[UPDATE] Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition (Wii) Reprint - $29.99 [3/13/11]

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition (Wii) Reprint

• 4 Classic Mario Games
  • Super Mario History soundtrack CD
  • Super Mario History booklet featuring original art and interviews

Retailers

Amazon - Available in stock
Best Buy - Available in stock
Gamestop (gamestop.com/wii/games/super-mario-all-stars-limited-edition/87690) - Available in stock
Toys R' Us - Available in stock

Last edited by a moderator:
At least they weren't "numbered." There was some company who made collectible dolls or figurines, and they all said "1 of 10,000" or how many ever they made... Those appeared in the bargain bins very fast.

Just found 12 copies at my local Target. Looks like they're getting out early. Target's web site says they're not available until the 13th, but a quick search of stores in the area shows it available at all of the ones around me. Run out and grab them before they're gone.

[quote name='KemperJones']Just found 12 copies at my local Target. Looks like they're getting out early. Target's web site says they're not available until the 13th, but a quick search of stores in the area shows it available at all of the ones around me. Run out and grab them before they're gone.[/QUOTE]

Aye. I confirmed this on the way home: my Target had a stack as well. From the looks, there wasn't anything different between these reprints and the original shipment. All had considerable "wear" to the outside though.

[quote name='mariosbrother']Aye. I confirmed this on the way home: my Target had a stack as well. From the looks, there wasn't anything different between these reprints and the original shipment. All had considerable "wear" to the outside though.[/QUOTE]

Yep, a TRU employee compared the outer boxes and UPC on another message board and they are identical.

[quote name='bojay1997']Yep, a TRU employee compared the outer boxes and UPC on another message board and they are identical.[/QUOTE]

Well, this is good news...for those that waited. :bouncy:

Not so good for flippers sitting on a pile looking for a first print edge. :lol:

The market is so saturated with resellers for this thing that it's not even worth picking up any extras to try and make a profit off of.

Well, I still dont' understand. People buy not really rare games, put em in plastic prisons and then sell em for $140 each? And people actually buy them?

[quote name='confoosious']can someone tell me what makes these three copies worth 500 bucks?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Super-Mario-All...0077?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2a0ecfb64d[/QUOTE]

Other than the fact that he had the games graded by the VGA (which in and of itself is ludicrous since all three games are still in production and still be purchased brand new). absolutely nothing. Unless I'm missing something, I see nothing on that listing showing that it actually sold, and if it did, I'd guess it was a shill or prank bidder who won't actually pay. People list VGA graded games on eBay all the time at hugely inflated prices not anywhere in the ballpark of what they are actually worth, and less than 10% of them actually sell.

Super Mario All-Stars U90+, Galaxy 1 U95, Galaxy U95
Item condition: Brand New
Ended: Mar 08, 201114:13:06 PST
Sold For: US $532.00

it's possible it was a fake bidder. either way, stupid.

Tell me about it. I could buy an acrylic case and do the same thing. Just because an "expert" in grading video game items gives it a high rating, doesn't mean someone else's copy that is in the same condition is worth less.

[quote name='Zaku77']Yup, maybe this will go right back to being rare again.[/QUOTE]

I still believe that is wishful thinking knowing Nintendo...

[quote name='confoosious']Super Mario All-Stars U90+, Galaxy 1 U95, Galaxy U95
Item condition: Brand New
Ended: Mar 08, 201114:13:06 PST
Sold For: US $532.00

it's possible it was a fake bidder. either way, stupid.[/QUOTE]

I agree...that's pretty fucking obnoxious.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I agree...that's pretty fucking obnoxious.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to say any names but there is a user here that sells stuff on eBay doing the same thing. I can of ran into it on accident but I was surprised at some of the prices, although he did have a lot of older stuff for sale that was graded but he did have newer stuff.

[quote name='skiizim']I'm not going to say any names but there is a user here that sells stuff on eBay doing the same thing. I can of ran into it on accident but I was surprised at some of the prices, although he did have a lot of older stuff for sale that was graded but he did have newer stuff.[/QUOTE]

I know who you're talking about. He also likes to list things as "collectible" on amazon at insane prices.

Just got back from kmart in lafeyette, in. they have their stock of mario all stars out . they had like 5 copies, i picked one up. i compared it to the one i had opened from previous and i don't see any difference between the 2(on box itself). was shocked to see them. I asked the guy when he got these in, he said he put them out yesterday. they had like 4 copies left.

Not to slander the seller, but his store leaves much to be desired. How does the guy prove his items are uncirculated?

[quote name='confoosious']can someone tell me what makes these three copies worth 500 bucks?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Super-Mario-All...0077?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2a0ecfb64d[/QUOTE]

I told you guys these would be selling by xmas for $150 each on ebay and some laughed at me. Looks like they are already selling for more than that before the 2nd shipment even arrives. I've been in the game of collecting for a long time and my wisdom proved me right once again.

