[Up to $19 now] Final Fantasy Origins for PS1 $11.69 on amazon

This was in my Gold Box today. I mean...$12.99 was steep, but at $12.34, I just couldn't resist a deal like that! LOL Still, in for one. Been waiting for this for a while so I could finish out my collection of the PS1 remakes.

Well it does have better music. Ideally the Playstation Portable ones would be the ones to get though since they're portable, but they cost more. This is how I played Final Fantasy 2 a couple of years back.

[quote name='rpepper']How involved is Amazon's price match process? I'm talking < $1 here...worth it?[/quote]

It isn't, as amazon doesn't price match.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I owned FF 1 & 2, 4, 5 on GBA and FF 3 on DS. No reason to buy PS1 game :)[/quote]ditto but thanks OP

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']It isn't, as amazon doesn't price match.[/QUOTE]

Wrong,they do price adjust. Just send an email to customer serive if you brought it within 30 days

[quote name='62t']Wrong,they do price adjust. Just send an email to customer serive if you brought it within 30 days[/quote]

Technically he is not wrong, as price matching is to match a competitor not oneself, which amazon does not do. Price adjusting is to match oneself, but he probably meant price adjusting since he is talking about amazon matching a later price so you are technically not wrong either.:cool:

I have ll of the GBA and DS versions of FF. But for those who don't, this is a great deal to play some true classics (although I have not personally experienced the load times on this, so I can't remark on that).

[quote name='darkclawsofchaos']Technically he is not wrong, as price matching is to match a competitor not oneself, which amazon does not do. Price adjusting is to match oneself, but he probably meant price adjusting since he is talking about amazon matching a later price so you are technically not wrong either.:cool:[/quote]

You're all right. :p I DID mean price adjusting, and apologize for the confusion!

Tempting.

I do have $15 on my account to use from that flat worlds thing.

It's between this and a Speed Racer bobble head :p

The load times kill me with the older FF's. I couldn't stand it with FF: Anthology and Chronicles which is why I opted for the GBA versions. I played all of those that were available on the NES and SNES originally, so it was too much a difference to deal with for me.

if there's a choice between a version with load times and a version w/o I fail to see how this is a choice. I'm gonna stick with my GBAs. I just need V and VI. I'll let my peeps know though maybe they'll beinterested.

[quote name='Antic']The load times kill me with the older FF's. I couldn't stand it with FF: Anthology and Chronicles which is why I opted for the GBA versions. I played all of those that were available on the NES and SNES originally, so it was too much a difference to deal with for me.[/quote]

Final Fantasy Origins have zero load times. They are as fast as carts.

(The games are small enough to fit in the PS1's ram, hence no need to load)

[quote name='MoxManiac_']Final Fantasy Origins have zero load times. They are as fast as carts.

(The games are small enough to fit in the PS1's ram, hence no need to load)[/QUOTE]
Your username makes me perturbed.

[quote name='MoxManiac_']Final Fantasy Origins have zero load times. They are as fast as carts.

(The games are small enough to fit in the PS1's ram, hence no need to load)[/quote]

I wasn't implying that I knew it was that way for this PS1 older FF collection, but if it's like the other two then I want nothing to do with it. It still stands about FF:A and FF:C though (I know from personal experience there).

EDIT: Even still, it doesn't justify me personally buying it. I have it on GBA and a Gameboy player for the Gamecube. It's great for anyone who hasn't got I and II on their PSP or GBA.

[quote name='Antic']The load times kill me with the older FF's. I couldn't stand it with FF: Anthology and Chronicles which is why I opted for the GBA versions. I played all of those that were available on the NES and SNES originally, so it was too much a difference to deal with for me.[/QUOTE]

I played 2, 4, and 5 on the Playstation and none of them had load times worth worrying about. The Origins games have better music than the Gameboy Advance can do though.

bread's done
Back