Vita cases...

[quote name='TheRock88']Just wondering but how much is it for the full body protection? Also did you install it yourself or did you pay the guy to do it for you and if so, how much extra was it?

I keep trying to call the closest kiosk at my mall but the guys there never pick up the phone.[/QUOTE]

Best Skins Ever is a similar product and you can get full body protection right now for about $12 (After automatic discount and includes $2 for s/h). They don't have any mall kiosks so it would be a self install.

http://www.bestskinsever.com/sony-playstation-vita-skin

[quote name='jedolley']Best Skins Ever is a similar product and you can get full body protection right now for about $12 (After automatic discount and includes $2 for s/h). They don't have any mall kiosks so it would be a self install.

http://www.bestskinsever.com/sony-playstation-vita-skin[/QUOTE]

My brother tried that for his DSi when it came out and the end result was pretty bad. We now just rather pay someone to do it. Already had them install Ghost Armors on my iPod Touch, iPad, and HP Touchpad so just wondering how much it would be for a Vita.

[quote name='TheRock88']My brother tried that for his DSi when it came out and the end result was pretty bad. We now just rather pay someone to do it. Already had them install Ghost Armors on my iPod Touch, iPad, and HP Touchpad so just wondering how much it would be for a Vita.[/QUOTE]

I install these types of skins myself, but I can understand wanting pay to have it done. From what I understand about the Kiosks is that the prices may differ. You may have the call the one closest to you for a quote. I assume it will be the cost of the film (about $25 for full coverage) and probably another $10-$20 for installation.

Ghost Amour is garbage for the price you pay, you guys might want to try invisible shield or icarbons. IMHO though it's a shame to wrap the beautiful OLED screen so I usually only do the back and get a case that covers the front.

[quote name='TheRock88']Just wondering but how much is it for the full body protection? Also did you install it yourself or did you pay the guy to do it for you and if so, how much extra was it?

I keep trying to call the closest kiosk at my mall but the guys there never pick up the phone.[/QUOTE]
It was $24 with free install. Looks fine, clear as day and don't notice it at all.

[quote name='iamthekiller']Damn.. the VIP thrustmaster was supposed to be released on 2/27 but amazon went directly to "out of stock" on it:

Thrustmaster VG V.I.P. Case for PlayStation Vita by Thrustmaster VG
Permalink: http://amzn.com/B007B64PNE[/QUOTE]

I just got an email about it saying it they are still trying to obtain it and I have to reapprove my order if I want to wait it out :(

I did however get my hori screen protector yesterday and it went on perfect. However the PDP trigger grips press on top edge of the protector and will mess up the protector if left on. So i will be returning the grips.

Got the PDP Pull N Go Folio and Hori Face Cover. I like the outside of the Pull N Go, looks pretty cool.

The Vita with the Hori Face Cover will just barely fit in the smaller pull out case of the pull n go. It fits but it's then hard to velcro the case closed.

Got my Hori Face Cover from Amazon today, and the whole system still fits into the Sony Travel Pouch. The system fits easily by itself (including the face cover), but if you want to put the AC adapter and its two cords into the other half of the Travel Pouch, its a bit tight. It does fit, but it is fairly tight and not super easy to zip the pouch closed.

The Hori Face Cover is very nice, allows access to all the buttons and card ports while attached, and protects the face of the unit while it is closed. It isn't going to offer heavy protection from dropping the Vita though; its mainly just to protect the face and edges of the Vita, especially when you have the system in another, larger case or pouch.

The only thing I wish they offered was a separate panel to pop onto the back of the cover, to protect the rear touch panel. Otherwise its a very nice shell for the Vita.

Aynone one used Madzcat Armor GameCase?

