Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception coming 2011

just beat the campaign. i really liked it alot but it seemed...short? maybe i just played it non-stop so it seemed that way

[quote name='Dahk']just beat the campaign. i really liked it alot but it seemed...short? maybe i just played it non-stop so it seemed that way[/QUOTE]
No, it's short. Shortest of the 3 I think.

Dude, why does this look so damn good in 3D? I was not a fan of 3D, especially in gaming. Finally got my 3D glasses and I'm like, OH CRAP... I LIKE 3D GAMING. I'm really upset now.

I don't know if I've just hit a lucky streak or what but I've been getting a lot more treasure drops lately, and they are ones I don't have 90% of the time.

Also I saw a weird glitch in Co-op adventure, Syria. We're rolling along to the point the brute comes along and steals the last idol and you have to kill him. I'm sniping him from a distance as he's walking down the stairs, and then he just fell through the map. We had to kill ourselves and start over so he'd rspawn and we could try again.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Dude, why does this look so damn good in 3D? I was not a fan of 3D, especially in gaming. Finally got my 3D glasses and I'm like, OH CRAP... I LIKE 3D GAMING. I'm really upset now.[/QUOTE]

For one it's a 1080p signal vs 720p for most games, so there's less jaggies and an overall sharper image. Another reason is the engine is pretty solid as far as pop-ups and glitches go, Killzone 3 was terrible in 3D ... but I still wouldn't play it any other way. :lol:

Unfortunately what you're looking at are some of the best, if not the best, 3D visuals in a (console) game (so far). Everything else is going to pale in comparison. Although Crysis 2 looks real good In 3D also, Avatar, God of War: Origins, Shadow of the Colossus/Ico are all decent. I was really hoping Beyong Good and Evil HD was going to be in 3D too but there's a few other titles on the horizon that I'm interested in, like Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath (3D/Move in an update is what they said) and isn't Last of Us being made by Naughty Dog? Hopefully it'll support 3D too.

Last edited by a moderator:
New PS3 owner and Uncharted player here, can someone explain to me how the DLC season pass works? There hasn't been a map pack released, the only thing that has been released so far is skins, right? And they are all included in the pass? Is the future DLC just going to multiplayer maps, or will there be additional skins too?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']New PS3 owner and Uncharted player here, can someone explain to me how the DLC season pass works? There hasn't been a map pack released, the only thing that has been released so far is skins, right? And they are all included in the pass? Is the future DLC just going to multiplayer maps, or will there be additional skins too?[/QUOTE]

It's basically the same as the Gears 3 season pass. Uncharted 2 had new skins tossed in with DLC, so I'm assuming the same will be with UC3. No new DLC has been announced so far. The only thing ND has stated is that there will be absolutely no new Single player DLC, everything they release will be for MP.

not sure how many of you still play online but if you all ever want to set something up let me know im always down. plus itd be nice to play with legit players and avoid the campers and lag switchers.

[quote name='lokizz']not sure how many of you still play online but if you all ever want to set something up let me know im always down. plus itd be nice to play with legit players and avoid the campers and lag switchers.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure I will be online to play it again at some point but its not something I'm really looking forward too... (Its the only game I can play with my PS3 only owning family it seems. Hopefully Starhawk can change that.)

Honestly, I just dread it anymore.

Everything is the same, its the same damn unlikable maps, its the same damn weapons in use, and its in the same exact order. Lag is too prevalent, etc...

[quote name='Ryuukishi']New PS3 owner and Uncharted player here, can someone explain to me how the DLC season pass works? There hasn't been a map pack released, the only thing that has been released so far is skins, right? And they are all included in the pass? Is the future DLC just going to multiplayer maps, or will there be additional skins too?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']It's basically the same as the Gears 3 season pass. Uncharted 2 had new skins tossed in with DLC, so I'm assuming the same will be with UC3. No new DLC has been announced so far. The only thing ND has stated is that there will be absolutely no new Single player DLC, everything they release will be for MP.[/QUOTE]

Dominator pretty much nailed it. I doubt there will be more skins since there were so many they recharged for in U3 (those are all the pay U2 character skins) and U3 has more emphasis on making your own character and all the major characters from U3 are already in the core game. They might do some more, but I doubt it.

