Vinatge stereos and vinyl?

Went to the crazy record sale this weekend. Everything is half off. After drooling over all the insanely awesome MFSL records I picked up these few items. So much cool stuff there. 50+ Joy Division recordings. Probably that much R.E.M. I've never seen that many YES recordings in one place before. I'm excited about the King Crimson I picked up - great condition and price for
Liked for King Crimson. I need to get a vinyl copy of in the court of the Crimson king

Last edited by a moderator:
They had the MoFi copy of that - $50 after half off - probably could have talked her down from that even. I wanted it (already have a regular copy though.) Along with about everything else there. A local record store owner is coming in at 5 tomorrow to buy what is left.

Yeah my wife is interested in the Garden State OST and the High Fidelity OST. I'd buy the Ween The Pod and the Circles Around The Sun if I see them. Problem is I'm not sure where we are going to be on that day. If we are at her parents there is only one tiny record store that participates. We happened to be there for RSD this year and they didn't get a bunch of stuff...

What I'm doing this morning.

[attachment=17968:IMG_1587.JPG]

First time cleaning. The vac has a special end with a slit and some felt. A guy on youtube describes the setup. Seems to work good but I haven't actually play tested any of the records yet.

Picked this up at the thrift sore last night - dizzouble dizzutch!

[attachment=18082:IMG_1598.JPG]

Along with John B. Sebastian lp and Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene

Also got a couple records from Amazon this week: Damien Jurado - Where Shall You Take Me? and Elel ep.

Been putting records in my discogs account for the past week or so and finally got them all entered. I have more than I thought I did - 370! They add up quick when they are cheap.

Dude, Jean Michel Jarre - one of my all-time favorites! I have about 20 concert video DVDs or Blu-rays of his, and most of his CD albums. I'm not sure about my LPs of his; I have about the first 5 or 6 albums on LP, but they're packed away right now.  Jarre, Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk... 

Yeah my wife is interested in the Garden State OST and the High Fidelity OST. I'd buy the Ween The Pod and the Circles Around The Sun if I see them. Problem is I'm not sure where we are going to be on that day. If we are at her parents there is only one tiny record store that participates. We happened to be there for RSD this year and they didn't get a bunch of stuff...
You can get those OST's pretty much anywhere.

Dude, Jean Michel Jarre - one of my all-time favorites! I have about 20 concert video DVDs or Blu-rays of his, and most of his CD albums. I'm not sure about my LPs of his; I have about the first 5 or 6 albums on LP, but they're packed away right now. Jarre, Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk...
Well - I must admit I really only Know him by name. I haven't listened to the album yet but I am curious. I do have a single Kraftwerk lp as well. I regret not picked up the other 2 at that sale a while back but oh well...

You can get those OST's pretty much anywhere.
Do you mean I can get them anywhere right now? Or I will be able to get them anywhere on RSD Black Friday? You know I am talking about vinyl records right?

The High Fidelity OST has been out of print since like 2000 and is pretty rare/pricey. This is the 15 year reissue (also on colored vinyl.) That Garden State can be had new on black vinyl right now but the RSD black friday is colored vinyl. Not something me or my wife care about at all but if we are gonna get that OST I suppose we might as well get the cool colored vinyl.

Well - I must admit I really only Know him by name. I haven't listened to the album yet but I am curious. I do have a single Kraftwerk lp as well. I regret not picked up the other 2 at that sale a while back but oh well...
So have you listened to the Jean Michel Jarre album yet? If you like the electronica, check out this outdoor concert of his from 2011 in Monaco, to celebrate the marriage of the Prince and Princess of Monaco. The stage is in a harbor, and has some great fireworks and light show to go with the music... and don't forget his infamous Laser Harp, first time at 27:50, and the Theremin, at 58:50... Plus he does perform on some of his very old analog equipment, that's an extra treat. Put this up on a big screen TV in HD and crank the audio!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bhrvDE5SVE

bread's done
Back