Wal-Mart Tradein 50% Bonus toward Madden 15

tdn327

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
50% Bonus on game to apply for Madden 15 / Destiny.

Offer start Aug. 31 to Sept. 6

http://weeklyads.walmart.com/hosted_services/walmart

NOW REQUIRES MINIMUM 2 GAMES TO QUALIFY 50% Bonus

Pre-Order Destiny

Get the Destiny Reserve Card (PS3/PS4) and ask the CS to enter the first 11 digit from the barcode.

Max 2 per same title per transaction per format. Ex. 2 x Watch Dog PS4 2 x Watch Dog PS3 is valid

If your gift card does not have a bar code use the last 16 digit to use at register.

Disclaimer: Wal-Mart Tradein is sometimes time consuming and possible fail due to untrain CS

Last edited by a moderator:
Two of the same game per transaction. Whether that's two per game per platform is probably at the discretion of the employee doing the trade-in.
It's 2 per game per platform per transaction. The rep processed a pair of Xbone ghosts and a pair of x360 ghosts for me on the same and he would've done more in a seperate transaction if I had more.

Any one know of good games to flip credit back to best buy or do they just give you cash when you return Madden?

Looks like they tanked MLB 14 (PS3) and MK8 to $33.66 base value, glad I dumped 6 MLBs (PS3) and 1 MK8 on them yesterday.

Some values rose:

NBA 2K14 (PS4/X1) is up from $15 to $22.44 base

Dead Rising 3 (X1) went up from $18 to $22.44 base

Tomb Raider (PS4/X1) went up to $22.44 base

Titanfall (X1) dropped from $25ish to $22.44 base

As for a good a good flip, you can buy DK Tropical Freeze for $31.99 with GCU, it has a $33.66 base at WM right now.

Also, COD Ghosts for X1 has a $24.68 base, $21.73 on Amazon, or Target for $1.73 w/ YMMV PM + $20 discount deal.

Madden 25 dropped....ugghhhh....JUST got copies of madden in the mail TODAY, if only they got here yesterday, luckily I did lock them in online but I want get as much

Got it today after a ton of work, same issues as stated by most, no barcode, had to transfer it to a physical card, wait & wait some more. I tried to go during 3rd shift but when I called they didn't know how to do a trade or was to lazy to try. I traded in COD: Ghosts PS4 which was $25.50 last night and it went up to 27.50 today, ended up getting $41 and change. Electronics computer was down so we had to go to the front desk. One lady had an attitude because she was to stupid to figure it out, told me to "Come back tomorrow!" which was dumb and smart assy. I said "I don't work here, it's your job to know how." I get a stare down, turn my head and turn back around and catch her shaking her head and rolling her eyes. I ask "What's with the attitude." She played it like she didn't do anything.

I'm glad my wife wasn't there, lol, for the CS chic's sake. What a bunch dipshits. It is true every Wal-Mart looks the same, same inside, same snotty type workers and carny folk walking around. Geez.

Its ok. We got hot chicks here.
They look decent here in North TN but the problem is most(not all, there are few nice "ladies" here) of them have that damn redneck sassy country bitch attitude that makes you wish they were a man so you drag them outside and stomp a blood puddle in their ass, then stomp it dry! :[

Got it today after a ton of work, same issues as stated by most, no barcode, had to transfer it to a physical card, wait & wait some more. I tried to go during 3rd shift but when I called they didn't know how to do a trade or was to lazy to try. I traded in COD: Ghosts PS4 which was $25.50 last night and it went up to 27.50 today, ended up getting $41 and change. Electronics computer was down so we had to go to the front desk. One lady had an attitude because she was to stupid to figure it out, told me to "Come back tomorrow!" which was dumb and smart assy. I said "I don't work here, it's your job to know how." I get a stare down, turn my head and turn back around and catch her shaking her head and rolling her eyes. I ask "What's with the attitude." She played it like she didn't do anything.
I'm glad my wife wasn't there, lol, for the CS chic's sake. What a bunch dipshits. It is true every Wal-Mart looks the same, same inside, same snotty type workers and carny folk walking around. Geez.
They look decent here in North TN but the problem is most(not all, there are few nice "ladies" here) of them have that damn redneck sassy country bitch attitude that makes you wish they were a man so you drag them outside and stomp a blood puddle in their ass, then stomp it dry! :[
What the fork?

