UK Black Friday Amazon Deals Week

John

Administrator
Staff member
Feedback
10 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=98]25868[/IMG-R]Remember the Black Friday Amazon deal shenanigans from last year? Turns out it's happening all over again, with Amazon's unique brand of short-lived bargains being posted throughout the day. As with last year, deals are posted in cryptic form, so feel free to speculate on what these are.

Friday 25th November
2:45pm - WWE All Stars - 3DS
4:00pm - WWE '12 (360/PS3)
5:00pm - "Surrender is not an option on Black Friday." - Probably Killzone 3 (PS3)
8:00pm - "Come on down - we’re going the extra mile."

Check out all the deals here, and keep an eye on this post for updates.[/preview]

Past days:
Monday 21st November
10:30am - "Lose your breath in the thrill of the chase" - Driver: San Francisco
2:30pm - "Lose your breath in the thrill of the chase" - Driver: San Francisco
5:45pm - "So good they named him twice" - probably The Adventures Of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn
6:30pm - "Every choice has a consequence; determine your destiny" - X-Men Destiny

Tuesday 22nd November
8:45am - "Take the platinum fight to a new city" - Saints Row: The Third - Platinum Pack, £69.99
10:15am - "All's well that ends Maxwell" - Super Scribblenauts, £6.99
10:15am - "Gear up for gaming warfare" - Gioteck EX-05 & Ammo Clip Bundle, £55.99
10:15am - "Gear up for gaming warfare"
12:00pm - "This one will have you in a spin" - Just Dance 2, £8.97
1:00pm - "We got a feeling this one's a winner" - The Black Eyed Peas Experience, £17.37
2:00pm - "You are the hero" - Powerup Heroes, £9.77
3:00pm - "A thriller of a game" - Michael Jackson: The Experience
6:45pm - "See him move through smoke and mirrors" - Goldeneye 007

Wednesday 23rd November (No clues today, just the game names.)
9.45am - Rock Band 3 keyboard and game bundle (Wii/360)
11.15am - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy (PS3)

Thursday 24th November
8:30am - Asphalt 3D
9:45am - Saints Row: The Third
11:45am - Turtle Beach DP11 Headset (360)
11:45am - Turtle Beach DP11 Headset (PS3)
6:00pm - My Fitness Coach Club with camera (Wii)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheToiletDuck']We got a feeling this one's a winner

It's probably the Black Eyed Peas Experience game?[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought...free isn't cheap enough for that game...

So far it's just crap. Last year pissed a lot of people off because they didn't have enough £50 Wiis and people bitched and because that, this is what we get. Old games that you can get cheap anyway and socks.

Where's the deals on Zojirushi?

"This one will have you in a spin" was Just Dance 2 and "We got a feeling this one's a winner" was Black Eyed Peas.

Guess "You are the hero" could be Guitar Hero also?

"You are the Hero" turns out to be PowerUp Heroes for Kinect. And there was me hoping it could be a decent game...

I beg to differ about this year being way worse than last year. With the exception of the 50quid consoles it was all rubbish and you had to be bloody lucky to get one of the consoles.

[quote name='mrcraggle']Where's the deals on Zojirushi?[/QUOTE]

Seconded.

I caved and bought Scribblenaughts. Been interested for a while and no word on an android version of the iPhone game so ~£8 seemed fair enough.

Most of the games from yesterdays deals are goign up again from 6:10-7pm (Driver renegades 3D, Driver San Francisco, Tintin and xmen destiny). In case anyone missed them yesterday and really wants that xmen game...

Quite disappointing deals so far but hopefully they will get better.

Atleast the Xbox Live Marketplace deals have been pretty good. :)

Only 2 offerings on the game front today so far...

Rockband 3 + Keyboard Wii (possibly Xbox and PS3 also as there is a price bracket)
Splinter Cell Trilogy PS3

Yep, a disappointing day. Hopefully things are going to get better towards the end of the week.

razer peripherals are on for later. meh i wish they have the consoles on at some point or at least something better.

Yeah, I'm keeping an eye on those starcraft razer peripherals. I bet they won't knock much off them though.

I really hope they go all out on Friday. The deals Cheapy read off for America for Black Friday sounded crazy good.

[quote name='mikehaggar99']Heh. It was Asphalt 3D for the 3DS not DiRT 3. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's was a stupid clue.

Was thinking of picking up Saints Row today anyway. But from the looks of it, it's just the regular version and not the one that comes with Professor Genki's Hyper Ordinary Pre-Order pack.
Going to see what the price is. Got some vouchers for Tesco so might just get it from there.

