Uncharted:GA, Gravity Rush and Wipeout 2048 free on PS+ for Vita

It looks like the Black Ops Vita game is crap so what's the next best deal for a Vita bundle? I'm definitely in with this announcement.

Sony is going to make so much money off the memory cards from people wanting to download the PS Vita Plus games. :D

thank you for the wonderful wonderful news. guess I need to sell uncharted. been wanting gravity rush................I have to wait til next week. fuck. O well this right here is the reason i got a vita. just surprised it took so long.

Holy cow. Wasn't expecting that many freebies. Nice job Sony :D

[quote name='Richard Kain']Free games you get from Playstation+ don't expire when your subscription lapses. It just means you won't be able to get any of the new free games that come out. If I download and install those free games on my PS3 and Vita, I will be able to continue enjoying them for as long as I please, even if I don't renew my Playstation+ subscription.[/QUOTE]
False.

Sorry if this has already been asked...

Will I be able to claim the free Vita downloads from my PS3 if I don't have a Vita yet?

wow sony stepped up. there are tons of games to play now. super stoked on gravity rush the only game i got is uncharted so this is mega awesome. Also the great tunes of jetset radio.

[quote name='Vegan']Sorry if this has already been asked...

Will I be able to claim the free Vita downloads from my PS3 if I don't have a Vita yet?[/QUOTE]
yes indeed.

Just traded in Gravity Rush and Uncharted at gamestop. They're going for 11 and 10 respectively. After the 10% PowerUp and 10$ bonus for trading in 3 games, I got 29.76$ for them.

[quote name='TwistedShade']Call of duty bundle is the better deal since it's going to be 199.99. Haven't seen the Assassins creed bundle on sale anywhere.[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, the white vita look slick. Maybe I just have a soft spot for white Sony gadget! :D

I think a while back there was a pre-order bonus for $15 off any $49.99+ (NewEgg) and with a gift card that I had, it knocked the price down to $179.99. I was pretty happy :applause:

[quote name='Deathdenial']In my opinion, the white vita look slick. Maybe I just have a soft spot for white Sony gadget! :D

I think a while back there was a pre-order bonus for $15 off any $49.99+ (NewEgg) and with a gift card that I had, it knocked the price down to $179.99. I was pretty happy :applause:[/QUOTE]

I ordered the white AC bundle from Amazon today. The BO bundle will be cheaper and you can just sell the game if you don't want it, but I didn't want to mess with Black Friday crowds and I too think the white looks pretty sweet. And I had lots of credit from Best Buy that I converted to Amazon credit, and since I don't get taxed by Amazon here, I felt like it was worth it to just order now.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I ordered the white AC bundle from Amazon today. The BO bundle will be cheaper and you can just sell the game if you don't want it, but I didn't want to mess with Black Friday crowds and I too think the white looks pretty sweet. And I had lots of credit from Best Buy that I converted to Amazon credit, and since I don't get taxed by Amazon here, I felt like it was worth it to just order now.[/QUOTE]

Congrats Tyler on getting a Vita especially the AC bundle. The white Vita looks pretty slick. I think a game everybody was hoping for to be free was Escape Plan since we got the cheap DLC.

P.S.

Everybody in this thread DON'T FEED THE TROLLS. You know who they are!

I wonder if I can get BB to price match amazon for the 16gb vita card...guess it's worth a shot. Getting $21 for gravity rush will make it an easy purchase too.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I ordered the white AC bundle from Amazon today. The BO bundle will be cheaper and you can just sell the game if you don't want it, but I didn't want to mess with Black Friday crowds and I too think the white looks pretty sweet. And I had lots of credit from Best Buy that I converted to Amazon credit, and since I don't get taxed by Amazon here, I felt like it was worth it to just order now.[/QUOTE]
the white vita looks really nice. i personally like it better than my black one

[quote name='DemonsMaster']I wonder if I can get BB to price match amazon for the 16gb vita card...guess it's worth a shot. Getting $21 for gravity rush will make it an easy purchase too.[/QUOTE]

How is it a $21 trade in? Isn't it $10 x 2 = $20?

[quote name='Bumslie']Congrats Tyler on getting a Vita especially the AC bundle. The white Vita looks pretty slick. I think a game everybody was hoping for to be free was Escape Plan since we got the cheap DLC.

P.S.

Everybody in this thread DON'T FEED THE TROLLS. You know who they are![/QUOTE]

Thank you, I can't wait to get it!

[quote name='ZildjianKX']How is it a $21 trade in? Isn't it $10 x 2 = $20?[/QUOTE]

He probably has their rewards program which gets you an extra 10% on the 10$ base value, so an extra 1$. ;)

[quote name='Brash_Attack']Lets go third-party memory cards![/QUOTE]

MPKTf.gif

Wow, that is an impressive start, especially with Jet Set Radio included. Good to know that if I end up buying a Vita in a year or two, I'll have a few dozen free games (by that time) coming with it.

[quote name='GBAstar']I really like what Sony is doing. I wish they would do more PR in an attempt to push more units. But you'd still have the idiots who believe the Vita "has no gamez" or complain about the proprietary memory cards. It's only a matter of time though until rocketfish or someone else makes a 3rd party memory card.[/QUOTE]

Rocketfish? They don't even make SD cards for all I know. If it's going to be anybody who will probably have third party Vita cards first if it happens, it's SanDisk.

[quote name='autobot']How do you convert bestbuy credits to amazom?[/QUOTE]

Amazon gift card at Best Buy. Usually, by the computers. An associate at your store can tell you where they are.

