UPDATE: Guitar Hero BUNDLE w/ guitar = $79.99 @ Gamestop.com & Ebgames

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
edit: Gredy GS/EB raised price to $79.99. Buy it somewhere else if you can, MSRP is $69.99

Now $69.99 at both EB and GS
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/257934.asp
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=280005

See Wombat play Guitar Hero at Digital Life NYC
VIDEO - 18MB - right click and save as

if it is indeed $49.99, this is one hell of a deal since it comes with a kick ass guitar controller. anyone know if ebgames will honor this price if redoctone announces a higher price in the future?

update: Ebgames updated their Guitar Hero page. It now says "Guitar Hero Bundle" and still at $50. Could this actually be the real price?

257934.jpg

update: Price has been raised to $79.99

NEW UPDATE: $69.99 at Gamestop.com http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=280005

Okay after I saw that people are already getting it I drove to Best Buy at around 8PM or so. The shelves were stocked full and there was about 10 or so. I'm probably the only one that bought one today. Been playing for about 45 minutes now and I'm loving it. I get super excited everytime I get a new music game, especially because I never buy imports (except for DS) and haven't played Guitar Freaks in ages. Now I gotta cancel my preorder and just order a second guitar.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Okay after I saw that people are already getting it I drove to Best Buy at around 8PM or so. The shelves were stocked full and there was about 10 or so. I'm probably the only one that bought one today.[/QUOTE]

I really need to pick this up tomorrow. Which Best Buy did you go to?

Also, to anyone who has the game already, have you come across any awesome and/or suprising tracks that haven't been previously announced?

I went to the Best Buy in Emeryville. Theres an Unlock Shop and you can get some songs that I don't think were listed on the announced tracklist.

Now that I think about it, the biggest downside to Guitar Hero is that you don't get to make your own Freqs/Characters like in Freq and Amp. With the Career Mode, you'd think they'd impliment it. Still a awesome game though.

Well, I was at a BB tonight, and they didn't have it out yet. I can't afford to buy it right now anyway, but I asked the blue shirt if they had gotten it in. She looked it up and told me that it is on their website, but it isn't even in the store's system yet. Oh well, no big deal.

Just curious - is everyone that picked it up in California? That's where Red Octane's headquarters are located so it seems likely they might receive it first for shipping and what not. Anyone towards the east coast of the country see it as well?

Anyone see Guitar Hero outside of the San Francisco Bay Area? According to the Best Buy web site, that's where all of the Guitar Hero units are. Not even any in LA yet. Of course, since RedOctane is located in the Bay Area, this makes perfect sense, so I guess the rest of the country will have to wait a few days.

[quote name='gugaplex']I'm in Rockland County NY, near the northern border of NY/NJ and my local bestbuy had it in stock yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected. There is also appears to be some stores near Boston that have it as well. C'mon, Atlanta Best Buys! Where's your shipment?

It seems as though the availability of the game today is a bit spotty. Here in the St. Paul, Minnesota area, I've checked the Best Buy stores in Roseville and in Inver Grove Heights, and neither has the game. As a matter of fact, the Inver Grove Heights store checked their system for me and can't even find the game listed, and I was told that meant that they might not receive any copies of the game. I also checked the EB in Roseville, and was told that, since their store received no preorders for the game, they aren't showing any coming in. Finally, the GameStop in West St. Paul doesn't have an arrival date showing in their system, and I was told to use the website date (currently listed as November 3) as their release date.

So, I'm not having much luck finding the game up North here. Any other Twin Cities residents having different results?

[quote name='EnsignGarak']It seems as though the availability of the game today is a bit spotty. Here in the St. Paul, Minnesota area, I've checked the Best Buy stores in Roseville and in Inver Grove Heights, and neither has the game. As a matter of fact, the Inver Grove Heights store checked their system for me and can't even find the game listed, and I was told that meant that they might not receive any copies of the game. I also checked the EB in Roseville, and was told that, since their store received no preorders for the game, they aren't showing any coming in. Finally, the GameStop in West St. Paul doesn't have an arrival date showing in their system, and I was told to use the website date (currently listed as November 3) as their release date.