Mad-Catz-Armor-Case-PlayStation-Vita-9857656-5.jpeg

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/accessories/ps-vita-armor-gamecase/98467

Holy crap! I just got the Hori full front screen protector. EXTREMELY easy to install and it looks great. It's a little...sticky, but not sticky. Just a *slight* bit more resistance when touching the screen. I actually like it better than the regular non-protector surface. Easily the best money I've spent on this thing so far :)

[quote name='SynGamer']Holy crap! I just got the Hori full front screen protector. EXTREMELY easy to install and it looks great. It's a little...sticky, but not sticky. Just a *slight* bit more resistance when touching the screen. I actually like it better than the regular non-protector surface. Easily the best money I've spent on this thing so far :)[/QUOTE]

You should check out the Hori Face Cover too, great protection and looks fantastic:

http://www.amazon.com/HORI-PS-Vita-...6YGW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330563009&sr=8-1

[quote name='IanKazimer']Ended up going with the PDP Crystal Case. I tend to carry these things in my messenger bag with my tablet, so I opt for hard cases over anything that'll fit in my pocket.

I dig being able to swap in art too. Threw together a quick Bonne family crest for mine to commemorate the many lunches I'll be spending getting good with Tron again in UMvC3.

6936699921_7a70ec40b2_b.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I picked that up myself today and it's actually not that bad, fits right in my pocket, which is what I wanted. Reminds me of the PSP one that I picked up.

Now, I just wish I was capable enough to make a good piece of art I can stick in there. :p

[quote name='SynGamer']Holy crap! I just got the Hori full front screen protector. EXTREMELY easy to install and it looks great. It's a little...sticky, but not sticky. Just a *slight* bit more resistance when touching the screen. I actually like it better than the regular non-protector surface. Easily the best money I've spent on this thing so far :)[/QUOTE]

Put mine on tonight as well and it is really nice and was pretty easy to do. Seems like screen protectors have come a long way since the psp. Highly recommended. Also I am still digging the Nerf armor, nice cushioned heft to the back of the system and I like me some rear cushioned heft.

Really looking forward to what Logitech comes up with for the Vita. I'm surprised that they haven't said anything yet.

[quote name='Maynard']Really looking forward to what Logitech comes up with for the Vita. I'm surprised that they haven't said anything yet.[/QUOTE]

I think Logitech is done with video game accessories. They havent make anything in years.

So... with all these talks of game cases... what are you guys buying as screen protectors? I bought the Sony screen protectors and I like it a lot. It's just a rectangle hard plastic piece that sticks to your screen. Not the wet apply kind. Though it doesn't have a matching piece to protect the touch panel on the back.

What are the good choices for the dry/hard clear protector for the rear touch panel?

I personally prefer the hard plastic clear protector piece over the rubbery wet install type simply because the rubbery is... well rubbery with friction.

[quote name='XClaude']So... with all these talks of game cases... what are you guys buying as screen protectors? I bought the Sony screen protectors and I like it a lot. It's just a rectangle hard plastic piece that sticks to your screen. Not the wet apply kind. Though it doesn't have a matching piece to protect the touch panel on the back.

What are the good choices for the dry/hard clear protector for the rear touch panel?

I personally prefer the hard plastic clear protector piece over the rubbery wet install type simply because the rubbery is... well rubbery with friction.[/QUOTE]

I bought the Hori full front screen protector. It's amazing.

http://www.amazon.com/PS-Vita-Screen-Protective-Filter-Sony/dp/B006VE40JQ/ref=pd_sim_vg_1

I'm trying to find a rear protector for the touchpad.

[quote name='iamthekiller']The first edition case looks really nice.. I can't justify the first edition price though. Most other cases look cheesy or ugly.

It'd be nice if a playgear pocket case comes out for vita. It was my favorite for the original psp.[/QUOTE]

You've got a point there.
9.gif

Anyone had success with getting the Hori hard case to, uh, stop smelling? It's not a hugely offensive odor (smells a bit like dirt), but I'm not totally comfortable leaving my Vita in the case for too long.

It's a shame, I really do like the case... but I might need to shit-can it if I can't make a bit less, ahem, stinky.

[quote name='007']Anyone had success with getting the Hori hard case to, uh, stop smelling? It's not a hugely offensive odor (smells a bit like dirt), but I'm not totally comfortable leaving my Vita in the case for too long.