Sony said the pass was 7 packs total and since 3 are skins then we have to assume the other 4 are for MP. If it's like U2 then each pack will focus on competitive MP maps with a couple of co-op maps thrown in.

I beat the Campaign a couple of days ago...and it's far below U1 or U2 in my opinion.

- Terrible Combat Scenarios. Because enemies can appear behind you at random it's safer to stick back until you kill everyone so another wave or 2 or 3 will spawn in front of you and not surround you. Also, it's impossible to stealth an entire section like you could in U2.

- Terrible Story. Too many unanswered questions and plot threads that led nowhere. I didn't really get Nate's sudden reliance on Sully, either. It just didn't work. Also, no real animosity towards any villain that again led to no climax.

- Less freedom. I know U1 and U2 are linear, but not like this. It literally felt like I couldn't do anything but keep going forward, which sucked.

- Too many Chase scenes. I think I counted 8 throughout the Campaign, but I probably missed a couple. They all sucked and they all felt cheap.

- Terrible Movement. Drake feels like a fat drunk TBH. There's a delay to starting/stopping, and there's no way to make him move slowly at a couple of specific spots where it'd be helpful.

- Fixed Gunplay Mechanics > Default Gunplay Mechanics. Seriously, the fact they had to patch this in because NeoGaf bitched is a sign no one paid attention to how bad the gameplay was while making the game.

Overall, pretty weak game. It took me 9 hours because I played on Hard. Um...5.5/10 from me. Pretty bad in a lot of unexpected areas. And that score was raised because of the patched gunplay improved it.

[quote name='KingBroly']I beat the Campaign a couple of days ago...and it's far below U1 or U2 in my opinion.[/QUOTE]Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder if I didn't like UC1 better than UC3... At least story wise. Its just been so long but stuff in UC3 just really, really, bugs me.

That said I would still likely consider UC3 the superior product due to MP (as gimped as it is right now and has been since release) and the fact you don't have to select Grenades to use them. (Grenades, really, really, bothered me in the first game.)

the game was rushed and fucked on both ends. its like the first 2 games were directed by Spielberg and then for the 3rd game they figured they would use michael bay instead. its all wow moments with no real substance. they seemed more worried about impressing people with what they could accomplish with the hardware but forgot or didnt care to bother with making a compelling story.

and how the fuck is mp so bad? ive been spawned into objects numerous times, glitched into walls while trying to climb up, the hit detection on guns, grenades and power weapons seems to randomly change from time to time ( grenade launcher is useless now) and when you turn to aim your gun it still feels too slow.

i also hate how you can only use sniper rifles in zoomed in mode or blind firing. use to be you could just aim it and shoot and if you wanted to zoom then click in r3. until the day just cause comes out with mp its still , for me , the most entertaining mp product out there so i continue to play still hopeful they will fix the issues.

ive had alot of grenades i throw seemingly dissappear too.either thrugh a wall or just wherever and speaking of that have any of you ever hit the grenade button only to have nothing happen? and the train and airplane sections still need or if anything should be removed.

Anyone a part of the Fortune Hunter club thing want to trade a slot for Borderlands and all its DLC and Battlefield 1943? I'm a pretty big fan of the MP, I'm liking it more than U2s which I put about 100 hours in to. Hopefully they iron out some of the problems after the dogs get back from vacation.

[quote name='JMEPO']Looks like we might get a new map pack tomorrow :)[/QUOTE]Yup, thats been the rumor for about a week now... and since they patched this week for the release of DLC you can actually see the maps listed if you go to a custom game.

I've already bought and paid for this DLC (like a dumb ass) but I'm not sure I'll even be bothered to download it...

I really enjoy Lost City, its actually one of my all time favorite MP maps, Ice Cave was/is a good one too, and Sanctuary was fun but got tedious at times do the camping but the Fort was a horrible map with the FAL in UC2... and now with the Dragon Sniper rifle, FAL-SS, and the GMAL (Which is basically the UC2 FAL) all being load out options, its going to be unbelievable broken.

