Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) $19.96 @ Walmart

[quote name='bigdbo622']I went out to the Sterling, VA store last night around 7:30pm and snagged the last copies. I almost didn't even see them and was about to leave when I told myself to check one last time. Glad I did.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I was gonna go today to pick up a copy.

Found 0 at Greenfield, WI and New Berlin, WI stores.

Any Milwaukee CAGs seen any extras?

[quote name='bigdbo622']Where in Virginia?[/QUOTE]
Specifically off of taylor road but the search says 1687 1200 North Main Suffolk, VA 23434 has some. Sorry for not replying sooner.

Checked the Walmart near me and they were out (true to the website), so I went to the only one in town that was supposed to have some and got one of the last 3 copies.

[quote name='jer7583']Found 0 at Greenfield, WI and New Berlin, WI stores.

Any Milwaukee CAGs seen any extras?[/QUOTE]

I was at the one on west Hope Ave today getting some other stuff and saw a couple copies. I already have VC so I didn't bother buying any copies that were there.

Hmmm. The Walmart next to me seems to have a couple copies. I can pick up a couple and sell them for the regular price plus shipping if a couple of you are interested. This is a very good game.

Found another half dozen of these and Stormrise at the same price. There was only 1 left last time I was in there.. Maybe they were thown into my stores 30 dollar bin *shrug*

[quote name='penetrode']oops ...should of done a search...

my apologies...lock it up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for trying to help, though. Great game, great price.

Also, awesome avatar pic. One of my favorite games of all time.

anyone tried to pricematch at best buy or anywhere else? website is showing limited stock at a store that's like 20 miles away, would rather go to the bb that's only 5.

...erm, looks like bb might not even carry it anymore. this game is pretty slim pickins

Is this gonna be one of those games that going to be like $80 bucks on Ebay in a few years cause no one can find a copy?

Sorry if someone mentioned this already but, wal-mart sells pre-owned copies of this at 34.96? Sells new ones at $20- strange.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dgwillia006']Is it still easy to find them? I was thinking of nabbing one before the new PSP one comes out, since i never beat the first one[/QUOTE]

It all depends on where you are. I have been unable to find a local Wal-mart with the title in stock, and I'm from Los Angeles.

I got one the other day, finally X_x stupid store locator had me worried that there would be no copies left in my store >> surprisingly enough though they weren't in the case like the other games. they were in like this shelf with all the other reduced price games or something. anyways my store didn't have all too many left, maybe like 1~2 copies. =/

Store locator was accurate at the Bowie MD store. Picked one up and they had two left. Definitely good price, bb had it on clearance for $30 bucks awhile back, but sold out. Thought I missed out on this game, thanks OP

Its a great game, I have to finish it sometime. I got off on some other games but was pretty close to finishing it. wish it had some trophies.

This game will get neither rare nor valuable. Ignoring for a moment that it can be reprinted/reissued, Sega games dont get rare anymore, and neither do PS3 games in general.

Its also widely available new at ~$40 at Gamestop.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']
Its also widely available new at ~$40 at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

I would have to disagree at the phrase "widely available".

I have personally called multiple(reads 5-6) GameStops around my local area and only ONE of them has it in stock -- and it was the last display copy. Some GS clerk even chuckled a bit when asked to check for its availability. Some shared that they know what I'm talking about and have been receiving calls on it, but they have not seen it at their stores in months.

A bit derailed there, but at 19.99, it's almost too good. :D

I have 3 copies available, first 3 to PM me gets them. $25 each (extra $5 is for shipping, handling, gas)

All Gone

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nathangerrard']i have 3 copies available, first 3 to pm me gets them. $25 each (extra $5 is for shipping, handling, gas)[/quote]

ygpm

if i remember correctly, only 30k were pressed. which makes it pretty rare, long term. could be wrong, but that's what i remember.

The WM I went to tonight in Colonial Heights,VA had another like 5 copies after I left and it was not properly marked down so I doubt they will go anywhere.

I know this is a lot to ask for, but I would greatly appreciate it if someone picked up a copy for me. I know its a lot of work, but I'll pay for shipping. Just picked up a PS3, one of the main reasons for this game.