It's a shame, I really do like the case... but I might need to shit-can it if I can't make a bit less, ahem, stinky.[/QUOTE]

Wrap it in newspaper for a day. The charcoal from the print will absorb the odors. If it still smells, wrap it for a longer duration.

Essentially, Charcoal can take mostly any odor out of things.

/life hacks

[quote name='Maynard']I love the Pull and Go, even though I hate paying list price for accessories that cost $10.

I'm thinking about getting Ghost Armor on my Vita.

http://www.ghost-armor.com/Sony/765.html[/QUOTE]

I did this. I love ghost armor. There is a kiosk at the local mall and they do a great job putting it on without bubbles or lint. Kind of expensive, but I think it is worth it so I don't have to screw with putting it on cleanly. I have them on my iphones, ipads, 3DS and now Vita. The best part is that they will replace for the price of installation for the life of the unit. Will replace anytime you want.

Smaller items like DS, iphone and vita are $15 for protector and $5 to install. They will then replace for life at $5 a pop.

iPads are a little more.

[quote name='Tetsugen']Ghost Amour is garbage for the price you pay, you guys might want to try invisible shield or icarbons. IMHO though it's a shame to wrap the beautiful OLED screen so I usually only do the back and get a case that covers the front.[/QUOTE]

Could not possibly disagree more. I have ZAGG invisible shield on one iPad and Ghost Armor on the others and it isn't even comparable. The invisible shield has all kinds of scratches on it, has a bumpy orange peel look to it and is very tacky (sticky) on the touch screen. The Ghost Armor is clear as glass, smoother for the touch screen and basically imperceptible.

[quote name='soonerdoc']Could not possibly disagree more. I have ZAGG invisible shield on one iPad and Ghost Armor on the others and it isn't even comparable. The invisible shield has all kinds of scratches on it, has a bumpy orange peel look to it and is very tacky (sticky) on the touch screen. The Ghost Armor is clear as glass, smoother for the touch screen and basically imperceptible.[/QUOTE]

I agree Zagg is the worst. They are fine unless it's a touch screen device because their skin is not smooth compared to others. Ghost Armor is pretty good, but IMO Best Skins Ever is on par and usually much cheaper. In my experience Phantom Skinz has been the best for touch screens.

[quote name='shlby']Wrap it in newspaper for a day. The charcoal from the print will absorb the odors. If it still smells, wrap it for a longer duration.

Essentially, Charcoal can take mostly any odor out of things.

/life hacks[/QUOTE]

What's a "newspaper"? ;)

Seriously, though...that's an awesome idea. Thanks for the tip.

I got the Game Traveler Case from Target and I'm not digging it at all. Going to return it if they'll take it back opened. The one I got is kind of lopsided and the Vita fits in the case tightly, just a bad case to me.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I got the Game Traveler Case from Target and I'm not digging it at all. Going to return it if they'll take it back opened. The one I got is kind of lopsided and the Vita fits in the case tightly, just a bad case to me.[/QUOTE]

As long as you have the box they will take it back. In my experience, Target is really good about returns and their return policy is good for 90 days I believe. You don't necessarily need the receipt since they can look up your purchase if you used a debit/credit card and if you used cash they will refund it back on a gift card (if you don't have the receipt).

[quote name='BREVITY']Stupid Thrustmaster cases are perma-out-stock. I really want a FEB case![/QUOTE]

The Thrustmaster SPF is the one that I want, but since I dont know when it will ever be back in stock, I bought the Rocketfish Vault from BestBuy. That case is going back, its ok but the latch is really cheap and it can be hard to open at times.

[quote name='DeathMoJo']The game traveler case that a few of you have picked up at Target, i found a black polycarbonate design one at Walmart for $19.99 as well.[/QUOTE]

Did you get it in store or online?

Found a flaw in the nerf armor, you have to take it off to switch games and it is not super easy to remove. First issue I have had with it though.