Caved and bought Saints Row 3. Would have ended up paying about £10 more just for Professor Genki's Hyper Ordinary Pre-Order pack which will hopefully be released as DLC later.

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Rhythm Heaven for £1.99? Don't mind if I do...

Slightly strange it came up as [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Rhythm Paradise on my order confirmation though.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Boardwise']Caved and bought Saints Row 3. Would have ended up paying about £10 more just for Professor Genki's Hyper Ordinary Pre-Order pack which will hopefully be released as DLC later.[/QUOTE]

The Professor Genki stuff isn't all that great so I wouldn't even pay for it after the fact.

[quote name='mrcraggle']The Professor Genki stuff isn't all that great so I wouldn't even pay for it after the fact.[/QUOTE]

The rocket launcher is pretty handy since you can turn enemies into allies with it. :cool:

Also the car is pretty fun to mess about in.

[quote name='Pascual']Man US Black Friday deals are way better than ours :'([/QUOTE]
I know. Ours looks like a attempt to get rid of surplus stock while there look more like deals.

Here's hoping the big stuff hits tomorrow.
Would be nice it we got the Nintendo 3DS Zelda bundle in the Black Friday sale like Walmart (i think it was them) are doing when it's released tomorrow. Highly doubtful though.

[quote name='Doctor Who']The rocket launcher is pretty handy since you can turn enemies into allies with it. :cool:

Also the car is pretty fun to mess about in.[/QUOTE]

I never found it to work properly. I thought that's what it did but they still shot at me but though out the game I upgraded my homies so I could call a bunch in so turning enemies on your side doesn't make much of a difference a few hours in. I replaced it with the rocket launcher pretty much straight away and the cannon from the car doesn't launch you or anyone nearly far enough to make it fun. The suit is meh for me too as I prefer to run around as someone I created or someone from the community did.

Just saying this as people needn't worry about missing out on the pre-order bonus.

[quote name='mrcraggle']I never found it to work properly. I thought that's what it did but they still shot at me but though out the game I upgraded my homies so I could call a bunch in so turning enemies on your side doesn't make much of a difference a few hours in. I replaced it with the rocket launcher pretty much straight away and the cannon from the car doesn't launch you or anyone nearly far enough to make it fun. The suit is meh for me too as I prefer to run around as someone I created or someone from the community did.

Just saying this as people needn't worry about missing out on the pre-order bonus.[/QUOTE]
I think in my case it's a little bit of OCD. Must have Pre-order bonus of pointless stuff just for fun :lol:

[quote name='Boardwise']I think in my case it's a little bit of OCD. Must have Pre-order bonus of pointless stuff just for fun :lol:[/QUOTE]

Lol, fair enough. I didn't even pre-order the game. I bought it for PC and all the PC copies had the little sticker on them while the PS3 and 360 versions did not.

[quote name='Pascual']The only thing listen today is WWE all stars for 3DS...[/QUOTE]

Fan-fucking-tastic. I just had a look through today and apart from some decent looking TVs, garbage. US gets amazing deals with new releases at half price whereas we get shit that didn't sell throughout the first half of the year.

I've just noticed that four seasons of Mad Men in total is less than £25 on Blu Ray in US Amazon. As someone said above, Amazon UK looks like an excuse to get rid of excess stock.

[quote name='Pascual']The only thing listen today is WWE all stars for 3DS...[/QUOTE]

picard-facepalm.jpg

Not only are the gaming deals dire today (well, gaming deal), the lightning deals today in general are poor. A disappointing year overall.

Updated...

2:45 PM - WWE All Stars - 3DS

4:00 PM - WWE 12 - PS3 & Xbox360

5:00 PM - "Surrender is not an option on Black Friday." ???

8:00 PM - "Come on down - we’re going the extra mile." ???

After asking on twitter:

"@ukgamedeals Surrender is not an option on Black Friday --> MW3 since the first level is called Black Friday"

Edit: someone pointed out that the first level is called Black Tuesday. So, probably not that.

Quite a few people are suggesting Need for Speed: The Run for "the extra mile" clue.

[quote name='TotallyEpic']Amazon has no Killzone 3 stock, so I'd doubt it's that...[/QUOTE]

Actually a lot of the upcoming deals have no stock when you look. I think it's so they know they have enough to deal with demand, or have set aside all they have for it.

EDIT: I stand corrected. Killzone 3 w/ Dual Shock 3 for £35. Not that bad, but not great either.

bread's done
Back