I vote for instaban.

What the fork?

I vote for instaban.
I admit maybe I shouldn't have made that last comment, but everything else said was fairly tame. I've seen way worse comments in the past, yes it was a little strong but that is the mod's job to decide not yours pal. I've seen a heck of a lot more worse language/comments and filthy talk in the podcasts over my 9+ years here so whatever. I can edit it if it makes you & everyone feel better, no problem.

Completed a second trip today without hassle besides the bar code not printing but the cashier(different than day before) knew exactly what to do and even congratulated me on how much I got back. Will definitely use walmart for trades again in the future(or at least this location).

I admit maybe I shouldn't have made that last comment, but everything else said was fairly tame. I've seen way worse comments in the past, yes it was a little strong but that is the mod's job to decide not yours pal. I've heard a heck of a lot more worse bad language, comments and filthy talk in the podcasts over my 9+ years here so whatever. I can edit it if it makes you & everyone feel better, no problem.
Not every experience is the same, as I've gone 2 days in a row and had great experiences both times.

Not every experience is the same, as I've gone 2 days in a row and had great experiences both times.
Thay may be true but it probably depends a lot on where you live and who is working that day. I've had bad experieces at Wal-Mart in several different states, not all trade in issues but the general sense the customer is just another wallet walking in to pay their salary. I bought a car stereo near an ATL store in 2000 that didn't work correctly out of the box(I did installations on the side at the time) and he was convinced I hooked the - & + wires up to the wrong battery terminals. Then I proved him wrong by pointing out the stereo powered on & everything but the audio didn't work. He said "Well, i don't know, but I still believe you messed it up!"

I had family that worked in management for almost 10 years and never saw employees act the way they do now. Back then(1990-1999) everyone was way more customer freindly, I even spoke with two people who's been there since 1990 today and they have way more patience, courtesy and etc. One of the last time's I visited I was at service desk listening to the assistant manager complain to another older lady I know as well about how one girl wouldn't listen to her and do something the way she instructed, and telling the girl when the manager isn't here I'm in charge and they almost got into a fist fight. Obviously she was fired.

Two walmart trips today and both pretty crappy experiences.  Took about an hour and a half total and I got yelled at by the cranky old electronics b*tch when I tried to help her out.  Sadly the walmart with quality employees that I used to trade at no longer accepts trades because they were getting scammed, or that is what I was told today.   Really the stores are pretty hit or miss with more seeming to fall in the negative experience.  Its really about the employees though. 

Well 2nd time has me mad. Stopped by target after class today, picked up a 3 call of duty ghosts for $10, no problem. After work, I stopped by Walmart to trade them in. Took the lady a little while, but I ended up getting $57.88 in credit after some waiting. They didn't have madden 15 on ps4 in stock, so I got to keep the 50% bonus credit. The electronics lady said I could buy a physical gift card with it at customer service. So I went to do so. Right away the customer service lady had a serious attitude with me and said it wouldn't work. I told her the other walmart did it no problem (which they had no problem). She started to try and do it, then said it didn't work and she needed a manager. After 20 minutes of waiting a manager finally came. To shorten up the story, she made me write down my name and number for them to call me back tomorrow. I have little to no time to do things monday-saturday, so I am really upset. I think that bitch at customer service puposely "cashed out" the e-gift card to get me upset. Anyway I can contact walmart, or get some reward for the problems I am having?

Couldn't get it to work.  They figured out how to do the trade, but nothing would print out (I think they have a different printer on default, at least that's what happened last month w/ the preorder deal but they would not check another printer this time).  They couldn't figure out what to do, so I requested they cancel the trade (which they did not figure out how to do in the time I was there) but at least gave me the game back so I left.  I won't try this again even if they give 1000% bonus.  Whoever came up with the paper system for trade in values should be fired. 

the game was The Last of Us Remastered; the trade value dropped from $33 to $25.  I'll go to Best Buy instead.

