Two Worlds 2 Velvet Edition (Xbox 360) 50% off from Amazon

pofigster

CAGiversary!
I just noticed this and I don't know if this has already been posted or not, but right now on Amazon you can get Two Worlds 2 (for Xbox 360) Velvet Game of the Year edition for 50% off ($25).

Link to the product is below. Instructions are to use the promo code TOPWARE2 at checkout - it needs to be sold by Topware Interactive (fulfilled by Amazon is OK). This is Prime eligible. The details say get 50% off when you buy 1 or more items from Topware. I don't know if this is a mistake or intentional, but it worked for me.

http://www.amazon.com/Two-Worlds-II..._4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1329483219&sr=1-4

Just received my 360 GOTY Royal Edition!
It is complete. However the artbook is a softcover book, not a hardbook. The playing cards came wrapped and not in a card box. The map and mousepad are there. The bonus DVD disc came in a paper sleeve. The game itself is in PAL format and contains the Pirate expansion pack. The statue, pedestal and staff are in perfect condition. The outer box has one ding in it on the left side but is not very noticible. Overall, for $30, I would say it was a bargain. I look forward to playing the Pirate expansion, as I understand it is a complete game in itself.
I am currently playing the game on the PS3. It is fun and easy to play, however, I noticed a lot of pop in and at times it doesn't run smoothly. I am also playing Skyrim on the PS3 and it runs much smoother in comparison.
Good luck to everyone that ordered this edition!!!

How is everyone's experience with collectors editions like this being shipped via USPS? My prime had expired when I ordered this so I had to choose the free shipping.

[quote name='deantjeep']Just received my 360 GOTY Royal Edition!
It is complete. However the artbook is a softcover book, not a hardbook. The playing cards came wrapped and not in a card box. The map and mousepad are there. The bonus DVD disc came in a paper sleeve. The game itself is in PAL format and contains the Pirate expansion pack. The statue, pedestal and staff are in perfect condition. The outer box has one ding in it on the left side but is not very noticible. Overall, for $30, I would say it was a bargain. I look forward to playing the Pirate expansion, as I understand it is a complete game in itself.
I am currently playing the game on the PS3. It is fun and easy to play, however, I noticed a lot of pop in and at times it doesn't run smoothly. I am also playing Skyrim on the PS3 and it runs much smoother in comparison.
Good luck to everyone that ordered this edition!!![/QUOTE]

Just because I'm curious, did the Royal repack include the bonus DLC items - Weapons and Armor? I was thinking of picking that up too... I ordered a Velvet copy which is coming tomorrow, and I'm liking what I've read so far about the Royal.

the royal goty repack is sold out. whats left on amazon is the regular royal ed without the pirates dlc.

and i just want to add that i am enjoying the pirates dlc even more than regular two worlds 2.

[quote name='Kytona']Just because I'm curious, did the Royal repack include the bonus DLC items - Weapons and Armor? I was thinking of picking that up too... I ordered a Velvet copy which is coming tomorrow, and I'm liking what I've read so far about the Royal.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kytona']Just because I'm curious, did the Royal repack include the bonus DLC items - Weapons and Armor? I was thinking of picking that up too... I ordered a Velvet copy which is coming tomorrow, and I'm liking what I've read so far about the Royal.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I forgot to add that it did come with the codes for the other DLC items, other than the Pirates expansion.

Well my Royal edition GOTY did NOT come complete. It was missing the book and the case for the bonus disk. Got a 30% off discount from amazon which turned into 18 dollars for some reason. So I guess the statue+GOTY game+the other extra things isn't bad for $10. Peeved that it was missing the items though (although I ever read any of the artbooks that come with my CEs).

[quote name='kevinc23']How is everyone's experience with collectors editions like this being shipped via USPS? My prime had expired when I ordered this so I had to choose the free shipping.[/QUOTE]

It's USPS so your neighbor may enjoy it starting in June.

[quote name='technicalstylez']the royal goty repack is sold out. whats left on amazon is the regular royal ed without the pirates dlc.

and i just want to add that i am enjoying the pirates dlc even more than regular two worlds 2.[/QUOTE]

fuck I didn't realize there was a GOTY Royal and a regular Royal. I would have liked to get the Pirates DLC.

Anyway, my regular Royal arrived yesterday. Haven't opened it up, but all this repack and scratched DVD talk has me nervous. The shrink wrap was separated at the top, so I don't know if that means it was a hack shrink wrap job. Guess I'll open it up tonight and hope for the best.

Got mine yesterday! Cant believe the amount of content in the royal GOTY edition it had. Sold my old two worlds to a friend for 10 bucks. so only paid 20 for this basically. :)

Also very happy that the GOTY (PAL) edition was compatible with my game save.

Got my PC collectors edition in yesterday. Definitely a repack, you can tell by the shitty shrink wrap job on the box, but everything was there. The bonus disc was loose but not scratched. The actual game case was not shrink wrapped but i'm assuming the code inside is good. Statue was in new condition. Pretty good deal for $20 IMO.

