UNOFFICIAL Game Rush Trade in Value of games thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgb0607

CAG Veteran
I figured we should have a thread for this as there seems to be some prices scattered around this site.

Here's what I got for some Xbox games on 6/20:

Mechassualt - $8
Blood Wake - $7
Time Splitters - $8
GTA 3/4 - $25
Indiana Jones- $3
Freedom Fighters- $8
Armed and Dang - $12
Riddick- $35

Traded these in yesterday. Prices before the extra $5. All for Xbox.

Grabbed by the Ghoulies: $7
Soul Calibur 2: $8
Top Spin: $8

They wouldn't accept Guilty Gear XX Reload. They said it wasn't tradeable. Wonder what thats all about.

Morrowind PH(not Gold) $12
Unreal Championship PH XBOX $12
Namco Museum Xbox $13
Pac Man World 2 Xbox $8
Test Drive Xbox $10
NHL Rivals 2004 Xbox $8
All prices are after the $5 bonus.

All of the above, except NHL Rivals are $5 at Toys R Us green tag (50%), or $3 if you have a 70% TRU sale.

[quote name='rafissaying'][quote name='stoned99']Anybody tried trading in the DOA Ultimate disks yet. I wonder if you can trade in the DOA2 portion ??[/quote]

i dont think you can because it doesn't have a sku on the case, its only on the big case. you can always try though[/quote]

I haven't seen the game pack yet, but you can trade in games with no cases at GR. So if it looks like a regular DOA2 disk, you probably can trade it in. You would just have to try.

Went to Gamerush as San Dimas, CA:

After $5 bonus:

PS2-Space Channel 5 - $25
PS2-Dynasty Warriors 3 - $13
PS2-Def Jam Vendetta - $13

Total: $51.

Good thing they took in the Space Channel 5, I think the guy just manually processed the game as I had problem trading it in at another location.

[quote name='supadupacheap'][quote name='dinovelvet'][quote name='supadupacheap']Had the same thing. 2 games didnt ring up the extra $5. Called to ask whats up, got sounds of stupidity coming from the other end of the line.[/quote]

They don't give you the extra $5 if that would make the price greater than the price that they sell the game for, e.g. if they sell Pac-Man for $4.99 and offer $1 trade-in credit for it, then if you trade Pac-Man in with a bunch of other games, then they should be giving you $1 + $5 = $6, but of course they won't because, well, they're attempting to actually make money from this whole enterprise, and they can't do that when paying $6 for a game they sell for $4.99.[/quote]

Thats what I was told but I had the same two games, one got $1, the other got $1 + 5. On another pair of same games, I got + 5 on both. Also, if the + 5 takes you OVER the sale cost, do they not give you ANY bonus? Weird.[/quote]

The explanation I got when I traded in 8 games but only got the bonus for 6 of them was that I only get the +$3 (I was trading ps1 games) for every title after the 3rd one I traded in. That is an odd interpretation of what it says on their flyer isn't it?

[quote name='supadupacheap'][quote name='dinovelvet'][quote name='supadupacheap']Had the same thing. 2 games didnt ring up the extra $5. Called to ask whats up, got sounds of stupidity coming from the other end of the line.[/quote]

They don't give you the extra $5 if that would make the price greater than the price that they sell the game for, e.g. if they sell Pac-Man for $4.99 and offer $1 trade-in credit for it, then if you trade Pac-Man in with a bunch of other games, then they should be giving you $1 + $5 = $6, but of course they won't because, well, they're attempting to actually make money from this whole enterprise, and they can't do that when paying $6 for a game they sell for $4.99.[/quote]

Thats what I was told but I had the same two games, one got $1, the other got $1 + 5. On another pair of same games, I got + 5 on both. Also, if the + 5 takes you OVER the sale cost, do they not give you ANY bonus? Weird.[/quote]

The explanation I got when I traded in 8 games but only got the bonus for 6 of them was that I only get the +$3 (I was trading ps1 games) for every title after the 3rd one I traded in. That is an odd interpretation of what it says on their flyer isn't it?

I'm bummed......

