UPDATED 12/5: Amazon.com Prince of Persia w/preorder goodies -- $57

KhrevalBruuk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
12/5/08 Update -- two preorder goodies right here:

[quote name='dafunkk12']For those of you who didn't pre-order or bought from somewhere else, here's a link to download the bonus hi-res Penny-Arcade Prince of Persia comic.

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/promos/PoP_PA_Storybook.pdf[/quote]

[quote name='Showstoppa42']To be specific, the code is 52585854, put in under the Extras Menu -> Skin Manager, which gives you the Sands of Time Prince and Farah skins.

Works on either the Xbox 360 or PS3 versions.[/quote]

___

I've done some searching and I don't see this specific set of details listed for the upcoming next gen Prince of Persia game to be released on 2 Dec 08 (at least in North America). My apologies in advance for not making this post as pretty as others are able.

At Amazon.com both the Xbox360 and PS3 versions show for $56.99:

Xbox360:
http://www.amazon.com/Prince-Persia-Xbox-360/dp/B001ASJISG

PS3:
http://www.amazon.com/Prince-Persia-Playstation-3/dp/B001ASJIS6

$3 off? Meh. But wait -- there's more.

Similiar to the EBGames preorder bonus, Amazon will auto-magically upgrade all preorders to the special Limited Edition version of the game:

POP_PS3_LE_HQP.jpg

"Free Limited Edition Upgrade
Order your copy of Prince of Persia and get automatically upgraded to the Limited Edition free*. Limited to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Offer valid while supplies last. *Tax and Shipping charges may apply. See details."

In addition, Amazon also grants an exclusive Prince of Persia Penny Arcade digital comic:

pop_pennyarcade_cover.jpg

"Amazon.com Exclusive Pre-order Bonus
Order your copy of Prince of Persia and receive the Amazon.com Exclusive Prince of Persia Penny Arcade Digital Comic. Limited to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Offer valid while supplies last. Instructions on how to download the comic will be emailed 10 business days after the release date."

And...Amazon will give you a coupon for $10 off another video game purchase:

10-offer._V260433304_.jpg

Pre-order Bonus
Pre-order your copy of Prince of Persia for the PS3 and get $10 off a future video game purchase. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. See all details

Notes: I took the wording from the PS3 pages, but I verified it all holds for the Xbox360 as well. Also, you can apparently save $10 off a $50 purchase with Bill Me Later, if you're so inclined. This purchase also qualifies for Super Saver Shipping, and there's a better-than-average chance you won't have to pay sales tax.
___

I hope y'all find this post helpful, or at least useful.

KB

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vinny']BTW, what's in the Limited Edition?[/QUOTE]

The Prince of Persia: Limited Edition Includes:

• Collectable Limited Edition packaging
  • An exclusive look at the making of Prince of Persia
  • A Prima digital mini-strategy guide full of developer's secrets to help players master the game
  • A digital art book that chronicles the game's journey from concept to winner of Best Artistic Design at E3 2008
  • The original soundtrack scored by master composer Inon Zur

I didn't know about the gift card deal, I guess I'll be getting this too. I'm picking it up along with some old PS1 games I've been meaning to replay over the holidays.

I had this pre-ordered, but canceled it thu to having too many games already this holiday. Have to save money somewhere. But this is an excellent deal!!!

[quote name='KhrevalBruuk']The Prince of Persia: Limited Edition Includes:

• Collectable Limited Edition packaging
  • An exclusive look at the making of Prince of Persia
  • A Prima digital mini-strategy guide full of developer's secrets to help players master the game
  • A digital art book that chronicles the game's journey from concept to winner of Best Artistic Design at E3 2008
  • The original soundtrack scored by master composer Inon Zur
[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

A digital artbook and a digital strategy guide... great way for them to get out of giving people real bonuses.:roll:

Oh well, I guess I can't complain... free upgrade, a few bucks cheaper, and a $10 coupon code.

I had already preordered before but this upgrade totally rocks! Can't wait for the $10 gift card from ordering Valkyria to come in!!!

[quote name='ctrek3']are there any limited left? or have they all been claimed?[/quote]

You know -- I don't know. Amazon's pretty clear to state "Offer valid while supplies last." on both of the preorder bonuses that they're offering. My secret inner hope is that because Amazon is still offering the deal it's still valid.

As Vinny pointed out, the mini-strategy guide, art book, and Penny Arcade comic are all digital. I don't see how there would be supply constraints preventing them from fulfilling the preorders.

Still, playing devil's advocate, the limited edition packaging and soundtrack might be limited run items. And in the end, it's UBISoft that determines if and what they'll fill -- ultimately, the free limited edition upgrade comes from them.

The deal in this is the $3 off, and of course that Amazon charges no shipping or tax. The reason is Ubisoft announced about 2 months ago that the Limited Edition would given out to anyone who preorders the game. So this LE is given regardless of where you purchase as long as it's preordered.

[quote name='Gandhi']In for one. For $36.99, might as well get it. Hopefully it is the LE version I get[/quote]

I assume you are using a $10 cert from a previous game offer and also subtracting the $10 cert from this game offer to arrive at your quoted price, or you are using $20 in certs from previous game offer(s). Either way, please specify when you post so that it is clear for others.

Sweet. My wife still hasn't pre-ordered my copy for Christmas. Looks like I'll be getting me 2 7-layer burritos with the 3 bucks I saved.

[quote name='spencermsh']Sweet. My wife still hasn't pre-ordered my copy for Christmas. Looks like I'll be getting me 2 7-layer burritos with the 3 bucks I saved.[/QUOTE]

7-layer burrito still rocks. Havent had one in ages tho. They use good guac for it!

