Undertow for $5 on Amazon

looks ok but i've never heard of it befor. thanks for the info though. maybe i'll get it if its still on sale tommarow.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Got this for free a couple years ago during those XBL troubles. It's really not that great.[/QUOTE]
guess i already changed my mind then, thanks.

thanks still op though :D!

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Got this for free a couple years ago during those XBL troubles. It's really not that great.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Just one of those dozens of XBLA games that were the exact same as Geometry Wars. Now it's all tower defense games. Blah.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']Same here. Just one of those dozens of XBLA games that were the exact same as Geometry Wars. Now it's all tower defense games. Blah.[/QUOTE]

??? This game is nothing like Geometry wars.

Game isn't worth $5. I got it for free during a promotion, and I'm considering removing it from my HDD.

Try the demo before buying it. Only advice I can give if you don't believe in my opinion on the suckage.

I remember everyone played this for one day during the free offer. Since then I haven't seen anyone online booting it up. It's pretty bad when they gave it away for free and they still can't get people to play it online. I doubt I'll ever get back to it again, either - played it for a bit and didn't find it any fun.

Luckily one of those xbox updates allowed me to remove 0 GS games. I got it for free, played it for 5 frustrating minutes and never touched it again.

[quote name='dino88']When did Tool release a video game? I'm in![/QUOTE]

Oh man, Tool: Rock Band would be an amazing game! Come on Harmonix!

And ya, got Undertow for free a while ago. Played it with some friends co-op, got some cheevos and haven't played it since.

Yeah ... this is worth "Free" and not much else ... save your $5 ... that new car game that just came out is pretty sweet ... put it towards that ... or the MW2 map pack ... or something. But this game isn't worth it ... even on sale. I got it for free and still never play it ... it's just not a great game ... it's alright ... but not worth the money.

Protip:
Chair Entertainment made Undertow.
Yes, that praised dev team that made Shadow Complex

The more you know!

[quote name='etcrane']or the MW2 map pack[/QUOTE]

do not be stupid and do not put any points into this. if you do, enjoy any other upcoming overpriced dlc from activision.

I don't think Undertow is as bad as everyone likes to say; it is a fun game and it is fun to play with some buddies. $5 is not a bad price for those who missed out on its short freebie weekend years ago.

Yeah, I got it for free too and tried playing it twice, but it wasn't worth nothing :lol:

I didn't think the game was that bad, but the online seems to be completely dead now. I can't never get into a game so if you're going to buy it bear that in mind.

The single player mode isn't that good. I liked the multiplayer, but it's absolutely dead online. It was pretty fun when it was free, because there were actually a couple games going on.

Like most here, i got it for free and dint really enjoy it. On a positve note though, i thought the production value in the cutscenes was high quality.

[quote name='reininop']??? This game is nothing like Geometry wars.[/QUOTE]

It's a dual stick shooter. How is it not like Geometry Wars? Yes, Geometry Wars is way better, but it doesn't change the fact that Undertow (along with several other games) tried cashing in on the whole shooter arcade game deal.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']It's a dual stick shooter. How is it not like Geometry Wars? Yes, Geometry Wars is way better, but it doesn't change the fact that Undertow (along with several other games) tried cashing in on the whole shooter arcade game deal.[/QUOTE]

That's like saying Halo is like ARMA. I mean they're both like FPS's with guns n stuff, amirite?

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']That's like saying Halo is like ARMA. I mean they're both like FPS's with guns n stuff, amirite?[/QUOTE]

What I am saying is that there was a flood of dual stick arcade shooters trying to capitalize on what Geometry Wars did, and Undertow is one of those games.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']What I am saying is that there was a flood of dual stick arcade shooters trying to capitalize on what Geometry Wars did, and Undertow is one of those games.[/QUOTE]
Can't beat that logic.

bread's done
Back