder what happened to them stating something along the lines of "if 1000 members qualify then we'll give away 1000 games". Nice little bait and switch by them to increase traffic, I guess :roll:[/QUOTE]

The site's administrator, thisAI, said a few days ago that less than 250 people were currently eligible. Perhaps now there are more since people are scrambling. To ensure that every active member gets a free game, thisAI said that the current total "may rise" if more than 250 become eligible, and also that there will be a second free game perk in the coming months. Considering how fair thisAI has been to date, I don't expect there will be many, if any, qualifying members who don't get the free game perk. I wrote all the details in a blog post last night if anyone is interested.

Decided to go ahead and try my luck, after about 15 mins of fiddling around I manged to get in. PM me if you want 4 answers to get in, wont reply to any CAG newbies though.

Edit: Codes got changed, good luck finding them.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='maigoyume']Decided to go ahead and try my luck, after about 15 mins of fiddling around I manged to get in. PM me if you want 4 answers to get in, wont reply to any CAG newbies though.[/QUOTE]

You honestly think it'll make a difference? RFD will rape all good things, as per usual. I bet there's people spending hours and hours making all sorts of different accounts to win stuff, not knowing that the time spent just working could buy stuff.

[quote name='kathos']You honestly think it'll make a difference? RFD will rape all good things, as per usual. I bet there's people spending hours and hours making all sorts of different accounts to win stuff, not knowing that the time spent just working could buy stuff.[/QUOTE]

I think the way this reward system has been set-up will cut out most people looking to game the system. The main way you gain levels on this site is through completing video game challenges, many of which are extremely difficult to accomplish or take a lot of time to complete. Also, you submit your completed challenges using your gamertag, which means it's impossible to submit twice using the same gamertag on Tsilon two accounts. In order to create multiple accounts you'd have to create multiple gamertags, and complete the same challenge once on each account. It would be a serious investment of time to game this system.

Didn't Derfel just mention getting a ton of exp with Donkey Kong, a game clearly lacking gamertags. I think I heard of challenges for Final Fantasy 4 and such too, simply requiring you to take a screenshot with a camera and submitting it. There's no reason you couldn't take 12 slightly different pictures when you beat a challege.

Seems pretty easy to abuse once you figure out the 4 current answers to get in, and spam a bunch of accounts...

[quote name='drakaenae']Can anyone give me hints for blue and green?
edit:just green now[/QUOTE]

If you still need help I'll be online in a couple of hours and can help.

Let me know.

[quote name='paulhunter']If you still need help I'll be online in a couple of hours and can help.

Let me know.[/QUOTE]
thanks, figured it out

[quote name='maigoyume']Boo don't have this game

Hrm actually I wonder if the DS version counts?[/QUOTE]

Any version counts... I used iOS

[quote name='maigoyume']Just submitted, let's see what happens.[/QUOTE]

I used Tetris for 3DS. As long as you're in Marathon mode you should be good. I remember thisAI talking about DS being an acceptable platform to submit.

[quote name='Nukkus']i'mma use the oldschool version on my gba.[/QUOTE]

LOL nice. I wish I had one. I ended up having to choose between Tetris for DS or 3DS. 3DS won. Would be nice to go retro though.

This is probably the easiest challenge since Cut The Rope.

I did the Tetris one on iOS, took about 20 minutes. Pretty simple. And I finally finished my 30th floor in Tiny Tower! Started Monday, and the last 10 floors or so felt like a serious grind. The game was actually kind of addictive, but it's nice to not have to look at it for a while now.

[quote name='cswloo']I did the Tetris one on iOS, took about 20 minutes. Pretty simple. And I finally finished my 30th floor in Tiny Tower! Started Monday, and the last 10 floors or so felt like a serious grind. The game was actually kind of addictive, but it's nice to not have to look at it for a while now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree! I finished my tower recently and I closed the game and hope not to see it for a few weeks. Very annoying have to grind so fast.

