Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

How could you buy two ps4 with 260 bucks
You make $260 in "profit". You still have make the original $500 you spent and got back. Spend the extra $40 (+tax) and you can get 2 PS4's.

But hey, flip if you want. 50% is well worth it for me if I wanted to flip.

Last edited by a moderator:
How could you buy two ps4 with 260 bucks
I think he means that he would use all $760 to "easily" buy 2 PS4s. I'm missing the easy part, where you buy both of them for $20 below retail and don't pay tax.

This guy has it all worked out. Suckers like me and you, working for a living.

Hell, you might as well just trade in a million copies. You'd make $13,000,000 in profit. The hardest part would be finding a store with 100,000 PS4s, and then flipping all those on Craigslist.

It looks like Timbo is having a conversation with himself. I like it. lol

But the triple post has got to go.

He almost pulled off 4 there, I thought he'd go for it.

Also, paying retail for PS4 is crazy talk, you should be looking at AWD. They go between $256-296.
I was actually thinking of getting a PS4 from AWD since I had one for $256 in my cart but still barely any games (other than inFamous and maybe Watch Dogs) that be worth spending that much money on a console.

Yeah I just recently ordered one myself. Games are coming and I dont see a system discount coming for the holidays this year, more likely it will be hard to get again.

Alright so it's locked to two online, what about in store? If it's locked to two in store and online, than rather just trade into BB and Amazon. BB I can easily transfer the credit to a Visa and I always shop at Amazon so don't mind having credit there. Barely ever shop at Walmart so not worth trading there if there is a little. And yes, BB and Amazon both have limits, but better circumstances for that credit.
I'm not really a flipper but this seemed like too good of a deal to pass up, my target was all sold out except for one ps3 copy so I pmed at toys r us for 2 more copies. I was able to trade in 3 copies for the same console(PS3) no issue in store but they don't let you buy a visa with walmart credit, I found that out after the fact :( . Still, after taxes I made a profit of $25, as a grad student, every little bit helps, too bad I don't shop at walmart that much.

Seeing as PS4's have just gone back in stock at multiple stores worldwide, I doubt it's going to be as hard to get after it was after launch.

As for a price drop, yeah that's not going to happen for 2 or so years. The deals we are talking about are trading in to lower the price (making profit from trades), buying used from AWD or CowBoom or even getting it from a random eBay, Gamestop, etc. bundle / sale.

Unless your walmart has a true liquor license, your whiskey is about half the proof of what you would buy at a liquor store. So you might want to check the bottle
It does have a true liquor license. You can buy booze in supermarkets in Washington. 35 Proof (not the strongest, but worth a pokemon game or two)

When it comes to systems I would never buy used from say awd. Games yes but that's it.
I'm the total opposite. Their games are usually caked in stickers and have tattered artwork or missing manuals. I can't do all that. But the systems, controllers, headsets, etc.....if you read the description first, a lot of them are nothing more than a damaged box that they can't sell as new, so it goes to AWD. It's called a dinger. It's not always a perfect process, no, but I'm batting about 90% ordering 20+ big ticket items ($100+)

I'll have a PS4 system ($256), extra DS4 controller ($38), PowerA charging dock ($16), Wireless Gold headset ($64)....all for way less than the retail price of a PS4, not even factoring in the tax.

Really, whenever I order games (usually only LN or VG) it's always as if the person opened the game, decided the art work was bad, and returned it. They are always in great condition. The stickers are usually on the clear wrap too.

I'm the total opposite. Their games are usually caked in stickers and have tattered artwork or missing manuals. I can't do all that. But the systems, controllers, headsets, etc.....if you read the description first, a lot of them are nothing more than a damaged box that they can't sell as new, so it goes to AWD. It's called a dinger. It's not always a perfect process, no, but I'm batting about 90% ordering 20+ big ticket items ($100+)

I'll have a PS4 system ($256), extra DS4 controller ($38), PowerA charging dock ($16), Wireless Gold headset ($64)....all for way less than the retail price of a PS4, not even factoring in the tax.
This. So much this.

Really, whenever I order games (usually only LN or VG) it's always as if the person opened the game, decided the art work was bad, and returned it. They are always in great condition. The stickers are usually on the clear wrap too.
I must have really bad luck on the games from them then. All mine have had at least 2-3 stickers, and right on the case. Sure, Goo Gone works fine, but it gets annoying when you order games every week, and have to Goo Gone them every week. Sometimes the cases will be cracked/broken, sometimes the artwork will be halfway out and tattered all to hell. Sometimes they are missing the manual.

At least I have good luck on the bigger stuff lol.

The worst is when you take a chance on a Collectors version or Special edition that doesn't have a plastic case. And they put those damn stickers right on the box, like WTF? May as well not even try to get that off.

At least I have good luck on the bigger stuff lol.
giphy.gif

Just looked at the used game prices on walmart.com. Some are ok. Some are hilarious $25 for dead island for 360. Walmart will give you $2.26 in trade. Hahaha. Worse than gamestop.

