UFC Undisputed 3: CAGFC - Iiit's Tiiime! CAGFC41: KNOCKOUT! (Fights due by 8/18!)

Guys, with THQ - here's the problem. The UFC games aren't performing as expected.
UFC 2009 sold about 3.5 million, 2010 sold about 2.5 million, and ufc 3 only sold about 1 million! When you consider that they have to pay UFC licensing fees, they probably didn't make much money on UFC 3 and they're no doubt worried that a UFC 4 is too much of a gamble for them to afford. EA on the other hand can easily afford the gamble.

[quote name='Fearia']I'm available after 7 pm est each day. When are you available Urmomlikesme?[/QUOTE]

As am I. I'll be home and on in about 30 mins if you want to get this fight in today.

Edit: I don't know how to feel about the EA thing. If they do a quality job like with improvements a la FIFA then I will be very happy. If its just a rehash of the same game like madden then it makes me sad for the sport of MMA.

Oh, and this is why I am hesitant to be excited that EA is taking over...and I talked to Ultimate Matt about this too, but a lot of the times something is boasted as a new feature, something always breaks in the funniest ways imaginable.

Like this FIFA 12 video for example...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAR6I_T-uVc

Edit: Gotta love related videos, heres another one from Fifa 12:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYeEKKP3YU4

And as far as their other sports games, NHL is getting there as far as bad goes with straight up bad physics (sticks going thru legs and skates, puck going through a goalies glove, etc), NBA Elite didnt even come out, Madden seems to be getting worse and worse with bugs...

Oh, also, shotgunshine, sorry about not returning your message last night. I had my notifications turned off. I probably won't have any time to play tonight, but I can do either tomorrow or Wednesday any time before 9 PM EST. Just name a time.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Oh, also, shotgunshine, sorry about not returning your message last night. I had my notifications turned off. I probably won't have any time to play tonight, but I can do either tomorrow or Wednesday any time before 9 PM EST. Just name a time.[/QUOTE]

No worries. Tomorrow is good...hows about 4pm EST?

[quote name='Matt Young']I've got kburns, shotgunshine, and Hoochie this card. Can any or all of you guys play tomorrow afternoon?[/QUOTE]

What time do you have in mind?

[quote name='urmomlikesme']As am I. I'll be home and on in about 30 mins if you want to get this fight in today.

Edit: I don't know how to feel about the EA thing. If they do a quality job like with improvements a la FIFA then I will be very happy. If its just a rehash of the same game like madden then it makes me sad for the sport of MMA.[/QUOTE]

How about tomorrow around 7 PM EST?

[quote name='urmomlikesme']Ok I'll try to be on by that time. I'm usually on later at night[/QUOTE]

Kk. If you give me notice, we can push it back a few hours. Been sleeping a lot lately due to all the physical training. Always tired sucks.

Troy Alvarez | Matt Young | TKO | Round 2 at 1:12

Very fun match. It could've gone either way. We both rocked each other equal times(2) and landed close to the same strikes but for some reason his head damage was alot higher after the match was over and mine was only at 52%. Maybe I did more damage off of counters or something. Either way, excellent fight.

Pablo Garcia | BoratSagdiyev | TKO| Round 4 at :54

Epic fight. Seriously, just awesome. To put it nicely, I got my ass kicked the first two rounds. I got rocked in the second and I was sure it was going to be stopped but somehow it wasen't(it easily couldve been though). I had to change it up a bit and went with more of a counter punching game as my head damage was insane. Rocked him in the third but couldn't get the finish. Fourth round he went for a takedown early and I sprawled, took the back, and finished it with punches.

I don't know why, but I can't find a way to not become Chael Sonnen in this league. Simply put, I got 100% hosed in this fight. There's no question it should have been stopped in the 2nd round, as Pablo Garcia's head damage was very high, and I rocked and dropped him. I went in for the kill because I was sure I could get it. The game let me beat on him for an excessively long amount of time, and the camera even zoomed in and the crowd got louder...but no stoppage. Fortunately, I was able to record this one, so everybody can witness the awkwardness.

