Updated 6/9 LIVE AGAIN:Nintendo Wii U 32gb mario & Luigi bundle [email protected]@Ebay

Enjoy your console guys, please do yourself a favor and pick up DKC: Tropical Freeze and Super Mario 3D World. Oh, and obviously, Mario Kart 8.

Enjoy your console guys, please do yourself a favor and pick up DKC: Tropical Freeze and Super Mario 3D World. Oh, and obviously, Mario Kart 8.
Any deals on those two?

I want to get them but couldnt find any immediate deals right now so I figured I would just wait to get those titles until I could nab them for cheaper.

I bought the Skylanders set. My son has been wanting a WiiU. Now to get Mario Kart and NSMB. And wait for SSB.

So is the PAL listing on the white 8gb just an error or do we know? I wouldnt mind getting the 8gb one and a usb for storage since the sd cards do not work for games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to all those who got in on this awesome deal.  I absolutely love my Wii U (had it since launch) and while I understand the bad marketing decisions there is no reason for any gamer not to have one. It's by far the best choice out there right now with so many top notch titles. Mario 3d world alone is worth owning one in my opinion. Having said this, I think it would be wise for nintendo to release a $199 Wii U with a pro controller. While I love my gamepad I really don't need it if they can make all games work with the pro controller. They should offer different colors and have the Wii U top down view on the front of the box with the pro controller beside it and show the front, back, and sides of the console on the other sides of the box. Make a small, simple box and just include the basics for $199 and this would really set the Wii U on fire I believe. No better time to do this either with Mario Kart 8 coming out. I'm stoked for the game but am disappointed to see that there most likely not going to be a rear view mirror mode where you can view behind you on the gamepad. Since nintendo is not doing nothing spectacular with the gamepad (DKC TP, etc.....) then it's definitely not a priority and in fact adds most of the cost to the Wii U ($100 most likely) so offering the $199 deal would move lots of units for those who just want in on the great Wii U games without breaking the bank while they can still enjoy their other consoles as well.

So is the PAL listing on the white 8gb just an error or do we know? I wouldnt mind getting the 8gb one and a usb for storage since the sd cards do not work for games.
I'm wondering the same thing. It's the only thing preventing me from pulling the trigger. Ebay won't allow me to ask the seller due to the high volume of questions they get, so why bother even having the option.

I'm wondering the same thing. It's the only thing preventing me from pulling the trigger. Ebay won't allow me to ask the seller due to the high volume of questions they get, so why bother even having the option.
yep lol. i looked up the product on the rakuten website and the upc listed on there is for the US version plus the ebay listing only ships to the US so I am assuming its not PAL but I would like to know for sure. I had wanted to get the deluxe but after looking at this version I think its the better deal for me. I would sell the skylanders stuff and buy a usb stick with that to get a 32gb (or just use my 1TB external HDD) for about $200 plus is also comes with Nintendoland. New Super Mario U will be probably $20 for a download once the Mario Kart 8 promo is live so it ends up cheaper in the long run.

it shouldn't be more then likely a misprint on there part. Buy.com is a US Company wouldn't make sense for them to advertise this if it wouldn't work here since they sent it out in a advertisement email when I posted it and it ships from within the us. Buy.com is also known as Rakuten which is a California based company.

it shouldn't be more then likely a misprint on there part. Buy.com is a US Company wouldn't make sense for them to advertise this if it wouldn't work here since they sent it out in a advertisement email when I posted it and it ships from within the us. Buy.com is also known as Rakuten which is a California based company.
yep and the upc listed on Rakuten is the US upc so I will probably get it and hope for the best but that small bit of doubt is still holding me back...probably until they sell out of it too lol.

32gb back in stock/relisted. Went ahead and pulled the trigger since I know for sure its the US version and I dont have to sell the Skylanders stuff or use a usb stick/external hdd.

Thanks zeb06!  I bought the Mario/Luigi bundle and now I can get better value for the other things I want/need for Black Friday (possibly - it's not worth over thinking about it).  I'll sell my unopened Luigi U copy, I prefer a black Wii U to a white one, and the thought of using a USB stick just never sits well with me.

