Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

I used the website's participating store locator and the closest Walmart was 17 miles away, so I decided to call the Walmart that's close to me. I was transferred countless times from electronics to customer service to electronics and to sporting goods. I was waiting to talk to the assistant manager towards the end. I was put on hold for like 20 mins in total...so fuck Walmart. Im glad I called while I was getting ready at home and did not end up wasting gas/time
So the store that's close to you didn't appear in the participating store locator?

Went by today and ask where to trade in games electronics section or customer service and of course they didn't have any clue what I was talking about.

EDIT: I just check and I guess that WM isnt participating in trade in. Gotta go to a different one. W/e.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a store to do the visa but it won't work in their system anymore. She tried to get it to work. Is there a certain visa you need to pick? They have 5-6 different kinds.

Does FedEx ship on a Saturday? The UPS stores near me don't, so I was wondering if they did. I never use FedEx.
Looking at the locator on their site, it doesn't look like FedEx ground has Saturday pickup. Unfortunately, my games are being delivered on Friday, so hopefully they come early enough for me to get the package to FedEx by the final pickup on Friday.

Looking at the locator on their site, it doesn't look like FedEx ground has Saturday pickup. Unfortunately, my games are being delivered on Friday, so hopefully they come early enough for me to get the package to FedEx by the final pickup on Friday.
Keep in mind that the Walmart trade in website says that the games must be received within 10 days. If you locked in on Saturday and don't ship til late on Friday it's going to cut it really close.

Well, I know what I'll be doing this weekend. $22 for Gears of War 3? Seriously?? Okie dokie.
By then the value could drop substantially like with every other game. Whatever you gonna do needs to be done soon.

Keep in mind that the Walmart trade in website says that the games must be received within 10 days. If you locked in on Saturday and don't ship til late on Friday it's going to cut it really close.
It was locked in early Sunday morning. I thought I had read it just had to be shipped within 7 days, but I see the received within 10 days now that you mention it. I think it would be received by Wednesday if I drop it off Friday, but I can't say for sure. Maybe I should just return them and go send out a bunch of copies of Gears 3 instead. My local Gamestop probably has dozens of copies. I'll probably risk it and end up doing both though....

It was locked in early Sunday morning. I thought I had read it just had to be shipped within 7 days, but I see the received within 10 days now that you mention it. I think it would be received by Wednesday if I drop it off Friday, but I can't say for sure. Maybe I should just return them and go send out a bunch of copies of Gears 3 instead. My local Gamestop probably has dozens of copies. I'll probably risk it and end up doing both though....
Unless I'm misremembering, someone in this thread called, asked about the deadline for trade-ins, and was told that you just have to ship the items within 10 days, not necessarily have them received by then.

Unless I'm misremembering, someone in this thread called, asked about the deadline for trade-ins, and was told that you just have to ship the items within 10 days, not necessarily have them received by then.
If so that person is wrong here are the terms from the terms and conditions page:
Product Shipment
The shipment of the Seller's Products confirms the Seller's acceptance of the Company's price and condition offer. The Company's price offer will only be valid for 10 days from the date the offer is made. It is the responsibility of the Seller to ship all of Product(s) using one of the shipping methods provided by the Company such that the products are received by the Company within 10 days of the initial offer date.

Yeah. It's weird because if you look at their terms and conditions, it say this...."It is the responsibility of the Seller to ship all of Product(s) using one of the shipping methods provided by the Company such that the products are received by the Company within 10 days of the initial offer date."

But...if you go to your trade account and view recent orders, it says "Your order must be shipped within 10 days for the offer amount to remain valid."

Not sure what to believe, but I think I'll send it anyway.

Yeah. It's weird because if you look at their terms and conditions, it say this...."It is the responsibility of the Seller to ship all of Product(s) using one of the shipping methods provided by the Company such that the products are received by the Company within 10 days of the initial offer date."

But...if you go to your trade account and view recent orders, it says "Your order must be shipped within 10 days for the offer amount to remain valid."

Not sure what to believe, but I think I'll send it anyway.
Maybe they consider FedEx receiving your package as "the Company receiving your package"? :???:

I tend to lean towards the email wording, "postmarked within 7 days."

...and holy crap at that Gears of War 3 value!  Bye, bye to my copy I haven't even played yet and I might see what my Gamestop has as well.

I got a email from them today saying they haven't seen activity for the package being picked up yet.

Reminded me that I NEEDED it to be postmarked with-in 7 days or I lose my locked in trade-in value.

So, just going off this email. If it's shipped in the first 7 days, your good to go. I'm guessing the 10 day thing people refer about is the 3 extra days it takes to get there.

As of 3/26/14, we have not yet received your package.

In order to receive the full quoted value for your trade-in, your items must be postmarked within 7 days of the original quote.

I would assume you are probably good if it's shipped within 7 days, but that assumption alone isn't enough for me to gamble my money on.

Hopefully they are more lenient than I am expecting, but until we find out I'm going to be safe not sorry.