[quote name='lokizz']map pack is 9.99.[/QUOTE]

With no MP trophies added... And that's pretty much my only honest complaint about the new maps after walking through them in a custom game. (My not so honest complaint would be that they didn't just burn the Fort map file.)

Truthfully, each map really looks different (and I think all of them have more minor details now) and its doesn't appear just to be cosmetic changes... (Though my favorite map seems to have had the least number of changes but that shouldn't be a surprise consider my belief in fair play.)

Lost City; my favorite map, damn its cold and windy now... The only changes of real note are the two columns in the RPG building are now gone... It really opens up the space, which is a good thing consider it was a shotgun camping zone in UC2.

(Also the plunder treasure can no longer be thrown up on the roof and out of bounds. It respawns at the thrower's feet.)

Sanctuary; Rip lines lead to the middle high ground from the very top of each spawn... That center high ground now has a huge hole in it the center of it and one can now climb from the boxes below to the top level., On the back side I'm pretty sure some of the areas to hang off of have been eliminated... but I might be wrong on that. In the Spawns it appears like it is no longer possible to jump on the furniture and get up on that little lip by the lower stair case.

The Fort; man I hated this map in UC2 and I don't think I'll ever love it in UC3 but the darkness, along with cover that is now twice as tall as it was might mean its not going to be the sniper/FAL fest that I fear it will be...

One big change, and its huge, is that the treasure chest for plunder is back in the spawns... Straight in the line of fire. (It will either be just as bad as the camp fest two was or it might be a little bit better... but man, I don't think Plunder will ever be fun on that map.

Ice Cave/The Cave; I see little changes in its layout but it really feels like a new map because of the changes from snow to green on green. Its a hell of a pretty map. The sniper tunnels on the low side now have climbable blocks from the inside of the map too... not just the outside.

Anyhow, all in in all I'm really impressed with them... I hope the FAL gets fixed soon so I can really get to enjoy them...

Oh, and speaking of enjoying them... Like UC2 their is no DLC map playlist... so getting to play on these maps means its really going to come down to luck as everyone in the room does have to have them.

Oh, the Fortune Hunter Club got another 7 DLC packs added (across its lifetime) today... More news about that here:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/01/17/new-year-new-uncharted-3-dlc-fortune-hunters-club-grows/

So how do you download these maps? Isn't there supposed to be a message with a link in it?

ETA: Nevermind, it shows up for free in the PlayStation Store.

So I paid for the fortune hunter pack. I really just want all the maps and don't care about any of the skins. I hope it was worth it.

[quote name='JMEPO']So I paid for the fortune hunter pack. I really just want all the maps and don't care about any of the skins. I hope it was worth it.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty much in the same boat... and I do think you will be happy. UC2 maps are much better than the UC3 maps... I just worry about size consider they where made before sprint came to be.

i was going to get the maps until i saw a video of someone playing through them. aside from the weather effects on the fort im not impressed. heres to hoping if they d another map set they come up with completely new maps. maybe add some new weapons too or hell bring in a zombie mode of some kind ala cod.

Nobody buy these maps. It's just a cheap way for ND to cash in on it's fans. I can't believe I paid $25 for the fortune hunter pack; this is one of the worst gaming buys I've ever made and that's coming from a huge Uncharted fan. Also it seems like almost every single person you're going to be playing with is a douchebag camper with 5000 hours into the game. It's just not fun anymore.

[quote name='JMEPO']Nobody buy these maps. It's just a cheap way for ND to cash in on it's fans. I can't believe I paid $25 for the fortune hunter pack; this is one of the worst gaming buys I've ever made and that's coming from a huge Uncharted fan. Also it seems like almost every single person you're going to be playing with is a douchebag camper with 5000 hours into the game. It's just not fun anymore.[/QUOTE]

agreed for what youre getting its not worth the price.