Went to gamestop and got:
NHL 02 - $3
NCAA 02 - $3
GTA3 - $5
Sega GT - $3
Madden 03 - $2
+ 10% off = $14.40 out of pocket

The goal was to use my last gamerush coupon of trade in 5 get PO for $1. I wanted Fable.

I had to drive to a far GR to get fable. The part that sucks is that they would NOT double (or triple) up on deals. So, no $5 extra for the games, no 1/2 off a greatest hit of '04, no 1/2 off a second preowned....if i use the coupon.

So, i just got fable for $1 and got a total of $9 store credit for the 5 games. worst case scenario i don't like fable and i trade it in for $35 store credit (to go with my $9 from today and $60 saved up..he he).

I was just annoyed that I didn't get multiple deals, guess i shouldn't be greedy. :wink:

^^^^ I feel better about something I thought I missed out then... :)

I traded in like 11 games in the past few days, and I just found out in an issue of gamepro (Nov) there are 3 coupons for GR; trade 5 get PO for $1, trade 4 get PO for $5, and trade 3 get PO for $10. I almost hated myself for not checking the magazines for coupons before going to GR. Now that I read the fine print and your experience, I feel a lot better for now.

Yeah, the fine print says clearly "not valid with other deals, dumbass" but my GR has morons working there. So, i've been able to get fantastic deals in the past couple of months.

I just hope my MGS3 and MP2 come in on 11/16. If not, i'm gonna be ticked!

I traded in a few today without the $5 bonus.

Fable Xbox- $35
Toe Jam and Earl 3 Xbox- $8
Freekstyle pS2- $1.50

The clerk also said Gmerush is going to have a new deal soon trade in 2 games and get any new game for $30. So watch out for it folks!

[quote name='DRBagabundo']I have the Fable Strategy Guide, will they take it in?[/quote]

they don't take strategy guides. i think your best bet in selling it would be on ebay. people on ebay are always after strategy guides

I was gonna use my trade in 3, get 1 for $10 coupon today on Street Racing Syndicate (GC). But the PS1 game NBA in the Zone wasn't in their computer, so I couldn't trade it in. So I didn't get SRS. Maybe it was fate. I was wanting to save my coupon for Paper Mario, but I don't think they'll have that used before Nov. 30th. And that GR wasn't doing these new deals either. They still had Buy 1, get 1 Half off.

I asked him the trade in value of SRS anyway.

SRS (GC, PS2) = $25
Mario Golf: TT = $8

[quote name='Green-Bull']I was gonna use my trade in 3, get 1 for $10 coupon today on Street Racing Syndicate (GC). But the PS1 game NBA in the Zone wasn't in their computer, so I couldn't trade it in. So I didn't get SRS. Maybe it was fate. I was wanting to save my coupon for Paper Mario, but I don't think they'll have that used before Nov. 30th. And that GR wasn't doing these new deals either. They still had Buy 1, get 1 Half off.

SRS (GC, PS2) = $25
Mario Golf: TT = $8[/quote]

my GR had a copy of Paper Mario used already...

[quote name='sniper308'][quote name='Green-Bull']I was gonna use my trade in 3, get 1 for $10 coupon today on Street Racing Syndicate (GC). But the PS1 game NBA in the Zone wasn't in their computer, so I couldn't trade it in. So I didn't get SRS. Maybe it was fate. I was wanting to save my coupon for Paper Mario, but I don't think they'll have that used before Nov. 30th. And that GR wasn't doing these new deals either. They still had Buy 1, get 1 Half off.

SRS (GC, PS2) = $25

my GR had a copy of Paper Mario used already...[/quote]

which GR are you going to?

[quote name='sniper308'][quote name='Green-Bull']I was gonna use my trade in 3, get 1 for $10 coupon today on Street Racing Syndicate (GC). But the PS1 game NBA in the Zone wasn't in their computer, so I couldn't trade it in. So I didn't get SRS. Maybe it was fate. I was wanting to save my coupon for Paper Mario, but I don't think they'll have that used before Nov. 30th. And that GR wasn't doing these new deals either. They still had Buy 1, get 1 Half off.

SRS (GC, PS2) = $25

You should have snatched it up! It's now one of my favorite GC games. I wasn't into it at first, but it grew on me...a lot!