More then likely 7 days to ship from quote and 10 days from quote to be received in. So if you send on the 7th day then you more then likely won't get the quoted amount unless you positive they will receive it in 3 days

So we get the same price if we trade in store as they quote online right? if so ill do some flipping of my own. any good ones besides the gears of war someone posted earlier?

just came back from doing a trade at my Walmart, bought Gears 3 for $8.99 at GS and got $21.76. I was the first one to trade at this store. Couple facts about the process:

-Trade was done in Electronics dept

-My Gears case was cracked but they let it go through since the terms dont specify the condition requirements of the case (YMMV)

-They did take my License and enter it in the system

-Stores apparently wont begin selling these games till the fall (I ended up in a convo with the 3 guys in electronics about it and they all even said "We're Walmart, we do terrible ideas every now and then" lol)

-I received an e-gift card that is on a piece of paper they scan with barcode

-Apparently if you lose that paper you're screwed as they claim to have no way to reprint it.

All in all $13 for less than 30 minutes of my time...good investment.

I traded in today as well but my trade in was done at customer service (the ladies their were not too please with having another responsibility) BUT the lady helped me out by buying a Walmart gift card by scanning the e gift card on the screen so i didn't get stuck with a piece of paper.  Very easy process.  I will continue to trade in there until the prices fall below best buy or Gamestop.

I need some new work pants so I think I'm going to dig out my copy of Gears 3 and take it up there tonight before the value drops.

Learned the hard way that no Wal-Marts in my area are accepting trade-ins... 

Bought 2 copies of Gears of War for the quick turnover and got denied. Got my money back but just a disappointment.

Apparently NO Wal-Marts on Long Island are accepting trade-ins. Wah-wah

Learned the hard way that no Wal-Marts in my area are accepting trade-ins...

Bought 2 copies of Gears of War for the quick turnover and got denied. Got my money back but just a disappointment.

Apparently NO Wal-Marts on Long Island are accepting trade-ins. Wah-wah
Holy crap, thank you for saving me the trouble. (Fellow LIer here). What the fuck is with LI and lack of trade-in programs? We only got a trade-in program at Best Buy like a year ago.. Is it because there's a lot of CAGs/hoarders on the Island or what? I remember Best Buy saying they needed some special state license for trade-ins (which they eventually got).

Holy crap, thank you for saving me the trouble. (Fellow LIer here). What the fuck is with LI and lack of trade-in programs? We only got a trade-in program at Best Buy like a year ago.. Is it because there's a lot of CAGs/hoarders on the Island or what? I remember Best Buy saying they needed some special state license for trade-ins (which they eventually got).
I gave the lady at my store a look like she just didn't know what she was talking about and questioned her a few times because I thought every wal-mart was participating... She said that many stores in the north weren't able to get a license to accept trades? I don't know if that's true or not but I went to Wal-mart's site on my mobile and confirmed that the closest store for trade-ins is in Connecticut.

Also, I'm too lazy to do it by mail, so dead end at wal-mart lol

Well I traded today at Walmart. 4 Vita games got me a $59.87 giftcard. Not bad at all. I then bought some groceries, and 2 giftcards. One for BW3, and..... Drum roll..... A Visa giftcard. So it does work.

I gave the lady at my store a look like she just didn't know what she was talking about and questioned her a few times because I thought every wal-mart was participating... She said that many stores in the north weren't able to get a license to accept trades? I don't know if that's true or not but I went to Wal-mart's site on my mobile and confirmed that the closest store for trade-ins is in Connecticut.

Also, I'm too lazy to do it by mail, so dead end at wal-mart lol
Yeah, it's got to be the license thing Best Buy told me about. Walmart's too cheap to pay for it (probably because there's a lot of people with disposable income around here who flip and stuff). That blows.

Just got back from my local walmart. if your gonna fkip gears i would do it fast. when he 1st scanned it came up 53 cents. i was like hold on online it said 21.xx. so he looked it up online and was able to give me that price. so be quick about it.

Just wanted to report my experience: at my Walmart, trades are done in electronics. The hardest part was finding someone who knew what I was talking about, but there was one young man in the dept who was on the ball, and had all ready done one trade in today. I brought 4 copies of gears 3. One from home and stopped at gamestop on the way in (right in front of Walmart, btw. Also: side note the GS employee told me they have a promo with 20% trade in bonus that stacks with other promos on games and accessories so you can get up to 60% bonus if you trade toward a preorder. He specifically said this area (sw Florida) is a test market for this and it's locations near to Walmart and he mentioned the Walmart trade in as why)

At Walmart, they didn't bat an eye at 4 copies of the same game. What *did* cause concern was the silver sticker on the center plastic ring. He knew that meant it had been refurbished, and wasn't sure he could accept it. After calling a manager who told him trade ins were only for employees (at which he rolled his eyes) he took it because the paperwork he had didn't specifically say not to. So that may be ymmv. Anyway, as reported its a printed gift card (got $87.04) with a barcode and pin. Took it up front and bought a plastic gift card with it no problem. Didn't try a visa, as I plan to just use this for groceries.

Also, instead of taking my license, he spun the touch screen around and had me type in my info from my license....I think that was probably wrong, and they should be doing that cause I coulda typed anything.

Just got back from my local walmart. if your gonna fkip gears i would do it fast. when he 1st scanned it came up 53 cents. i was like hold on online it said 21.xx. so he looked it up online and was able to give me that price. so be quick about it.
Better lock in 19 copies quickly.

bread's done
Back