[quote name='lokizz']i was going to get the maps until i saw a video of someone playing through them. aside from the weather effects on the fort mi not impressed. heres to hoping if they d another map set they come up with completely new maps. maybe add some new weapons too or hell bring in a zombie mode of some kind ala cod.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, the water effects on that map are pretty nice... though I prefer the water effects on Lost City... Granted, both pale in compassion to UC2's Train Wreck. Its weather would actually effect the game.

Anyhow, there will be 3 more map packs... One of which will be Flashback Map Pack 2 which will feature the other four UC2 maps. Meaning you'll see two map packs (hopefully of four maps each) of entirely new maps.

As for new modes... I guess its possible but I hope to god they don't add any weapons... They cannot even balance the weapons they do have.

[quote name='JMEPO']Nobody buy these maps. It's just a cheap way for ND to cash in on it's fans. I can't believe I paid $25 for the fortune hunter pack; this is one of the worst gaming buys I've ever made and that's coming from a huge Uncharted fan. [/QUOTE]

Honestly, if I was going to rate the mistakes I would say buying UC3 for 60 dollars was the big one... The maps... Maybe, I've just lost allot of faith in ND but I was happy to see the UC2 maps. I don't know how ND could start out making good maps only to degrade into making the piss pour maps they have made... but somehow they did. (All the Maps since The Fort, which isn't on the UC2 disc, pretty much blow chunks...)

[quote name='JMEPO']Also it seems like almost every single person you're going to be playing with is a douchebag camper with 5000 hours into the game. It's just not fun anymore.[/QUOTE]

You won't get an argument out of me... Much of the time I play this game I do question why I'm doing it anymore... Unfortunately, I have family I feel like I should play games with and I do enjoy their company and this is one of the few games we can play together... (but my personally belief is he doesn't like it as much as he liked UC2 MP.)

As for camping... It pretty much happens in every game.. UC is no different (Well, minus ND making it easier to camp with boosters) and a few of these maps do promote camping... I really suggest playing with friends and with mics. Don't hesitate to call out enemy locations.

spawning is an issue too theres nothing shittier than a team who all spawn into one place together and camp with the fal-ss or dragon sniper. and if you play with randoms most teammates are damn useless and the team balancing is complete shit. you end up on a team of noobs going up against a ready made team of legacies. and lag switching is still an issue.

I don't think they mentioned a reason for getting rid of the perfect medal. I assumed it was due to being able to drop-in mid/late game.

[quote name='lokizz']btw did nd ever say why they removed the perfect medals from the game?[/QUOTE]

I have no idea... Its an end of match medal so its not like they could be worried about balance issues do getting too many kickbacks.

I got to play on thee of the four new maps... (Still haven't done Sanctuary yet.)

The Fort is like I expected.... Just brokenly horrible. I also need to watch a cinema file tomorrow to see if someone was wall glitching or if it was just the good ole Deadman's Glitch that ND cannot seem to fix.

The rest not so bad... I want to play the maps a whole lot more before I judge them and I would like to play a few matches that doesn't consist of the whole freaking globe being in one room.

finished that game and felt disappointed. It just felt like the more of the same and that stupid trek through the desert where Nate is thirsty went on way too long.

I can't remember what happened to Chloe in the game. How did she exit the game?

[quote name='floundering']finished that game and felt disappointed. It just felt like the more of the same and that stupid trek through the desert where Nate is thirsty went on way too long.

I can't remember what happened to Chloe in the game. How did she exit the game?[/QUOTE]

The desert section was too long- but that was kind of the point i think. They were trying to portray how long he was lost. It's even more annoying on a 2nd playthrough.

Chloe-
Here and Cutter told Drake that the job was too dangerous and that it wasn't worth the risk. They advised him to make the same decision and bolted.

