[UPDATE] Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition (Wii) Reprint - $29.99 [3/13/11]

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition (Wii) Reprint

• 4 Classic Mario Games
  • Super Mario History soundtrack CD
  • Super Mario History booklet featuring original art and interviews

Retailers

Amazon - Available in stock
Best Buy - Available in stock
Gamestop (gamestop.com/wii/games/super-mario-all-stars-limited-edition/87690) - Available in stock
Toys R' Us - Available in stock

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fernando Rocker']They ship your items from a different state so you won't pay taxes.[/QUOTE]

Oh, wow. I had no idea. That's... ethically questionable. And yet, I prefer it this way. Am I a bad person?

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']They ship your items from a different state so you won't pay taxes.[/QUOTE]

That is so not true.

Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the states of Kansas, Kentucky, New York, North Dakota, or Washington are subject to tax.

They don't charge tax in Nevada or Arizona.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Oh, wow. I had no idea. That's... ethically questionable. And yet, I prefer it this way. Am I a bad person?[/QUOTE]

No, taxation is theft; with the implication that government owns you and your labor.

[quote name='whoasaywhat']That is so not true.

Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the states of Kansas, Kentucky, New York, North Dakota, or Washington are subject to tax.

They don't charge tax in Nevada or Arizona.[/QUOTE]

what's the legal guideline for who's subject to tax for online retailer?
HQ? warehouse locations?

would love some clarification on this matter.

I believe it's warehouse location. That's why they ship from alternate locations even when they may have a warehouse in your state.

If they have a physical prescene in your state then you have to pay sales tax reguardless of whether or not its shipped from that warehouse or not. I forget which state it was that just sued them over shipping from a different warehouse to try and circumvent the law.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']No, taxation is theft; with the implication that government owns you and your labor.[/QUOTE]

Well, or that you owe government something for providing roads, schools and police. But if you want to feel oppressed by that go ahead.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']If they have a physical prescene in your state then you have to pay sales tax reguardless of whether or not its shipped from that warehouse or not. I forget which state it was that just sued them over shipping from a different warehouse to try and circumvent the law.[/QUOTE]
I think you mean the "use" tax which is usually the same amount as your states sales tax. Usually if you ordered something online and paid no sales tax when you ordered it, you owe your state a "use tax".

[quote name='mrright4you4now']If they have a physical prescene in your state then you have to pay sales tax reguardless of whether or not its shipped from that warehouse or not. I forget which state it was that just sued them over shipping from a different warehouse to try and circumvent the law.[/QUOTE]
I dont really understand this. The way I understand it to work is like so:

If the company has no physical presence in your state, you do not pay sales tax to them when you order, but you still owe your state a "use tax" (with some exceptions such as Alaska which has no state or use tax). This is the tax that hardly anyone actually ends up paying.

So anyway I dont understand how a company could say oh well we shipped it from state B so we dont charge them sales tax. Wouldnt they have to charge sales tax if the company has a physical presence in the state the customer ordered from?

[quote name='vherub']1.95 million was the 1st printing[/QUOTE]

I am going to bump the previous responder's question - where does one go to get these type of production numbers?

[quote name='ShockandAww']I dont really understand this. The way I understand it to work is like so:

If the company has no physical presence in your state, you do not pay sales tax to them when you order, but you still owe your state a "use tax" (with some exceptions such as Alaska which has no state or use tax). This is the tax that hardly anyone actually ends up paying.

So anyway I dont understand how a company could say oh well we shipped it from state B so we dont charge them sales tax. Wouldnt they have to charge sales tax if the company has a physical presence in the state the customer ordered from?[/QUOTE]

Your pretty much spot on. I guess the law in whatever state (I think it was texas) was somewhat vague to where it stated something like if the item is being sold and used within the state then they had to charge state tax. So I guess if they were billing and shipping from another state then the person would just be liable to claim it on their taxes because it wasnt physically being sent from that state. If lawmakers get their way every online retailer will be charging state tax reguardless of if they have a physical presence here soon to help compensate for the budgets.

[quote name='ackbar7']Well, or that you owe government something for providing roads, schools and police. But if you want to feel oppressed by that go ahead.[/QUOTE]

I am far less vitriolic toward sales taxes than a direct income tax, but I'm certainly not a proponent of sales tax when an income tax is in operation. Anywho, not really worth derailing a thread in the deals section.

Girlfriend has a hankering to play classic Mario, she saw this and wants to pick up a Wii/Super Mario All-Stars. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

[quote name='chosen1s']I am going to bump the previous responder's question - where does one go to get these type of production numbers?[/QUOTE]

Game sales aren't always commonly known, but since Nintendo is a publicly held company, they do declare sales of larger titles, which they did in this case last month.
If you ever want just the Japan (media crate) numbers, this site is good:
http://the-magicbox.com/

Also, as for the internet tax issue, it's kind of a myth. Unless you live in Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire or Oregon, internet purchases are not tax free. If the business does not collect the tax, the consumer is legally required to pay this Use Tax.
However, it's almost never monitored whether consumers pay it, and most people either deliberately or unknowingly ignore it.

[quote name='Rozz']Great job Amazon...

I ordered one DS game, which comes in a small case, and they shipped it inside of a large box.

This Mario All Stars, which comes in a special larger box, was squished into a box too small for it.

I wonder who decides on this packaging? My game didn't come too damaged, but the box is a little bent from their idiotic decision.[/QUOTE]

amazon shipping is pretty random, i'll have to agree with you on that one

personally, i have had the best shipping experience with gamestop - everything i have ordered online has been secured inside of a nice box to make sure it doesn't take any damage through shipping...but they always use ups (at least every time i have bought something) which is more $$$$

[quote name='proKoyeon']personally, i have had the best shipping experience with gamestop - everything i have ordered online has been secured inside of a nice box to make sure it doesn't take any damage through shipping...but they always use ups (at least every time i have bought something) which is more $$$$[/QUOTE]

Wow, my experiences were completely different.

I've ordered two things online from Gamestop before. Both came in a flimsy bubble wrap. One game didn't even come with a standard case, it came with a PS2 case. And it was broken in half. The artwork was torn along the side of it.

Just got a couple more copies in the mailbox from gamestop. packed in a sturdy carboard box but with no plastic around anything because 2 copies are just about too wide for the box but they go. Immaculate condition. Here's hoping nintendo makes a better compilation with all the mario's in hd for the next gen nintendo console and I don't care what the cost is. Imagine a $150 epic mario collection with a figurine of mario from each different game and a hardback mario history book and it would all come packaged in a smb castle complete with flag pole.

[quote name='ps2emotions']Just got a couple more copies in the mailbox from gamestop. packed in a sturdy carboard box but with no plastic around anything because 2 copies are just about too wide for the box but they go. Immaculate condition. Here's hoping nintendo makes a better compilation with all the mario's in hd for the next gen nintendo console and I don't care what the cost is. Imagine a $150 epic mario collection with a figurine of mario from each different game and a hardback mario history book and it would all come packaged in a smb castle complete with flag pole.[/QUOTE]
What happens when they release a Mario after that compilation?

bread's done
Back