*UPDATED* Best Buy @ Gamer - 9/30/12 - 11/10/12 | Wikified

Waheed

CAGiversary!
For those of you who are wondering the cover of this months @gamer is CoD, hence the CoD themed discounts.

NOTE : These coupons will be in a special edition of @Gamer that sells in-store for $9.99 and will NOT be shipped to Gamer Club Unlocked Members.

$20 Off Call of Duty Blops (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off CoD: Modern Warfare 3 (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off select gunnar optics for gaming

$15 off hauppauge HD-PVR2

$15 off 12-month subscription for xbla, posa, and digital

$15 off 12-month subscription for psn, posa, and digital

$10 off CoD: MoD 2 for (ps3 / xbox 360)

$30 off turtle beach call of duty: black ops 2 tango headset

This link is going to be outdated shortly but I'm leaving it here as there are a few days left.
Link to what versions the coupons apply to
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/September-Gamer-Coupon-Offers/td-p/568694
Updated : http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Rewar...all-of-Duty-Special-Edition-Gamer/td-p/586998

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Witcher 2 (via rewardzone) and Prototype 2 regular edition. No desire to spend an extra $10 for a game I probably won't start playing for another few months.

Disappointed that Chainsaw Lolli wasn't on sale anymore!

Just picked up
iconps3.gif
ME3 CE for $26.xx via credit (after coupon + $5 rzc) that I had held yesterday to get today since it was the last one in my area.

Also picked up SWFU and COD4 while I was there.

Last edited by a moderator:
For people wondering mass effect 3 has the extended cut still free to download and some multiplayer maps free also downloading them right now as I type this before I play some multiplayer.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Gamefly has for 15. Which I'm going to buy when issued $5 off coupon next week.[/QUOTE]

i prefer new games when the price difference is so small, but that is a good price nonetheless

Saint'sRow911;9935575]Yeah Kmart had it for $20 a couple weeks ago. $20 isn't really a great deal for it imo. Would be nice to see a $10 price drop on it or something said:
i agree, but considering it is the same price as at Bestbuy using the @gamer coupon i thought i would mention it

[quote name='tjm01572']i prefer new games when the price difference is so small, but that is a good price nonetheless[/QUOTE]

You get online pass too.

Gamestop has it for 20 same as Amazon if you'd rather pick up than wait for mail.

So if I get the ME3 CE and P2 CE for $30 each using the coupon I can't get refunded the difference if they go on sale since I used my @Gamer coupon, right?

Either way, how do you do the tracker trick? I'm trying to get the tracker for the ME3 CE for :360: but I'm a noob and don't know how lol.

[quote name='Outlaw1986']For people wondering mass effect 3 has the extended cut still free to download and some multiplayer maps free also downloading them right now as I type this before I play some multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

Get out. Those will always be free.

[quote name='aceattorney']Picked up Witcher 2 (via rewardzone) and Prototype 2 regular edition. No desire to spend an extra $10 for a game I probably won't start playing for another few months.

Disappointed that Chainsaw Lolli wasn't on sale anymore![/QUOTE]

Dang I am debating whether to get the Witcher 2 and P2 since I won't be touching them for a long time. Heck more interested in the Witcher 2 for sure, but still it will sit in the backlog for a whole.

I thought I read somewhere they would charge for the alternate ending eventually. But I just tried to look for the article and couldn't find it. Oh well guess it didn't happen.

[quote name='Outlaw1986']I thought I read somewhere they would charge for the alternate ending eventually. But I just tried to look for the article and couldn't find it. Oh well guess it didn't happen.[/QUOTE]

Mass effect? Free download

BF3 prices on eBay is dropping like crazy, as expected. Going to play my BF3 for 2 days and trade back to amazon since I don't play MP.

[quote name='dchrisd']Anybody have any luck getting Battlefield 3 (360) with the coupon??[/QUOTE]

Why would anyone have a problem?

Picked up ps3 version, doubt I'll use any other coupons this month...we'll see.