[quote name='lokizz']the game was rushed and fucked on both ends. its like the first 2 games were directed by Spielberg and then for the 3rd game they figured they would use michael bay instead.[/QUOTE]
^THIS
pretty much nailed it :cold:

Even though I finished this turd weeks ago and am never playing it again, I'm going to talk a little about it.
Anyone else hate the stupid fighting system? It looks trash and has no real rhythm.

i played u3 after i had beaten arkham city and to go from one damn near flawless fighting system to a clunky lazy copy of one was weird. on top of that id hit weird point where id try to throw batarangs and remember this was uncharted lol. id have prefered they perfected the gun combat over adding more hand to hand stuff ( which got old quick after the 3rd or 4th big guy fight).

from the first beta to the subway beta im really curious wtf happened seems like they went a total 180 and turned their backs on what made the series ( especially the mp ) great.as long as it took them to fix things in u2 mp ( which in all honesty they never fully did) i dont have any hopes that u3 mp will get much better than it is and whats worse it feels like the developers have this attitude that were the ones with the problems because we dont see how great it is.

i understand them wanting their game to appeal to a wider audience but it was dumb of them to nerf so many things to appeal to the casual gamer especially since the learning curve for un mp isnt that high.

So I'm playing through this again on Crushing because...well, I dunno, I guess I love bad games. Again I'll reiterate - Whoever designed the fight in Chapter 12 deserves to be fired. It is the worst combat scenario for any game of recent memory. Not only that, it has the worst Checkpoint in case you die. A piece of cover that has you surrounded and can be hit from all sides. You might as well just put me out there with no cover so I can die in 1.5 seconds anyway, because it doesn't help. Seriously, moronic game design, absolutely terrible.

EDIT: Finally got it. Took about 45 minutes to get through that awful mess. They just kept spawning guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see what the problem is with multiplayer, seems fine other than being too similar to U2. There needs to be more varied weapons and game types. Where are sticky grenades, smoke grenades, new types of guns. A level editor/maker would be great if they could find a way to have enough players playing all the levels. Single player wasn't that good though, not even close to Uncharted 2's greatness.

[quote name='J7.']I don't see what the problem is with multiplayer, seems fine other than being too similar to U2. There needs to be more varied weapons and game types. Where are sticky grenades, smoke grenades, new types of guns. A level editor/maker would be great if they could find a way to have enough players playing all the levels. Single player wasn't that good though, not even close to Uncharted 2's greatness.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about the campaign. Uncharted 2 was my favorite one and I was excited for Uncharted 3 which didn't live up to the hype.

Even though Uncharted 3 MP fixed several things that was wrong with Uncharted 2 MP. I still enjoy playing Uncharted 2 more. I played it the other day and thought to myself this seems more fun to me. When that Uncharted 2 beta hit it felt different and special to me and when the Uncharted 3 beta hit to me it is like there changing to make it popular and it felt like every other mp game to me.

I'm sure some won't agree, but I really liked the MP to Uncharted 2 better even though it had issues. I do like the MP to Uncharted 3, but just not as good. I'll play either one and I'm glad people still play Uncharted 2.

I need to replay Uncharted 3 since they fixed the aiming.

They may have fixed the aiming, but Drake still moves like he has a 2x4 stuck up his ass. Even when he should be fast he's slower than molasses. It's still not preferable though. The aiming still isn't smooth either way.

I think what I've played of MP was good, but Uncharted as a series just kept moving away from what made it great in the first place, and that's a single player gaming experience. I still think the writing in 1 was better, while the gameplay in 2 was better, along with well thought out combat scenarios. Also, nothing really overstretched its' bounds. Pretty much every terrible fight in 3 takes place in a huge arena, and that's really where the problem lies.

Also, TOO MANY CHASE SEQUENCES!

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']I agree with you about the campaign. Uncharted 2 was my favorite one and I was excited for Uncharted 3 which didn't live up to the hype. [/quote]

Agree... I really should replay the first one to get a fresh take on it but if you leave the slightly clumsy gameplay aside (sixaxis support, gernades needing to be a selectable weapon, throwing gernades with motion controls) I do think I liked UC's story more than I liked UC3.

Then again, I wasn't put off with the twist that allot of people hated... I actually liked it for its unexpectedness.

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']I'm sure some won't agree, but I really liked the MP to Uncharted 2 better even though it had issues. I do like the MP to Uncharted 3, but just not as good. I'll play either one and I'm glad people still play Uncharted 2.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, while I don't play UC2 anymore in it's hayday it was truly amazing and one could say it played like nothing else out there do to the use of terrain, changes in level (height), and the ability to attack via these changes (aka the pull off) but much of what made it special is lost in UC3.