I just bought one of the Silicone Chinas from ebay. I figure for 5 bucks with free shipping, it's not much of a risk. The pics looked good enough for me. In terms of quality, I won't be surprised if it's a loose fit. haha

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silicone-So...ccessories&hash=item3a71367ddf#ht_6696wt_1163

Other than that, I tend to use the Sony travel pouch when I'm on the go, and the Trigger grip when I'm playing at home. To be honest, I was surprised by the Trigger Grip. I can now play my Vita for longer periods of time. Without the grip, I usually play my Vita for maybe 30 mins at a time. With the grips, I can play my vita for more than an hour in comfort. I guess it's fortunate that the grips complement my hand size.

[quote name='shlby']I just bought one of the Silicone Chinas from ebay. I figure for 5 bucks with free shipping, it's not much of a risk. The pics looked good enough for me. In terms of quality, I won't be surprised if it's a loose fit. haha

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silicone-So...ccessories&hash=item3a71367ddf#ht_6696wt_1163

Other than that, I tend to use the Sony travel pouch when I'm on the go, and the Trigger grip when I'm playing at home. To be honest, I was surprised by the Trigger Grip. I can now play my Vita for longer periods of time. Without the grip, I usually play my Vita for maybe 30 mins at a time. With the grips, I can play my vita for more than an hour in comfort. I guess it's fortunate that the grips complement my hand size.[/QUOTE]

Bookmarked. Please update when you get it, I really want a silicone protector for my Vita.

Hey guys I really was thinking about purchasing one of these grips, so you will be comfortable while playing Vita during long sessions. Any input or experience with any of these?

Power Grip for PS Vita ($24.99)

http://www.nyko.com/products/product-detail/?name=Power+Grip+for+PS+Vita

• Retractable and adjustable grips are ideal for portability
  • Play up to 3 times longer (12 hours or more)
  • Easily clips on to the PS Vita, no complex installation required
  • Works in conjunction with the Vita battery
  • Ergonomic design for improved control and comfort during extended gameplay sessions
  • Charges through the standard PS Vita power adaptor

CTA Digital PS Vita Hand Grip ($12.99)

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-PS-Vi...SZ58/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330820141&sr=8-1

PDP PSVita Trigger Grips ($14.99)
http://www.amazon.com/PSVita-Trigger-Grips-Sony-PS-Vita/dp/B0072A4JVW/ref=pd_sim_vg_1

I cant find a single release date for the Nyko Power Grip PS Vita, anyone heard anything?

I have this MadCatz ArmorShell (Which I really like)
http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/accessories/ps-vita-armorshell/98466

but can I use The PDP PSVita Trigger Grips with the armorshell installed?

[quote name='shlby']I just bought one of the Silicone Chinas from ebay. I figure for 5 bucks with free shipping, it's not much of a risk. The pics looked good enough for me. In terms of quality, I won't be surprised if it's a loose fit. haha

Other than that, I tend to use the Sony travel pouch when I'm on the go, and the Trigger grip when I'm playing at home. To be honest, I was surprised by the Trigger Grip. I can now play my Vita for longer periods of time. Without the grip, I usually play my Vita for maybe 30 mins at a time. With the grips, I can play my vita for more than an hour in comfort. I guess it's fortunate that the grips complement my hand size.[/QUOTE]

Silicone is so flimsy... :cry: I went with this TPU case from ebay, only one from a US seller and not outrageous in price. I ordered it the other day at it was $6, but the seller has since raised his price to $10.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS-VITA-MEDIUM-HARD-SILICONE-TPU-GRIP-CASES-WHITE-BLACK-CLEAR-USA-SELLER-/320859348200?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item4ab4b51ce8#ht_609wt_1189

I also have the CTA TPU bumper on pre-order from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-PS-Vita-Bumper-Extra-Sony/dp/B0073ESYSQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330826903&sr=8-1

[quote name='forbiddenx']Ended up getting the PDP Crsytal case. It's a bit thicker than what I wanted but there isn't really anything else out right now[/QUOTE]

Be careful, others have said the PDP Crystal case doesn't stay closed if dropped, apparently the latch or closing design isn't that great.