[quote name='razorracer83']Rocketfish? They don't even make SD cards. If it's going to be anybody who will probably have third party Vita cards first if it happens, it's SanDisk.[/QUOTE]

Were there ever third party memory sticks? I don't remember if there were or not.

Oh, man, that is a nice selection. I'm so glad I got in on that $171 Vita bundle from Target (when they had the 3G/Wifi + 8GB card bundle for $180 minus redcard savings). I guess I'll finally crack that thing open. Problem is, I thought the 8GB card it came with would be plenty (since I wasn't planning on buying much of anything for download). But this changes things a bit ;).

[quote name='TrumpetDan']Were there ever third party memory sticks? I don't remember if there were or not.[/QUOTE]

The Memory Stick (proprietary Sony format) was a joint Sony/SanDisk/Lexar project. They were the only companies to manufacture retail versions, IIRC. SanDisk was the cheapest, so I think most people with a Sony camera/PSP had a Sandisk branded MS.

You'd think Sony would have learned their lesson over all these years pushing proprietary formats on consumers, only for it to not be adopted and die out.

That having been said, if the Vita lives long enough (is it the only thing that uses these cards?) the price of the memory will go down as they refine the manufacturing process over time. I think it's worthwhile to spend the $80~$100 for a bigger memory card if you're going to take advantage of PS+, but I wouldn't count on 3rd party versions.

[quote name='cagonzall']He probably has their rewards program which gets you an extra 10% on the 10$ base value, so an extra 1$. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yes I have GCU so I got $21 for Gravity Rush. Also BB price matched Amazon @$46.62 for me so after tax and my GC I got from Gravity Rush only $30 cash for a 16gb card. Gotta love PS+

[quote name='aaronrodgers']I thought Jet Set Radio was for PS3? Is this a Vita only edition? I know the game is on 360 as well.[/QUOTE]

The Vita version includes some touch screen enhancements, it was originally set to release alongside the other two versions but it was delayed. Now we know why. :D

I too would take Uncharted GA off someones hands. Thinking about that Black Ops bundle during Black Friday and want UC.

Really liking PS+. Might have to stock another year with the COD @Gamer mag

Decided to sell my physical copy of Uncharted: GA on Amazon. After shipping and Amazon's commission, I was able to get $17 for it. I own Gravity Rush digitally, so can't resell that one.

[quote name='GBAstar']It's only a matter of time though until rocketfish or someone else makes a 3rd party memory card.[/QUOTE]

That's not how proprietary memory works. Sony would have to license the tech to Rocketfish in order to let them make the cards.

and yes, sandisk and lexar had licenses to make PSP memory, which is why there were 3rd party cards for the PSP.

Memory cards are basically the only way Sony is making any money on the Vita currently, they aren't going to license out the mem cards.

[quote name='Seraphinianus']That's not how proprietary memory works. Sony would have to license the tech to Rocketfish in order to let them make the cards.

and yes, sandisk and lexar had licenses to make PSP memory, which is why there were 3rd party cards for the PSP.

Memory cards are basically the only way Sony is making any money on the Vita currently, they aren't going to license out the mem cards.[/QUOTE]

While true, it sure doesn't stop hongkong generics from appearing somewhere down the road once (if) they figure it out. Maybe thats what he meant.

this was a brilliant marketing move for Sony...

Give away these awesome titles and you get to entice people to buy 3 things at once: ps vita, memory card, and ps+ membership.

lol, and all right before the busiest shopping week of the year.

[quote name='aznhero913']this was a brilliant marketing move for Sony...

Give away these awesome titles and you get to entice people to buy 3 things at once: ps vita, memory card, and ps+ membership.

lol, and all right before the busiest shopping week of the year.[/QUOTE]

Like me, in for the white ACIII bundle( hoping someone sells this for $199 on BF) , 32gig card and PS+.

Well played Sony, well played....

Well, thanks to the 90 day return policy from Walmart when I bought the 3 games for $40, I can take those back now, since two of them were Uncharted and Gravity Rush. I'll just pick up Hot Shots on the cheap and get that $40 back.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Memory cards are not the only way Sony is making money but is the way they're trying to prevent psp level piracy. They also have said after launch that we will soon see Sandisk and the like making vita cards.[/QUOTE]

how else are they making money on vita then? Maybe other accessories, but those aren't required to actually use the system. The system itself is sold at a loss. The memory cards are a jillion percent profit. It's their main source of profit for the system. Sandisk won't be making cards any time soon.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Thanks Nerd Nostradamus for the Sandisk glimpse into the future. No one said they were making money on anything, take a look at quarterly reports of losses. They do make money on the sale of the system. Here's some math:
If a vita costs $300 to make and they sell one for $249, they made $249 of $300 on that sale.

Not a profit but they aren't reporting profits. Just large losses.[/QUOTE]

calling me a nerd, then citing Sony quarterly reports for the Vita, really? :lol:

and why the hell would we be talking about the cost of the system. no shit they get money for the system. That's understood.

"Making money" = profit, which is pretty much an understood phrase by anyone who knows English. Memory cards = profit. That was the conversation that was happening. Reading comprehension is good. Jumping in with condescension when you have no clue what's going on is bad.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Yes I have GCU so I got $21 for Gravity Rush. Also BB price matched Amazon @$46.62 for me so after tax and my GC I got from Gravity Rush only $30 cash for a 16gb card. Gotta love PS+[/QUOTE]

Ah, I have GCU, didn't realize I got a trade in bonus. I'll trade in Gravity Rush today! Never traded in at Best Buy before, you just go to customer service?

bread's done
Back