UC3, while I do like it, has balance issues that will never be fixed. Extreme weapons, like the KAL and/or FAL, are just really hard to balance. And truth be told, while the KAL doesn't see as much use anymore its still basically a power weapon that one spawns with over and over... (and I predict you'll eventually see a ton of it on Sanctuary, Village, and Lost City at the very least.) and the FAL, well right now the FAL is pretty much anything and everything. It is THE POWER WEAPON.

Honestly, I think the game would be allot better off if neither of those weapons were a load out choice and simply spawned on maps... but hell maybe they should just be removed in general.

Remember the start of every UC2 game was a struggle for the power weapons... You simply never see it in UC3 anymore, not only are power weapons pretty much handed to one of the teams do to their locations, but most people don't even bother to pick them up in favor of their current spawn weapons. (For me it sort of depends upon the game and what's going on within game but I pass up long arm power weapons all the time in favor of keeping my load out in tact. (I use Flynn's M9.)

Honestly, if UC3 was just UC2 2.0 with the better (if only slightly) netcode and all the glitching taking care off I would be allot happier than I am now.

im not a fan of the loadout system as well the maps seem so naked without having guns all over them and some of the places they have grenades just dont make any sense. and some maps are way too damn big , like city of brass, so you spend too much time looking for people to kill because more times than not teams camp so games go on forever.

im also annoyed that to get the skeleton skins you have to play adventure coop over and over and over and youre not even gauranteed a treasure if you play on hard or crushing. and the people you end up having to play with are so damn stupid it sucks to get to the end and people cant figure out wtf to do or understand how to do it. at this point id like to just pay for the damn skins to save myself time and frustration.

and id still like to know why they didnt add an option for custom female hero/villan skins.

If anyone wants to gameshare the flashback dlc or a fortune hunter share I'd be greatful seeing as I can't buy them myself right now. Just pm me and we can work out a pricing/trade.

This may be a reason why Uncharted 3 was a disappointment compared to U2, but it's good news for The Last of Us!

"In the studio's darkened offices in Santa Monica, two teams are now at work - one what what will almost certainly be Uncharted 4 and the other, led by Uncharted 2 veterans Bruce Straley and Neil Druckmann, building The Last of Us."
http://news.gamersguidetolife.com/2012/01/uncharted-3-was-made-by-only-50-of.html

"Bruce Stanley directed Uncharted 2, and before that was co-art director for Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, while Neil Druckman was the lead designer and co-writer on Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and is the creative director and writer for The Last Of Us."
http://www.officialplaystationmagaz...date-third-person-confirmed-not-a-video-game/

[quote name='lokizz']im not a fan of the loadout system as well the maps seem so naked without having guns all over them and some of the places they have grenades just dont make any sense. and some maps are way too damn big , like city of brass, so you spend too much time looking for people to kill because more times than not teams camp so games go on forever.[/quote]

Totally agree with the maps looking naked... Don't agree with City of Brass. I know this map gets no love but its actually one of the few new ones I like. (Mostly because it doesn't favor one team over the other.)

[quote name='lokizz']im also annoyed that to get the skeleton skins you have to play adventure coop over and over and over and youre not even gauranteed a treasure if you play on hard or crushing.[/quote]

Personally, I'm annoyed that they are even in the game...

[quote name='lokizz']and id still like to know why they didnt add an option for custom female hero/villan skins.[/QUOTE]
I know it was asked (quite a bit at that during both betas) so they likely ran out of time to implement it.

2 more changes id like to see made is the option to not be added to games in progress ( kinda sucks to be tossed into a game thats pretty much done).

and the ability to turn off being a spawn point for your teammates. i hate having people spawn on me and either block me into a spot or keep me from being able to shoot someone.