I have a question !!

I purchase one game on 10/10 and gift it to my friend but she change her mind and returned back to me this week.

I wonder GR let you return it or exchange it for something different ??

Thanks

[quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='sniper308'][quote name='Green-Bull']I was gonna use my trade in 3, get 1 for $10 coupon today on Street Racing Syndicate (GC). But the PS1 game NBA in the Zone wasn't in their computer, so I couldn't trade it in. So I didn't get SRS. Maybe it was fate. I was wanting to save my coupon for Paper Mario, but I don't think they'll have that used before Nov. 30th. And that GR wasn't doing these new deals either. They still had Buy 1, get 1 Half off.

SRS (GC, PS2) = $25

You should have snatched it up! It's now one of my favorite GC games. I wasn't into it at first, but it grew on me...a lot![/quote]

Already have a copy that I haven't even opened from previous trade deal.

[quote name='rafissaying'][quote name='sniper308'][quote name='Green-Bull']I was gonna use my trade in 3, get 1 for $10 coupon today on Street Racing Syndicate (GC). But the PS1 game NBA in the Zone wasn't in their computer, so I couldn't trade it in. So I didn't get SRS. Maybe it was fate. I was wanting to save my coupon for Paper Mario, but I don't think they'll have that used before Nov. 30th. And that GR wasn't doing these new deals either. They still had Buy 1, get 1 Half off.

SRS (GC, PS2) = $25

which GR are you going to?[/quote]

little bit of a drive for you, it is in Indiana

[quote name='sniper308'][quote name='rafissaying'][quote name='sniper308'][quote name='Green-Bull']I was gonna use my trade in 3, get 1 for $10 coupon today on Street Racing Syndicate (GC). But the PS1 game NBA in the Zone wasn't in their computer, so I couldn't trade it in. So I didn't get SRS. Maybe it was fate. I was wanting to save my coupon for Paper Mario, but I don't think they'll have that used before Nov. 30th. And that GR wasn't doing these new deals either. They still had Buy 1, get 1 Half off.

SRS (GC, PS2) = $25

which GR are you going to?[/quote]

little bit of a drive for you, it is in Indiana[/quote]

haha...yea thats a drive...really wish it was by my neck of the woods

[quote name='Masterkyo']I have a question !!

I purchase one game on 10/10 and gift it to my friend but she change her mind and returned back to me this week.

I wonder GR let you return it or exchange it for something different ??

Thanks[/quote]

I've done this twice. They might gripe, but as long as you either have the receipt or it's still sealed, you should be okay. Good luck and be humble, if you go in acting like a jerk, they probably won't help you out.

Thanks you slavefive !

Just returned "Shadow Hearts 2: Covant". Also, pickup Sonic: Mega Collection Plus, Viewtiful Joe 2, and True Crime: Streets of LA :)

[quote name='Masterkyo']Thanks you slavefive !

Just returned "Shadow Hearts 2: Covant". Also, pickup Sonic: Mega Collection Plus, Viewtiful Joe 2, and True Crime: Streets of LA :)[/quote]

I'm curious......why did you return Shadow Hearts 2? That game looks sweet and I've been planning on getting it soon. Plus, I'm glad to hear that they took it back.

But Viewtiful Joe 2 doesn't come out til next week?

I finally went to Game Rush, and I love it. I took advantage of the trade in 3 and get a preowned for $10, I got Ninja Gaiden, and lucked out and found Star Wars Battlefront for the Xbox (still selling for $44.99 preowned regular price) for $10 each. I had the mail in coupon for $20 off when you trade in, which I used to get Ratchet and Clank UYA. I was told by the employee that whenever you trade in 2, you get $20 off a new game, so I will take advantage of that. Things I traded in (that I can remember):
Space Channel 5 SE disc 1 PS2: $20.00
Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel XBX: $20.00
Zelda LttP GBA: $12.00
Sonic heroes GC: $15.50

Sorry, I don't have the receipt with me, its at home, I'm at work, I'll correct later. I also traded Tetris Worlds GBA, Street fighter EX+a PS1, Tekken 3 PS1, Mario Party 2 N64, Jet Force Gemini N64 (the N64 games don't count for the trade 3, PO for $10 deal) for not so much money. They wouldn't take Ultimate Card Games for GBA cause it wasn't in the system, and they couldn't take my Halo cause it said Not For Resale (which he said he'd ask his manager about). The employee was cool, said I could get $20 off a new game next time he worked cause I traded 2 games that didn't go towards a new one. When I check my receipt, I'll post more accurate values.

