[UPDATE] Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition (Wii) Reprint - $29.99 [3/13/11]

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition (Wii) Reprint

• 4 Classic Mario Games
  • Super Mario History soundtrack CD
  • Super Mario History booklet featuring original art and interviews

Retailers

Amazon - Available in stock
Best Buy - Available in stock
Gamestop (gamestop.com/wii/games/super-mario-all-stars-limited-edition/87690) - Available in stock
Toys R' Us - Available in stock

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RabbitSuit']Well, people were claiming a few different things in various threads like

• The shipping weight was different
  • The man at GS said that the packaging would differ
  • The artbook has changed
[/QUOTE]

I didn't notice any difference.

FYI, I picked up a copy at TRU and didn't have any issues buying it.

At my walmart we have them street dated for the 13th. We received 13 copies. I had heard the artbook was different, but when asked the Nintendo rep said he wasn't sure if it was a reprint or if they had never actually shipped the whole 100k copy first run. He still insists that there were only 100k of the original copies minted.

goHastings has these in stock at the moment.

Anyone else heading out to Wally World shortly?

Here's a UPC to give the clerk to check stock:
drawupc.aspx

[quote name='sadboy']I might go to Walmart now that you mention it. According to the store locator, it shows copies in stock.[/QUOTE]

Scored 2

Mission-Accomplished-Yeah.jpg

I love where I live...suburbs...yet everything nearby.

[quote name='sadboy']lol what time zone are you in?[/quote]

est

They weren't stocked in the cases yet, but the cute cashier knew exactly where they were.

[quote name='IPlay4Fun']gamestop had them in on friday btw[/QUOTE]

Friday was two days ago...and not every store breaks street dates which apparently these had even though it was new stock.

Yeah, we [GameStop] were giving the pre-orders to their respective owners today.
However, my store, was short some copies.
Basically, the point I'm trying to make, is that at GameStop you have less of a chance of getting your hands on one.

[quote name='david12795']considering of the jacked up ebay fees and buyer claims, its not worth it.[/QUOTE]
Two is the magic number.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Friday was two days ago...and not every store breaks street dates which apparently these had even though it was new stock.[/QUOTE]

They didn't break street-date. GS stores were sent an email that Mario and Okamiden's street-date was lifted. It does happen sometimes.

[quote name='myke-myke']They didn't break street-date. GS stores were sent an email that Mario and Okamiden's street-date was lifted. It does happen sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Are you guys sure there even was a street date? This product was on the market already. I'm sure if the store had by some rare chance a copy still sitting on the shelves from the first shipment, they could have sold it.

It could be a self-imposed street date perhaps? Like if it was going to be in the Sunday advertisement, they wouldn't want to be sold out before Sunday. Often consoles are put on the floor before they're actually allowed to be sold.

At my local TRU, they even attempted to ring it up for me and said the system wouldn't allow it to be sold. So I guess someplaces had a street date, selfimposed or not. They had it >_>. Gotta go back today.

[quote name='miriamleo']I wish Nintendo just let it be rare as it is.
Or at least put some remarks on the box to say it is the 2nd run. That way Collectors will be happy. The people who didn't buy it the first run probably don't care about game value anyway.[/QUOTE]

UMAD?

I think this is great, I'm glad I don't have to pay crazy prices for this now.

Picked up mine @ GS and they had another 10+ copires for sale. Going to go back and pick one up for my brother in law who isn't feeling so well ...

My nearest Best Buy had has 78 copies (minus two that I bought). I decided to return the two I purchased from Walmart shortly after midnight, due to the fact there's more incentive to be able to accumulate gamer's club points at Best Buy.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Isn't it Target policy to only allow purchases after their shift?[/QUOTE]

You mean for Target Team Members? They can purchase on breaks and lunches.

My target has 20+ copies of this on the shelf. I almost bought it but considering I have all stars on the snes and every original copy on the NES of the first 3 it just isn't worth it. Plus i have a feeling if this copy goes quick they'll release it again.

[quote name='david12795']got my copy from amazon...not too happy on how its dented =/[/QUOTE]

ya, mine came in a bubble mailer, which is not usually how amazon sends me games. it arrived perfectly fine though.

My copy from December was dented, but the replacement I received today came in a bubble mailer and was fine. Both were ordered from Amazon.

[quote name='david12795']got my copy from amazon...not too happy on how its dented =/[/QUOTE]

Exactly my thoughts when I opened my package...Amazon is usually pretty good with that stuff though...sigh :(

I got 2 copies today that I preordered from gamestop when it came up for preorder again. I compared them to my old sealed copy and they are identical to my delight. Same numbers on the box and everything.

[quote name='Matedawg11']Exactly my thoughts when I opened my package...Amazon is usually pretty good with that stuff though...sigh :([/QUOTE]

Not any more. Fold up boxes and padded envelopes seem to be their M O anymore. It's sad really. Almost feels like a death =(

They had a bunch of copies at my local Targets. I considered getting one but they had the spider censor that dented the edges of the box.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Got my copy from Amazon today. Came in perfect shape. RAREST...REPRINT...EVER???? jk[/QUOTE]
That would be so awesome. It's like: (reprints one copy)

[quote name='GnarKills']My target has 20+ copies of this on the shelf. I almost bought it but considering I have all stars on the snes and every original copy on the NES of the first 3 it just isn't worth it. Plus i have a feeling if this copy goes quick they'll release it again.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, Nintendo from the started pointed out Metroid Prime Trilogy being a limited time thing and now you would have to be extremely lucky to find it new anywhere and even finding it used in some areas is a trying experience. Mario All Stars wasn't meant to get a second printing and I don't think even think Japan or Europe were confirmed to get another run of these.

After this, I think it's pretty much done for. Like you I have the original All Stars on my SNES and then there is the Virtual Console if I really wanted to get them, but I picked it up because I'm a collector. Heck I still have a sealed copy of that Zelda Collection they did for the Gamecube.

Counted about 15-20 copies at Wal-Mart last night. Didnt buy any but I'm still kicking myself for opening the first one and never playing it. Lol

Got mine today.
amazon-padded envelope-all fucked up.

Their shipping department has taken an incredible nose dive. Very frustrating.

[quote name='Zaku77']Got mine today.
amazon-padded envelope-all fucked up.

Their shipping department has taken an incredible nose dive. Very frustrating.[/QUOTE]

so weird. I got mine shrinkwrapped to a piece of cardboard then put into a sturdy box.

bread's done
Back