UTAH CAGs Official Thread

[quote name='punkmaggit']Close to Redwood & 7800 south, so don't worry, your Sears is all yours. :)

I do call dibs on the Target at Jordan Landing though![/QUOTE]

There's nothing there. EVER.

Besides, I'm closer. You stick to the Target on Redwood and 70th or State and 102nd.

[quote name='thelonepig']There's nothing there. EVER.[/QUOTE]
LOL I know!! I'm having problems finding deals in this town like I did in Vegas. The Best Buys and Gamestops here are nazi's about pulling penny guides, there's nothing decent in Target clearance, and it's 17 fucking degrees outside!! :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

My only saving grace for awhile was when Game Crazy/Hollywood Video was going out of business. I found a TON of guides at this one HWV up by Centerville, the best being a sealed Persona 3 guide!!!

Are there any mom 'n pop/other video game stores around? The one Play 'n Trade store I went to was a joke (3500 S by Valley Fair mall) and there doesn't seem to be anything else.

[quote name='punkmaggit']LOL I know!! I'm having problems finding deals in this town like I did in Vegas. The Best Buys and Gamestops here are nazi's about pulling penny guides, there's nothing decent in Target clearance, and it's 17 fucking degrees outside!! :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

My only saving grace for awhile was when Game Crazy/Hollywood Video was going out of business. I found a TON of guides at this one HWV up by Centerville, the best being a sealed Persona 3 guide!!!

Are there any mom 'n pop/other video game stores around? The one Play 'n Trade store I went to was a joke (3500 S by Valley Fair mall) and there doesn't seem to be anything else.[/QUOTE]

You'll be hard pressed to find much of anything in the way of mom 'n pop stores around here. The Target up on Redwood and 70th has always managed to have the best clearance; I don't think it's frequented quite as often as some of the others in the area.

I think jaysapathy runs around cleaning out all of the stores in the valley before anyone can think twice. ;)

Of course. Have you seen the blog? It's almost obscene these days. As far as game stores, it's Gamestop + Best Buy + Play N Trade + Graywhale in Salt Lake. In Utah County, there's one in the Provo Mall called Mario's. Other than that, you're kind of SOL. Utah's pretty dry when it comes to gaming deals.. And I hear you about deals in Vegas. I'm there every 6 or 7 months, and clean out the pawn shops.

Well shoot. Looks like I'll have to rely on the generosity of fellow CAG's for some deals (or pray that Amazon PM's EVERYTHING). :lol:

I've been to two Graywhales and they're decent, although they do charge ebay prices for everything. The one down on 9000 South and Redwood has (last time I looked) a copy of Suikoden II that they're selling for like $130. They did have a B2G1 free sale Thanksgiving weekend and I picked up a slew of CD's for pretty cheap.

I dunno. This city has yet to grow on me but so far the only real saving grace is the Godfather's Pizza on 4100 South and Redwood. I love me some pizza!

Oh... the Kmart on 5400 south and Bangeter is going out of business (saw that coming!). I don't know how prices are yet but it might be worth checking out later.

Whaa? I've picked up a few copies of Suikoden II from various Graywhales for $20ish.. I did pay $30 for one once, but that was sealed. The last one was at West Jordan. don't get scammed, stick to the decent ones -- WeJo and Draper. Go see JG (Draper) and Davey or Chris (West Jordan), and tell them Jay sent you. They'll take good care of you.

My wife's not too thrilled about KMart going out. She works at the one in Orem. Yeep!

[quote name='jaysapathy']Whaa? I've picked up a few copies of Suikoden II from various Graywhales for $20ish.. I did pay $30 for one once, but that was sealed. The last one was at West Jordan. don't get scammed, stick to the decent ones -- WeJo and Draper. Go see JG (Draper) and Davey or Chris (West Jordan), and tell them Jay sent you. They'll take good care of you.

My wife's not too thrilled about KMart going out. She works at the one in Orem. Yeep![/QUOTE]

Thanks. I've got a decent repoire with the people at the Graywhale on 9000 south and Redwood (I'm assuming that's the West Jordan one). Ironically, that's where I saw the $120-$130 Suikoden II. I'd love to pick up a copy for $20.

I used to check Graywhale by the U all the time for rarities. I once scored the first Disgaea for $10 around the height of its rareness, that's probably the best I've found there.

Anyone remember the old "Graywhale Too" around the PS1 era? Bigger selection, imports, swag. Those were the days. I miss Utah. :(

I actually saw the entire 11-disc import soundtrack to Kingdom Hearts 1, 2 & final mix (or whatever it was) at the GW on Redwood and 4700 South. I think they wanted $100+ for it. Yeesh.

Forgive me for stepping in, I updated the title from CAG'ers to CAG. CheapAssGamer'ers is redundant and incorrect and when i saw it, I couldn't help myself.

I'll step back out now. =)

FYI, if anyone is looking for a sealed PS3 copy of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 SE, the Gamestop at the Gateway mall has one. I would've grabbed it, but I've already got me a copy. :)

Mm, the shops have been pretty cleaned out lately. You gamer folk must have figured out my secret..

At any rate, a buddy of mine has taken over the Graywhale in Draper recently, and will take really good care of you as long as you tell him Jay sent you in. He can find damn near anything -- he found me a copy of Lunar 2 today. :D

Sup everyone, salt lake/west valley border resident reporting in.

I hit up NPS yesterday and scored a 12 months+400 MSFT/Headset/chatpad kit for 35. Sadly it was the only one :( They still have a few decent looking controllers power adapters and a few ps3 things.

I just heard about a deal RC Willey is doing with the Star Wars Complete Blu-Rays.

From what I heard, on Thursday at night at Midnight if you dress up in a Star Wars costume, you get them for $40.

Hopefully they will have an ad with more details soon.

*Edit* - Looks like you have to buy something to get that price. https://www.rcwilley.com/dp/Star-Wars-Release-Party.jsp Not much of a deal. Off to Amazon I go.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gundamxzero']Anyone else going to GEEX this year?[/QUOTE]

I might be on Booth Duty again this year. So it is a good possiblility.

What exactly is there to do at GEEX? This would be my 2nd year in Utah since moving here for school from California. It doesn't look like there's actually a whole lot going on aside from the tournaments.

And anyone selling a Touchpad? Haha.

bread's done
Back