All in all, I made out like a bandit. I traded in the above games, and walked out with PO Ninja Gaiden and SW Battlefront for Xbox, R&C UYA PS2, Xbox live 1 yr pack, and rented Mario Tennis with only paying $44 OOP. I love Gamerush.

Trade ins:
Corrections from the last post:

Space Channel 5 SE disc 1 PS2: $20.00
Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel XBX: $20.00
Zelda LttP GBA: $12.00
Sonic heroes GC: $15.50
Tekken 3 PS1: $1.50
Street Fighter EX2 +a PS1: $2.00
Tetris Worlds GBA: $2.00
Mario Party 2 N64: $5.00
Jet Force Gemini N64: $1.50

Trade ins today:
Brave Fencer Musashi PS1: $2.00
Metroid Prime GC: $7.00
Amplitude PS2: $7.00

I traded in a few more today:

PSX NFL Gameday 2004- $1.50
PS2 SHOX- $7.00
Xbox Mortal Kombat: Deception CE- $35.00

Kinda disappointed the CE nets you as much as the regular edition.

traded in:

ps1 - cool boarders 4 $1.00
ps1 - dave mirra freestyle bmx $1.00
ps1 - motocross mania - $1.50

did the trade in 3 get a PO for $10

got Mortal Kombat:Deception CE for about $7

[quote name='jntznjamz']traded in:

ps1 - cool boarders 4 $1.00
ps1 - dave mirra freestyle bmx $1.00
ps1 - motocross mania - $1.50

did the trade in 3 get a PO for $10

got Mortal Kombat:Deception CE for about $7[/quote]

Did it come with the kollector's card and second disc? Mine had no bonus disc or card so I sold it back to them and kept my oriignal version.

yeah it came with the second disc and card. pretty awesome. and also got burnout 3 with the same deal. im lovin' gamerush right now.

[quote name='shipwreck']This is generally how GameRush gives credit:

-GAMERUSH-
Thanks to video_gamer324 for following info:
It seems like GameRush has a pattern with trade-in credit. It goes kind
of like this:
They Sell:/They Buy:
$3 / $.50
$5 / $1
$7 / $2
$10 / $3
$13-$15 / $7
$17-$30 / (approx. 50% of their selling price)
$33 / $20
$35 / $21
$40 / $25
$45 / $30

Maybe a more useful list would be games that we know are cheap elsewhere that give you high credit at GameRush. For example, Wild Arms 3 (PS2) is $10 at Circuit City and was worth $25 in store credit at GR. Also Smash Cars, $5 at Best Buy is worth $18 at GR.[/quote]

does Game Crazy give about the same amount of credit as Game Rush? i only ask because i have a Game Crazy close to me and Game Rush is about a 20 min drive :roll:

[quote name='sephiroth8748'][quote name='shipwreck']This is generally how GameRush gives credit:

-GAMERUSH-
of like this:
$3 / $.50
$5 / $1
$7 / $2
$10 / $3
$13-$15 / $7
$33 / $20
$35 / $21
$40 / $25
$45 / $30

Maybe a more useful list would be games that we know are cheap elsewhere that give you high credit at GameRush. For example, Wild Arms 3 (PS2) is $10 at Circuit City and was worth $25 in store credit at GR. Also Smash Cars, $5 at Best Buy is worth $18 at GR.[/quote]

does Game Crazy give about the same amount of credit as Game Rush? i only ask because i have a Game Crazy close to me and Game Rush is about a 20 min drive :roll:[/quote]

Nope, not from my experience at least.

I found a mint Strider 1/2 for PS1 last night at GR. It was only $9.99!!! It is basically brand new. I wonder why someone would trade it in?

