UPDATE: Guitar Hero BUNDLE w/ guitar = $79.99 @ Gamestop.com & Ebgames

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
edit: Gredy GS/EB raised price to $79.99. Buy it somewhere else if you can, MSRP is $69.99

Now $69.99 at both EB and GS
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/257934.asp
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=280005

See Wombat play Guitar Hero at Digital Life NYC
VIDEO - 18MB - right click and save as

if it is indeed $49.99, this is one hell of a deal since it comes with a kick ass guitar controller. anyone know if ebgames will honor this price if redoctone announces a higher price in the future?

update: Ebgames updated their Guitar Hero page. It now says "Guitar Hero Bundle" and still at $50. Could this actually be the real price?

257934.jpg

update: Price has been raised to $79.99

NEW UPDATE: $69.99 at Gamestop.com http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=280005

[quote name='D. Monic']Here's a tip. Buy it from Best Buy so you can play it right away. Then when your EB pre-order arrives, return that copy to Best Buy and get your $70 back. In the end, you're only out the $50 at EB and you got to play it right away.

I'm thinking about doing this myself if my Best Buy has it in stock when I go there tonight. I'm sick of waiting for EB as well.[/QUOTE]

Due to my work schedule I wouldn't get to Best Buy until Sunday anyway, and then I'd have to make a 1 hour round trip from home to do so, so I'll just wait.

Oh great now more rumors that it works with guitarfreaks. Doesnt Anyone have a modded PS2 and guitar hero so they can test it out!?

I keep holding myself back from buying this but you people make it sound so great ( and everyone else, too). I wanted to wait, dammit.

[quote name='Zoglog']Oh great now more rumors that it works with guitarfreaks. Doesnt Anyone have a modded PS2 and guitar hero so they can test it out!?[/QUOTE]

rumors where?

I know we're suposed to always be out for the best prices and all, but if you have any interest in these kind of games you should go just go ahead and buy it. Use some Best Buy Bucks, Red coupon, GGC, Coinstar that bucket of change you got laying around, do whatever to knock that price down. $70 is pricey, but at least we can finally play a guitar game on a US console and its a whole lot cheaper than importing and modding. Support Red Octane (and maybe they'll thank us with more sales) and let Guitar Hero hit some high sale numbers. Maybe Konami will pay some attention start releasing all their other music games. We are suposed to get Beatmania soon but thats long overdue.

I'm still skeptical since I've been playing bemani for a long time. But My girlfriend picked it up for me today, she said the box was heavy which is a good sign since it means the controller is pretty good quality unlike my piece of Crap Topway's. I would love to try it with my guitarfreaks games but can't do that till tomorrow then I will know for sure.

as for IIDX, I just want them to release a domestic version of the arcade style controller ;) hopefully for 200 .

Hmm I wouldn't say the box is heavy at all, I think the controller is great quality but it would feel more solid if it had some weight to it.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Hmm I wouldn't say the box is heavy at all, I think the controller is great quality but it would feel more solid if it had some weight to it.[/QUOTE]

k I guess my girlfriend is just weak? lol But it's good to hear it's solid.

Has anyone gotten a guitar with squeaky fret buttons? My green and red ones tend to make a lot of noise. Want to know if it's normal or not.

I think its normal to get a little squeek now and then, particularly if you're pushing them in towards the edge of the button and not the center. Only noticed it a couple times when I first played yesterday. I played for like an hour today and don't think I noticed any squeeking.

On another note, I didn't think I was good enough to play Expert but man thats when it really gets fun and challenging.

The EB shipping delay gave me a good excuse to buy from BestBuy and go ahead and earn RZ points and use a GGC coupon. I wound up moving my preorder at EB to Mario Kart (coming out sooner than I thought!).

While at Best Buy, I also caved and bought Star Wars: RotS. It's on sale for $15 and has the free lithograph.....but I'm thinking it's not even worth that. Sure, I think its the best of the prequel trilogy, but that's not saying much at all. Are the extras good enough for me to keep/not-return it?

[quote name='Felder71']In the St. Paul area, it looks like both the Maplewood and Edina stores have their copies.[/QUOTE]

UPDATE: Yesterday (Wednesday, November 2), I trekked out to the Best Buy in Maplewood. They had six or eight copies of the game on the shelves when I got there, and one fewer copy upon my departure.

Thanks again for the tip about the store locator feature on the Best Buy site, Felder! :applause:

I was hoping to wait until December to buy this, because of a bunch of games coming out mid-Novemeber, but now I'm tempted to buy this right now. Originally, I thought the game was delayed a week, but I guess Best Buy has it in then.