Just looked at the used game prices on walmart.com. Some are ok. Some are hilarious $25 for dead island for 360. Walmart will give you $2.26 in trade. Hahaha. Worse than gamestop.
That's what happens when the Supply exceeds the Demand. The more of something you have, the less likely you actually need more of it. Which also drives the trade in prices way down. (Still don't understand how they wanted to give out a $27 profit on Ni No Kuni though) When at Retail it was selling for $20. Ah, well. Flippers unite!

load up the flip train.  For those that need games for the Gamestop b6 get40%.

Thief sells for $25.14 , trades in for $30.60.  (with 30% plus 10% pur)

Both xbox one, ps4 version

Bought a couple of each to get 4 of my six titles so I could grab Lego Hobbit 360 for my son for $28, (added  gow3 for $6.29 to replace the one of the ones I traded in last month to walmart as my sixth title), made a little over $20 extra in walmart credit, and will have a happy son. :) 

Went to Wal-Mart to trade in some games I'll never play again, and also to see how the trade-ins would work. After waiting for 10 minutes I was told that they had to "postpone" their trade in program due to "glitches." I know Wal-Mart isn't the bastion of customer service, but I really didn't expect someone to lie so completely right to my face. 

It really pissed me off, I'm thinking of actually taking the time out to complain. Back to Best it is.

That's what happens when the Supply exceeds the Demand. The more of something you have, the less likely you actually need more of it. Which also drives the trade in prices way down. (Still don't understand how they wanted to give out a $27 profit on Ni No Kuni though) When at Retail it was selling for $20. Ah, well. Flippers unite!
You do understand that walmart sells pre-owned game of the year edition for $7, right? And NEW copies of Dead Island regular version for $20?

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_query=Dead+island&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

Oh, and thanks for explaining supply and demand*.

*sarcasm.

You do understand that walmart sells pre-owned game of the year edition for $7, right? And NEW copies of Dead Island regular version for $20?

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_query=Dead+island&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

Oh, and thanks for explaining supply and demand*.

*sarcasm.
I'm aware. Doesn't change the fact Wal-Mart was giving out $47.00 for each copy of Ni No Kuni traded in at the time. Where the excessive trade ins that people did. Brought the trade in value of that particular game way, way, way, down.

Which would also mean they aren't in the market right now for any more copies of Dead Island. And, you're welcome. Let me know if I can explain anything more clearly for you. /sarcasm :D/

I'm aware. Doesn't change the fact Wal-Mart was giving out $47.00 for each copy of Ni No Kuni traded in at the time. Where the excessive trade ins that people did. Brought the trade in value of that particular game way, way, way, down.

Which would also mean they aren't in the market right now for any more copies of Dead Island. And, you're welcome. Let me know if I can explain anything more clearly for you. /sarcasm :D/
Your logic is terrible.

Tried to use my credit to purchase an amex gc and got rejected by the cashier. I've got another walmart nearby with a self-checkout. Anyone know if that'll work? I'm guessing I just scan the amex gc barcode?

Tried to use my credit to purchase an amex gc and got rejected by the cashier. I've got another walmart nearby with a self-checkout. Anyone know if that'll work? I'm guessing I just scan the amex gc barcode?
Well, just came back from trying to purchase a gift card at the self-checkout. It doesn't work - at least at my Walmart. You need to be able to select "shopping card" as a payment option. Unfortunately, I spent a good couple of minutes trying to find it and it wasn't an option. Since I was holding up the line, the attendant tried to override and apply the e-gift card himself and wasn't successful. He finally got frustrated and took me to his register and was able to apply the e-giftcard there.

Anyways, has anyone been able to successfully apply a Vanilla Mastercard gift card to their Amazon account and purchase an amazon gift card? I've tried entering my zip code as the billing name but haven't had much luck (yes, registered card online with zip).

not a big money maker or anything, but if you have final fantasy 14 for ps3 you can get $8.xx and for ps4 is $20.95. especially good if you only bought the ps3 version to upgrade to the ps4 version.

Can I use these walmart trade in gift cards either at Sams Club (in store or online)?

Thanks to any informed person who can answer this.  

Can I use these walmart trade in gift cards either at Sams Club (in store or online)?

from the walmart faq

You can use a Walmart plastic Gift Card at:

• Walmart.com
  • Any Walmart store
  • Walmart gas stations
  • Sam's Club stores*
  • Samsclub.com*
If your card does not have a PIN, you can use it only in a Walmart store or Sam's Club.

card_diagram.gif

Walmart eGift Cards can be used at:

• Walmart.com
  • Samsclub.com*
  • Any Walmart store
You must have a copy of your eGift Card email to use in a Walmart or Sam’s Club* store during checkout.

To use at a Walmart Gas Station: print the eGift Card and trade it in for a plastic gift card at any Walmart Store.

[SIZE=10pt]*If you are not a Sam's Club member, you may shop at a Sam's Club store or Samsclub.com, but a 10% service fee will apply.[/SIZE]

Yes you can.

The total value accepted by the customer is awarded immediately and can be applied at checkout in a Walmart store or Sam’s Club, or online at Walmart.com or SamsClub.com

See now that was just lazy of me.  I admittedly did not look because it was Sam's club and not walmart.  Thank you for being courteous despite my lack of effort.  I will do better in the future!  

bread's done
Back