Valkyria Chronicles $44 shipped at Amazon

wildnuts02

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
From a 3rd party vendor (that supposedly ships really fast). It's $47 through amazon with FSSS.

This is OK if you don't have any VCs near you at EB/GS (for $30) or didn't want to get a gutted version:

LINK

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, wut is up with GS/EB gutting all their sale stuff. Got it anyway, but just annoyed that they do that. Was tempted to ask if I put a clear round sticker on my trade ins if they would consider it "NEW".

It's actually $44 shipped, as this is not sold by Amazon, but by Hubbagames. It's $40 + $4 shipping.

Edit: Er whoops, guess that's what jack meant.

[quote name='wildnuts02']This is OK if you don't have any VCs near you at EB/GS (for $30) or didn't want to get a gutted version:

LINK [/QUOTE]

or didn't realize that you could simply buy it online? :hot:

[quote name='Oktoberfest']or didn't realize that you could simply buy it online? :hot:[/quote]

No you can't, it sold out online right away.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']or didn't realize that you could simply buy it online? :hot:[/quote]

it's been out of stock online for days if not weeks

Thankfully GS didn't gut the GameDays sale games until right before the sale, so they are mostly in "like-new" condition. It sucks that these new games aren't actually new, but for $30 you're getting a great deal on a like-new used copy.

Not a big fan of this game. It was very repetitive and boring. Ill pass on this one, thanks OP!
pixel.gif

[quote name='TigerWoods09']Not a big fan of this game. It was very repetitive and boring. Ill pass on this one, thanks OP!
pixel.gif
[/quote]

What's the point of posting in a deal thread to say no thanks?? I just don't get it...

[quote name='Warner1281']What's the point of posting in a deal thread to say no thanks?? I just don't get it...[/quote]

Just an opinion that others can use to evaluate whether they want to get the game or not, nothing more.

[quote name='blackhole82']Just an opinion that others can use to evaluate whether they want to get the game or not, nothing more.[/QUOTE]Metacritic or GameRankings offers a lot more insight into a game than "It was very repetitive and boring."

I got all of my games from the EB sale online and they are all SEALED since they never ship any gutted games and I ended up saving (less tax and free shipping (no gasoline)).

I do not know why you guys go to the store and then get mad.

BTW, it took around 2-3 days with the free shipping which is even faster than Amazon's shipping.

[quote name='mhnajjar']I got all of my games from the EB sale online and they are all SEALED since they never ship any gutted games and I ended up saving (less tax and free shipping (no gasoline)).[/QUOTE]I've received a gutted game from their website before that was listed as being new. Granted they offered a full refund + shipping to send the game back after I e-mailed their customer service.

all games are repetitive Tetris ring a bell? Possibly the most pointless complaint about any game

Amazon has been OOS on this and has not matched the soon to be universal $30. I detest buying 3rd party from amazon, although Hubba games isn't nearly as bad as "BeachAudio"

[quote name='dubbfoolio']so is the game days sale still going?[/QUOTE]

It runs until they're gone ... which online for VC seems to be the case ... in store is still a possibility, but most likely it won't be "new"

Ha, you seriously just compared Tetris to Chrono Trigger because someone called it repetitive? I guess technically they are both 'games', that's where the comparison should stop. Not all games are repetitive, btw.

Chrono Trigger is one of the greatest games ever made, that being said, it isn't worth 30 dollars 15 years later.
Just buy the ps1 version.

[quote name='gobz']My Gamestop didn't gut all of the copies but has like 15+ still behind the counter. I'd call stores[/QUOTE]

That's lucky :( Mine had its two remaining copies gutted. I considered it, but I just don't want a used copy.

[quote name='Thrinn']Metacritic or GameRankings offers a lot more insight into a game than "It was very repetitive and boring."[/QUOTE]

Sometimes. A lot of games get massively hyped by all the critics but are actually really terrible to a lot of people. In the case of VC the demo really is crazy fun and innovative (but in a way that's easy to understand) but still it's worth hearing other views (and people can always ask for more info).

I find it hilarious to hear a strategy game criticized as being repetitive. So is chess, the foundation of grid-based strategy games.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Sometimes. A lot of games get massively hyped by all the critics but are actually really terrible to a lot of people. In the case of VC the demo really is crazy fun and innovative (but in a way that's easy to understand) but still it's worth hearing other views (and people can always ask for more info).[/QUOTE] Don't get me wrong, I'm all for getting as many opinions as you can before you invest in a game. I was just suggesting that that particular opinion didn't offer anything in the way of context. Why was it boring and repetitive? Every game is repetitive in one way or another. I would hope people give the demo a spin before they begin looking to others for opinions. :)

[quote name='Thrinn']Don't get me wrong, I'm all for getting as many opinions as you can before you invest in a game. I was just suggesting that that particular opinion didn't offer anything in the way of context. Why was it boring and repetitive? Every game is repetitive in one way or another. I would hope people give the demo a spin before they begin looking to others for opinions. :)[/QUOTE]

You don't need to explain. Reasonable people understand that "this game is boring" is a pointless comment that does not belong in a deals thread.

Just thought I'd bump this for the people who weren't able to get one during the GameDays sale, as it appears to be back to this price. In stock at Amazon, a vendor fulfilled by Amazon, and a third party vendor, all at about the same price of $44/$45.

Hmm...Amazon now. That's really tempting. Hope the whole game is as fun as the demo. I'm gunshy about any strategy RPGs after the last two insanely hard Fire Emblems (NEVER buying one of those again).

I dont know.. megacritic has the game listed as an 87. I would hardly say that some random person of the net saying its repetitive and boring has any probative value.. and this comes from a guy who names his profile off a golfer.. if there ever was a slow and boring sport.. hit the ball, walk after it.. hit the ball, walk after it..

This game had zero hype to it, but the game is a lot of fun for me. I hate listening to what other people say about things, like to see games in action before I buy. I always find the gametrailer reviews to be the most helpful (and not the score they give, but seeing if its the type of game I like.)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43161.html for valkyria chronicles

bread's done
Back