Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) $19.96 @ Walmart

I wouldn't go by their store stock link on their website. My local one had it and it wasn't even listed on the Website.

There is a ton of them at the Super Walmart at Goldenrod and Hofner in Orlando, FL. They were in the case and had the usual $39.99 sticker price under them. They would probably scan $19.99 however.

I didn't even pick one up! I'll probably not play it til next year so I can wait for other stores to eventually drop it in price, heck I could end up finding it cheaper than $20 :cool:

You'll more than likely discover that stores no longer carry the game by the time you look for it. Passing up a $20 opportunity is just silly.

[quote name='ZCG']You'll more than likely discover that stores no longer carry the game by the time you look for it. Passing up a $20 opportunity is just silly.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. At $39.99, it was already hard to find a copy in certain areas. It means there are still demand for the game while supply is dwindling. I hear the game's no longer in production.

[quote name='ruibing']My TV is a rear projection and only does 1080i, but I played it just fine.[/QUOTE]

Thank you dear sir. I tried the demo and agreed it was indeed playable. I went to Walmart and not only got a copy....

..... I found out the Walmart by me had the Sims cash $10 cards on clearance for $4!!!!!

I bought enough Sims cards to preorder Mass Effect 2 and Brutal Legend AND got Valkyria Crhonicles! All for the price of $70!!!!

THANK YOU OP! YOU MADE MY DAY!

(Oh and I can provide pics for those that don't believe.)

the walmart at almeda (houston,tx) still has 2 copies. it is tagged at 39.99, but it rings 19.99. just thought it give u guys a heads up

Im starting to strongly doubt this game has been discontinued.

First off I cant find ANYTHING anywhere about it being discontinued (Amazon usually list when games are discontinued)

And secondly Sega just announced this week, that a reasonable amount of DLC will be added for the game in the upcoming year.

Now the only question left is when or if walmart plans on ordering more

I was lucky enough to get the last copy at the Tinley Park, IL store for $20, there was a decent amount of other games on supersale as well, so I might start checking Walmart for deals in the future more often!

This game I've seen sell for $35 on ebay before you can easily recoup most of your money back after you complete the game.

this game is awesome, i had tried the demo and didnt like it because i didnt really get the fighting system, now that i do it rocks.... worth every penny out of those $20

Well, stopped at the local Walmart, they didn't have it, they were telling the truth and so was the site :eek:

All the prices on the games were mostly MSRP, I thought Walmart had good deals lol?

The locator stated that the closet store that have VC in stock was over 30 miles away, I went to my local Wal-Mart today about ten minutes away and they had 2 copies left.

I grabbed one and they had a copy of Singstar on the PS3 with mics for $20 also, so I grabbed that also.

Now I need to return my opened copy back to TRU.

[quote name='Be3fJerky']

All the prices on the games were mostly MSRP, I thought Walmart had good deals lol?[/QUOTE]

No, Walmart's pretty much the most expensive there is. There was actually a study done on that a couple years back showing Walmart's game prices were higher than anyone else's in the U.S. (At least among whatever they were tracking, Toys R Us, Gamestop, Target, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.)

They're the last place you want to go unless there's some specific deal.

Here to report after work I headed to the Walmart on 163 rd North Miami Beach, Fl. There are a lot of VC left (well 5-6 after getting mine) ;)

[quote name='flix1']Picked one up at the Crystal Lake, IL store this afternoon. There were 2 left.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip man. :applause: I went to 5 different Walmarts yesterday and I only found one that had it. It was in Lake Zurich and those fuckers still had it at $40 and said they do not match prices of their own website. That is such a fucking stupid policy.

Nabbed the last one in Chamblee, GA - said limited stock and almost came out empty handed. I had to dig for it. It was behind a ton of PS2 clearance games in the rack. I thought I saw a glimmer of the game and popped the rest of them out to find it all the way back. Horrible organization but I'm glad I dug deep.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Thank you dear sir. I tried the demo and agreed it was indeed playable. I went to Walmart and not only got a copy....

..... I found out the Walmart by me had the Sims cash $10 cards on clearance for $4!!!!!

I bought enough Sims cards to preorder Mass Effect 2 and Brutal Legend AND got Valkyria Crhonicles! All for the price of $70!!!!

THANK YOU OP! YOU MADE MY DAY!

(Oh and I can provide pics for those that don't believe.)[/QUOTE]

Mine had that deal as well but those 10$ cards are only good for the Sims 2 correct?

