Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) $19.96 @ Walmart

The website tracker doesn't work.

I was just out there the other night and looked at a huge stack of games that "no store within 100 miles" had in stock. Just call.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Looks like most Walmarts sold out for $40.[/QUOTE]

Don't listen to this guy, he's an IDIOT!!! :roll:

Apparently Walmart's online inventory search is trash, as mine showed no VC available within 50 miles. I stopped by my local store, and whaddya know 2 in stock.

Great deal. I'd grab it but I already played the crap out of it and beat it a while ago. Anybody who's on the fence needs to pick this up.

[quote name='dcm1602']This would be INSANE if you found a best buy with it, then they could price match it and do bogo50% off.

Of course Best Buy usually crappies almost exclusively garbage games.[/QUOTE]

BB doesn't list it on their site and I went to two earlier this week and it wasn't in stock at either, so I'm betting it would be a rare find to see one at a BB.

[quote name='Survivalism']The website tracker doesn't work.

I was just out there the other night and looked at a huge stack of games that "no store within 100 miles" had in stock. Just call.[/QUOTE]

Very true. My store showed none online but had about 6 copies. And ignore the price if it shows at the store at $40. It scans as $20.

I decided to head to my closest Wal-Mart down the street even through the site said there was none in stock there. There were maybe four copies sitting in the display case. Pick up two.

Is this is a permanent price drop or a temporary sale ?

I was thinking of waiting for it to come back in stock online so I could use the 10$ egift card from MW2 to pick it up , but if the price is gonna shoot back up to 40 I dont wanna wait.

Anyone know ?

Got one here too! There are 2 copies left at the Irondale, AL Walmart. Also somewhat notable was Army of Two for 19.96.

Went to one of the Wal-marts that showed it in stock during my lunch break, picked up a copy, they had one left!

I also posted the deal on my site to help promote the game and the deal:

Check it out if you're interested. Thanks again to the OP for the great find :applause:

I also took a pic with my Blackberry, the game was actually on a shelf across the display case section:

Valkyria_Chronicles.jpg

Got my shampoo, a box of Cheerios, and Valkyria Chronicles - all in one store for under $30 :)

I called around and finally found a store with it in stock. Don't go by the online checker and just start calling all the stores till you find one.

Thanks OP. I'm going off of the word of mouth on this. I hope it is as good as you all say it is.

[quote name='hibbie']
Thanks OP. I'm going off of the word of mouth on this. I hope it is as good as you all say it is.[/QUOTE]

IMO, it's the best game of this generation in any genre. Others disagree I'm sure, but I really can't recommend it highly enough.

Just picked up a copy, it was marked $39.96 but rang up $19.96. This was at the Kirkwood Rd. Wal-Mart for you St. Louis CAGs; there looked to be 4 or 5 copies still left as of 1:30 pm.

Now I just need a PS3...

[quote name='Izod517']Got one here too! There are 2 copies left at the Irondale, AL Walmart. Also somewhat notable was Army of Two for 19.96.[/QUOTE]

Army of Two is 20$ everywhere.

And its cheaper online since you can usually find it tax free + free shipping + either bing cash back or ECA

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Just picked up a copy, it was marked $39.96 but rang up $19.96. This was at the Kirkwood Rd. Wal-Mart for you St. Louis CAGs; there looked to be 4 or 5 copies still left as of 1:30 pm.

Now I just need a PS3...[/QUOTE]Guess their inventory checker doesn't suck, since that matches what the Walmart.com website says.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I can't believe *I'M* asking this, but does it have trophies? :lol:[/QUOTE]

No. Is that even a factor? :/

I suggest to call and confirm the price. I went to one Walmart and it rang up at 39.96. So I went to another about 4 miles away from that one and it came up as 19.96. I'm lucky to have 4 Walmarts close to me. :bouncy:

[quote name='withered']I suggest to call and confirm the price. I went to one Walmart and it rang up at 39.96. So I went to another about 4 miles away from that one and it came up as 19.96. I'm lucky to have 4 Walmarts close to me. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure you coulda just showed them their website.

Especially since you can do instore pickup from their websites.

Or hell you could have them price match the other walmarts selling it for 19.99 lol

[quote name='shrike4242']Guess their inventory checker doesn't suck, since that matches what the Walmart.com website says.[/QUOTE]

The inventory checker claimed I only had a single Wal Mart within 100 miles of me, so at least for me it was totally broken :lol: I think I'm just going to stop by after work. (Really should have checked Best Buy this week, but oh well.)

[quote name='DarkSageRK']No. Is that even a factor? :/[/QUOTE]

See this is why I can't believe *I* asked that. I started neutral on achievements, then started actively hating them when I saw people buying/playing/renting games solely for achievements (and then got pissed you couldn't delete any game you wanted off there).

And then I don't know what happened, but in the last few months I've kind of gotten in to it. I don't really go out of my way for anything extra (unless it's sort of fun or easy), but I'm kind of enjoying wracking them up-and wish I had the 3000ish points from other profiles!