I'm debating on buying the white one to keep out at my moms house mostly for netflix and youtube. Such a great deal. I want to confirm can you buy a 32gb usb stick and use it to download games on from the eshop? I was thinking that it had to be a hdd and usb sticks and sd cards are limited in functionality. 

Thanks dreamer and Zeb I saw this yesterday but couldint pull the trigger but I broke down and got the 32gb today I have amazon credit so I'll get mk8 free and I'ma get zelda windwaker hd digital free as well so seems worth it to me

I'm debating on buying the white one to keep out at my moms house mostly for netflix and youtube. Such a great deal. I want to confirm can you buy a 32gb usb stick and use it to download games on from the eshop? I was thinking that it had to be a hdd and usb sticks and sd cards are limited in functionality.
I believe you can but not very good but im not 100% on that one. but Nintendo doesn't really recommend it. and SD Cards wont work at all period only for saves but not games. The reason is you would need a very fast speed and probably kind of pricey usb stick to work decent enough. Since it will constantly nonstop be reading, writing, and rewriting data constantly getting heavy usage increasing the fail rate of the the usb stick meaning potential lost of what you save on the usb at a higer frequency. The best Bet is either a HDD or just getting the 32GB since a decent enough external storage + 8gb Wii U bundle together will cost almost the same price as the 32gb Bundle anyhow.

Aish...so indecisive. :/ I was actually sort of hoping it went back in stock but now that it did...

We will see how things are in an hour when I'm done with work stuff. I also have an auction finishing up around then.
I'm guessing you bought a unit lol

I'm guessing you bought a unit lol
Actually I didn't. I wanted to use Bill Me Later and I don't have enough credit because of an Xbone I bought and subsequently returned.

The refund was processed, but they take their damn time posting it to your account. Of course, when it comes to taking money out- PayPal has no issue.

So I could pay cash, but I figure I should wait unless someone can convince me otherwise or show me how to split payments.

Got my 32gb this evening after work!

I didnt realize we dont get Club Nintendo points for the game and only the console, that is lame! Though really not a big deal haha

You can use a USB stick without issue on these consoles

ITT: Cheap asses play arm chair CEO. 

Unless you are an xEO at Nintendo with the real data, financials, etc, your statements sound ridiculous and naive. 

Says on my page that I have 178~ to work with. Maybe that's your case? What would keep people from buying a car with Bill Me Later then?

I'll take a look...
As long as it’s not some ridiculous amount, you should be fine. This is taken from the site.

Even better news: This credit line is just that – a line, not a limit. You may be able to increase your credit line simply by using Bill Me Later to shop online. For each purchase you make, we'll make a decision in just seconds. You'll know immediately if we can extend your credit line. It's that easy!

There's no risk: If we can't increase your credit line at this time, we'll let you know why. But don’t worry, your credit report will not be affected – and there are no fees or penalties – so there's no downside to trying to increase your buying power.

As long as it’s not some ridiculous amount, you should be fine. This is taken from the site.
Well damn.

Guess I have to decide then... *watches more Mario Kart videos*

That PS4 for 370 doesn't make things easier on me.

But can it run crysis?

JK, but in all seriousness, if you're in the market for a Wii U, be patient as there will be so many of these deals to clear inventory since i bet at E3 we will see a price drop
They just revealed that they are now selling it at a profit. This waiting for a price cut thing is part of the reason (not a huge reason, but a small one) why people aren't buying the system. They have this impression that it will get GameCube or 3DS-like price cuts early on in its life.

Nintendo is projecting a profit for this fiscal year. That indicates to me that they will not sell the Wii U at a loss. For the past 2 years they've been selling it at $300 roughly and lost money, so I'd wager they're likely only making $20-$30 off each unit. A price drop pretty much guarantees a 4th straight year of losses for the company so I imagine they will not drop the price until 2015 when costs decline even more.

Now Nintendo did register a trademark for a "video player" in April. I don't know if it would qualify as such but maybe they'll release a Wii U SKU with a cheaper, smaller Game Pad? Then maybe we'd see a price cut but as is I doubt we see a price drop without some sort of new model/SKU

Great deal on that hard shell picked it up, and the Hori screen protector is the one I'd been looking at, thanks for the recommendations.