[quote name='EnsignGarak']UPDATE: Yesterday (Wednesday, November 2), I trekked out to the Best Buy in Maplewood. They had six or eight copies of the game on the shelves when I got there, and one fewer copy upon my departure.

Thanks again for the tip about the store locator feature on the Best Buy site, Felder! :applause:[/QUOTE]

I'm just happy to see another satisfied guitar hero in the midst! Rawk on!

P.S. - This game exceeds every expectation I had for a guitar video game. The atmosphere is simply incredible and the guitar is of extremely high quality. Hats off to both RedOctane and Harmonix. I hope they get the sales they deserve.

Checked BB's website and found that it was in stock at my local store. Went there and nada. It was not even in their systems. What a letdown.

[quote name='roachie17']Checked BB's website and found that it was in stock at my local store. Went there and nada. It was not even in their systems. What a letdown.[/QUOTE]

you really have to bug them. They don't show up in a lot of systems and usually they are hidden away. usually if the store locator thing on the website says it has em, they really do.

And the latest on compatability is the guitar works for guitarfreaks but the buttons arent aligned great....

[quote name='Zoglog']you really have to bug them. They don't show up in a lot of systems and usually they are hidden away. usually if the store locator thing on the website says it has em, they really do.

And the latest on compatability is the guitar works for guitarfreaks but the buttons arent aligned great....[/QUOTE]The manager at my local best buy kept saying that that store locator isn't even associated with them (wth?) or what they have in stock and simply REFUSED to have anyone check their stockroom for me since "it wasn't in their computer" - ugh!

I ended up calling another Best Buy an hour away, and even though it wasn't in the computer, they checked the stockroom and found a bunch of them for me.

Roadtrips are fun ;)

[quote name='Strell']Any update on Newegg.com orders yet? I'll pick it up if we found out 47 = comes with controller...[/QUOTE]

You can't get the game without the controller.

What IS going on with this game? The official release date is still next week, right? Are some stores selling it early, and some aren't? I've been to three Best Buys, two Gamestops and two EB Games and none of them have Guitar Hero in yet.

gamestop.com has preowned w/guitar listed on backorder for $39.99.

i wonder if it would be worth it to go that route?

EBGames online status has switched to "Usually Ships Within 24 Hours".

Maybe that's good luck for in store pick-ups!

i pre ordered from ebgames. been calling them and they keep saying check back tomorrow. might go to bestbuy today to pick up if eb still dont have it.

I saw at RedOctane that they're selling a package with 2 guitar controllers and one game for about $109. I'm thinking 'bout just getting it there. They say that's also out Nov. 8, too.

Right now I have the one from Best Buy, but I'll probably return it so I can get this from Red Octane...

Can anyone who works in TRU confirm that TRU will carry this game?

I don't work in a TRU, but I went into one today and they couldn't find the game in their system at all. It might have just been an employee that didn't care though. He hadn't heard of the game before.

Eb's official release date is the 8th, talked to a manager friend of mine there and the same for TRU. Best Buy is the only place that seems to be selling it before the release date.

I don't care. I was one of the people that got suckered into spending 100 bucks on Sony's hard drive which they promised to put to good use. It was used for a whole 1 game. I wasted 100 bucks on a completely useless hard drive and was pissed so i bought a hdloader. It's not like I rent games just to copy them. I still buy my games, beat them and then copy them to my hard drive and trade them in. Most I never play again but I copy them just incase I ever want to play them again.

[quote name='Strell']And that makes it ok.....how?

I love these sort of people on CAG....they show up every once and a while....[/QUOTE]

maybe its not Ok, but it can be cheap. thats a real cheapassgamer.

No, that's being a pirate asshole bastard. I mean, is that an argument, justification, or just a comment? "It's cheap." Everything is cheap if you steal it.

[quote name='rudeboie']You can't get the game without the controller.[/QUOTE]

unless they actually make the items seperately by hand, which would be weird

i'm still gonna go with my newegg order, but i have a feeling we wont get the games till next month :p

According the the Guitar Hero forums at RedOctane.com, a representative said that the release date IS Nov. 8 and that's when all retailers will begin distributing/selling them to the public. Best Buy disobeyed Harmonix by selling them early.

+++UPDATE+++

RedOctane is shipping their orders tomorrow, Nov. 4, four days early. This is probably in response to Best Buy selling it early. Also, EBGames now has I'm sure RedOctane contacted the other retailers and informed them that they could go ahead and start selling them.

EBGames shipped out my mispriced Guitar Hero bundle today. Kinda surprised it went out USPS, but at least it's on its way.