[quote name='storino03']Tell me about it. I could buy an acrylic case and do the same thing. Just because an "expert" in grading video game items gives it a high rating, doesn't mean someone else's copy that is in the same condition is worth less.[/QUOTE]

Apparently you have never seen the baseball card market. They've been grading stuff for years and that usually brings in much higher prices compared to non-graded. I have no idea who does the video game grading, probably just some college kid from his dorm room, but the grading does matter to a lot of collectors. It just adds one more "mine is better than yours" type of aspect they can brag about and pay more for. So although I see no reason for anyone to pay that much now for it, collecting is an addiction and the pricing might not be far off in the future.

Probably YMMV but in fort worth, tx Target they already have out for sale the reprints for $29.99. Picked one up today, they had about 6 or 7 left. Overton Ridge store.

[quote name='prateeko']Does anyone know of a free-ship code for GameStop? The local stores have stopped taking pre-orders[/QUOTE]
I believe it's SAVER. Free shipping on purchases over $25.

[quote name='leopaw']It seems like the 25th Anniversary Zelda will be coming out this year.

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/zelda-news/reggie-discusses-nintendos-progress-for-2011/[/QUOTE]

I'd buy a LoZ 25th Wii system / Disc Collection because it hasn't been done before in a format that could potentially be had at an extreme low cost currently. All you get with SMAS LE is a rom on a disc, a CD and an art mini magazine. It's a disappointing LE ... LoZ will fundamentally be a better LE simply because there is no existing alternative you can download on your Wii that puts all the Zelda games together in one place, unlike SMAS that was already released years ago, and in a superior version with SMW. Sure there's the Zelda disc that came out for Gamecube, but that isn't sold through the Wii store. Plus, Zelda has a far better soundtrack than Mario in terms of its scope and memorability. So I'm very excited to see what they do for Legend of Zelda in late 2011.

I went to a local Target last night to look for clearance games and saw about a dozen of these sitting on a shelf beneath the plastic cages.

These were not there a few days ago so I wonder if they just put them out early.

I purchased one for 29.99 with no problems.

Probably not street dated since it is a reprint of a game that was already released.

I'm really wonderinf if the second run going to have a printed copyright date of 2011? One person on YouTube said it would, but I won't know yet until someone who recently bought it can confirm it.

My local Gamestop called me about my Okamiden preorder, but they also mentioned they got their Mario All Stars Re-release. He said it was the same box as the previous version. So it isn't game only like several people thought it would be.

Well, people were claiming a few different things in various threads like

• The shipping weight was different
  • The man at GS said that the packaging would differ
  • The artbook has changed

I just called and checked stock at my Target.
Heading out now.

You can give them this number:

• DPCI: 207-26-0771
  • ASIN: B0049DYNNO
Should be no hassle since these aren't street dated and have the same DPCI and UPC numbers.

[quote name='Muthafodder']I just called and checked stock at my Target.
Heading out now.

You can give them this number:

• DPCI: 207-26-0771
  • ASIN: B0049DYNNO
Should be no hassle since these aren't street dated and have the same DPCI and UPC numbers.[/QUOTE]

Random Trip by target last night i saw these on the shelf! :bouncy: Picked 2 up went to pay They wouldn't ring up Register kept displaying "Can not sell till 3/13" manager took them and said he could not break street date went and took all of them off the shelf.

[quote name='MoxManiac_']Haha why street date a reprint. So dumb.[/QUOTE]

Yup...
accessDenied_icon.png

Me: "I just called and was told you have x game in stock, but I don't see it on the shelf."
icontarget.gif
Dude: "Which game is it?"
Me: "Super Mario All-Stars."
icontarget.gif
Dude: "Ohhh...It has a street date in the system, we can't sell it until Sunday or Monday."
Me: "You mean Sunday, that's the 13th. Even though it has the same DPCI and UPC #?"
icontarget.gif
Dude: "Yup."
Me: "Can you check your stock if I give you the DPCI# and tell me how many you have."
icontarget.gif
Dude: "No, the system won't allow it. (looking smug and bothered)"
Me: "I can call the store right now and someone will tell me."
icontarget.gif
Dude: "(looking defeated, sighing, AND rolling eyes) What's the #?"
Me: "Thanks for cooperating. I appreciated it. (co-worker snickering at his defeat)"
icontarget.gif
Dude: "6"

What is it with retail in my area?

This will probably be limited again and go back up in price, not looking like a big second shipment.

Would like to show up as the store opens and see the 6 copies with my own eyes :).

Isn't it Target policy to only allow purchases after their shift?

bread's done
Back