UTAH CAGs Official Thread

Orem? Oh, now you're treading on my turf. My Spidey Sense was tingling!

But yes, they've actually got 4 of those behind the counter. I bought one last week, brand new compass and all.

[quote name='jaysapathy']Orem? Oh, now you're treading on my turf. My Spidey Sense was tingling![/QUOTE]
I don't typically go to Orem very often for anything. This was mostly because me and my co-workers were so disappointed in the 10 games they had in Pleasant Grove. So I shouldn't be stepping on your toes too much. :) Since it's your area, though, what's up with the Orem Target's clearance section. It seems to have disappeared.

[quote name='jaysapathy']But yes, they've actually got 4 of those behind the counter. I bought one last week, brand new compass and all.[/QUOTE]
Are you saying they have 4 more Assassin's Creeds behind the counter? I'll have to tell my buddy that lives in Orem. He'll be stoked that I didn't get the last one.

P.S. I hit the AF Target once or twice a week. If you want me to keep my eyes open for any clearance games to hit a certain price, PM me and I'll help you out.

[quote name='shafnitz']P.S. I hit the AF Target once or twice a week. If you want me to keep my eyes open for any clearance games to hit a certain price, PM me and I'll help you out.[/QUOTE]

I'm more interested in why Lindsay the Hollywood Video Manager would be telling me you bought ~$100+ in games during your 3-4 trips there..

[quote name='jaysapathy']I'm more interested in why Lindsay the Hollywood Video Manager would be telling me you bought ~$100+ in games during your 3-4 trips there..[/QUOTE]
That's not me. The only thing I bought at the Orem store was the AC: Limited Edition. I don't have that kind of money to buy video games. My wife would kill me. On top of that, I've only been to that store once in my life. I realize everyone's touchy about hoarding, but you've got the wrong guy.

[quote name='shafnitz']That's not me. The only thing I bought at the Orem store was the AC: Limited Edition. I don't have that kind of money to buy video games. My wife would kill me. On top of that, I've only been to that store once in my life. I realize everyone's touchy about hoarding, but you've got the wrong guy.[/QUOTE]

You don't sound like an Asian, either. Apparently, someone from the CAG boards hit every HV in Utah, from north to south, and spent close to a thousand dollars. Insane.

[quote name='jaysapathy']You don't sound like an Asian, either. Apparently, someone from the CAG boards hit every HV in Utah, from north to south, and spent close to a thousand dollars. Insane.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, not only do I not have the money for that, I don't have the time. Orem is about as "out of the way" I as go, and I work in AF.

[quote name='jaysapathy']You don't sound like an Asian, either. Apparently, someone from the CAG boards hit every HV in Utah, from north to south, and spent close to a thousand dollars. Insane.[/QUOTE]

Wow thats insane. Guess I'm kinda glad I didn't even bother checking out this sale. Disappointing really, means that there is some crazy hoader in the area who has the money to really mess up my game hunting.

So I totally thought someone cleaned out the Pleasant Grove HWV. Just went there to see if they had restocked and the 360 shelf was empty except for 3 or 4 $34.99 games. Turns out they had moved everything to the table near the entrance and it was the same stuff I saw on Friday.
While I was out I checked the A.F. Target for any clearance drops. Picked up :360: 50 Cent: BotS for $14.98. Nothing else for the 360 has dropped in almost 2 months. I was tempted to get in on the B1G1 50% off sale, but couldn't really justify it.

Has anyone made a run through the various Big Lots for the DVD boxsets and anime? I checked the West Jordan and Midvale locations about two weeks ago and didn't see anything.

If it's something you want bad enough PM me a list of what you're looking for and I can check the Big Lots here in St. George. Just pay me back plus shipping.

Just got back from the k-mart at 5400S and Bangeter. Picked up a Nyko Intercooler for $5.00. Not much else that interested me. Was hoping for a 120GB HD but no luck.

Been wanting to hit that store up, but it's a little out of my way. I have a co-worker who lives really close to that store, though. With these Gamestop price drops, I might have him pick some stuff up for me.