[quote name='shrike4242']Guess their inventory checker doesn't suck, since that matches what the Walmart.com website says.[/QUOTE]

i dunno shrike, I just checked their closest available and it still says the same store which is 23 miles away from me even though the one closest to me had 4 copies unless there is a different inventory checker compared to closest store available.

I just got back from my locale wallmart which was 4-6 miles away from me, and they had it. I called them before but they didn't have any in stock at the time..and this was about an hour ago. But I decided what the hey, Ill just check to see if its there. maybe the employee didnt hear me right about the game. So i went and I saw 4 copies there in the case. The employee recognized that i was the caller and he said that even if you call at the time, it might not be on the floor. But an hour later it could appear on the floor meaning they didn't get around to putting the item out yet.

So dont call, just go. Its basically a rolling inventory where they stock stuff every hour.

I went to my Walmart about a half a mile away and it was still $39.96. I even had the cashier ring it up to make sure. Booo. I'll check back in a few days.

Inventory system seems to be either behind, or very lacking. I called around and the third Walmart had several copies, so don't rely on the system, just play it safe and call.

[quote name='Wolfpup']The inventory checker claimed I only had a single Wal Mart within 100 miles of me, so at least for me it was totally broken :lol: I think I'm just going to stop by after work. (Really should have checked Best Buy this week, but oh well.)[/QUOTE]Whoops. Maybe their zip code lookup for your zip code is broken, though when I put in my zip code, it came up with a number of stores nearby, and the one mentioned above is about 5 miles from my house. So, for me, yes, it's working OK.

[quote name='integralsmatic']i dunno shrike, I just checked their closest available and it still says the same store which is 23 miles away from me even though the one closest to me had 4 copies unless there is a different inventory checker compared to closest store available.

I just got back from my locale wallmart which was 4-6 miles away from me, and they had it. I called them before but they didn't have any in stock at the time..and this was about an hour ago. But I decided what the hey, Ill just check to see if its there. maybe the employee didnt hear me right about the game. So i went and I saw 4 copies there in the case. The employee recognized that i was the caller and he said that even if you call at the time, it might not be on the floor. But an hour later it could appear on the floor meaning they didn't get around to putting the item out yet.

So dont call, just go. Its basically a rolling inventory where they stock stuff every hour.[/QUOTE]I know Best Buy's inventory checker for in-store pickups marks items as not being available for in-store pickup when there's 0 - 2 items on-hand. Maybe Walmart's cuts off at 0 - 4 items on-hand, which is how you found it when the website said it wasn't in-stock.

Damned if I know, though with the inventory amounts that Walmart deals with on a daily basis, I'd like to think they had their inventory control under wraps.

My walmart is also 39.96 and they state clearly on the site that instore prices and online may not match and they won't price match it if it doesn't.

[quote name='shrike4242']Whoops. Maybe their zip code lookup for your zip code is broken, though when I put in my zip code, it came up with a number of stores nearby, and the one mentioned above is about 5 miles from my house. So, for me, yes, it's working OK.
[/QUOTE]

Could just be a deal where some of the individual stores aren't uploading inventory changes like they're supposed to.

great deal, i been waiting for this. but closest one with stock according to the online checker is 15 miles from me :(

checked 2 walmart's none in stock, that was a waste of time, if anyone has an extra copy, I'm willing to trade or pay let me know

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Could just be a deal where some of the individual stores aren't uploading inventory changes like they're supposed to.[/QUOTE]I'd like to hope that WM.com can get that info in some sense of real time, otherwise it makes the inventory checker a bit less than useful. :whistle2:s

Checked the Richmond Hwy, Alexandria, VA store - no dice. Totally sleazy, disorganized store... anyway, I'm not surprised. I've never seen this game in any stores where I usually shop (Target, Best Buy, K-Mart) so I'm hesitant to waste any more time looking for it.

[quote name='rlee17']great deal, i been waiting for this. but closest one with stock according to the online checker is 15 miles from me :([/QUOTE]

Don't trust their stock checker at all. I've found it to be highly unreliable. This is one situation where I think it's ok to call and ask.

Good price on the game, picked it up for about 20 used at gamestop a few months back, I will say I did not finish it, after 3-4 hours playing I really hated the game. Maybe I will try it again sometime and see if it grows on me.

[quote name='WormFOODx']I would get one but my TV only supports 480p and 1080i. Sadly, this game does not.[/QUOTE]

My TV is a rear projection and only does 1080i, but I played it just fine.

Wow alright Wal Mart in Phoenix Az on tatium and bell has 5 left.

I met a cag named John here and we couldn't find them at first. He left but I asked someone and it turned out they had them in the back.

Also amazing clereance section here. hundreds of 10 games. If your in the area come check it out.

Anyone willing to help out a Canadian with a copy? Will pay for shipping (of course). :)

I have a few PS2/GC/Wii games I may trade as well.

anyone here who was going to pick it up at the fontana walmart? i stole a copy from someone there haha, apprently someone called and was heading over to pick it up but i had got there first and someone else called to see if they had it while iwas there

bread's done
Back