Tried the last 2 days to get this game. Electrionics has been closed due to "excessive floor wax" - good news- if they have a copy- no one else can buy it either.

Thanks Op! I picked one up this morning at the Green Mount Super W. in Shiloh, Il (St. Louis area) There was one left. Good luck.

:D

All the Walmarts near me are out, I thought I might be able to PM to the website at Bestbuy, but they don't carry it either. Guess I'm still waiting...

picked 1 up in Madisonville, KY while on the way back from the in-laws - there are 3 copies still left there.

None at the Westside Evansville or Newburgh locations.

Man I should have waited. I bought it for $40 earlier this year when I thought that was a steal but never had time to even play it

[quote name='Havok83']Man I should have waited. I bought it for $40 earlier this year when I thought that was a steal but never had time to even play it[/QUOTE]
Same here.

No go at my wal-mart in West City Illinois. Gonna try Marion, Carbondale tomorrow. Also, Sim cards were present but rang up at full retail price.

Just posting the Chesterfield, VA Walmarts have a few copies left at each store, the price in the display case is still $39.99 but as soon as they scan the game at the register it will be $19.99. Great find and great game! Thanks OP!

I was able to snag and extra one from the store today on the way home from work. I will put it up for trade with someone, I'm looking for similar RPG's for the PS3 ( Cross Edge, Disgaea 3 , Eternal Sonata) or such game as Prototype / Call of Juarez / Red Faction or Singstar w/mics . Unfortunately I don't do paypal or money orders, but I would be willing to do a Goozex trade. PM with offers, I'll try and get back to you within a day.

I have 2 for trade. Both sealed. Want Batman AA ps3 and Call of Juarez Bound in Blood ps3 new or opened but complete and in good shape. You ship first unless excellent cag feedback. I have excellent ebay feedback for anyone interested.

[quote name='anvilfactory']Wow. I don't own a PS3, but if I did, I'd want to play this game. I feel tempted to purchase this... Thanks, OP.[/QUOTE]

I bought the PS3 just to play this game; I bought a Saturn years ago just to play Panzer Dragoon Saga, too.

Absolutely worth it if you love the style of game, the art, the music, and on and on. My wife, who isn't a huge fan of games, sat through the first hour or so with me and said, "Now I understand why people play games."

:)

[quote name='agentorange14']I have 2 for trade. Both sealed. Want Batman AA ps3 and Call of Juarez Bound in Blood ps3 new or opened but complete and in good shape. You ship first unless excellent cag feedback. I have excellent ebay feedback for anyone interested.[/QUOTE]

So you want to trade a $20 game for a $60 game in Batman? Its not like ppl can't order VC for like $40 on Amazon...

I picked up an extra, but it sounds like the disc is floating around inside the case. If you're not worried about scratches or if you want to buy it somewhere else locally and return this sealed floater, I'd sell it for $26 shipped (no-fee paypal/check/money order). If no one PMs I'm going to return it tonight...

EDIT : gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kylearan']I bought the PS3 just to play this game; I bought a Saturn years ago just to play Panzer Dragoon Saga, too.

Absolutely worth it if you love the style of game, the art, the music, and on and on. My wife, who isn't a huge fan of games, sat through the first hour or so with me and said, "Now I understand why people play games."

:)[/QUOTE]

Cool!

Well, I played it last night until 3am (didn't mean to, but...)

Like the demo, it's really good so far. I'm still iffy on whether it's going to get way too hard at some point, but so far it's a ton of fun. I am *NOT* a huge fan of Japanese RPGs anymore, given I can't stand the majority of them (apparently), but this is so well crafted. I kind of thumbed through the manual, but it does a good job of teaching you how to play, so I don't think it even needs it really.

And so far it's just the right mix of complexity and ease of play, that's so hard for Japanese RPGs to achieve for some reason. Such a fresh take on the genre, and so well executed.

I'm wondering how the sequel will play/run on the PSP.

[quote name='tomwaits1']I picked up an extra, but it sounds like the disc is floating around inside the case. If you're not worried about scratches or if you want to buy it somewhere else locally and return this sealed floater, I'd sell it for $26 shipped (no-fee paypal/check/money order). If no one PMs I'm going to return it tonight...[/QUOTE]

If you're wanting it yourself it *MIGHT* still be okay since Blu Rays have that anti-scratch coating. Hate when that happens though :(

bread's done
Back