Virtua Fighter 5 PS3 $27.99

Thanks! I've been wanting Virtua Fighter 5, and missed out on that Target thing. I don't actually have a Playstation 3 yet, but probably when the new 80GB model comes out in a few months...

-no online
-no online
-no online
-no online
-no online
-no online

= still too much. Unless they magically add online to this title I doubt I'll ever get it.

too expensive. Never pay more than twenty bucks for fighting games unless it's marvel vs capcom 2. VF's always drop in price. It'll be ten bucks next year.

[quote name='daminion']-no online
-no online
-no online
-no online
-no online
-no online

= still too much. Unless they magically add online to this title I doubt I'll ever get it.[/quote]
They won't. For some dumbass reason, Sega didn't implement a patch feature into their game, even though freaking PS3 launch titles, like Resistance, did. So there is no feasible way for Sega to introduce online to the PS3 version.

[quote name='sparklecopy']too expensive. Never pay more than twenty bucks for fighting games unless it's marvel vs capcom 2. VF's always drop in price. It'll be ten bucks next year.[/quote]

It will be dirt cheap in '09, but there's a good chance VF5:R will be out at a VF4: Evo price point.

http://virtuafighter.com/

Yes it's speculation, but this might bring online if it comes to the PS3.

It's also cheap at buy.com, not sure the exact price. I was looking for something to add to SSBM to try and get the $20 off $80 sale and saw it, but I was looking for the 360 version. So, this game might be getting close to a universal drop.

[quote name='Fifth Ocean']It will be dirt cheap in '09, but there's a good chance VF5:R will be out at a VF4: Evo price point.

http://virtuafighter.com/

Yes it's speculation, but this might bring online if it comes to the PS3.[/quote]

And that's exactly why I probably won't be getting this version anytime soon. I bought the regular edition of VF4 for $20 just a few months before they announced VF4: Evo, so that has always left a bad taste in my mouth. I gladly would have waited a few months in order to get all the extras in Evo for the same price I paid for the regular edition, but it definitely wasn't worth buying it again for a second time.

Got VF5 from the PlayAsia sale for $18.99. It's definitely worth it, even at $27.99. Online mode doesn't really matter much when you factor in the inevitable lag for fast paced fighting games, so I'm happy with the ps3 version. But it is the older Version B, while the 360 has the Version C revision so that sorta sucks.

bread's done
Back