[quote name='gamer602']How to upload pictures?

Photo Bucket?

any way want to post a step by step guide?[/QUOTE]

I used http://imgur.com/ to store my pics. Just uploaded from my computer, and when the upload was done click on the image of the photo you just uploaded. It'll bring up a separate popup. The link you want is the "Direct Link (IM & Email), which is a direct link to the .png file, in my case.

Open the tsilon site, login and go to challenges. Select the challenge you want to submit for, and the card will spin around. Click the camera icon & a text field will appear with 'paste photo url here'. Paste the direct url to your image in the text box and click 'Submit'.

That's it. It says it'll take up to 24hrs to approve your submission and award you the points, though mine today took maybe around 4hrs before I got the points. You'll know you got the points for it, when you sign in again later, there is a box in the lower right that'll say something like 'completed challenge X, [num]XP awarded'.

[quote name='gamer602']How to upload pictures?

Photo Bucket?

any way want to post a step by step guide?[/QUOTE]

I just upload the photos to Twitter and send Tsilon.ca the image link. I hear most people use imgur though.

[quote name='maigoyume']I used photobucket myself, took the pic with my phone and uploaded it.[/QUOTE]

Once i submit, I refresh the message and get this message:

Photo submission is a local machine link. thisAI requires link to image on a photo hosting site. Re-submit upon amendment!

Even though I AM USING imgur......

I'm not sure what could be causing the problem, but I don't know a lot about Macs either. Have you tried using a different browser, maybe?

[quote name='gamer602']if i send you my passcode and login and the pics...are you willing to submit for me?

urgh this is painful...[/QUOTE]Toss me a PM with details and nope don't own any apple products, still using my sexy mp3 player being held together by a rubber band.

Ok.. so I signed up for this Tsilon thing , but I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do at all... There are no instructions, nothing.. It just says to enter the clue, and no other information at all... how the fuck?

[quote name='CACG']Ok.. so I signed up for this Tsilon thing , but I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do at all... There are no instructions, nothing.. It just says to enter the clue, and no other information at all... how the fuck?[/QUOTE]

It's supposed to give off that random vibe. You have to go to each minisite for the clue. Each site is different and gives the clue to the actual clue on the header.

[quote name='CACG']I have absolutely no clue what to do for Gren aid and Yelo dyne =\ frustrating..[/QUOTE]

For Yelodyne, you have to match the control buttons to the console. Once you get it right, it takes you to the twitter page which has the clue. You just have to decipher it.

As for Grenaid, I think the clue is the answer to this: 'Those who see things Black and White, or the world as though it was a Fable may be able to solve it quickly'.

[quote name='TOLeafs']For Yelodyne, you have to match the control buttons to the console. Once you get it right, it takes you to the twitter page which has the clue. You just have to decipher it.

As for Grenaid, I think the clue is the answer to this: 'Those who see things Black and White, or the world as though it was a Fable may be able to solve it quickly'.[/QUOTE]

They updated the Grenaid clue, I figured it out with a friend over the weekend. The new clue is at the very bottom (look at the text in the background).

They just announced that they've obtained more codes (500 total) which is more than enough for all currently eligible members. They have also stated that there will be future free game redemptions as well, though there is a limit of one per member per year.

[quote name='Eoyote']With only 250 free games to go around I wonder what happened to them stating something along the lines of "if 1000 members qualify then we'll give away 1000 games". Nice little bait and switch by them to increase traffic, I guess :roll:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TOLeafs']For Yelodyne, you have to match the control buttons to the console. Once you get it right, it takes you to the twitter page which has the clue. You just have to decipher it.
[/QUOTE]

wtf is that supposed to mean? all I need is yelodyne.. I thought it's supposed to have something to do with the binary code...
edit: nothing happens when I match the control buttons with the consoles, the screen just goes black

Have you tried "antipode"? That was the yellow code I used.

On another note, Tetris is seriously ruining my life. Closest I got was 96 lines.

bread's done
Back