Couldn't get it to work. They figured out how to do the trade, but nothing would print out (I think they have a different printer on default, at least that's what happened last month w/ the preorder deal but they would not check another printer this time). They couldn't figure out what to do, so I requested they cancel the trade (which they did not figure out how to do in the time I was there) but at least gave me the game back so I left. I won't try this again even if they give 1000% bonus. Whoever came up with the paper system for trade in values should be fired.

the game was The Last of Us Remastered; the trade value dropped from $33 to $25. I'll go to Best Buy instead.
I had the printer issue last time as well. The printer for the trade in system defaulted to the store manager's office and it was locked up but I got it done then. All these older systems are some hand me down bullshit. Avoid those any chance you get. Go to a newer walmart and make sure that the do it all including the printing in a modern setup.

Couldn't get it to work. They figured out how to do the trade, but nothing would print out (I think they have a different printer on default, at least that's what happened last month w/ the preorder deal but they would not check another printer this time). They couldn't figure out what to do, so I requested they cancel the trade (which they did not figure out how to do in the time I was there) but at least gave me the game back so I left. I won't try this again even if they give 1000% bonus. Whoever came up with the paper system for trade in values should be fired.

the game was The Last of Us Remastered; the trade value dropped from $33 to $25. I'll go to Best Buy instead.
At least you got your games back, I am have to wait for a damn phone call tomorrow to get this all straightened out...

I've traded in a few different times at an actual store and it's never been a problem. There was only one trip that took forever because the lady didn't know what she was doing. Another time the printer kept jamming so he had to restart the trade on a different computer. Don't think it's ever taken more than 20 minutes for trading in about 6 games and the values were well worth the wait.
I wish it was that easy :l

the store told me they didn't do trade ins and treated me like a scammer basically

Fyi, you can buy an egiftcard on WalMart.com with the GC number and pin from the in store slip which will give you one with a barcode

Did this deal today.  Took about an hour, but worked.

1. walked into the store & went to the electronics registers.

2. lady didn't know how to do trades, asked another lady.

3. rang the games up (traded in 7 games) and then rang up madden.  Didn't work.

4. Tried again, rang up madden & all games then couldn't hit continue.

5. switched computers and tried 2 more times.

6. the other "wizard" guy came over and he couldn't figure it out.

7. they finally realized that madden wasn't scanning correctly and did a name search.

8. the system let them hit continue and it told them that I must get games equal to the trade in price.  

9. I told them to give me 2 maddens.  The manager told me that it was illegal in Florida to get store credit for game trade ins now? Never head that before.

10. Transaction complete w/ a receipt saying that I paid with a gift card.  I should be able to take them back for a full refund w/ that receipt. 

Walked into my first walmart, they do not accept trades.

Walked into my second walmart, the customer service lady seemed to somewhat know what she was doing which gave me a small sliver of hope, she clicked yes on the trades towards Madden, typed in the upc entered my games but at the end the "checkout" button would not work. The lady said the system was down and was unable to finish my trade.

So two Walmarts and an hour wait to no avail. 

What step am I missing CAG?

Has anyone completed a trade today and gotten back an e-giftcard? I'm curious to know if they are printing barcodes yet.

just did a trade about an hour ago. everything went smooth, code printed out fine. i got the ultimate edition, and the upc scan worked without any kind of number changing, maybe that's where the difference is? i didn't have them try a regular copy.

I've gone to four Walmarts in my area. All of them do not accept trades. One stupid employee told me Walmart doesn't accept opened games. When I said that I know they did, she told another employee that Walmart didn't and that I was "trying to force them to do something they don't do."

God I love Walmart. And by love, I mean "want to annihilate."

I've gone to four Walmarts in my area. All of them do not accept trades. One stupid employee told me Walmart doesn't accept opened games. When I said that I know they did, she told another employee that Walmart didn't and that I was "trying to force them to do something they don't do."

God I love Walmart. And by love, I mean "want to annihilate."
I would of responsed with a smart ass answer such as "yea like doing your job right you mean?" Lol that why I avoid Walmart at all costs

Has anyone completed a trade today and gotten back an e-giftcard? I'm curious to know if they are printing barcodes yet.
i havent got a barcode yet,but I just went to customer service and explained and they put it on a real card for me

After taking some time to figure out what stores actually accepted trade-ins, my process went very smoothly. I traded in BF4, AC4 and Blops 2 for $106. Unfortunately my store was out of the PS4 version, so I just bought the xbone version where I then took it to another store and easily exchanged the two. 

Whole process took maybe 20 mintues. Not all Walmart CS sucks =)

Walked into my first walmart, they do not accept trades.