[quote name='lokizz']2 more changes id like to see made is the option to not be added to games in progress ( kinda sucks to be tossed into a game thats pretty much done).[/quote]

I do understand the dislike (and I think it should be implemented in free for all) but I suspect much of the player base wouldn't join a game in progress as it currently stands if given choice... Which means it would quickly revert back to UC2 and 5 on 1 teams and ND having to add a quit penalty to the game.

I'm not saying its bad one way or another... Plenty of other games (like Halo) don't add players to matches for this to be a horrible idea... but right now the UC is to use to quitting matches when things go bad.

[quote name='lokizz']and the ability to turn off being a spawn point for your teammates. i hate having people spawn on me and either block me into a spot or keep me from being able to shoot someone.[/QUOTE]

This might be possible in the game... Let me look around see if I can find anything on it.

Edit: Guess not. I could have swore I had pressed up to high five a held it for a very, very long time to have it disable... but I guess not cause I don't even see it.

The buddy system I don't know what to make of it to be honest... I mostly play with friends so it doesn't much matter for me and I really only care about my buddy when trying to level up the Team Safe booster.

Just beat it this afternoon. I'm a bit surprised I'm not the only one who disliked this game. It wasn't bad, just had some things that really pissed me off.

• The melee combat sucks. Like lolkiz, Arkham City was the last game I played. It's not a perfect game either but the combat is. This is awful though. It's too awkard and takes too long. I lost track of how many times I died because I would end up getting in a melee fight trying to reload or take cover. It's hard to break out of it and take cover when there are tons of guys shooting you during it.
  • There are a lot of ridiculous difficulty spikes. Mostly the gun fights. If I didn't have the right weapon, it was over. The section on the boat in the theater was especially bad. Another I hated was in the desert when you have to take out 2 trucks. A guy with a grenade launcher kept shooting them right between my feet. Every time. In a lot of other fights, it seems like you're taking cover and either a guy with a shotgun comes right to your side and 1-shots you or 2 grenades come your way.
  • The puzzles were pretty non-existent, especially once you get to Yemen (I think that's where he met Elena). The puzzles were either incredibly easy or you just wander around hoping to stumble across the solution (like the shadow of the guy with the spear).
  • The plot, especially the historical aspect of it, was ignored most of the game. The announcement trailer focused on T.E. Lawrence and I expected the game to focus a lot on him and his activity during WWI. But he's only mentioned in 1-2 cutscenes. The other games it was much better, they think a historical figure was after something and slowly find out more and that what they're after was something completely different than what they thought. In this, it's "Drake was after this. (a little later) TE Lawrence was looking for it, too" then at the last minute it reveals the secret (a genie in a bottle and the climax from Batman Begins).
  • The ending itself was pretty lackluster. It annoyed me that Drake fired that rocket launcher handgun when he was underwater for about 5 min. It would have been more interesting if they had a standoff and then shot the crane pulling it up. At least there was no drawn out boss fight like the last 2.
  • Marlowe was barely in the second half. She was pretty interesting since she knew Drake and Sully well, but they just teased us with that and completely ignored it the rest of the game.
  • No single player bonuses like cheats or alternate skins for future playthroughs. Huge disappointment for me. Guess it's all about the MP and charging for map packs.
If I didn't like having every game in a series I enjoy, I'd already have Uncharted 3 on my tradelist. I don't think I'll play it again for a long time.

Does anyone else ever have this issue? It rarely happens, but sometimes in MP. It has a mic beside my name like its me talking and I never use a mic. It annoys me to no end.

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']Does anyone else ever have this issue? It rarely happens, but sometimes in MP. It has a mic beside my name like its me talking and I never use a mic. It annoys me to no end.[/QUOTE]
Never really seen it... but my quick guess would be to look to see if your system has a USB mic configured as I sometimes see a chat icon too before I get my headset turned on/plugged in.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Never really seen it... but my quick guess would be to look to see if your system has a USB mic configured as I sometimes see a chat icon too before I get my headset turned on/plugged in.[/QUOTE]

That's the odd part. It doesn't. It was even flashing while another guy was talking like it was me talking. It must be some sort of glitch since it rarely happens. I never have my mic hooked up and I've never used it on the slim where this weird glitch happens.

bread's done
Back