Kissimmee/Orlando, Florida area trade in's:

PS2

Socom - 7$
Socom Logitech Headset - 10$
Kill. Switch - 12$
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun - 8$
NBA Street Vol 2 - 8$
Rainbow Six 3 - 5$

XBOX

Leisure Suit Larry - 25$

For a total of 75$

Got:

XBOX

Halo 2 Limited Collectors Edition(New) - $34.99
X-Men Legends(New) - $29.99

They were no longer doing the 5$ more for evey three games.

picked up some cheap games at a non gamerush blockbuster b2g1f, i had store credit there that they would'nt put on a gift card since it was for a returned item........ Bought the 3 games below for $21.18 GR credit.

Traded in
ps2
Unlimited Saga - $7
Mission Impossible 0peration Surma - $3
xbox
Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of some crap $3

got Mortal Kombat Deception regular edition
in perfect conditon not even sticker goo. The first GR i went to had just the dvd in a clear case for the same price that pisses me off.

Total price: $7.40 of my GR credit.

I also found 2 new gr store about 10 miles away from me. One of them was the worst i've been to they had like 50 copies each of old crap games and the only couple of good games they had were dvd only. BUT i also found the mecca of GR stores. My new favorite they have all the newer games in stock used with the exception of games released this month. Tons of $35 dollar trade in value games :D. Time to start building back up my credit roll. \:D/

Also picked up a few more games with the last of my in store credit at that non GR BB. I assume they'll all be $3 each so grand total another $7.40 GR credit for a game i can trade back in for $35 credit at another store. I have 4 GR's within prolly a 20 mile radius. :twisted:

Xbox
Harry Potter and the trash chamber
Alias
Mission Impossible operation surma

$hady, do you know how often you can do what you did before they start giving you problems? Do you know how long they keep a record of your trade-in? I was doing something similar to what you did except that I buy those cheap $6.99 games for the trade 3 get 1 for 10.

Btw, I was hoping to build my credit back up too!

[quote name='sephiroth8748'][quote name='shipwreck']This is generally how GameRush gives credit:

-GAMERUSH-
of like this:
$3 / $.50
$5 / $1
$7 / $2
$10 / $3
$13-$15 / $7
$33 / $20
$35 / $21
$40 / $25
$45 / $30

does Game Crazy give about the same amount of credit as Game Rush? i only ask because i have a Game Crazy close to me and Game Rush is about a 20 min drive :roll:[/quote]

GameCrazy GUARENTEES the highest trade value. Have them call your GameRush and they'll give you a dollar or two more than GameRush will.

You can't do what Shady is doing for long; I'm living proof. Eventually they'll check your account and crack down on you. For me, it took about a week (going every two days to three different GameRushes).

I'm more respectful of the gold-laying goose now.

Anyone know how much you get nowadays for:

Street Racing Syndicate
Madden 2005 PS2/XB

and/or whether these will be dropping tomorrow. Also wondering if SW: Battlefronts will be dropping tomorrow. Thanks.

[quote name='jshorr']Anyone know how much you get nowadays for:

Street Racing Syndicate
Madden 2005 PS2/XB

and/or whether these will be dropping tomorrow. Also wondering if SW: Battlefronts will be dropping tomorrow. Thanks.[/quote]

madden already dropped, i traded it on saturday for $16, don't know if it'll drop again. Battlefronts probably wont drop, i saw a flyer that was dated 11/16 that had it listed as $35.

[quote name='aarif1'][quote name='jshorr']Anyone know how much you get nowadays for:

Street Racing Syndicate
Madden 2005 PS2/XB

and/or whether these will be dropping tomorrow. Also wondering if SW: Battlefronts will be dropping tomorrow. Thanks.[/quote]

madden already dropped, i traded it on saturday for $16, don't know if it'll drop again. Battlefronts probably wont drop, i saw a flyer that was dated 11/16 that had it listed as $35.[/quote]

hey what else did you see on that flyler? :)

They basically limited my trading by an extreme degree, both officially and unofficially. They would make up reasons not to take my games ("This is too scratched" on games with virtually no scratches) and limited me to one trade per day, never to trade the same title twice on one account.

The restrictions went away though, but they used to pop up everytime I went into a new Blockbuster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back