Valkyria Chronicles - Gen. Discussion & Info

I'm gonna check out the demo when it comes out, if I like what I see then I'll get it via Gamefly, then decided whether or not to purchase it. Looks like it's going to be good.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Why do all the big gaming parties happen on the West Coast? Seriously - where's the East Coast lovin'?[/quote]

Because most of the companies are on the West Coast and it's much cheaper to have a party close to headquarters. Other than Epic down in North Carolina, there aren't many companies headquartered in the East.

[quote name='SDC']Does that mean you'll need to buy Qore to get the demo?
That's a terrible idea.[/QUOTE]It's their way of hopefully getting people of buying Qore each month. I mean, OXM even has their occassional exclusive demo.

I'm buying the game regardless, so no biggie. Naruto was 2 weeks exclusive to Qore.

The demos aren't exclusive, they're just available to Qore buyers/subcribers early. And there's nothing wrong with that.

That said, I can easily wait for the demo to hit the PSN openly.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']It's their way of hopefully getting people of buying Qore each month..[/QUOTE]

I hope it works. It seems to me a title like this, that doesn't seem to be getting much advertising and isn't mainstream, could use a demo's help to generate some hype.

[quote name='62t']So I guess I am the only one that got autographed cover from Nonaka?[/QUOTE]

I did too! But I didn't win anything :(

[quote name='danhoo']I did too! But I didn't win anything :([/QUOTE]

Nice. I also got him to sign my copy of Nightshade. I think he was impressed when I showed it to him. I think some guy ahead of me got him to sign the Japanese version. I also answered the secret question and got the prize too.

There's a new chapter coming soon via DLC -- details below: Valkyria Chronicles DLC Lets You Be The Evil Empire
[quote name='Siliconera']Sega has a second downloadable episode of Valkyria Chronicles scheduled to come out in Japan this October. The twist is you get to control Selvaria and invade Gallia, the small nation you’re trying to defend in the main storyline. Attack with Selvaria contains new story sequences, battles, voice acting, and a chance to unlock the Ruhm Selvaria’s custom gun.Crushing Gallia costs a bit more money. Sega will sell this episode for 800 yen ($7.50), 200 yen more ($1.80) than the first downloadable episode starring Edie.[/quote]

New video interview from IGN.

::Frothing demand increases::

Around the last minute of the video, a girl cosplaying in the same costume as the main characters appears and begins to play the demo. It's funny when she her jaw goes slack when she realizes what she's about to play.

I'm late to the party, do we have any details on this artbook? Size/length/hardcover?

Gstop says
All Customers: Art book is included with the game.
which I've never seen before. If they're not telling you you have to pick it up at the store, does this imply that it's packed in?

Also, what kind of art is shown?

I collect art books, but I'm primarily looking for production art books that show concept art.

The art book is a preorder bonus from GameStop. The "All customers" thing means that both the online pre-orders and the in-store preorders will get the book when they get the game. No one will get it early. I think the book is similar to the Wild Arms 5 artbook. It is apparently the exact same art book that they gave out in Japan. It looks like this
270199_bonusLG.jpg

There is a new trailer on the VC microsite. It is a character intro trailer introducing Alicia. It includes a sample of the English dub, so check it out if that concerns you!

[quote name='SeanNOLA']There is a new trailer on the VC microsite. It is a character intro trailer introducing Alicia. It includes a sample of the English dub, so check it out if that concerns you![/QUOTE]

the game has dual audio so it really shouldnt be a concern.

Just played through the tutorial and skirmish from the UK store demo - this is a definite pick-up in November! Beautiful graphics and music and a fun non-grid based movement system. The voice overs, although limited, were pretty good too.

just played the tutorial and the skirmish, have to say I am quite impressed, the graphics are beautiful, the music is great, and I liked the gameplay, I can see myself picking this up.

2 questions what are the potential things? I got like 3 of those little cutscenes and from all I could tell all it did was raise my stats.

Also is their any multiplayer? online?

[quote name='jdioutkast']just played the tutorial and the skirmish, have to say I am quite impressed, the graphics are beautiful, the music is great, and I liked the gameplay, I can see myself picking this up.

2 questions what are the potential things? I got like 3 of those little cutscenes and from all I could tell all it did was raise my stats.

Also is their any multiplayer? online?[/QUOTE]The game is a single player RPG.

Anyway, I just played the demo and it was very impressive. I already wanted this badly, but the demo is so good. The music/intro is very fantastic.

It should have DLC though, like the Japanese version right?
How much was it?

And I had no idea it had a few Skies of Arcadia characters making cameos, hehe.

I've been interested in this game since I first saw the screen shots. I glad to see I finally get a chance to play it!

The controlling-characters gameplay is unfortunately as awkward as I feared. You move them around, and then when you want to shoot you press the AIM button and time stops. You can aim without being shot at, and then the act of shooting isn't really user controlled, it is more like selecting a shoot command and having the game decide where within your aiming circle the shots will fall.
It is a little frustrating, but given the strategy theme of the game I entirely understand why they made that decision.

[quote name='SDC']The controlling-characters gameplay is unfortunately as awkward as I feared. You move them around, and then when you want to shoot you press the AIM button and time stops. You can aim without being shot at, and then the act of shooting isn't really user controlled, it is more like selecting a shoot command and having the game decide where within your aiming circle the shots will fall.
It is a little frustrating, but given the strategy theme of the game I entirely understand why they made that decision.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the system Fallout 3 is employing.

just finished the demo. loved it, but couldn't get over the demo act that the main character was the same guy from voltron. i kept expecting him to say ''form blazing sword'' every time i selected the tank.

Only had time to try the basic tutorial so far, but it was pretty fun. It felt sort of like FFT without a grid.

Also I didn't mind the English voices until they started with the goofy battlecries like "HEHNNHH" and "please hit!" :roll:

bread's done
Back