Does anybody know how Best Buy's price match works for the used games. Can I just bring the flyer in to them? I'd love to pick up a new Street Fighter 4 for $25.

[quote name='kryptonian99']Does anybody know how Best Buy's price match works for the used games. Can I just bring the flyer in to them? I'd love to pick up a new Street Fighter 4 for $25.[/QUOTE]
That would be my guess. They'd probably need to call the store to make sure it's in stock. But that should be about it.

I'm going to try and go in this weekend to see if I can grab a copy of Cross Edge, so I'll try to get more specifics. There's at least a half dozen Gamestops within 30 miles so hopefully they'll call around.

[quote name='fizzywix']http://kotaku.com/5335967/gamestop-strikes-back-at-best-buy-in-used-game-price-wars
Great prices on a lot of stuff, apparantely only at West Jordan Utah GameStop[/QUOTE]

Think I'll check it out tomorrow as well. Wonder if this is all hype or if the deals are as good as they sound.

-Edit- Just looked at their flyer, and I'm not impressed. Nothing I couldn't get for about the same or cheaper used with other deals. However, if the WeJo BB is matching this list, there is some potential for some good prices on *new* items. Anyone know how BB will be handling this special list?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry about stopping by the West Jordan BB. Corporate had them pull the promotion.

Still, if you're in the area, Sears has 2 copies of Bioshock for $9.97 each (not priced correctly). Gamestop also still has the lower used prices as well.

[quote name='samthegreat0']Does anyone here know of any special deals that University of Utah students might be able to get?[/QUOTE]

Yeah...provide an undefeated football season, get 2nd place free! :applause:

went to sears in jordan landing on Friday just to check it out. Apparently management got on the ball and got the department all cleaned up. The games were alphabetised and all neatly arranged. So yep, that means nothing worth picking up there.

Bummer, this used to be a fun place to find clearance stuff too.

The Smiths Marketplace on Redwood & 90th has a great selection of 360 clearance games. Lost Odyssey for $9.97, Blue Dragon for $7.97, Devil May Cry 4 for $19.97 - all before the add'l 20% discount.

I'm in west valley, just joined the forum a few months ago to vote on playswitch.com, now I'm back for PSN gameshare and I'm liking this forum more than my usual ones. I'll be around a while.

[quote name='thelonepig']Layton or Lay-un?[/QUOTE]

Heheh, yeah definitely Lay-TON, near the MounTains. I'm from California originally so I don't have that strange local dialect.

[quote name='chinomike55']Heheh, yeah definitely Lay-TON, near the MounTains. I'm from California originally so I don't have that strange local dialect.[/QUOTE]

It's only a matter of time. I grew up between California and Indiana and lived all over the southeast before my family moved to Idaho. I went to Utah State and have been in Utah for six years. Despite a concerted effort, I catch myself slipping into the dialect on occasion.

[quote name='thelonepig']It's only a matter of time. I grew up between California and Indiana and lived all over the southeast before my family moved to Idaho. I went to Utah State and have been in Utah for six years. Despite a concerted effort, I catch myself slipping into the dialect on occasion.[/QUOTE]

Nooooooooooooo!!!

Some pretty good deals at the Blockbuster liquidation/going out of business sale in Roy, at 5665 South 1900 West. I picked up Left 4 Dead 2 and Darksiders for Xbox 360 for 21 bucks each!

If you guys get checking pawn shops, I'm interested in any and all full package Genesis games for my collection -- or if you just see Genesis games in general, let me know where. I'm bleeding the local CashAmerica dry..

Anybody come across a Sears with :ps3: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 or :wii: Metroid Prime Trilogy in stock? I've tried the Jordan Landing and Fashion Place locations, but neither had a very good selection.

Anyone see the 4GB, 8GB or 16GB Transcend USB drives on 75%-off clearance at Target? Someone cleaned out the American Fork store and I really want to pick one up.

sorry to take this thread off topic but CAG is the only forum i contribute to/read and hoping to get some advice on moving out to SLC. are there any areas that you would recommend looking for a place and more importantly any areas to avoid? appreciate any help. thanks!

bread's done
Back