After that, I knew I needed to just get out of the round because my energy was gone. And as shotgunshine said, he changed up his strategy in the latter rounds, and I just couldn't seem to time him as well anymore. The takedown in the 4th was an accident. I meant to just do a standing clinch, but must have bumped the LT. I tried avoiding punishment, but the illegal strikes to the back of the head were just too much. Kevin "In Garcia's Back Pocket" Mulhall was more than happy to step in this time though. So, I refuse to acknowledge losing this fight. As far as I'm concerned, I'm the new Light Heavyweight Champion...and the greatest champion in the history of anything. See...dammit, Chael Sonnen, lol.

Video Coming Soon.

[quote name='shotgunshine']Maybe the referee was actually Steve Mazzagatti in disguise.[/QUOTE]

Could be. I'll be sure to bring my brass knuckles next time.

Haha

That does suck though the camera zoomed out like it was over. I didn't even notice. I had my music blaring and I was just trying to dodge the punches. I was 90% sure it was going to be stopped. I briefly though of trying to catch one of the punches but just went for the block/trying to dodge and hoped for the best.

Proof that I won the fight
boratchamp.jpg

I'm home now, but gotta get my cardio in before the fight. I should be back with time to spare, but if I'm not on it's because A) I got hit by a car or B) I'm getting ready to login ;)

And now I'm back . . . new distance I chose hurts. Keeping the same average for minute per mile pace while adding .27 miles though. Hopefully I'm not too sweaty for the controller! Ha.

[quote name='shotgunshine']Troy Alvarez | Matt Young | TKO | Round 2 at 1:12

Very fun match. It could've gone either way. We both rocked each other equal times(2) and landed close to the same strikes but for some reason his head damage was alot higher after the match was over and mine was only at 52%. Maybe I did more damage off of counters or something. Either way, excellent fight.[/QUOTE]

Confirming.

Waited over an hour, no response from Urmomlikesme. I'd of texted, but I don't see his number in my inbox. He's just sitting in Netflix . . .

Can we please make it a point to show up on time to the fights? My off time is pretty valuable to me. I don't have time to wait around for an hour and not get anything done.

If you want to reschedule, I'm fine with that. Just please give a time when you will be there, and be there. Nothing is as aggravating as sitting in the game, sending invites and messages to no response while someone is sitting in netflix.

[quote name='Fearia']Waited over an hour, no response from Urmomlikesme. I'd of texted, but I don't see his number in my inbox. He's just sitting in Netflix . . .

Can we please make it a point to show up on time to the fights? My off time is pretty valuable to me. I don't have time to wait around for an hour and not get anything done.

If you want to reschedule, I'm fine with that. Just please give a time when you will be there, and be there. Nothing is as aggravating as sitting in the game, sending invites and messages to no response while someone is sitting in netflix.[/QUOTE]

I should have told you that I wasnt going to make the 7 pm. That wasn't me watching netflix. My nephew likes to watch cartoons on my Xbox so that's why I wasn't responding. I'll be available all tonight or tomorrow night. The later the better for me. Let me know what time works for you

ps

PM's are the best way to get in quick contact with me. I don't check the thread religiously

[quote name='urmomlikesme']I should have told you that I wasnt going to make the 7 pm. That wasn't me watching netflix. My nephew likes to watch cartoons on my Xbox so that's why I wasn't responding. I'll be available all tonight or tomorrow night. The later the better for me. Let me know what time works for you

ps

PM's are the best way to get in quick contact with me. I don't check the thread religiously[/QUOTE]

No problem, just aggravating. Tried for an hour and finally gave up. In my mind, I was thinking "Well, maybe it's the time difference and he got confused."

Tomorrow around 7 PM EST good? If later is better, that's not a problem as long as it's not too late. I feel like an old man :(

7 pm est should be good. But I can't tell the future. I'll try to remember if I can't make 7pm est to make a post on here to push it back. If you haven't heard from me by 7 send me a pm

[quote name='urmomlikesme']7 pm est should be good. But I can't tell the future. I'll try to remember if I can't make 7pm est to make a post on here to push it back. If you haven't heard from me by 7 send me a pm[/QUOTE]

Just to chime in, you're being a little unreasonable here. If you have plans for tomorrow around that time, that's one thing. Otherwise, you should generally know if it's a time you can play video games at or not. Nobody's asking you to "tell the future" or to even know your own schedule 24 hours in advance. If it turns out you can't make it for the 7 PM EST time, you should be the one PM'ing him to let him know. If Fearia gets stood up again, he wins by forfeit.