I hate that every month one coupon is always dedicated to headsets. I get the reasoning behind it but think every month is a but much. Between that and the $x.xx off used $x.xx that's two coupons i know for sure I'll never use each month. (with the exception of last months)

[quote name='shadowkast']Why would anyone have a problem?

Picked up ps3 version, doubt I'll use any other coupons this month...we'll see.

I hate that every month one coupon is always dedicated to headsets. I get the reasoning behind it but think every month is a but much. Between that and the $x.xx off used $x.xx that's two coupons i know for sure I'll never use each month. (with the exception of last months)[/QUOTE]

Because the coupon is for a PS3 version only, so he was asking if anyone had any luck getting a 360 version.

[quote name='krashhole']Lollipop Chainsaw is meaningless fun. I didn't find the point in replaying it once I beat it. Battlefield 3 is great if you like to work as a team. It's not like your COD games where one person can run and gun and win it for the team. It takes strategy and using your head in the Battlefield series. I'd pick it up for $10 without taking a second thought.[/QUOTE]
:lol: Considering I got a trophy to pop up that said 'there's no I in team' on Borderlands via co-op last night, I'd say I'm more of a lone wolf player myself rather than a team player.:booty:

Only thing I'd want BF3 for is the destructibility factor of the game world and to see if I could collapse a building onto enemy troops to take em out instead of having to take them on one by one head to head.;)

It's too bad redeeming the online pass from a new copy of the game wouldn't give you access to another copy of BF1943 or I'd buy one to play through single player & putz around a bit in mp and give the BF1943 code to my one buddies' nephew to use with his PS3.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: Considering I got a trophy to pop up that said 'there's no I in team' on Borderlands via co-op last night, I'd say I'm more of a lone wolf player myself rather than a team player.:booty:

Only thing I'd want BF3 for is the destructibility factor of the game world and to see if I could collapse a building onto enemy troops to take em out instead of having to take them on one by one head to head.;)

It's too bad redeeming the online pass from a new copy of the game wouldn't give you access to another copy of BF1943 or I'd buy one to play through single player & putz around a bit in mp and give the BF1943 code to my one buddies' nephew to use with his PS3.[/QUOTE]
I was noticing that. If see you go down and hop in the car and try to come get you on the complete other side of the map :)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: Considering I got a trophy to pop up that said 'there's no I in team' on Borderlands via co-op last night, I'd say I'm more of a lone wolf player myself rather than a team player.:booty:

It's too bad redeeming the online pass from a new copy of the game wouldn't give you access to another copy of BF1943 or I'd buy one to play through single player & putz around a bit in mp and give the BF1943 code to my one buddies' nephew to use with his PS3.[/QUOTE]

iatcg, just a tip. there is also a rpg element to battlefield 3 multiplayer, it helps with unlocking better weapons, and it comes in the form of ranking

[quote name='Brother Daz']I was noticing that. If see you go down and hop in the car and try to come get you on the complete other side of the map :)[/QUOTE]
Honestly, driving the cars(even with the weird control setup for them) is likely the only way I can get any decent number of kills in a co-op session. I couldn't tell you how many Skags & other varied enemies I mowed down with one of those cars in the last couple of sessions.:lol:;)

At least when I'm using a car I don't suck horribly. Not to mention I don't have very many decent weapons still and the only one I like(sniper) I have about 12 shots left for. So I'd rather just crunch enemies with the car if possible from here on out.:D
[quote name='YBX87']iatcg, just a tip. there is also a rpg element to battlefield 3 multiplayer, it helps with unlocking better weapons, and it comes in the form of ranking[/QUOTE]
:bomb: WTF is with games that just a gen ago would've been straight up shooters requiring you to 'level up' in order to get access to better weapons and abilities.:roll: OK. Scratch BF 3 then cuz I'm having enough 'fun' with Borderlands and it's RPG elemants.:roll:

[quote name='confoosious']Someone might have mentioned this in this thread (not sure if they were talking about this or possibly witcher 2) but there's a sticker on the back of Prototype 2 over the UPC. Is it easy to remove so I can trade into amazon? If so, whats the UPC underneath?

