Using a PSone screen with ANY A/V device! 56K warning

[quote name='Wshakspear']Power plug came with the screen. 7.5 voltz[/quote]Am I able to use the power plug from the PSone?

[quote name='The Don'][quote name='Wshakspear']Power plug came with the screen. 7.5 voltz[/quote]Am I able to use the power plug from the PSone?[/quote]

Somebody else has mentiones that the PSone plug and the screen plug are different...i'm gonna take thier word, considering i dont have an actual PSone at the moment

lol..the easel was from a local craft shop and cost maybe $3. I also use it for "Now Playing" movies and games. Yep, im a dork :)

Good find on the Ebay auctions. He also has the couplers. Just to note, the 3.75 ones have a 6 ft. cord, while they have Gold Plated, 6ft ones for 4.95 and Gold Plated with 12 ft. cord for 7.95. Not bad deals at all.

And to answer it right off the bat, "Who would need 12 ft. of cords?". Cube owners with a Wavebird in another room :)

[quote name='neonglow']This ebay seller sells the AV RCA wire for pretty cheap. $3.75 + $1.95 shipping.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1Q...QQsassZrazernQQssPageNameZSTRKQ3aMEFSQ3aMESOI

Make sure to buy the ones marked $3.75. He also lists them as PSone wire but is charging $5 for those. As far as I can tell, they are the same wire.

BTW, where can I buy that easel frame for the LCD screen and how much does one of those cost?[/quote]

I bought from him, and got my cables and coupler pretty quickly. I haven't yet tried them, but they look good. Also, he combines shipping, so even though it would have been $1.95 shipping for just the cable, it was only $2.20 shipping for the coupler and the cable together. He has a combined shipping calculator that lets you put in the item numbers to determine total shipping. Very professional.

One caveat: I ordered the $3.35 coupler that shows red/green/blue connectors instead of the $3.45 coupler that has yellow/white/red. I received the yellow/white/red. I don't expect that there is any difference in performance (anyone know otherwise?), so I didn't bother sending him an email about it, but if you want the exact product pictured, I'd recommend including a note with your payment.

Ok, I just tested them, they work fine. I'll eventually try modding, but for now, it is good to have it working with the cables.

No difference with the colors...same inner workings and use. They just make it easier to distinguish when you've got 100 cords behind a tv :)

In case anyone hasn't seen my post i can get access to a couple of these if anybody would like one. It is the official Sony hardware, and the price is coming out to about $35 shipped (less for some).

PM if interested.

[quote name='m_d_amore'][quote name='jimbodan']I was just wondering, is there an easy way to power a gamecube/ps2/xbox without using a wall power socket? IE: I'd like to make it portable. Do they have any sort of battery pack or anything for those systems?[/quote]

gamecube
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000945KE/103-3166641-3177453?v=glance

dont see any others yet
Edit- Ps1
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...6&id=1077624262708&skuId=6369805&type=product[/quote]

they got those gamecube batteries here for 15 bucks at TRU (I think 15) whatever 70% off 40 is :)

The batteries will only power the cube itself, you'd still need to plug the screen in. They do have car adapters for the screen.

[quote name='m_d_amore']ok next we need the how to ' install these in your headrests in the car[/quote]
That would be awesome!
Just have to put power source to car adapter and then a bunch of other stuff like some cutting of the cushion.
...Anybody up for it?

[quote name='scdoanintendo'][quote name='The Don']Okay so let me get this straight. In the end there will be two power cords coming out. One coming out of the LCD screen and one coming out of the PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, etc. Right? Also does the power cord that you have look like this http://servicesales.sel.sony.com/we...ID=504077&category=9&categoryName=PlayStation[/quote]

That would be the one that comes with the LCD.[/quote]Do you have a picture of the one that comes with the PSone?

[quote name='scdoanintendo'][quote name='The Don']Okay so let me get this straight. In the end there will be two power cords coming out. One coming out of the LCD screen and one coming out of the PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, etc. Right? Also does the power cord that you have look like this http://servicesales.sel.sony.com/we...ID=504077&category=9&categoryName=PlayStation[/quote]

That would be the one that comes with the LCD.[/quote]

The pack-in ac adapter's cord is way short. Is there any alternive to extend the cable? I want to plumb this into my car in a really clean way but the length of this adapter cable is jamming me up.

-Brian P

I was wondering why everyone wanted to get the PS1 screens.

It looks pretty neat, but do you guys use it? Why not play on a regular tv? or is everyone using it for the portability?

I was just wondering how games look on it, is it big enough that you could play something like dynasty warriors or a shooter like r-type on it? I'll have to check if they're still available.

I'm *very* happy with my PSone combo unit I picked up for $50...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/TheUncleBob/Picture012.jpg

(Sorry about the crappy picture, it was taken with a camera phone)...

Forget the GBASP - I've got a backlit 5" screen, stereo sound and I can play Gamecube and PS1 games! Whoo!

Although it doesn't quite fit in my pocket as well...