Walked into my second walmart, the customer service lady seemed to somewhat know what she was doing which gave me a small sliver of hope, she clicked yes on the trades towards Madden, typed in the upc entered my games but at the end the "checkout" button would not work. The lady said the system was down and was unable to finish my trade.

So two Walmarts and an hour wait to no avail.

What step am I missing CAG?
This happen to me today also. Just ask them to log out of the tradein wundow completely and relog /sign themself back in. After that ut worked like a charm 15min for 5 games(cod ghost x360 x 2 and 1x ps3, wwe 2k15 ps3, mk8) = 126.xx( cost me 60)

I feel like the minority here. My experience went very smooth. No problems AND a useful employee who knew what he was doing! 2 copies of Cod Ghosts for all 4 main systems and 2 copies of WWE2K14 for 360. Even returned the Madden at customer service on the way out with out any trouble. Thanks OP!

Did this deal today. Took about an hour, but worked.

1. walked into the store & went to the electronics registers.

2. lady didn't know how to do trades, asked another lady.

3. rang the games up (traded in 7 games) and then rang up madden. Didn't work.

4. Tried again, rang up madden & all games then couldn't hit continue.

5. switched computers and tried 2 more times.

6. the other "wizard" guy came over and he couldn't figure it out.

7. they finally realized that madden wasn't scanning correctly and did a name search.

8. the system let them hit continue and it told them that I must get games equal to the trade in price.

9. I told them to give me 2 maddens. The manager told me that it was illegal in Florida to get store credit for game trade ins now? Never head that before.

10. Transaction complete w/ a receipt saying that I paid with a gift card. I should be able to take them back for a full refund w/ that receipt.
Well Florida Walmart's had a situation where providing trade-in credit would force them to follow "Pawn" Law, which is a huge hassle for both parties (customer and walmart). So the solution is to trade-in for exact games or more.

Why are some people blindly going in to Walmart hoping they do trade ins?

Check the website beforehand to see what stores are participating!

I have like 10 Walmart in a 20 mile radius and only 1 of them is doing trade ins.  

Why are some people blindly going in to Walmart hoping they do trade ins?

Check the website beforehand to see what stores are participating!

I have like 10 Walmart in a 20 mile radius and only 1 of them is doing trade ins.
This. A week ago, there was nothing within a 50 mile radius of where I was. Now, I can go to two and one is actually not too far.

I'm surprised no one PM'd me about getting money for your gift cards. Last time I posted that, I got a BUTTLOAD of messages.
I already know how but I'll post here so people don't waste their time. Ranch Wings or RiceQuakes or RanchQuakes opened a prostitution ring that paid out in gift cards while his "girls" gave him cash.

This. A week ago, there was nothing within a 50 mile radius of where I was. Now, I can go to two and one is actually not too far.

I already know how but I'll post here so people don't waste their time. Ranch Wings or RiceQuakes or RanchQuakes opened a prostitution ring that paid out in gift cards while his "girls" gave him cash.
Don't listen to mask! This has not been proven yet!

Trade-in system is still a little screwed up, but thanks to posts in this thread I got the trade to go through without too much headache.  She scanned Madden to get the UPC but the system rejected it, so I suggested she leave off the first and last number and it worked.  Barcode didn't print out either, but I got the numbers I need.  Thanks OP and to all who posted the "work arounds".

Went to local Walmart today, cell phone guy knew about the bonus, he typed in the UPC manually into the trade machine, insisted on me buying the game with the credit, did so.  Went to CS desk to return, and the CSR gave the GC balance for 2 COD ghosts back to me in cash.  30 min total with wait time, pretty smooth overall.

thinking of hitting the van dyke walmart in warren michigan 

have anyone tried to trade in a untradable game like final fantasy 14 its on the list for like  12

Looking at their site it seems they are running a similar trade offer starting tomorrow. This time it's trade two or more used games and buy Madden OR preorder Destiny, and you'll get the 50% bonus.

Looking at their site it seems they are running a similar trade offer starting tomorrow. This time it's trade two or more used games and buy Madden OR preorder Destiny, and you'll get the 50% bonus.
link? if you dont mind,this would be perfect for me cause I was planning on getting Destiny at Walmart anyway

bread's done
Back