I'm not a big fan of open world games and I'm hesitant to start playing.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

It is the same UPC. The one on the cover art slip is 047875841147.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Honestly, driving the cars(even with the weird control setup for them) is likely the only way I can get any decent number of kills in a co-op session. I couldn't tell you how many Skags & other varied enemies I mowed down with one of those cars in the last couple of sessions.:lol:;)

At least when I'm using a car I don't suck horribly. Not to mention I don't have very many decent weapons still and the only one I like(sniper) I have about 12 shots left for. So I'd rather just crunch enemies with the car if possible from here on out.:D

:bomb: WTF is with games that just a gen ago would've been straight up shooters requiring you to 'level up' in order to get access to better weapons and abilities.:roll: OK. Scratch BF 3 then cuz I'm having enough 'fun' with Borderlands and it's RPG elemants.:roll:[/QUOTE]

it is really not that bad tho, didn't you buy koa? so you cannot hate rpg games that much ,LOL. the rpg element is much less than borderlands tho

Picked up Battlefield 3 and Prototype 2 CE for PS3, and the three Mac games you can get for free. Thanks to the guys who confirmed the prices working.

[quote name='Camwi']Picked up Battlefield 3 and Prototype 2 CE for PS3, and the three Mac games you can get for free. Thanks to the guys who confirmed the prices working.[/QUOTE]

Man whenever I see a post of someone picking all 3 Mac games :drool: I can stop telling myself how stupid I was for only grabbing one when all three were there.

[quote name='Chuck Stank']Is the Prototype 2 CE worth it?[/QUOTE]

It's very, very pretty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMirz7aaqcA

Picked up Prototype 2 CE, Prototype Steelbook and Rage (OSX) for $15 out the door (Prototype 2 CE was $30 - $10 gift card for doing their promotion last month and a $5 RZ cert, Prototype steelbook and Rage were free).

No Dead Island: Riptide steelbooks in sight :(

Didn't want to push my luck and try multiple OSX games for free.

Just wanted to confirm that the coupons are even stacking with Clearance prices. Local store still had two copies of Battlefield 3 Limited Edition (with the Back to Karkland dlc) on clearance for $29.99. Rang up free after coupon, no override needed.

OK here is my report:

SWFUUSE Mac Free
Call of Duty 4 Mac Free
Rage Mac Free
Didn't have rollcoaster tycoon, but that would have been free too.

It did require 3 coupon scans to get 3 free games.

Battlefield 3 $10

All prices after coupon and no overrides needed.

[quote name='Tsel']Because the coupon is for a PS3 version only, so he was asking if anyone had any luck getting a 360 version.[/QUOTE]

Duh!!!!!! My bad, forgot about that

So question for anyone who have re-upped their Unlocked membership. I have been to BBY twice now and the message about the renewal pops but after the sales associate hits ok their is no prompt to actually do the renewal. Neither rep knew what to do with one telling me I should do it at gaming and the other saying I should do it online. Anyway, has anyone renewed at the checkout? If so, what did the rep do? Thanks.

[quote name='YBX87']it is really not that bad tho, didn't you buy koa? so you cannot hate rpg games that much ,LOL. the rpg element is much less than borderlands tho[/QUOTE]
I don't mind RPG elements IN RPG's. But RPG elements in a shooting/open world game drags the game down by having to worry about what 'level' you are and bores the fuckin' shit outta me.

The only semi RPG elements I liked were in San Andreas, when you could switch out the characters' clothes to get respect or whatever and either make them completely buff or a fat slob based on how you worked out or ate in the game. But for the record, I hated the 'dating' aspect of the game(and GTA IV). I played that up till I got invited in for 'coffee' and then every time after that I'd pick the chick up and drive the car into the nearest lake/river, jump out and let her drown.:evil:

[quote name='Scorch']It's very, very pretty.

Picked up Prototype 2 CE, Prototype Steelbook and Rage (OSX) for $15 out the door (Prototype 2 CE was $30 - $10 gift card for doing their promotion last month and a $5 RZ cert, Prototype steelbook and Rage were free).

No Dead Island: Riptide steelbooks in sight :(

Didn't want to push my luck and try multiple OSX games for free.[/QUOTE]

Wait the steel book doesn't come in the CE ? So what if they have the CE, can I just ask for the steel book from one of the vanilla copies?