I'm amazed these are not selling like hot cakes. I mean I thought if nintendo dropped the gamepad and bundle the pro controller for $199.99 they'd sell but this skylanders bundle having only sold 75 for $199.99 may say otherwise since it's got the gamepad ($100 alone) as well as 2 games. I just don't get why these are not sold out especially with mario kart 8 coming out in less than 2 weeks. So much better value than the PS4 right now (and for the forseeable future) I have ps4 and nothing on it comes close to all the great Wii U games. All this proves to me the Wii U is a marketing failure plain and simple. Sony is so great at building the hype for their consoles as well as microsoft to a lesser extent. Nintendo needs to get rid of it's marketing department and hire all new people. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Wii U and this is one of those rare occasions where the consumer is making the wrong choice based on nintendo's dumb marketing decisions. I'm enjoying my Wii U so much I just wish others could realize what they are missing out on.

I'm amazed these are not selling like hot cakes. I mean I thought if nintendo dropped the gamepad and bundle the pro controller for $199.99 they'd sell but this skylanders bundle having only sold 75 for $199.99 may say otherwise since it's got the gamepad ($100 alone) as well as 2 games. I just don't get why these are not sold out especially with mario kart 8 coming out in less than 2 weeks. So much better value than the PS4 right now (and for the forseeable future) I have ps4 and nothing on it comes close to all the great Wii U games. All this proves to me the Wii U is a marketing failure plain and simple. Sony is so great at building the hype for their consoles as well as microsoft to a lesser extent. Nintendo needs to get rid of it's marketing department and hire all new people. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Wii U and this is one of those rare occasions where the consumer is making the wrong choice based on nintendo's dumb marketing decisions. I'm enjoying my Wii U so much I just wish others could realize what they are missing out on.
While I agree with those points, the 32gb has been selling better. Almost 300 units sold so far.

The Deluxe version is much more appealing. You get best version of the console, not the ugly white, you get two games that are more universal than Skylanders (and who really cares about Nintendoland?) and with the Deluxe you also have the $10 for every $50 eshop promo permanently tied with it.

I have faith that with Mario Kart and then Smash Bros the Wii U can pull itself out of the dump that it is in now.

Or at least, I sure hope so!

While I agree with those points, the 32gb has been selling better. Almost 300 units sold so far.

The Deluxe version is much more appealing. You get best version of the console, not the ugly white, you get two games that are more universal than Skylanders (and who really cares about Nintendoland?) and with the Deluxe you also have the $10 for every $50 eshop promo permanently tied with it.

I have faith that with Mario Kart and then Smash Bros the Wii U can pull itself out of the dump that it is in now.

actually almost 700. It sold out at close to 400 the first day this was posted. Then relisted with more units which is when I updated the link with the relisted listing

My E3 prediction for this year is Nintendo announcing a new Wii U bundle that will come with a Pro Controller instead of a Gamepad and will therefore be cheaper. As much as I want to play Mario Kart, I can definitely hold off buying anything Wii U related until after June.
This is not happening. A good chunk of Wii U games will simply not work without the Gamepad, not to mention the OS itself.

Selling the Wii U without the Gamepad is like selling the Wii without the Wii Remote. It would make many games simply inoperable.

Great, they don't accept non-US paypal accounts, even though I gave them a US shipping address. I don't get why they'd do that.

Low sales are likely due to market saturation if anything, there are like 5-6 viable consoles on the market right now, most people who have a Wii are satisfied with it. A good product can sell itself without much if any word of mouth.

I also don't think too many people want Skylanders, and those who really want skylanders already have Swap force, that is why there is low sales for this bundle. The skylanders franchise at this point isn't going to recruit too many new players, those who are still buying it have been playing since the first Spyro's Adventure. Swap force starter sets have also been as low as $22-23 with coupon. Also the skylanders Wii U only has 3GB of storage available to the user, which isn't even enough to download one retail game in most cases (not that you can't just plug in a flash drive for extra storage). This bundle was a better value at Xmas when Swap force sets were going for $74.99, not that it still isn't a good value. Right now the other bundle is the better value.