So, I'm not having much luck finding the game up North here. Any other Twin Cities residents having different results?[/QUOTE]

EB Told me tommorow it would be in, :(

As far as I know this game isn't coming from a big company so I'd expect its release to be subtle.

The manager of my local EB loved this game when he played it at the EB-Gamestop merger conference thingy. He said he got to play previews of most of the XB360 games, but the game he liked the most was Guitar Hero on the good ol' PS2. And he's not a rhythm game fan nor has ever played Guitar Freaks. He was shocked how much he got hooked on it.

BTW, he also had good things to say about Gun, but warned me about Perfect Dark Zero.

[quote name='EnsignGarak']It seems as though the availability of the game today is a bit spotty. Here in the St. Paul, Minnesota area, I've checked the Best Buy stores in Roseville and in Inver Grove Heights, and neither has the game. As a matter of fact, the Inver Grove Heights store checked their system for me and can't even find the game listed, and I was told that meant that they might not receive any copies of the game. I also checked the EB in Roseville, and was told that, since their store received no preorders for the game, they aren't showing any coming in. Finally, the GameStop in West St. Paul doesn't have an arrival date showing in their system, and I was told to use the website date (currently listed as November 3) as their release date.

So, I'm not having much luck finding the game up North here. Any other Twin Cities residents having different results?[/QUOTE]

Ensign,

If you look at in-store availability, you can see what stores have received their copies. In the St. Paul area, it looks like both the Maplewood and Edina stores have their copies. Whether or not you can buy one is another story. They might be stuck in the back and you'd have to get a nice employee to get one for you. Hope this helps out a bit. Oh, and I went to a store that supposedly had copies in the back (wouldn't go look) but their computer didn't have the game either. Who knows what the deal is....

BestBuy has them? That really pisses me off. I'd checked their site this weekend to see if they had a listing, so I could get RZ points (plus miscellaneous coupons). But since they didn't, I went ahead and put down a preorder at EB. Normally cancelling/moving a preorder wouldn't be such a big deal, but the manager at my EB is the asshole, eternally-pissed off type, and I don't want to reverse what could have been forward progress initiated by preordering this expensive item.

Eh.

UPDATE: Well that makes it less "dramatic." I checked the store locator, and seems my closest BB doesn't have them. I'm sure they couldn't have sold out already. And the next closest store is about at 25 minute drive. To EB I go.

[quote name='Felder71']If you look at in-store availability, you can see what stores have received their copies. In the St. Paul area, it looks like both the Maplewood and Edina stores have their copies. Whether or not you can buy one is another story. They might be stuck in the back and you'd have to get a nice employee to get one for you. Hope this helps out a bit. [/QUOTE]

Sure, it helps a lot, Felder. Thanks!

I didn't realize that Best Buy had a store locator feature online. I went to check their site before I made my original post, but they were off-line making site updates at the time.

Thanks again for your suggestion!

if you dont see the game on shelves, make sure you ask them to check the backroom for any copies. the computer doesnt have the game listed for some reason but there's a good chance it's hiding somewhere in their stock room or whatever

[quote name='Wario64']if you dont see the game on shelves, make sure you ask them to check the backroom for any copies. the computer doesnt have the game listed for some reason but there's a good chance it's hiding somewhere in their stock room or whatever[/QUOTE]

Someone mentioned on the official forums that to search for the game on the store's computer, you should look up "RedOctane" as one word. Otherwise, it won't show up. I don't know what kind of stupid search engine technology they have at the store where the web site is able to pull it up searching for "Guitar" but the instore computers have no idea.

I'm starting to doubt that any EBGames are going to see the game 11/2. It doesn't look like it's shipped yet, according to the web site. Best Buy may be our best bet for the rest of the week.

[quote name='Felder71']
I'm starting to doubt that any EBGames are going to see the game 11/2. It doesn't look like it's shipped yet, according to the web site. Best Buy may be our best bet for the rest of the week.[/QUOTE]

EBGames website has changed the release date to 11/07

[quote name='videodrone']EBGames website has changed the release date to 11/07[/QUOTE]

They better fucking not have! They told me today and I will be PISSED if I don't get it today when I head over there.