[quote name='whymustiregister']:ps3: is supposedly the lead platform, so that's what I chose.[/QUOTE]
PC is the lead platform

I'm in. Thanks for pointing this one out, lots of good stuff and PoP games are always awesome. For me, if a game is on 360 and PS3, I always get the 360 one.

[quote name='guessed']I assume you are using a $10 cert from a previous game offer and also subtracting the $10 cert from this game offer to arrive at your quoted price, or you are using $20 in certs from previous game offer(s). Either way, please specify when you post so that it is clear for others.[/QUOTE]

Oh, sorry. $10 off for Bill Me Later and $10 credit for future game purchase

Strange. I had issues with getting the Bill Me Later promotion to work and then all of a sudden after 10 tries it work. Oh well, thanks for the heads up on this deal.

Like I said you can get the same deal anywhere in stores for $60. Plus you gotta pay tax though. But as long as you preorder you get the LE, regardless of where you purchase it.
Also I've noticed Amazon is starting to charge $56.99 for all the $60 games, not knocking the OP or anything just saying it's not as good of a deal knowing you can get the LE anywhere free with a preorder, none of this is exclusive to Amazon.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Like I said you can get the same deal anywhere in stores for $60. Plus you gotta pay tax though. But as long as you preorder you get the LE, regardless of where you purchase it.
Also I've noticed Amazon is starting to charge $56.99 for all the $60 games, not knocking the OP or anything just saying it's not as good of a deal knowing you can get the LE anywhere free with a preorder, none of this is exclusive to Amazon.[/quote]

The $10 off a future VG purchase at Amazon is exclusive to Amazon ;).

[quote name='KingBroly']Still can't decide whether I should get it for PS3 or 360 though...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd get it if I could decide. Still don't know where to standardize in my case.

Typical late Amazon, now the game shows 12/4 as the in-stock date. Mine is due to arrive 12/5 via Prime, this is really annoying. I regret using Amazon and knew I should have gone with Gamestop or EB.

Order one this past week. 360 of course. It's nice they offered the $10 for the PS3 version, but it was not enough to sway me towards that platform. I think they are trying to get equal sales by offering $10 for the PS3 version. If they had offered like a $20 GC I would have bit on the PS3 version.

All in all, it's nice that a company like Ubi Soft does the upgrade to LE when pre ordered. Very nice indeed.

I hope all LE's have the Sands of Time skin unlocks, or at least unlockable in the main game in some way, otherwise I'll be mad because I can't expect to get 100% complete in the game.

I got the PS3 version, but man...12/8 shipping date because I wanted free S&H. Come on, Amazon. Come on.

So, any luck I'll be getting the $10 off credit? The detail promotion says December 1st was the last day, but it's been missing from the page since sometime last week.

[quote name='Shady3011']So, any luck I'll be getting the $10 off credit? The detail promotion says December 1st was the last day, but it's been missing from the page since sometime last week.[/QUOTE]

i ordered it on black friday and, i too noticed the 10 credit was not mentioned on the product page.
would be nice if we still get it, though.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Order one this past week. 360 of course. It's nice they offered the $10 for the PS3 version, but it was not enough to sway me towards that platform. I think they are trying to get equal sales by offering $10 for the PS3 version. If they had offered like a $20 GC I would have bit on the PS3 version.

All in all, it's nice that a company like Ubi Soft does the upgrade to LE when pre ordered. Very nice indeed.[/quote]
............Man your such a bot .
Give me one good reason why you would pay $60 for the 360 version of the EXACT SAME GAME for $50 on the PS3 the both do the EXACT SAME THING.
If you was a cheapassgamer more than a bot you would love saving $10.

p.s. I think the 360 is a great console.
p.s.p.s I'm so defensive cause i listen to too many podcast that praise the 360 and
damn to hell the ps3. (CAGcast , Sarcastic gamer "red show", joystiq podcast
BUZZ out Loud and so on and so forth)

Last time I checked, this was a deal forum and not some petty console war poop.

Anyway, I sent CSR an e-mail with a link to the cached promotion page and was told that I would get the certificate. As always, it takes up to ten days to get so don't freak out if you don't get it right away. If you are paranoid, just shot them an e-mail with the link and asking if they'll honor the promotion.

i wish i can get my money back from Civ:Revolutions (Stupid ass game) and use it for this game, :hot:i would even pay sales tax.:hot:

I was going to order this today but don't see any mention of the LE edition being offered in place of the standard version. Does anyone know if this is still being done or is that deal over?

[quote name='st00ge']I was going to order this today but don't see any mention of the LE edition being offered in place of the standard version. Does anyone know if this is still being done or is that deal over?[/quote]

Same here....can anyone confirm if the deal is dead now? I see no note of the free LE upgrade, or the $10 off a future purchase, even though it shows as in-stock on December 4th. Looks like the "Pre-order" phase is over :cry:

Too bad, though - not many games I would drop $56 on at launch, but the deals on this one HAD pushed me over the edge. Should have pulled the trigger earlier!! Oh well....guess I'll just have to wait until the price drops now.

So does anyone else feel like this game could possibly drop in price like a rock in the coming weeks but also become a huge sleeper hit? Could just be me too...

[quote name='Jimmypaine']Same here....can anyone confirm if the deal is dead now? I see no note of the free LE upgrade, or the $10 off a future purchase, even though it shows as in-stock on December 4th. Looks like the "Pre-order" phase is over :cry:

Too bad, though - not many games I would drop $56 on at launch, but the deals on this one HAD pushed me over the edge. Should have pulled the trigger earlier!! Oh well....guess I'll just have to wait until the price drops now.[/quote]

I'ts pretty much over because it was only available to people who reserved it. I also checked Gamestop's website and they have taken down the pic and info about the upgrade.

Did anybody preoder PC version? Was it limited edition? I think US PC version got passed over for Limited Edition :bomb:

bread's done
Back