BTW, anyone who's TRU sold out of the screens/combo units - you might be slightly interested in this... http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47426

Wal-Mart let me price match with TRU... :)

[quote name='jngx80']I was wondering why everyone wanted to get the PS1 screens.

It looks pretty neat, but do you guys use it? Why not play on a regular tv? or is everyone using it for the portability?

I was just wondering how games look on it, is it big enough that you could play something like dynasty warriors or a shooter like r-type on it? I'll have to check if they're still available.[/quote]

Yep. I play everything from Wind Waker to Ikaruga, NiGHTS to Halo. Works fine with all of them. I actually use the screen in bed while the GF is either watching TV or reading her books.

Off topic, but any chance some place is selling the PSOne LCD cheap? Think TRU is still selling this under $30? This thread got me hooked. :)

a Simple Y adapter....and if Radioshack was working, id give you a pic...and i dont feel like looking elsewhere

[quote name='Wshakspear']a Simple Y adapter....and if Radioshack was working, id give you a pic...and i dont feel like looking elsewhere[/quote]

I didn't read the middle pages of the thread, but is there a way to make the Y-adpater more secure? the 1/8" hole seems to be a slightly bigger than the gold-plated jack. I push it all the way in but its like if I bump or move the wires, the LCD screen goes out and I have to re-adjust it. Or do I have a faulty screen? :shock:

[quote name='SOSTrooper']Off topic, but any chance some place is selling the PSOne LCD cheap? Think TRU is still selling this under $30? This thread got me hooked. :)[/quote]

If your TRU still has them, odds are they are cheap ($10 to $35). Very few TRUs still have them for more than that.

Thanks for the thread, Wshakspear. Look what I found at my TRU for $22...

psonelcd2.jpg

psonelcd1.jpg

:wink:

Umm... well, the picture I posted was of "The Minish Cap" via a Gamecube/GameBoy Player... Unfortunatly, again, it was taken with my picture phone, so the shot sucks... :(

It looks pretty good on the LCD screen though... :)

[quote name='guest2']Umm... well, the picture I posted was of "The Minish Cap" via a Gamecube/GameBoy Player... Unfortunatly, again, it was taken with my picture phone, so the shot sucks... :(

It looks pretty good on the LCD screen though... :)[/quote]Oops. I quoted you, but I hadn't actually clicked on the picture link. From what I can tell, it looks pretty good. Unfortunately I don't have a Gameboy Player or one of the screens, but I'll probably get the Player at least. Thanks for pointing out the pic.

I managed to open the plastic casing (not an easy task) and I'm now planning on framing it like what some people are doing. Oh and look what I found working...

psonelcd13.jpg

Wshakspear, thanks a bunch for this thread. Already have a combo, but felt the need to pick up another screen on the cheap at TRU to hook my other systems to and play in bed or at work. :)

Would love to see more pics of the mod work people are doing with these. May need to get a few more screens! :)

113_1348_IMG.jpg

113_1350_IMG.jpg

The protective plastic cover was still on because I just took it out of the box to test it out. :p Now I just need to figure out where I'm going to put it. :)

I just got a screen today (Thanks to Munch for hooking me up!), I hooked it up to my old NES and played Metroid for awhile to test it out, works like a charm! I just bought a couple of those gold plated connectors from that ebay seller, total came to around 15$ shipped for a 12 foot gold plated camcorder cable and a gold plated female connector.

[quote name='MorPhiend']Awesome stuff, WShakespear! Now I'm really upset that my TRU only has the screens alone, and they are full priced...[/quote]

keep a good eye on them then. They will get clearanced, it will probably be a very sudden and drastic drop.

[quote name='neonglow']This ebay seller sells the AV RCA wire for pretty cheap. $3.75 + $1.95 shipping.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1Q...QQsassZrazernQQssPageNameZSTRKQ3aMEFSQ3aMESOI

Make sure to buy the ones marked $3.75. He also lists them as PSone wire but is charging $5 for those. As far as I can tell, they are the same wire.

BTW, where can I buy that easel frame for the LCD screen and how much does one of those cost?[/quote]

Id just like to add for anybody out there looking for the hookups, the Razern guy on ebay is awesome. Not only was he helpful as heck with my special request, he even helped me out with some other non related AV questions I asked on a whim. Id buy from him again without hesitation.

Yeah, I got my cables from Razern and he was kind enough to answer my questions, combine shipping, and have great prices.

So I'm trying to figure out how to hook up multiple screens to one source. What Y-adapter do I need and how will it work?

(I wouldn't ask this question if I weren't seriously lost in all this stuff :))

[quote name='JAMMR']So I'm trying to figure out how to hook up multiple screens to one source. What Y-adapter do I need and how will it work?

(I wouldn't ask this question if I weren't seriously lost in all this stuff :))[/quote]
I thought about this myself. I'm not sure if it would work because I don't really feel like redoing all my wires.

but, if you take a system selector (pelican system selector) and hook the screens to the inputs and connect the gaming device to the output you may be able to push in all the buttons at once to get a signal to them all. By hooking it up this way you will be able to turn off certain screens that you don't want the signal to go to.

bread's done
Back