Rob Lopez| Jack Ryan| TKO | Round 2 at 2:35

EPIC FIGHT!!! appearantly i always suck in the first round cause he whooped my ass

scorch is a slippery one guys, haha

Justin Kane | Conrad Silva | TKO Round 3 (0:23)

Good fight. I started off really strong, but started to have issues when he started playing heavy defense. He was landing some heavy counters which really worried me. After the 2nd round, I told myself that I had to finish right then and there or I could lose. Since he was landing a lot of counters and blocking heavily, I went for the clinch and did a take down. From there, I managed to rock him and finish the fight.

All in all, great fight. Really made me work at the end for the win.

[quote name='Fearia']Justin Kane | Conrad Silva | TKO Round 3 (0:23)

Good fight. I started off really strong, but started to have issues when he started playing heavy defense. He was landing some heavy counters which really worried me. After the 2nd round, I told myself that I had to finish right then and there or I could lose. Since he was landing a lot of counters and blocking heavily, I went for the clinch and did a take down. From there, I managed to rock him and finish the fight.

All in all, great fight. Really made me work at the end for the win.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was a good fight. Wish I could have avoided being on the bottom so much.

Chris Jordan| Corky Buchek | KO| Round 1 at 0:12.

Touch gloves, back up, Corky throws a roundhouse that doesn't hit, I throw right superman punch. KO, fight over.

That was nuts.

[quote name='DarkTower80']Well, that was quick. Just got knocked out by the first punch thrown.

Chris Jordan | Corky Buchek | KO round 1(0:12)[/QUOTE]

That was pretty nuts. That roundhouse you threw was a feeler type kick (checking range) and the counter superman right punch was just insanely timed. Wish I had that recorded (4GB Slim).

I look forward to fighting you again, our next fight perhaps in a different division?

Who set up that fight? I thought the equalized stats setting was supposed to remove flash KO's. People are setting up their fights with equalized stats and simulation stamina right?

I won a league fight a while back via flash knockout. It wasen't the first punch that was thrown but it was early in the first round and not much damage had been done.

The settings were set to league settings by DarkTower. It was a freaky KO.

The fight summed up from the first move (his): He kicks (misses), I throw Superman Right and knocked him out cold. I threw two post-KO punches out of habit.

I have NEVER seen that happen before.

Well, then something isn't working right according to the descriptions in the game's own menu.

Competition: Removes flash KO's, doctor stoppages, and adverse effects from cuts.
Equalized Stats: Does the same as Competition, but also normalizes all stats and attributes to a rating of 90.

Looking into it a bit further, I guess this is a known bug (though it's really pathetic the responses this guy gets for just pointing it out...but I guess that's the GameFAQs crowd)

http://www.gamespot.com/ufc-undisputed-3/forum/fix-equalized-stats-62039326/

I'd still rather deal with a flash KO here and there than not have equalized stats though. Just didn't realize one of their own settings didn't even work right. I guess all we can do is watch out for those counters. Maybe EA will fix this with UFC Undisputed 4! :lol:

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Well, then something isn't working right according to the descriptions in the game's own menu.

Competition: Removes flash KO's, doctor stoppages, and adverse effects from cuts.
Equalized Stats: Does the same as Competition, but also normalizes all stats and attributes to a rating of 90.

Looking into it a bit further, I guess this is a known bug (though it's really pathetic the responses this guy gets for just pointing it out...but I guess that's the GameFAQs crowd)

http://www.gamespot.com/ufc-undisputed-3/forum/fix-equalized-stats-62039326/

I'd still rather deal with a flash KO here and there than not have equalized stats though. Just didn't realize one of their own settings didn't even work right. I guess all we can do is watch out for those counters. Maybe EA will fix this with UFC Undisputed 4! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Sadly the new UFC game will drop the "undisputed" title, as i believe thats thq's or something like that

I have him on my friend's list on Xbox(not sure if you do) and he hasen't been on in a while. Try sending him a message on there to him if you haven't tried that yet.

[quote name='xhoochiex']any heard from matt? Can't get ahold of him and never got to
Fight[/QUOTE]

Uh, no... I posted in here 3 days ago asking about availability for all my opponents. Shotgunshine replied right away, and we got our fight in. Kburns never responded, and you never said a word til posting last night during or right before the Kings game that you'd be available til 9. You can't wait til the night of the deadline and then say you "can't get a hold of me".

bread's done
Back