[quote name='Dingleberry']That's why i never pre-rder there anymore. Other stores get them in earlier.[/QUOTE]

Other stores will get them in earlier...at 69.99. I preordered mine at 49.99.

RedOctane announced the release date as Nov. 8 a loooooooong time ago. No stores will be getting it this week.

[quote name='mkelehan']RedOctane announced the release date as Nov. 8 a loooooooong time ago. No stores will be getting it this week.[/QUOTE]

Because you obviously read the thread and youmust have read where people have picked this game up already.

Rolling my eyes so fucking hard.

[quote name='Zoglog']Does anyone know if this controller works with guitarfreaks?[/QUOTE]

it doesn't, it's a different setup.

[quote name='Cmosfm']it doesn't, it's a different setup.[/QUOTE]

are you positive, i've been getting mixed comments, also some people say the guitarfreaks controllers from topway work for this game.

, the guitar isn't compatible with Konami's Guitar Freaks games, so if you're looking to replace your increasingly rare and somewhat flimsy Konami guitars, you're out of luck.

I cry =(

[quote name='mkelehan']RedOctane announced the release date as Nov. 8 a loooooooong time ago. No stores will be getting it this week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah this is what I thought as well. However it seems people are getting them. *sigh* Oh well i'm prob going to go to GS and reserve one just in case. (Since they don't get theirs in till tomarrow)

Oh and get a ps2 as well ... or at least borrow my friends .. (wants a xbox version)

I picked mine up at Best Buy in Kildeer IL today.

I tried the EBs and GameStops, but none of them even seem to know when it's coming.

Well motherfuck my day is ruined.

At EB they tell me they didn't ship them to the store overnight like they usually do, and the EARLIEST they will get them in is Friday if they are lucky, but more like sometime next week. I don't know if saving 20.00 was worth the wait now. :(

[quote name='Cmosfm']Well motherfuck my day is ruined.

At EB they tell me they didn't ship them to the store overnight like they usually do, and the EARLIEST they will get them in is Friday if they are lucky, but more like sometime next week. I don't know if saving 20.00 was worth the wait now. :([/QUOTE]
Here's a tip. Buy it from Best Buy so you can play it right away. Then when your EB pre-order arrives, return that copy to Best Buy and get your $70 back. In the end, you're only out the $50 at EB and you got to play it right away.

I'm thinking about doing this myself if my Best Buy has it in stock when I go there tonight. I'm sick of waiting for EB as well.

Another update about the NewEgg deal. I called them this morning and the customer service lady was clueless. She had no idea what the product was and after I told her the item number, she pretty much just read off what was on the website and said, "Oh gee, there's no pic. Sorry, can't help you." However, she did confirm that I can just cancel the preorder right away it before they send it out if I find out that it doesn't come with a controller.

I noticed that the shipping from NewEgg is only $2.99. That seems kind of too little for them to ship the controller also. Isn't that the standard shipping price for just games only?

I just ordered the two-guitar bundle from RedOctane. They have free shipping for this (and all other orders over $40). I saw the review in EGM and then remember overlooking this topic on the main page several times. "Guitar Hero?", I thought, "Why, that sounds stupid. I'll think I'll pass." I read the EGM article and now I must get it.

*dances* I'm so excited! Do-do-do-do-do-do. And I just can't hide it. Do-do-do-do-do-do...

I read through most of this thread. Wonder if I should hold off in hopes this one drops. I really don't want to drop $70 on a game...

(Well, $65 with a GGC. :roll: )

[quote name='Rig']I read through most of this thread. Wonder if I should hold off in hopes this one drops. I really don't want to drop $70 on a game...

(Well, $65 with a GGC. :roll: )[/QUOTE]

then back up to 70 after tax...;)

[quote name='The_Continental']Anybody get notification of shipment from Newegg yet?[/QUOTE]
Haven't heard anything about my order yet. They don't even have a date for when the game is released on their site anywhere as far as I know. Hope this goes through.

bread's done
Back