Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Collector's Edition (PS3) $29.99 at Best Buy

[quote name='Donut2922']Not sure if serious....[/QUOTE]

yes i am "serious" if i only went by the online site and seen that it said out of stock, i would have not gotten one, but since i placed a fast call to best buy, they said no, we do have 1 in stock, the website is wrong, ill put it on hold for you. thats i dont go by the online sites, ide rather call or go and see/buy in person.

[quote name='Alex121006']yes i am "serious" if i only went by the online site and seen that it said out of stock, i would have not gotten one, but since i placed a fast call to best buy, they said no, we do have 1 in stock, the website is wrong, ill put it on hold for you. thats i dont go by the online sites, ide rather call or go and see/buy in person.[/QUOTE]
you could do both. it isn't like you are wasting a ton of time doing these things.

[quote name='uiengineer']you could do both. it isn't like you are wasting a ton of time doing these things.[/QUOTE]

it's not just about the 5-10 minutes going online, because i do check online some times to see if a store haves an item in stock, it's just the fact that more than half of the time the websites are wrong on item's that are in stock or sold out, or just give a hard time for pricing. but again...... thats just my opinion.

I ordered mine first thing this morning before leaving for work for in-store pickup. If I hadn't, by the time I got there after work today to get it it would have been gone (they had 4 yesterday, all were gone when I got there). Not sure how that's a waste of time...

Well I found a copy finally. I didn't have the game already, but even speaking as a figure collector, I'm not sure I would be that bummed if you didn't find this. The figure/statue is decent but not all that detailed. It's Sideshow? Surprisingly disappointed if that's the case. But the ring and buckle are trash. $30 is still a good price if you want the figure. I'd have paid $15 for the figure on it's own and I've been meaning to play the game in 3D.

Just picked up my copy. Was able to cancel the order and the get Killzone 3 and Dead Island GOTY for $63 total. I will trade my vanilla UC3 and DI in a few days for $26 so my total ends up $37. Pretty happy about that. Also, if you are near the Racine, WI BBY there was 1 more on the shelf for sale at 6:30 tonight.

[quote name='argyle']I ordered mine first thing this morning before leaving for work for in-store pickup. If I hadn't, by the time I got there after work today to get it it would have been gone (they had 4 yesterday, all were gone when I got there). Not sure how that's a waste of time...[/QUOTE]

i said thats just my opinion. and again, if i would ONLY went by bestbuy's website saying that it was out of stock, i would have never gotten my uncharted 3 CE, because when i called to make sure, they said we still have 1 left. so for me if i just go by the website it would have been a waste of time.

Unlucky in getting one.

They were in stock last night, went today without calling (I'm retarded) and they said they just sold the last one about an hour before.

I should have called on my break this morning when I saw this thread :[

Whats worse? I almost ordered it last night for in store at $64.99 had it in checkout and decided to just try stores so I could do B2G1...could have just price matched :[

Can't say that I understand why my post on about page 8 was deleted, since it was very obvious I was joking, and at no one's expense even. But I didn't read much prior, so maybe I unwittingly got in the middle of a flame war?

My store showed as OOS online, but sure enough, one was available in store. For several hours, even. Doesn't seem like a lot of CAG types lurk Middle TN... which is to my benefit of course!

Picked mine up, tried to find other games to take advantage for the B2G1 but couldn't find anything worth buying. Good thing the spider wrap didn't ruin the box on this.. I'm so glad.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']This is what I did. My BB had the CE "unavailable" online. I called the store when it opened this morning and asked if there were any CEs left. CSR said there was 1 left and held it for me at the CS desk for pickup. She said that she could only hold it for me until 2:00 pm local time.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! And thanks to Brother Daz, too. I just called and reserved one of the last copies at my local Best Buy. :D So how many hours do I have until I need to pick up my copy?

Also what is this B2G1 deal that people have been talking about, or getting $10 off their CE? I shouldn't be buying any more games, but if it's a good deal, then... :lol:

still in stock around me. not alot of cheapys around me I guess. If It's still there in the morning when I pick up my NCAA 12 I might throw one in on my b2g1.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Can't say that I understand why my post on about page 8 was deleted, since it was very obvious I was joking, and at no one's expense even. But I didn't read much prior, so maybe I unwittingly got in the middle of a flame war?