[quote name='mars009']Oh man I only used it on one and all 3 were there :whistle2:#. Got BF3 and SWFU, they had P2 CE but it had an awful spider all over it :\ . Also happened to pass by Sears and got Enchanted Arms with graphic novel for $5[/QUOTE]
Wait, The coupon would deduct $15 off each game with just a scan?!!! :booty:

Ya I only picked up 1 game thinking that's all it would ring up for. No matter anyways, I looked at the back of the box and Rage took up something like 25gigs and took 4GB of RAM. I could handle it, but obviously didn't want to spend the extra room.

I wasn't able to get all three Mac games. They scanned the coupon once and it only deducted $15. I think you'd need more coupons or an overly generous cashier to get all three for free.

I wasn't able to price-match the TRU 2-for-$60 deal either. Oh well.

[quote name='mars009']Wait the steel book doesn't come in the CE ? So what if they have the CE, can I just ask for the steel book from one of the vanilla copies?[/QUOTE]

The steelbooks were a preorder bonus, a Best Buy exclusive. If your store has them, they will ring up $49.99. You will have to successfully convince them to give it to you for free. It *should* be free, it's supposed to be free with the purchase of the game, but for whatever reason, the steelbook cases ring up $49.99.. so, Best Buy being Best Buy, they'll try to sell you an empty case for $49.99.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So question for anyone who have re-upped their Unlocked membership. I have been to BBY twice now and the message about the renewal pops but after the sales associate hits ok their is no prompt to actually do the renewal. Neither rep knew what to do with one telling me I should do it at gaming and the other saying I should do it online. Anyway, has anyone renewed at the checkout? If so, what did the rep do? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I just renewed today myself. I brought the gaming unlocked brochure up to the checkout and had them scan the barcode same as for a new membership (forgot to get another mag but don't really care as I have my mailed one already). On myrewardzone the membership expiration date has already updated.

If anyone needs these months coupons or the welcome packet unlocked coupons, send me a pm. I don't need anything this month or won't be using the buy 2 get 1 free on new or preowned games unlocked coupons.

[quote name='Kyden139']I just renewed today myself. I brought the gaming unlocked brochure up to the checkout and had them scan the barcode same as for a new membership (forgot to get another mag but don't really care as I have my mailed one already). On myrewardzone the membership expiration date has already updated.[/QUOTE]

Sweet...you know I feel pretty dumb for not just doing that in the first place. I figured they would have some different sku for renewal over a new membership. Thanks. I will take care of that this week.

[quote name='thelwig14']If anyone needs these months coupons or the welcome packet unlocked coupons, send me a pm. I don't need anything this month or won't be using the buy 2 get 1 free on new or preowned games unlocked coupons.[/QUOTE]

Love seeing posts like this! It's these types of posts that (IMO) differentiates CAG from SD. :)

[quote name='Scorch']The steelbooks were a preorder bonus, a Best Buy exclusive. If your store has them, they will ring up $49.99. You will have to successfully convince them to give it to you for free. It *should* be free, it's supposed to be free with the purchase of the game, but for whatever reason, the steelbook cases ring up $49.99.. so, Best Buy being Best Buy, they'll try to sell you an empty case for $49.99.[/QUOTE]

When I was checking out I tried explaining that the steelbook SHOULD be free w/ purchase of Prototype 2, but the cashier didn't want to give it away without a fight. She told me, "Well it's ringing up $49.99, we can't just give it away. This must be another version of the game." I told her it was JUST a case, no game included and if she didn't believe me to take the steelbook out of the plastic shrink wrap. She did so and low and behold, there was no disc inside (no surprises there). Considering the fact that the game itself was not included, I would have thought that would justify to her it being free, but nope she still wanted to charge me $49.99 for an EMPTY case. I couldn't help but roll my eyes when she asked "Did you still want to buy it"?

For someone who has all of the CoD games that have been on the PS3 and only ever enjoyed MW would you recommend BF3 for the 360?

For $10 it is rather tempting...

bread's done
Back