Viva Pinata $9.99 + Free Shipping at Newegg

Great game. Anyone who doesn't play this because it's "too pretty" or "too kiddie" is really missing out on a great strategy game. Only problem is the number of hours you'll lose by playing it (oh, and a couple of menu issues ;)).

I'm actually selling my first one so I can get the second. Never got around to playing the first, so I figure I'll go with the one that is a bit more refined, according to reviews.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']So incredibly worth it.[/QUOTE]
Indeed. Best $10 you'll spend on the 360 - there's easily 30+ hours worth of content there.

[quote name='LuisRM']I'm actually selling my first one so I can get the second. Never got around to playing the first, so I figure I'll go with the one that is a bit more refined, according to reviews.[/quote]

true but one is a lot more money than the other

[quote name='kidrocklive']true but one is a lot more money than the other[/quote]
Oh don't get me wrong, I should have thanked the OP for finding such a great deal. $10, you can't go wrong. Just was throwing in my thoughts. :D

[quote name='rcavictor1956']Thanks OP!!!! Looks like a fun game. Ordered one for my son. :) I may have to test it out before I give it to him.[/quote]

My daughter is almost 7 and she loves it.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']Does Newegg show the item as not being a greatest hits version and ends up sending you a GH version like Amazon does?[/quote]In this case, I have no idea.

Otherwise, for whatever it is worth, 2 copies of Kameo I purchased from them both had the GH cover on them, as did the copy of Perfect Dark Zero.

Whatever the case, what difference does it make?

Was looking at selling some stuff on ebay. Looks like you can pick up sealed copies of VP: Party Animals for about $10 if anyone is interested. Maybe kids would like it :p

[quote name='dcswirl']Is this the first one? I just ask because I saw the second one at TRU for 9.98 regular price.[/quote]

if the 2nd one is really that cheap already i'm gonna be pissed I just bought the 1st...

Thanks, a 360 game with primary colors, no muted grays and gun toting soliders definitely needs buying! Oh the days when we all played moving artistic paintings and all had no issue with it.

[quote name='JJSP']If by "second one", you mean "Viva Pinata: Party Animals", then yes.[/quote]

Yes, that is the one I saw yesterday

[quote name='dcswirl']Yes, that is the one I saw yesterday[/QUOTE]

That isn't the second one, it's some crappy party game that came out last year from a different developer. The second one hasn't dropped in price.

Regarding this-I don't know what age has to do with anything.

Regardless, I really disliked it. It's complicated (or I just wasn't "getting" it or something), and I just had no fun with it. Really surprised me as I was expecting to love it.

I just received the game today, they sent me the Viva Pinata Party Animal, grrrr, so I had to RMA it.

If you're into Harvest Moon-style games, you'll like this. I spent $20 on it, and it was the best $20 I spent for an Xbox game for sure. $10 is a steal.

The game gets a bit hard to manage when you have a ton of Piñatas, and you realize you can't have every Piñata species live in your garden peacefully. I'm kind of afraid to go back into the game even though I was only 5 hours in because I had like two or three conflicts going on from what I remember! When my courage returns, I'll get back into it and move on to VP2.

[quote name='dikomo']I just received the game today, they sent me the Viva Pinata Party Animal, grrrr, so I had to RMA it.[/quote]

Same here too... They said the one I ordered is out of stock so they were going to issue a refund. Does that mean they'll be giving me something to mail it back to then and refund my 10 or just refund the 10 and I keep the game? I'm not paying to send the game back to them that's for sure.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Same here too... They said the one I ordered is out of stock so they were going to issue a refund. Does that mean they'll be giving me something to mail it back to then and refund my 10 or just refund the 10 and I keep the game? I'm not paying to send the game back to them that's for sure.[/QUOTE]

My guess is you can keep the game. I ordered and DHL tracking says it's being delivered to the wrong zip code. NewEgg says they labeled it correctly but still refunded the $10 since they couldn't guarantee its arrival. If it ever gets here I'll have a free game.

[quote name='maiku']My guess is you can keep the game. I ordered and DHL tracking says it's being delivered to the wrong zip code. NewEgg says they labeled it correctly but still refunded the $10 since they couldn't guarantee its arrival. If it ever gets here I'll have a free game.[/quote]

ah well I guess that's not so bad then. I would have liked the game I paid for but I can't complain if what I got is completely free lol. Thanks for your input on it.

Thanks for the heads up... my order was delayed due to billing address BS but it has been charged for so I hope I get it (and not an alternative)

I was going to bump this thread to share my experience, and to my suprirse, I am not the only one. Same deal. Ordered Viva Pinata, and instead, I just got Viva Pinata: Party Animals as of today. As result, I will get a refund, along with being able to keep Viva Pinata: Party Animals as a gift. Not the game I wanted, and not particular great game at that, but I am not going to complain about getting a free game.

...I got viva piñata party animals too. I was pretty happy to get this in the mail too. Too bad it's the wrong game.

Ugh.... Likewise I just received the same thing in my mailbox (Party Animals). Very disappointed since it took me this long to actually purchase Viva Pinata only to be foiled yet again. Oh well I shot them an email and hope I get the same response (IE Free game) that y'all have gotten.

That or the actual real Viva Pinata game but that's just wishful thinking.:roll:

they shipped mine two days ago. i really hope i get the right game, that sucks that you guys got the wrong one

EDIT/update: dammit! they sent me the wrong game!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do they send out the wrong game to so many ppl?
I actually chatted w/ a rep online today, she at first told me the item is correct...so I had to tell her I got Item # _____ when my order shows I ordered Item # _____.

*sigh*

[quote name='yuy104']Why do they send out the wrong game to so many ppl?
I actually chatted w/ a rep online today, she at first told me the item is correct...so I had to tell her I got Item # _____ when my order shows I ordered Item # _____.

*sigh*[/quote]From what I was told, it was out of stock.

Well mine finally showed up today... and it was the right game too! :D In the shaped plastic pack thing with the horse guy on the cover

(sorry for bumping an old thread - a week isn't that bad is it?!)

bread's done
Back