My store showed as OOS online, but sure enough, one was available in store. For several hours, even. Doesn't seem like a lot of CAG types lurk Middle TN... which is to my benefit of course![/QUOTE]
Just you and me brother. Which store do you hit the most?

i got this and lego harry potter 5-7 for my kids. hoping to get some $10 off codes.
also my girl went crazy for the box inside the box. she was so happy about the cute drawers and she was trying to figure out how to open it and im like let's just cut it open, but it's just an easy lil door thing. she just wants to use it for her jewelry now or something, lol. i just wanted the statue to go with my infamous 2 c.e. statues, and my mk scorpion subzero statues. ;) also im a sucker for a steelcase!

[quote name='mrclutch']Just you and me brother. Which store do you hit the most?[/QUOTE]

Brentwood, which I actually work at (but only through the end of the month).

Has anybody else had problems with BestBuy accepting your PayPal account on the first try?
Kind of sucks, because Paypal actually keeps the order open as Pending on your account, even though Best Buy doesn't accept the order.
Fortunately, "Pending" is not the same as "Charged".

Yeah, the figure in this set shouldn't come with the sideshow name attached to it. The ring and belt buckle are kind of cheap, the figure is eh.. steelbook is kinda nice though.. $30 is about right.

And if nothing else, at least it's fantastically packaged. Prey, Dead Rising 2 and countless other CE's have either sacrificed the contents of the CE or the disc itself in order to get everything in the package (Prey was a nightmare, the disc was sitting on a tiny nub underneath everything). This one was done correctly.

I lucked out. I took Shrike's advice and went to a store that said unavailable online. They had one available and I am now happy. :D For the Vegas CAGs, this was at Maryland Pkwy. store.

I remember I went to couple of bb and they have like 2 or 3 copys left but that was last week, I'm pretty sure there warehouse don't have much of these either... I already got one when it came out last year...

I got a "not in inventory" from the first store I tried and accidentally locked in two at the next. Just went and picked them up. If anyone in the DC area wants one of the CE's for $35 (cost + gas), send me a PM.

Boxes are in freakishly good shape for Best Buy. Usually they spider wrap and destroy them. Both of these were in great shape. I figure they came in as part of a recent shipment and never even hit the store floor.

Website said unavailable everywhere near me. Just went ahead and went to the store around 7pm, they had one left and rang up $29.99! Amazing deal, thanks OP!

[quote name='FactionG']I lucked out. I took Shrike's advice and went to a store that said unavailable online. They had one available and I am now happy. :D For the Vegas CAGs, this was at Maryland Pkwy. store.[/QUOTE]

Didn't realize there were so many Vegas cags, or at least I don't see much of Vegas cags posting.

I lucked out by (waking up and) placing my order for an in-store pickup at eight in the morning, sleeping in for most of the afternoon, and snagging what seemed to be the only copy remaining in the store(s) in my area about an hour ago.

I usually prefer the option to exchange an item if comes damaged, but I was fortunate to get mine in pristine shape.

[quote name='FactionG']I lucked out. I took Shrike's advice and went to a store that said unavailable online. They had one available and I am now happy. :D For the Vegas CAGs, this was at Maryland Pkwy. store.[/QUOTE]

good for you, i told every body that i did the same thing, and that you cant always depend for online in sock, out of stock, on web sites. they were all bitching and acting like they didn't know what i was talking about. some times you just have to go the extra mile. hope you enjoy you UC3 CE. :)

I picked my copy up after work tonight that I ordered for in store pick up. It was in perfect condition. I am extremely impressed by the quality of everything in the box. It looks so nice sitting on my shelf. It's making me want to have another go through the whole series again! Can't wait, hehe. Thanks for the thread OP, definitely an awesome addition to my collection.

I saw the price drop this morning and went uh fuck, why didn't I wait. I paid ~ $60 for mine when the first price drop happened on 5/31 which is still sealed. This was the price point I wanted it for. Lesson learned. To fellow CAGs, the game alone is worth the price point. The rest is just gravy. Good catch op.