Yeah looks like a repack, so not "new" but everything works fine.

For whatever reason we had to go to 1024x760 video setting because on the bottom left we couldn't read what it was telling us for button settings. I'm guessing this is a issue with all Pal games played on xbox?

Either way its worth it for the DLC alone cuz that's $25 on XBL lol But wish they would have stated these were used copies.

***NINJA EDIT*** After further review I am upset about two things: The bonus code on the back of the manual doesn't seem to work, and I'm also missing the pirate pin.

Contacted Amazon CS and awaiting a reply. Also they should have just labeled the product used at this rate. Still OK with the purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
the code works- its not for xbox marketplace though, its an in game code.
when you're playing, you press pause and theres an option to enter code. the code is for a bonus weapon/armor of some sorts- there are lots of different codes. you have to be atleast level 11 to equip the given item.
annnnnd, the royal goty doesn't come with the pirates pin- only the velvet ed does. so put on a happy face. :)

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Yeah looks like a repack, so not "new" but everything works fine.

For whatever reason we had to go to 1024x760 video setting because on the bottom left we couldn't read what it was telling us for button settings. I'm guessing this is a issue with all Pal games played on xbox?

Either way its worth it for the DLC alone cuz that's $25 on XBL lol But wish they would have stated these were used copies.

***NINJA EDIT*** After further review I am upset about two things: The bonus code on the back of the manual doesn't seem to work, and I'm also missing the pirate pin.

Contacted Amazon CS and awaiting a reply. Also they should have just labeled the product used at this rate. Still OK with the purchase.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']the code works- its not for xbox marketplace though, its an in game code.
when you're playing, you press pause and theres an option to enter code. the code is for a bonus weapon/armor of some sorts- there are lots of different codes. you have to be atleast level 11 to equip the given item.
annnnnd, the royal goty doesn't come with the pirates pin- only the velvet ed does. so put on a happy face. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got the Velvet One, so my bad. I tried the code in game and entered it multiple times. Was level 2 and no items.

Thanks for the help though

no prob. weird that your velvet ed was a repack- general consensus here/from topware is that only the royal eds were repacked. mine arrived sealed.. guess i'd be mad too if mine was missing the pin. oh you can google two worlds 2 goty bonus codes and you should be able to find plenty

I contacted TopWare the other day and they said Amazon was just holding back the Royal GotY 360 versions in their warehouse. They said they were working with Amazon to get them released and up for sale. When that happened, they emailed me again and said I could go order. Very cool of them. Just got my Royal GotY edition today!

I received my 360 GOTY Royal Edition and it came with a softcover artbook. Anyone else get a softcover book? Did your velvet edition come with a hardcover book?

[quote name='deantjeep']I received my 360 GOTY Royal Edition and it came with a softcover artbook. Anyone else get a softcover book? Did your velvet edition come with a hardcover book?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, mine was a soft cover book (on my PC collectors Ed).

The velvet edition doesn't come with an art book. Only the game, special box, bonus disc, map, and a pin.

Received mine today. Outer-case was previously opened; inner was untouched. If anyone's interested in the statue, I'll ship it your way for the cost of shipping. I'm on the fence with tossing it, but I know someone on here will be interested.

Shoot me a PM if you want the thing. I also have the art-book if you would like that as well (it's actually quite shitty :D )

pm'ed

[quote name='thehoweller']Received mine today. Outer-case was previously opened; inner was untouched. If anyone's interested in the statue, I'll ship it your way for the cost of shipping. I'm on the fence with tossing it, but I know someone on here will be interested.[/QUOTE]

Opened my regular Royal Edition yesterday. The box looks like it was delivered by Jim Carrey from the first Ace Ventura. Completely ripped apart and dented, which caused the statue to be loose. Thankfully, it wasn't broken, but I'll have to find some other way to store the other goodies.

All in all, if I had to do it over again, I'd probably go with the more compact Velvet edition.

Got my velvet edition yesterday and it was in great shape. Of course my daughter had to have the pirate pin, she also wanted the velvet book case it came in but I wouldn't part with that :)

Heres why Amazon rocks:

FULL refund for the order! I told them about my issues and they gave me $25 credit towards anything on Amazon. Basically got the game for free. Was NOT expecting that, but thats why Amazon has the best customer service online. Period.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Heres why Amazon rocks:

FULL refund for the order! I told them about my issues and they gave me $25 credit towards anything on Amazon. Basically got the game for free. Was NOT expecting that, but thats why Amazon has the best customer service online. Period.[/QUOTE]

Full refund? Did you get the royal edition ? What was missing?

FWIW, the codes are entered in game. The ones you get with the Royal Edition are entered in the base game (obviously) while the one you get from the Velvet Edition will only work in the expansion. If you try to enter it in the original campaign it will not work.

[quote name='Motoki']FWIW, the codes are entered in game. The ones you get with the Royal Edition are entered in the base game (obviously) while the one you get from the Velvet Edition will only work in the expansion. If you try to enter it in the original campaign it will not work.[/QUOTE]

Ah ha that was the problem!