Thanks.

[quote name='gomikeoh']I know this is a lot to ask for, but I would greatly appreciate it if someone picked up a copy for me. I know its a lot of work, but I'll pay for shipping. Just picked up a PS3, one of the main reasons for this game.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Why not PM the guy from a page earlier. He is offering to ship it for $25 which he included gas and I don't know how he does it.

Game + tax = $21.20ish (depending on tax rate)
shipping w/DC = $2.70
padded envelope = $1
gas = ?

I would pm him and take his offer.

[quote name='wasabi5858']Why not PM the guy from a page earlier. He is offering to ship it for $25 which he included gas and I don't know how he does it.

Game + tax = $21.20ish (depending on tax rate)
shipping w/DC = $2.70
padded envelope = $1
gas = ?

I would pm him and take his offer.[/QUOTE]

If the Walmart is close to him it can easily be less than a dollar for gas. Sadly the one I went to was like 20-25 miles away and I can't make that trip often or I would be happy to pick them up for others. If I am near another Walmart anytime soon I will be happy to check for people, but this is one that I will not go out of my way for since the time and gas just will not be worth the minimum I could ask back for on here.

I did/doing it for 2 CAG for cost (game + shipping + padded envelope +tax), but really, it is just not worth it, the time and gas to WM and PO just kill my enthusiasm.

I had forgotten how much I hate going to the post office.

[quote name='wasabi5858']I did/doing it for 2 CAG for cost (game + shipping + padded envelope +tax), but really, it is just not worth it, the time and gas to WM and PO just kill my enthusiasm.

I had forgotten how much I hate going to the post office.[/QUOTE]

Greatly appreciate you picking up a copy for my wasabi :applause:. I hate the post office as well, so I have been using paypal shipping as of late for all my trades. Save money w/DC and never have to deal with infinite lines at the post office.

[quote name='younglinker']Greatly appreciate you picking up a copy for my wasabi :applause:. I hate the post office as well, so I have been using paypal shipping as of late for all my trades. Save money w/DC and never have to deal with infinite lines at the post office.[/QUOTE]

GUess I have to figure that out now hehe. I don't trade etc, so all that is new to me. I guess you will be my experiment :)

12 hours ago walmarts website stated there where 3 stores within 100 miles that had the game. Now, it only show 1 store and it reads : Out Of Stock.- Looks like a big NoGo for me... :(

Just check your nearest store. Mine had one in stock, and it had claimed only one store within 100 miles had one.

I'm actually about to start playing it again right now. I almost got really frustrated with maybe the 4th mission? These time limits on the missions stink. But I *just* barely did it (with one Shocktropper on the last turn). Didn't have a problem with the 5th mission, and I'll be starting the sixth soon (going to do a training mission, and spend my cash, etc., first).

Forgot to mention-I still feel like this is one of Sega's standout games in years, and one of the best Playstation exclusives (and one of the few standout current gen Japanese RPGs). It feels like something Sega would have made back on the Saturn or something, which I completely mean as a complement.

Hope it sold better than what some suggested! And I wish Sega hadn't canned the Aliens RPG. THAT could have been cool...I mean I'm not opposed to an Aliens FPS, but an RPG sounds more original/fun with that license (never played an FPS with aliens before :lol: although I'll take that any day over a generic military one).

Hope this, and stuff like VF 4 and 5 are the signs of a slowly recovering Sega. I'd really like them back!

[quote name='MrEKO73']12 hours ago walmarts website stated there where 3 stores within 100 miles that had the game. Now, it only show 1 store and it reads : Out Of Stock.- Looks like a big NoGo for me... :([/QUOTE]

You should go yourself. I visited 2 different walmarts that said out of stock near me and both had 2-4 copies each.

[quote name='danh920']in stock online atm[/QUOTE]

Wow, thank you very much. I think I was able to snag one. First time I tried to check out it told me OOS. Tried again 1 minute later and I think it worked.

~$25 shipped to a CA home.

Yeah, was just about to post that it was in-stock online, too bad they don't offer free site-to-store, but still for $24 its not a bad deal.

bread's done
Back