[quote name='sadboy']I lucked out by (waking up and) placing my order for an in-store pickup at eight in the morning, sleeping in for most of the afternoon, and snagging what seemed to be the only copy remaining in the store(s) in my area about an hour ago.

I usually prefer the option to exchange an item if comes damaged, but I was fortunate to get mine in pristine shape.[/QUOTE]

This is one of the few CEs I've seen in-store that didn't get the spider-wrap of death and collectibility-negating.

i picked up mine on the b2g1 sale and just had them price match it today return my whole order and then redo it adding another game as my free one and getting 2 more 29.99 games

Something must be going on with the BB system because last night all the BB around me have it in stock, and then all of a sudden it was all out of stock this morning. I called the nearest BB store near my friends work, and the employee put 1 on hold for me. I put it on my friends name since I already ordered mine last night. He picked it up during his lunch time with no problems.

[quote name='TwYsTeD']i picked up mine on the b2g1 sale and just had them price match it today return my whole order and then redo it adding another game as my free one and getting 2 more 29.99 games[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if this is true. I couldn't find any console games I want, but I had 2 BB employee tell me that B2G1 deal doesn't have to be $29.99 each. As long as two of the games you want equal $29.99 or above then you get a free game. They said the ad is a bit misleading, but I can't verify if what they say is true since I couldn't find any other games to buy.

[quote name='rbanez']Will that dude from BB reckoning thread also correct those who refers to Uncharted 3 as UC3 instead of U3? :D loljk.[/QUOTE]

Bro its actually DC as Uncharted is a just a prefix. Get your shit straight.

[quote name='ceve2001']Something must be going on with the BB system because last night all the BB around me have it in stock, and then all of a sudden it was all out of stock this morning. I called the nearest BB store near my friends work, and the employee put 1 on hold for me. I put it on my friends name since I already ordered mine last night. He picked it up during his lunch time with no problems.[/QUOTE]

There's nothing wrong, they all either got picked up by the same person or online/in-store pickup'd. Same happened here. Saw 3 copies at my local best buy yesterday, all gone today.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Bro its actually DC as Uncharted is a just a prefix. Get your shit straight.[/QUOTE]
lol you mean DD right?

Too bad the ring from the CE is supposedly some plastic-y piece of crap. Otherwise I'd say it's worth it just for that alone. Mind ya, if you part out the CE and keep only the game, you could come out ahead if the values are still close to the same from when I looked up completed auctions a few months ago.;)

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Bro its actually DC as Uncharted is a just a prefix. Get your shit straight.[/QUOTE]
It's double D, everybody's (almost everybody) favorite 2 letters.

Picked up mine from the Best Buy in Independence, MO. They had 2 or 3 more in the store-pickup area, but didn't look in gaming to see if they had anymore. My box was in perfect shape. Now I just need to finish U1, and the play U2, and get around to U3. However, I will probably find myself playing Diablo 3 instead....

I got the last one at my store in Fort Myers, FL and it was in mint condition!! I got it for $18 after RZ certificate and like $2 on an old gift card.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Too bad the ring from the CE is supposedly some plastic-y piece of crap. Otherwise I'd say it's worth it just for that alone. Mind ya, if you part out the CE and keep only the game, you could come out ahead if the values are still close to the same from when I looked up completed auctions a few months ago.;)[/QUOTE]

Opened mine up about an hour ago and it didn't feel cheap to me. It's not some super high quality but it's not cheap by any means.

Good Luck to those of you trying to sell these or are keeping yours sealed. Mine, SERIOUSLY, does not have the game. No other stores have it for milessss!!!!

[quote name='rbanez']Will that dude from BB reckoning thread also correct those who refers to Uncharted 3 as UC3 instead of U3? :D loljk.[/QUOTE]

lol yeah, that guy was a joke.
he was so mad and angry, and he really thought that he made a point about the name of the game lol.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Good Luck to those of you trying to sell these or are keeping yours sealed. Mine, SERIOUSLY, does not have the game. No other stores have it for milessss!!!![/QUOTE]

The game is missing? Was the box sealed?

bread's done
Back