11/03/05:

Thank you for ordering from EBgames.com. Your order has been shipped completely. The status and/or ship date for each item on your order is detailed below.

Here is the status of the item(s) you have ordered:
Guitar Hero Bundle Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1

Total purchase price, with USPS shipping? $44.60. :cool:

Thank you.

[quote name='Strell']No, that's being a pirate asshole bastard. I mean, is that an argument, justification, or just a comment? "It's cheap." Everything is cheap if you steal it.[/QUOTE]

I'm saying I don't care what you think about what im doing. I'm still buying my games and I have no problem copying them once I have them beat and am done with it. I'm sorry if you have a problem with what i'm doing but I'm still putting my money down and paying for every game I play.

Actually, if he still pays for the game, and only gets rid of it after that, what does it matter if he puts it on his HDD or not? I know there have been times where I've purchased a cd and thought it was crap, but still copied it to my computer before I got rid of it. What is the difference in the situation? I don't really see any problem with what he's doing...

[quote name='mcgavin27']does the BB $5 off coupon work on this ?[/QUOTE]

there was a post about this and they said it worked. I have the coupon in my hand right now and i'm heading to BB afterwork since it still havent arrived at ebgames or gamestop.

[quote name='Darwin23']there was a post about this and they said it worked. I have the coupon in my hand right now and i'm heading to BB afterwork since it still havent arrived at ebgames or gamestop.[/QUOTE]
ok, because if it does I will get it today.

[quote name='Strell']Because you no longer own it at that point.

Why are people this goddamn stupid?[/QUOTE]

whats with the foul language? dont be so hypocritical. dont tell me you've never burned or copy a cd in your life. in this digital age, everyone has copied, downloaded or pirated music, games, software , etc.. in some way or another.

[quote name='Darwin23']whats with the foul language? dont be so hypocritical. dont tell me you've never burned or copy a cd in your life. in this digital age, everyone has copied, downloaded or pirated music, games, software , etc.. in some way or another.[/QUOTE]

Of course I make back-up copies. For stuff I own. So that if my copy gets scratched, I have a backup.

That is not the same as keeping a copy after getting rid of the original.

[quote name='Strell']Of course I make back-up copies. For stuff I own. So that if my copy gets scratched, I have a backup.

That is not the same as keeping a copy after getting rid of the original.[/QUOTE]

back up stuff you own?? suuuuurre!!!! back up is jus the politically correct term for saying "i'm a pirate too".. whatever dude.

[quote name='Darwin23']back up stuff you own?? suuuuurre!!!! back up is jus the politically correct term for saying "i'm a pirate too".. whatever dude.[/QUOTE]

Can I backup my computer software?
Yes, under certain conditions as provided by section 117 of the Copyright Act. Although the precise term used under section 117 is "archival" copy, not "backup" copy, these terms today are used interchangeably. This privilege extends only to computer programs and not to other types of works.

Under section 117, you or someone you authorize may make a copy of an original computer program if:
- the new copy is being made for archival (i.e., backup) purposes only;
- you are the legal owner of the copy; and
- any copy made for archival purposes is either destroyed, or transferred with the original copy, once the original copy is sold, given away, or otherwise transferred.

You are not permitted under section 117 to make a backup copy of other material on a computer's hard drive, such as other copyrighted works that have been downloaded (e.g., music, films).
It is also important to check the terms of sale or license agreement of the original copy of software in case any special conditions have been put in place by the copyright owner that might affect your ability or right under section 117 to make a backup copy.

http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-digital.html

I, personally, don't have a problem with downloading, backing-up, etc., even if it is illegal. Yes, I do it, but very rarely. Yes, I know it's still wrong even if it's rare. I'm slightly heartless, what can I say?

[quote name='Strell']Because you no longer own it at that point.

Why are people this goddamn stupid?[/QUOTE]

seriously man, stop being a douche. I don't see what the problem here is. Game companies are still making the money when I initially buy the game. When I beat it I sell it to gamerush, I make a little money back of what I originally paid and then when gamerush sells it they make money on it. It's not like I'm downloading these games off the internet and ripping them to the hard drive or going out to blockbuster and renting them for the sole pupose of ripping them to my hard drive. The way I look at it is this way is even better because if I didn't have the option of ripping the game to my hard drive once I beat it I would probably never trade it in. This way the original maker of the game is making money and so is the place that i'm trading it in, which in turn helps you CAG's out cause you can score a game used cheap somewhere after I trade it in. Most of the games I rip I never end up playing again and delete to make room for something else.

Your being an asshole for no reason at all.

bread's done
Back