Also my copy was Velvet GOTY, not Royal Edition GOTY. I didn't ask Amazon for any amount back they just credited me without question. Amazon is awesome.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Ah ha that was the problem!

Also my copy was Velvet GOTY, not Royal Edition GOTY. I didn't ask Amazon for any amount back they just credited me without question. Amazon is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Lucky bastard. My Royal Edition GOTY came today. Looked new from the outside until I opened it up. Bonus disc was inside the sleeve but scratched to hell and my statue was loose in the box and her arm was broken off.

Contacted Amazon and they offered either a $6 refund and I keep the item or a prepaid shipping label for the return. I tried to talk him up but "Mohammed" said he couldn't offer more than a $10 refund if I kept the item. So back it goes as the statue was pretty much the best collectible item.

My statue's arm came off at the shoulder. It looked like that was how the statue was assembled. I just stuck it back into the shoulder socket.

[quote name='rogue_one']My statue's arm came off at the shoulder. It looked like that was how the statue was assembled. I just stuck it back into the shoulder socket.[/QUOTE]

Well I'll be damned. It does just stick right back into the socket. Thanks for the input as I was able to go back to Amazon and get a $10 promotional credit since the bonus disc and statue display box were still scratched to high heaven.

Much appreciated! :D

finally got mine. Everything looks good and the bonus dvd came in a sleever. I was a little dissapointed b/c I looked at some unboxing videos and the original artbook is a hardcover, the playing cards are suppose to have a case, and the foldout that the bonus dvd comes in looks quite nice. But wat can u expect for 25

[quote name='soccerboy09']finally got mine. Everything looks good and the bonus dvd came in a sleever. I was a little dissapointed b/c I looked at some unboxing videos and the original artbook is a hardcover, the playing cards are suppose to have a case, and the foldout that the bonus dvd comes in looks quite nice. But wat can u expect for 25[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, I got my Royal edition over a year ago when it was first made available in the US and I paid $100 for it and I still didn't get the hardcover art book or playing card case. I think that was from some German version or something. I don't even know if that version ever made it to the states. The one I got was in one of the very first batches they shipped from here.

I still think it was worth it though. There's a lot of stuff there and it's a better deal than some of crazy nonsense going on lately like EA doing 'digital deluxe editions' of PC games for $80 that don't even have any physical extras. :p

At $25 though I think this CE is a steal.

I am with you Motoki this is one of my favorite ce's and I have about 30. My Royal edition came Friday. I love the statue and mousepad though its not as cool as the one that came with Record of Agarest War. I was kind of surprised at how nice the actual box itself was. Thanks OP and Cag nice addition to my collection.

Thanks for clarifying Motoki. I have about 25 Collectors and yes i would put this one close to my top 5. Its just being a collector sometimes i like to nitpick the contents. But when I opened mine this afternoon I was pleasantly suprised at the state of the contents. I was questioning my self if it was a repack or actually a new copy since everything was immaculate compared to some peoples packages.

And exhausted I agree also. Its nice to have a collcetors where ur proud to display the box. I love the foldout artwork.

[quote name='Wontwin']Got my Royal today, Everything looks great![/QUOTE]

Got my Royal today, and everything looks okay. It's not in perfect condition for collector purposes, but it'll do for the price. (I actually tried to track down a PC collector's edition when Gamestop put it on clearance a while ago but couldn't find one).

I did receive the PAL version, but since I'm not planning to play it on a standard definition tv, I can live with it. With the Pirates expansion included, I'm happy to pay $30 for a console port C.E. in decent shape.

i forgot that pal wasn't supposed to work with standard def, but for some reason this game -two worlds 2 goty edition- works perfectly in my slim 360 thats hooked up to a 32" standard def monitor. weird.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']Got my Royal today, and everything looks okay. It's not in perfect condition for collector purposes, but it'll do for the price. (I actually tried to track down a PC collector's edition when Gamestop put it on clearance a while ago but couldn't find one).

I did receive the PAL version, but since I'm not planning to play it on a standard definition tv, I can live with it. With the Pirates expansion included, I'm happy to pay $30 for a console port C.E. in decent shape.[/QUOTE]

I got my GOY yesterday. The statue was loose but not broke and you can tell it's a repack. It's pretty funny that on the back of the box it says made in USA but it's a PAL version. I did put the game in my 360 and no problems.

Can anyone help clear something up for me?

It seems like a lot of people are opening up their Royal Editions and finding problems. Is this just with the Royal GOTY Ed. that comes with the DLC, or is it also with the standard Royal Ed.? I got the standard Royal Ed. and it looks to be in great shape, but the shrink wrap does look a bit messy. I was hoping to leave it sealed as a collectible, but if there is a chance that the contents aren't complete then its not much of a collectible. I'm mainly concerned with the box for the playing cards, bonus DVD case and whether or not the artbook is hardcover, since all of these things are shown on the back of the box.

Did anyone open a copy of the standard Royal Edition? How was it?

Thanks for the help:)

bread's done
Back