Sigh. So, I've been unable to get that Hori case to stop stinking to high heaven. Given that the microfiber cloth I put in there for 30 minutes still smells just like the case after 2 hours, I'm understandably reluctant to put a $300 system in the damn thing.

Guess it's back to the store with it.

[quote name='007']Sigh. So, I've been unable to get that Hori case to stop stinking to high heaven. Given that the microfiber cloth I put in there for 30 minutes still smells just like the case after 2 hours, I'm understandably reluctant to put a $300 system in the damn thing.

Guess it's back to the store with it.[/QUOTE]

If it helps, the Sony Travel Pouch has no odor at all. Not sure why the Hori and FEB cases stink so much, must be some strange material they used in them. No way I would put my Vita in a case that stunk like that!

The Travel Pouch isn't bad, but you'll need a shell around the Vita for real protection, such as the Hori Face Cover or Armor shell. I have the Hori Face Cover and love it; reminds me of the PSP Traveller Case, which was a bulkier version of the Playgear Pocket (clear plastic shell surrounding the whole system). Although the Face Cover doesn't completely protect the Vita, and if you dropped it you could still damage the back touchscreen at least.

[quote name='007']Sigh. So, I've been unable to get that Hori case to stop stinking to high heaven. Given that the microfiber cloth I put in there for 30 minutes still smells just like the case after 2 hours, I'm understandably reluctant to put a $300 system in the damn thing.

Guess it's back to the store with it.[/QUOTE]
Did you try the newspaper trick?

Just reporting back on the clear screen protector:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006ROO1XA/?tag=cheapassgam08-20

My Cosmos 3 pack of Vita front and back clear protectors from Amazon came today.
I installed it no problem with no bubble or dirt.

The fitting of the front piece isn't perfect. For the most part, it fits and works, but if you're OCD like me where everything has to be symmetric and evenly trimmed, then you might not like it. For example, the cut out notch for the front camera does not perfectly "cups" the circular camera. It's off a bit... though nothing that covers the camera that can hinder its function.

The back protector, however, is fantastic! This is the main reason why I purchased this kit. It fits very very nicely and I feel that it will protect my PSV's back panel against my nails. I'm sure you're aware that the back panel is more prone to nail exposure since your finger naturally curls inward to grasp/tap the back panel.

I had decided to ditch the Cosmos' front protector and keep my Sony's square protector on my screen. At least it's symmetrically balanced.(it's a rectangle) lol

Final Verdict: Satisfied! Get yours!

[quote name='pjb16']Did you try the newspaper trick?[/QUOTE]

I did, but to no avail. I tried newspaper, Febreeze, a dryer sheet, and just leaving it outside to air out... nothing fixed the problem permanently. I liked the case, but it wasn't 'OMG PERFECT' or anything, so it's not a big loss.

I replaced it with the (unfortunately $5 more) RDS Travel Case from Wal-Mart. Which, really, is basically the same thing, except it holds 16 games, too. The Hori is a little higher quality and just slightly harder/thicker, but I have no issues with the new case. I wouldn't, you know, smack it with a hammer, but I'd have zero qualms about tossing it a bag, pocket, whatever. Plus, it's smaller than the Hori, so it's much better for a coat pocket.

[quote name='007']I did, but to no avail. I tried newspaper, Febreeze, a dryer sheet, and just leaving it outside to air out... nothing fixed the problem permanently. I liked the case, but it wasn't 'OMG PERFECT' or anything, so it's not a big loss.

I replaced it with the (unfortunately $5 more) RDS Travel Case from Wal-Mart. Which, really, is basically the same thing, except it holds 16 games, too. The Hori is a little higher quality and just slightly harder/thicker, but I have no issues with the new case. I wouldn't, you know, smack it with a hammer, but I'd have zero qualms about tossing it a bag, pocket, whatever. Plus, it's smaller than the Hori, so it's much better for a coat pocket.[/QUOTE]

The RDS case is actually what I have, and I like it a lot.

bread's done
Back