Most Wii U buyers are also looking to get it at retail, if you marked the skylanders bundle to $200 and put a stack of them in walmart, target or Toys R U they would fly off the shelves, the fact that this is an online deal means that it only reaches the people who read deal sites, which is a very small percentage of people despite what we all think. A lot of people who read deal sites have probably already jumped on swap force or a Wii U system since there have been so many deals on both lately.

Wow, my Wii U arrived today. That was surprisingly fast. :razz:

And as expected, FedEx dropped it at my front door, made no effort to see if anyone was home, and left.

I can't argue with you on this because I wanted the 32gb one to start with and preordered a unit from walmart as soon as they them up. For $50 more you just got so much more (the extra memory alone worth the $50 extra to me). Why nintendo offers the basic set for such little price difference is another indication of how bad they are at marketing and out of touch they are with their consumers. I think Nintendo no longer offers the basic set but the fact they didn't realize it all from the beginning is beyond me. They should have offered more colors in the deluxe set and let that be it. Nintendo should also do some limited edition themed Wii U's because those always do well. They had perfect opportunity to do a year of Luigi one. They did the windwaker one but all it was was some gold on the gamepad and the console was standard. Had nintendo released a Green/ white Wii U Luigi limited edition with the gamepad to match they would have sold far more units. Why can they not see this?

Why can they not see this?
I would say because in the tech world you have a lot of people that sniff their own farts OR work for someone who does which means you have to sniff too. What I mean by that is that you have a lot of people with a lot of power making very bad choices who have minions under them telling them how right they are. Microsoft falls victim to this very badly. Nintendo in my opinion is more of an old boys sorta company. "If it worked like this before why change it?" Now that would be a great ideology if it was a car company or something like that but this is tech and you have to constantly be innovating, improving, and upgrading. Sadly Nintendo is the slowest of the 3 to change. I feel that it caught up with them on the Wii U.

Does anyone know if I can trade in the game (New Super Mario U + Luigi U) to any of the retail store?  If yes, what's the current trade in value?  I'm hoping to finish the game over the weekend and then trade it in toward Mario Kart 8 to make this deal even sweeter.  

$250.00 + Tax for the bundle

- $XX for the trade in of the game

+ $47.99 + Tax for Mario Kart 8 + Promo Game + $10 Gas Card (GCU Member)

= (Hoping) $260 + Tax for Deluxe Wii U + Mario Kart 8 + Promo Game + $10 Gas Card

Does anyone know if I can trade in the game (New Super Mario U + Luigi U) to any of the retail store? If yes, what's the current trade in value? I'm hoping to finish the game over the weekend and then trade it in toward Mario Kart 8 to make this deal even sweeter.

$250.00 + Tax for the bundle

- $XX for the trade in of the game

+ $47.99 + Tax for Mario Kart 8 + Promo Game + $10 Gas Card (GCU Member)

= (Hoping) $260 + Tax for Deluxe Wii U + Mario Kart 8 + Promo Game + $10 Gas Card
You are talking about the one with both games on the same disc correct? then the answer is no since that was never available at retail therefore retailers wouldn't have a trade in reason for it. That was a exclusive bundle version. no retailer has ever accepted it as trade in

You are talking about the one with both games on the same disc correct? then the answer is no since that was never available at retail therefore retailers wouldn't have a trade in reason for it. That was a exclusive bundle version. no retailer has ever accepted it as trade in
Dang, I was hoping to be able to trade it in. Guess I'll have to try CL or eBay.

Try a mom and pop shop then. They'll take in almost anything for trade.
I guess I'll have to check out a mom and pop store to trade it in, but was hoping I could take advantage of some of the trade in promotions that are going around at the retail stores.

Oh well. Thanks for the help you two!

I"m really tempting to get this. I'm starring at the checkout screen right now.  both mario u and luigi u + mk8 and zelda for all under $300 pre tax. man, tax is the only thing that's holding me back from pulling the trigger.

bread's done
Back